Alright Veeky Forums I'm fucking done

alright Veeky Forums I'm fucking done.
I was searching for a reliable, but fun first car for 5k in europe for months now, but no models seems to fit quite right

I'm at the point of giving up and buying some crap slushbox

Other urls found in this thread:

hasznaltauto.hu/auto/suzuki/swift/suzuki_swift_1.3_glx-12064810
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just get a twingo

10 of them

I already thought about a twingo, but it only has 75hp max

It also weighs nothing.

put a tarbo on it

E36 323ti

500 for a twingo 4500 for mods, get a clio 162 engine for a few hundred euro and swap that shit in.

Or get an early Twingo and a 1.4T from a 5 GT Turbo and boost the everloving fuck out of it, that's a bolt-in swap. Clio RS blocks require some fabbing.

>what is the bolt on turbo engine swap

does this actually work? the later 75hp ones only have 1.2l and I've never seen forced induction on them, only clio engine swaps and stuff

I guess you got a point there yeah

don't really want to get a rwd car as a first one, most E36 here are trash and they need a lot of gas

linku linku

True, but those are a little more difficult to find aren't they.

The D4F engine in the 16V actually got a factory turbo variant later on, found in things like the 2nd gen Twingo GT, Clio, Captur and Dacia Duster. It makes about 100hp stock, and its internals can safely handle ~150hp with new injectors, ECU reflash and a few other things.
It uses the same block as the 60hp 8V and 75hp 16V, but its cylinder head and internals are different.

Civic ep3 type r

so you're saying the engine from later twingos is a bolt in swap into the old one? sorry I'm reading up on renault engines rn, know basically nothing

The 1.2 TCe should be, in theory at least. The only real issue I see is the stock Twingo gearbox, which is rated for very low torque. You'd have to upgrade to a JH3/JB3 gearbox.
That, and figure out a way to make the electronics work, but that should be relatively easy in a car with as little electronics as a Twingo.

hm I think I'll be better off getting a 2nd gen Twingo with a D4FT engine now though and then swapping it back to a 1st gen shell once I'm familiar with it

>I'm at the point of giving up and buying some crap slushbox

if it's your first car it literally doesn't fucking matter you stupid baby

It'd be less of a hassle for sure, although I don't know how much 2nd gen GTs go for in your country.

what about a 2002 suzuki swift

Cheap, simple, reliable, awesome MPG.
Solid shitbox.

looks like there are some decent ones between 3 and 4k, I'll search some more tomorrow

kinda looks like a turd, but thought about it as well - are they good? I've never seen one in person

The Swift/Cultus formed the base of the US-market Geo Metro, which is pretty much shitbox royalty up there with the Twingo around here.

Should I get a early 2000s Volvo s60 or similar as a first car? I'm planning on saving up a bit still so I can cover costs after the initial purchase of the car.

You can get a 528i for pennies, fucking kill yourself retard.

powerful clios are fun, you can also get a miata in this price range, e36 318is in good condition (you have to be careful though, those things are always fucked up)

god, with 5k euro i would already be on my way to nurburgring with used, but well preserved mx5 nb

no my friend you can just get a fun car with rwd lik-
fuck you benchracer, you're on your own.
Hope you enjoy your fwd slushbox 50ton minivan because it has the correct spreadsheet facts

why
its just another FF piece of shit.
just get a toyota or honda

Get a van, faggot.

>Australian
>Can't buy $500 Twingo's
>No fucking Twingo's anywhere
Life is suffering

original OP here, thanks for the recommendation, however all of the E36 here are fucked up.. I had a fucking pristine Miata NA for 4.8k but decided that the car was too good for me

Let me guess, Veeky Forums redpilled you into the
>only rwd's are fun
meme

actually no, I mean rwd sounds fun for jerking around and stuff, but I feel like it's easier to push the limits on fwd without fucking up

so as a first car I'd rather get fwd anyway

Also if you're looking for a fun first car look into the later 106 GTI's, that have a bit more commodities. Good condition ones should go for 2-3k, and you save the rest for any issue that could pop up.

Volvo 740/780
Twingo
VW Golf/Vento

Hungarian poorfag here MFW 755€ all papers ok til' 2019.

hasznaltauto.hu/auto/suzuki/swift/suzuki_swift_1.3_glx-12064810

Can confirm the 106 GTi/Rallye and Saxo VTS are pretty god-tier French funboxes, you'll definitely die in the event of a crash though.

>buy rusty ass miata for 500
>get used to rwd until you feel confident
>buy nice miata for 4500
>keep rusty one for parts/sell in parts and make profit

500 euros for a twingo and a few simple mods and you're at $5000, tax and insurance included, and 900hp to the FRONT WHEELS.

>implying any $500 dollar car will save
Twingos use black magic but you have to give it your soul in advance

True, post-2000 Twingos are surprisingly sturdy little shits though.
Pre-2000, not so much.

BMW e46
Honda Civic
Honda Prelude
Ford Mondeo
Opel Vectra
Grandpa Mercedes CLK

BMW e39

>Europe
>shitbox
1000€ Passat TDI

>not 2.slow for dead reliable shitbox duty
>not 1.8T for dat tuning potential

what country?

germany

>bitches about car choices
>in fucking germany
for 5K you could get any generation of the MR2 with money to spare
and if that doesnt suit your fancy get on autouncle and sort by price.
Germany is automotive HEAVEN compared to a lot of other yuro countries

>tfw Denmark
>tfw over 200% tax on cars
You can get a decent MR2 in germany for 2-3K.
here its 8K if you're lucky, and thats only the first gen

MR2 sonuds nice apart from the snap oversteering desu senpai

>He fell for the snap oversteer meme
It was only really a problem on the 2nd gen pre-92
and many if not most mid-engine cars have the risk of snap-oversteer
A first generation MR2 is a fine first car, not particularly fast, but fun.
Only downside is their age, but theyre cult cars, so any issues have already been fixed on the forums.
Hope you like installing new alternators though.
They're not sensible cars, but they're worth it

The I5s are great engines, don't really see any reason why not if you like that kind of car. Sure, they're not the lightest or sportiest, but they're pretty damn comfy, drive well, and that I5 sound (while quiet) is just great.

G O L F
O
L
F

If you live near enough from France, I'd suggest looking into a Citroen Saxo VTS, a decent one goes for 4k euros and they're a load of fun to drive with decent coilovers.

Ob du behindert bist? Für 5000 € kannst du dir auf dem Gebrauchtwagenmarkt alles mögliche kaufen

Was willst du denn für ein Auto?
Limousine Kombi Coupe SUV ?

Du bist für Fahranfänger und willst ein gutes erstes Auto?

BMW e46
Ford Mondeo
VW Passat
HONDA verdammt nochmal CIVIC
ACCORD