Why does this car exist when it does things only moderately better than others that cost 4 times less?

Why does this car exist when it does things only moderately better than others that cost 4 times less?
Why is it considered iconic for all the wrong reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p6D7S2rcyIQ
jalopnik.com/the-lexus-lfa-is-the-most-misunderstood-modern-supercar-1725935586
clublexus.com/how-tos/slideshows/why-are-there-12-leftover-lexus-lfa-supercars-still-for-sale-517271#where-are-they
lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=New LFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Engine noise.

>This should have been the new Supra

Stings I know...

Because there is more to a car than benchracing it. It's an experience.

I just want to know why was it impossibly shit at motorsports. particularly the nurburgring 24 hour races.

You only think that because you have never driven it.

To you, this car doesn't exist outside of the specs listed on some website or in photos from a magazine.

this
imo V10's are the best sounding engine and the LFA is the best sounding V10
youtube.com/watch?v=p6D7S2rcyIQ

Because it does better, and is more luxurious, than the car that costs 4 times less than it
Stay assmad, vettefaggot

Theres never going to be another Supra

>all the reviews say it was like firing electricity through your nervous system over and over again

i think that's what it was for, not for e-peen benchracing. the thing is fucking brilliant

>looks amazing
>sounds amazing
>grorious luxonip interior
>fast
>NO ONE HAS ONE (UNIQUE)

manual or dual clutch and it would transcend to god tier, everyone who drives it says the trans holds it back.

fuck

Because in the world of $400k Cars, exclusivity is a factor....

>but I can go 10x as fast in a LS Swap Miata

Yeah nobody cares,

Because it sold out.
When something sells out its entire production run, it was in demand.

When there is a demand you can sell things in that market.

The downshifts are something only an angel could create.

>I looked at the spec sheet and I'm not impressed
Benchracers will never understand.

As everyone else has said:
>Looks great
>Sounds AMAZING
>Fast enough to be stupid fast
>Rare
>Nice interior
>Good reliability

Also knowing you own the first ever and currently only Lexus supercar.
It just did everything right. It's the perfect daily driver supercar.

No one answered OP correctly yet.

the Lexus LFA was Toyota flexing what it is capable of doing.

jalopnik.com/the-lexus-lfa-is-the-most-misunderstood-modern-supercar-1725935586

LFA ownership comes with like a toyota concierge digital service within the car thats free for life and can buy tickets to events pick you up book hotels planes and ships it can also do luxury requests

Are you sure you're not confusing that with ownership of a platinum credit card?

Tbh those dinan stroker s85 v10's with the titanium headers sound at least as good. Dem headers also glow purple, muh dicc

>Theres never going to be another Supra
GT-R R35 is the new Supra.

>the Lexus LFA was Toyota flexing what it is capable of doing.

Not very much then. Kind of pathetic

He's not. You get all that plus they'll fly out the top Lexus techs in the country to fix it, or even rotate the fucking tires, for free.
t. Former Lexus employee

Well yeah, but once you can afford a Lexus LFA, you no longer have a real use for all those benefits, except the premium maintenance service, which most manufacturers in that price segment have.

Except it didn't sell out, you can still buy one brand new

t. neet

Does that make the CGT got tier?

of course, absolutely GOD TIER and i will accept no debate on the matter

>even asking this

Wrong. The "unsold" cars were purchased by the dealers and belong to officially belong to the dealerships, but since the dealerships have not started the warranties on them, they are listed as not being sold. And since the dealers are not listing them for sale, you cannot buy one.

Source:
clublexus.com/how-tos/slideshows/why-are-there-12-leftover-lexus-lfa-supercars-still-for-sale-517271#where-are-they
>It has been reported that all of these cars were purchased by the owners of their respective dealerships
>What you're probably thinking then, is that the cars are technically sold and, you're absolutely correct.
>However, these vehicles are still reported as unsold by Lexus due to a technicality; because the warranties were never started on these 12 units, they still count as unsold units.

>caring about cost

To some people cost is not a problem at all. People are happy to pay money to get an uncompromised product.

>emissions bullshit means that we'll never get another car that makes that sound again

Novelty car. They could have built something just as fast for $120k if they really wanted to.

So they are still new, unsold cars. Thanks

It does nothing better than the italian/german competition.

>new, unsold

Again, wrong. Did you not read the article?

They were sold and owned by the dealerships. The dealerships just didn't start the warranties on them and reported them as sold.

You're straight up the most ignorant person in this thread, even moreso than OP.

There's so much more to a car than simply how fast it goes. The LFA is a car with enough presence to blot out the sun. It's got gravity.

Spec sheets, pictures, even any real description I could give you, none of them truly do the LFA justice. Everything on and in that car is perfection. The paint, the body, the panel gaps, the engine, the interior... Everything is the epitome of Toyota's manufacturing, engineering, and design capabilities, as a true /flagship/ car like it should be.

