2015 Porsche Cayman vs. 2008 Porsche 911

Both can be had for around $50k.

Which do you choose?

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SnG0X6oSwu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who the FUCK would pay 50k for a 10 year old Porsche? And not even a 911 GT3 or Turbo.

Joking aside, you're retarded OP.

youtu.be/SnG0X6oSwu8

Personally I think the Caymen looks better. Plus you can save thousands of dollars. Pretty obvious choice.

even a 10 year old porsche is really nice to drive

but you've never driven one, so who cares about your opinion

>4K 60FPS!!!

Mind blown

I never said it wouldn't be nice to drive. I said that 50k for a ten year old potentially unreliable car is retarded. Sperg moar

is that a carrera S badge?

the 911, duh.

>Shit taste in cars
>Shit taste in girls

>porsche 911
>unreliable

2015 Cayman for sure. 981 is absolute peak Boxster/Cayman. The only problem is the base Cayman is a little lacking, I recommend at least S if you can swing it. The handling of the mid-engine Boxster/Cayman is perfect, a 981 glides as if it's on rails.

In 2015 when I bought my car I could've afforded a 991 911 but I specifically bought a 981 because I liked it so much better. I'd only go for a 911 if it was something really special like a Turbo or a GT3. There's obviously no contest between a GT3 and a Cayman, but I definitely think the Cayman gives the base 911 a run for its money.

Yeah right, that's why old porsches are increasing in price and every petrolhead try's to get his fingers on a 964 or 993. Please shut the fuck up when you know nothing about cars in general.

>Buy a porsche
>But buy a souped up MR2

literally why not an MR2 and a few simple mods?

Because I'm not poor. Please don't comment if you haven't actually driven a Porsche, the MR2 is no comparison.

>comparing a shity 4000$ cuckbox to a krautmagic god machine
Only on Veeky Forums

Buying 2nd hand ever. Enjoy your petri dish of a middle aged man's faeces.

>VAG
>repair costs

old porsches=! New porsches
Porsches adopted different style and design philosophy after Porsche's reformation in the 90s; this is why 996 porsche's aren't going up in value

gtfo

And that's where you are wrong you fucking shithead. Now leave this thread and stay BTFO for ever. You proven 2 times that you know nothing about Porsche and cars in general.
>pic related

>VAG repair costs
How tucking retared are you? Of course a expensive luxery brand has expensive prices for parts and repair. That has nothing to do with Porsche being part of the VAG group. Stop shitposting memes that you even use wrong faggot.

>Even considering a shitty bloated beetle that should have died decades ago over a proper mid-engined sports car
Honest question, are you retarded?

Whichever one is the S. If they both are, then you have to consider that they drive completely differently. You gotta test drive them both to see which one you like

>Porsche
>unreliable

Even a basic bitch 2.5L Boxster is nicer to drive than a fucking MemeR2

>porsche
>reliable

LOL

>you
>having a license

LOL

Take into account that Porsche doesn't sell nearly the same number as Honda...

It's per 100 vehicles user

>not even having basic knowledge of statistics

Are you American by any chance?

I'd pay 50k for a targa with a manual and extended leather.

996 Tarbo

if a 2008, 911 looked like the one you posted sure but it doesn't. i'd rather have the fresh 2015 cayman design

>flat 6 n/a Engine
>timeless design
>911 have the best resale value of all Porsche
>chooses the 4 cylinder shit cayman because of muh design instead
Kys

Those are the same car, aren't they?

The '15 Cayman was the last of the flat-6 Caymans though, so it'll hold its value pretty well.

>>timeless design

RMR > RR
911 purists will dispute this, but they're objectively wrong

It's held up over 50 years and it's still in demand, that's about as timeless as you can get.

caymans didn't get a turbo four until the 718

holy shit that car sucks

heroin is centuries old and still in demand, doesn't mean it's good

Dude, you're clueless. Think about what you're saying and judge yourself hard. You're talking like a girl who hears rumors and gossips them immediately like the truth

I have a wishful theory that used 911s won't hold nearly had much value as the should or would and can be had for relatively cheap in the future... until the paddleshifter auto/man hybrid transmissions came into style they were one of the last cars that were typically standard and a alot of them were sold

it's legitimately rare now a days to know (let alone want to) drive manual and it's only going to get rarer. the supply of manual

But heroin is literally the timeless drug. Congratulations, you proved that poster's point with your analogy.

Don't feed the fucking troll newfag

lots of stupid people are on heroin because they're weak pathetic fuckups

lots of stupid people buy porsches because they're unimaginative moronic cunts

What an arbitrary horseshit question. Also using 2008 out of all the years, a 2008 911 could have the horrendous tiptragic and the old intake-manifold injected engine OR PDK and the new engine with direct injection and dry-sump system.

anything else

Always 911, unless GT4, then Cayman.