/ORG/ Offroad General

Old bread; For all your offroading needs!

>ITT:
>shit on Fords
>IFS vs. SFA
>mallcrawlers - grounds for a one-way trip to the gulags?
>try to justify your all-terrains

>Map for stalking:
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
>Discord for full out autism containment:
discord.gg/SenfAyU
>Become an anti-weeb stickerfag:
watracing.com/?product=off-road-genera

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6331821489.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for power line trails.

Second for power line trails!

Peek headstamps and barrel stamp

what's your job that would require off roading (non-winter time)?

In the summertime I work as "bike patrol", meaning that I'm responsible for maintaining and building bicycle trails around my local mountain, and first aid/rescue. Fixing broken parts of the trails, broken planks on the parts made of wood, signage, drainage and machine maintenance are some of what I do, plus the first aid bit which involves on-site first aid like splinting fractures, cuts, oxygen and the things that may follow, and the medical evacuation bit if its needed

Its not every day I have to use my own car for it, but some days there aren't any other vehicles available, or I am transporting too much/too heavy for the ATV to handle

>norge

>nårvei

rode kors?

Nope, paid work

RK is my hobby

The best trails in my area are power lines. However, every time I do one I feel like I will get shot at by an angry local. I had 1 person take a pic of my plate and accuse me of dumping trash already.

>tfw snorkie saves my ass

Its not even legal at all here unless you're there on licensed business and also have the eventual land owners permit

Holy fuck is that your engine oil?!

comfy hooning sessions will come to you, but only if you reply 'snooze well comfy cougar'

>continuously beating the shit out of that pour thing
pls b nice to it okay

any good sticker sites for my shitbox (or 4x4 in general)

no fences and no posted "no trespassing" signs means even if someone calls the cops all they can do is make you leave

I know, but there are too many assholes in my area who are too lazy/broke to go to the dump and pay 6-10 bucks and dispose of trash properly. On almost all trails I go to, their will almost always be a massive pile of trash just out of sight of the road sometimes blocking the trail. The property owner gets pissed off, and Thats when the gates and the ''no trespassing'' signs go up, and a good offroading spot gets closed off.

Grabber AT2s, my nigga!

>landfill/transfer station is cheap/free
>dumps in the sticks anyway

Why do people do this? Grinds my gears when i go innawoods and see shit dumped everywhere.

Fuck off crow

white trash pos
not much more of an explanation needed

Do you like

My shaft

Muh pickup

>california

>tool truck cap
why tho

got this baby a few days ago, it's been fun

hey KO2s

is that a 90 or a 110? which desert?

'91 200TDI 90, near Moab, UT.

This has been very accurate.

Nice. I'd love one as a rock crawler. It's nice to see a scoop snorkel on it instead of the normal cylindrical one.

Nah, just water.

beautiful truck and neon

Are Patriot Tires a meme? Should I just stick with my yokos?

For a power steering flush, any suggestions for fluid? It's for an 01 Ford

Dream car for me. How much? Have you considered a engine swap yet?

Mercon atf most likely

Are you the same guy with the cold start issue?

Thanks folks. The 200TDI isn't the most powerful (I think my motorcycle makes more) and highways have been a slow affair but it does have that wonderful "I am driving a tractor" sound and feel.

I was. Solved it. Glow plugs plus new battery and it starts up after 30 or so seconds of being "ON"

Its a fucking GREAT looking car/truck tho

Nice, user!

Do you have a glow plug switch or is it in the key holder? In the winter, hold the glow plug switch until it turns off, turn off all power, then glow plug it again (so do the same thing twice) before starting it.

First Snowfall of the year!

It's the key holder. And will do. Now to replace the blown strut

30 seconds sounds a bit much, or is it common on something as big as the 7.1 Powerstroke or what you were running?

Mine is at most 6 seconds and then it fires up with no issues, even at -30c - but thats a 2.5 diesel and also running dual batteries

It's the 7.3L powerstroke. Thing also has 409k miles on it

Yeah, I am super in love with this thing.

Pretty jealous. Is that North-Western Canada or somewhere else completely?

>660 000 km
>7.3 powerstroke
That thing's crushed around 86 000 litres of fuel in its life. That's around 401 barrels. Nice.

Did you have to give a kidney for it? Seems they hold value super well. I'm not envious of 98% of vehicles, but that one is pretty far up there on my list.

Currently it's getting a nice 10mpg. Tank holds around 38 gallons of diesel

I was running maths based on 18MPG. Sorry. multiply my estimate respectively.

Can we also get a few pictures of the beast? (just the engine would suffice, too:)

You too.

Land Rover TDi, so 2.5, right? Not Volkswagen TDI? TDI swap it :^)

In one way I am glad we haven't had any yet, as the bike season isn't over for another 13 days, but I am also a bit annoyed that we haven't had any of the glorious white stuff ourselves yet except for at the upper parts of the mountains

Take good care of it, mate - that thing ther eis exactly the way I like them. Simple paintjob, practical modifications, fitting flares, extra lights and wheels with just the right amount of offset

Western Canada
Calgary.
Pic Not of current snowfall

I will see if i can find any. MPGs and it don't get along ;)

It was not cheap, and needs a lot of love. Going to start with replacing brake lines and cylinders that are going at this point. Perhaps replace rear drums w/ discs. Then adding a roof rack, some rock sliders, winch.

I gotta get it appraised for insurance too, otherwise they'll go by 1991 Range Rover valuation (which is approximately 2 subway sandwiches and a few brake pads worth).