It's a car that really does need to be seen, in person, up close, and for at LEAST half an hour to even begin to understand it. And I guarantee you and OP both completely lack that, and I pity you.

so I know I can LS swap a miata, but can I 1LR-GUE swap it?

is this copypasta

>So how does the LFA drive? Let me give you a sense of what you’re in for: There is no cruise control on this $375,000 Lexus. There is no cruise control on this $375,000 Lexus.

>Forget whatever you think a Lexus stands for: comfort, plushness, grand touring, a sedate experience, everything. Throw that stuff out the window. This one is different. The LFA is here to break shit, hard.

>This is an unbelievably visceral and challenging car to drive, much more so than the McLaren 650S I had on these same roads earlier this year. The LFA has no interest in holding your hand, or having good manners at low speeds or on laid-back drives. It doesn’t do “good manners.”

>Some of its hardcore and uncompromising nature comes from the six-speed paddle shift gearbox. Shifts are felt here. When the LFA changes gears, automatically or by your command, they are forceful and immediate and jarring. Smooth is not anywhere in the LFA’s vocabulary. Compared to supercar rivals from its day and today, the LFA’s gearbox is distinctly unrefined.

>It’s nowhere near as polished as what you get from a Porsche or a Ferrari, but it gets the job done. Oh, and reverse? That’s a little standalone button to the left of the dashboard, if you need it.

>This thing knows how to slide. The electrically assisted steering is accurate, but a little light on road feel, unfortunately.

>All of this begs the question, though — was the LFA a success for Lexus?

>I don’t really know. Define “success.” It’s true that it didn’t serve as the brand-elevating halo car for Lexus the way the R8 did for Audi, for example. It’s so rare, so expensive and so far away from anything else Lexus (or Toyota for that matter) has ever done before or since. There have been no extreme high-performance Lexus models since the LFA’s run ended. And while it’s fast, it’s certainly not the fastest supercar ever.

tl;dr: LFA is fucked up badly for Lexus. No cruise control, no comfy, no handling feel/electrically assisted steering (true lexus), unrefined gearbox, not fast ""supercar"", reverse standalone button on the dashboard, unfriendly user, not polished as Porsche or Ferrari. It doesn't feel like lexus at all.

This explains why LFAs are still unsold. Where is the replacement of LFA? Nothing. Toyota just gave it up cuz they know that they can't into that area.

they honestly should have gone all the way and made it a proper street legal racecar

every jap manufacturer is selling high end street legal, track ready race motorcycles on the side that often eclipse their cars in technnology and PR goodness. toyota could have been different but instead they just made a status symbol like the germans they seem to love so much.

LFA is the only supercar I'd have.

you can buy one right now cuz there are many unsold LFAs out there.

find me one

>Shelled out $400K semi-decade old Lexus ""supercar""

>spoonfeedme
No, you can do it urself

oh they're all sold out there.
still more exciting to me. But you'd buy a fwd minivan because it has good 0-60 car so you don't give a shit about cars just care about wiki articles

>oh they're all sold out there.
retarded lexus buyer

Well, you are one of Lexus's demographics, which are retarded. Let me help you dummy lexus fanboi to find LFA
lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=New LFA

What is a semi decade

oh neat they're making a new LFA that's cool
I'd still like a brand new original LFA out of the dealer, shame they are all sold

>they're making a new LFA that's cool
Thanks for proving my point. Lexus shills are retarded.

Meanwhile at Mercedes

And that's Trump's fav car.

I dunno. Since I am never going to buy one anyway I don't care about the price at all.

Maybe I can afford a Corvette that is faster than the LFA one day. Even then I will still occassionally be dreaming about that sound.

They need to slap that v10 in the LC500/LC-F and keep the v8 for the RC-F and bring back the IS-F. The new IS looks 10x better than the last gen, they finally got rid of that stupid hood bulge. I'll bet a v10 LC500 would sell like hotcakes, especially if they can still stay around the 100k mark.

Lexus feels like it wants to enter the performance sector, but they seem to be flailing around and are mostly hit and miss. Their 8 speed auto is apparently as close to a dual clutch as a standard auto can be, but as long as it's not a dual clutch it's something that will keep being held over their head. I doubt Lexus would offer a manual in their cars, but it should at least be offered in the F versions of their models.

A great number of people share this sentimen, and so did I, but the 1LR-GUE engine alone cost $100k in the LFA. Not to mention it would be for very little gain considering its 552hp output when the 2UR-GSE in the LC500 is already near 500hp.

Maybe due to economies of scale they could produce a cheaper variant but I imagine they would just use the V8 + turbos to achieve the same effect, sans the amazing sound. In fact, that's what all the rumors say they already plan on doing for the LCF.