Yeah I'll keep it nice. I might repaint. No gangster G wagon nonsense.

Lower it with lowering springs, user.

To store gear and other trail needs, plus there's a bed in the back. It's called overland user. Get good

Why not just get a regular cap and hang toolboxes so you don't take up large amounts of space with weird metal everywhere.

Agree with Benzfag. 30 seconds is about 25 seconds more than you should need. Dunno about the 7.3L F-trucks specifically, but most vehicles the glow curcuit switches off about 8 seconds after "key-on". Next time you turn it on, listen for an auditable click or clunk sound from the engine bay about 5-10seconds after. That'll tell you what the longest glow period is.

Either way, sounds like you're on the right track.

I for one am a big fan of the older 200/300TDi Rovers. As you said, Christmas will probably arrive sooner than a 200TDi, but they're an honest old workhorse capable of racking up big mileage. Simple to work on and simple to diagnose (like all good older diesels) and they have enough grunt to pull the skin off at least two rice puddings!
I'd still choose a 200TDi over the later TD5.

edgybrovapeit

I heard this too, and I'm no expert on it but I'll take the easy engine over the new and famously unreliably finicky ones. Maybe one day I'll put a higher horsepower engine in it -- it was a bit of a tragedy trying to drive to Bakersfield in strong headwinds and dropping to 50-ish mph -- but for its intended purpose the thing is ridiculous. I haven't even used the low range yet.

typical landrover, on the side of the road, broken down.

"I didn't becoome reliable until I was already a classic but by then it was nothing to me but seafoam"

A E S T H E T I C bro, mad jelly of your rig

Ewwww fuck that shit, it was 25 degrees in Tarannah today.

Heresy.

>
god damn thats pretty
I would kill for a 110

Eh, in my opinion looking for a more powerful engine defeats the purpose. If that was the case you'd be better off with a factory V8, or the later TD5.
I reckon plodding along through the scenery without being rushed is part of the experience with an older smaller diesel.

>Ewwww fuck that shit
>fuck snow
Heresy.

I want all this shit to ice over and we can finally set up 1 mile long shots

Also, [spoiler]running boards are finally being ripped off due to nature so rock sliders soon.[/spoiler]

>mudding

>ice

Nigga I have to commute 55 minutes in GOOD weather, ice just makes my wageslaving that much more tedious.

I like my running boards but I'd like the look of sliders better. It's still at step-in height but if I lift it I'll be in hop-up territory, so the running boards are more function than anything.

Plus sliders rust and get crusty after a while.

No joke, the brakes stopped working three days after buying it. Wasn't a hard fix though.

what is wrong with the British

why can't they into quality

sliders do too. just give it 10 years

i love snow committing. it's like offroading on your way to work. smol truccs have like horrid grip as well but with the land cruiser, i may run chains and go up those hills at max speed. man i miss snowstorms so much.

gotta get to your wagecuck job refreshed, ya feel me

also, bedline your sliders bruh

lmao / f

which part of them broke

Rear brakes are drums. I woke up in the desert and found the left side rear wheel had basically the entire master's worth of brake fluid dumped on it.

Car calls for DOT4, I only had DOT3, topped it off and found the leak was somewhat slow enough to make it to a shop to work on it. Turns out the brake cylinders on the rear are basically shot. Replaced seals w/ some off a '97 Nissan, and it held fluid so drove it back home. Now to wait for some genuine® Rover parts.

>genuine® Rover parts.

>made by Indians

lel

inb4 cylinders arrive with poo in them

Well fellas, Goatherder has been busy preparing for an international move, and it's time to sell the Goat. If you are near Denver or have friends looking in the Denver area, I'll give the "friend price" to anyone who claims /org/.

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6331821489.html

Not deadly enough, I want a Samurai.

n-no more goat?

saw this in /out/, anyone have any info for it?
need it for my Tacoma build

you saved the thumbnail

Yeah it was just a taco or a ranger with a camper shell. I remember seeing that posted on here a few months back and on the /out/ thread.

What do you want for your tacc build

>tfw i get the same tractor esqu experience at a fraction of the shekels you got fucked out of
>tfw "made in Detroit" and "USMC" ID tags on the door jam

you ought to be ashamed of ya damn self

whoops

4x4 swap, TRD s/c

its pretty basic but itll cost a bit,

You can ask tacofag who's doing one himself. The other thing you could do is bring a different engine and depending on which one you get, you might have to make the transmission / transfer fit so you're putting that money into the swap already. What year is your tacc?

The shell looks to be a custom made one off some RV or camper. If not, you can buy one that fits over but they go for pretty expensive, though.

ive looked into the swap, most of it is bolt on. but ill need things like ecu.
trans will get rebuilt too because shift points cant handle the extra power, trans will shit.
its gonna cost me a quite a bit
damn i need that camper or plans for it

I was actually very close to getting a Ramcharger, but honestly I just love Defenders.

Need more pics with the new swampers, and some with them in action!

oh god my fucking benis

?

I love her, what I'd do to hold her hand

Paint those run covers gold

That's just odd and creepy, user

Did someone say 4x4 swap?

Am I being replaced as the ">2wd Tacoma"

It's love, pure and simple!

I recently bought pic related, since I want to travel around sightseeing New Zealand while I'm here (3 months).

And while I have tons of experience driving, I actually have no experience offroading, which I would otherwise love to try here!

Will I be okay with this jeep, and what sorts of trails should I try as a beginner?