I own an n55 e92 335i m-sport

I own an n55 e92 335i m-sport

ask me anything i'll answer unbiased

did you start this thread because you think your car is interesting? why?

Why did you think anyone cares?

his car is decently interesting tbf.

I feel for the price you could pick these up for, it's interesting enough. I much rather have this car than a spec'd civic or a mk7 GTI. (I did own a MK6 which was a blast to drive)

read

how long have you owned this car/how many miles have you done
what has broken so far
>captcha: dongio

>n55 e92

no i'm pretty sure that's a bmw

I've owned the car for exactly a year now at around 40k miles. I've driven it about 10k miles. Dealt with VAMOS failure, messed up timing belts, blown charge pipe(?).

Over 16k in repairs were done to the car so far. I'm not an idiot and knew what i'd be getting myself into purchasing a performance BMW so I made sure to opt in with an aftermarket warranty: 4 years or 80k miles, whichever comes first. I pay a $300 deductible for every claim.
Have filed two claims so far.

n55 and n54 have a few key differences, just wanted to state model

i think the n55 has a timing chain?
that warranty is a must have for such cars

>I'm not an idiot and knew what i'd be getting myself into purchasing an e92 335i
Ftfy, this whole model range is a reliability nightmare. Newer cars like the 535 or M235 are solid.

op would you street race me if i slowly and very casually passed you on the highway at 4-5k rpms

yup, you'll literally go broke if you don't have a warranty.

how much are you pushing

Not trying to be an a-hole but that bwm is not a performance model. it might have some nice suspension mods etc but its still a base power bmw and engine. Akin to a v6 mustang with a track package nice fun car but GT and up its where its at. If it was an M class then its a performance model.

what do you enjoy most about sucking dick?
why didn't I bump your thread?
why do you enjoy stance?

>how much are you pushing
That's a surprise. You just have to decide if you'd give it a go or not. Would you?

Nah i'd just tell you to pull over so I can suck your cock

335 is akin to an s4. 328s and below have the base engine a la your v6 mustang analogy. 335s have the twin turbo i6. M3 is rs4 tier. Both would be considered the performance model. Like a mustang gt vs a Shelby or whatever the top tier redneck equivalent is.

Why do I think your car would look pretty good with a stupid big 326 power spoiler? Yes, I am a ricer, but why not.

what company is your warranty from and is it any good with covering all the engine and drivetrain components? I have warranty for another 2 years then I'm on my own just wanted to see if theres any good warranty out there. I have exact same car too

Cheers

Hm, that's a little bit gay dude.

it's pretty much a modern supra (affordable, big power with some mods)

this

Anybody go about doing big turbo? Whats your take on it. Im trying to see if its worth the time and money.

Yea well you drive an Audi. Owdee. Like Oww, the D.
My D. I'm fucking you. Bitch. BMW#1

do you ever wish you had gotten an M3 instead?

Same with going bt on any other car. No if it's your daily, yes if you can afford to dump tons of time and money fucking with it all the time and want something to dad dick people on the highway with.

No. M3 has better handling/ suspension stock but 335i has more mod potential for cheaper.

If you like high raving V8 just go for the m3
I like hearing the turbo spool up on my way to work

What transmission do you guys have? I got the 6AT and am debating to switch it to DCT or 6 MT

>comparing this shitheap to a supra
Delusional

Dct has issues putting bit power through it. The 6hp for the 335 has good tunes out for it and can handle quite a bit.

Guess who's sharing the same platform for the next supra/ Z4 :)

>believing the rumors
You’re retarded

Correct me if I'm wrong but toyota doesn't make inline 6 turbo cars anymore

How often do you get compliments on your car or it passes as a sleeper?

some people just assume its fast because of looks but most people don't think anything unless they know what it is and not a 4 cylinder econobox

328>335i.

Do ppl give you shit for owning that car? I have the n51, and i get shit for owning it all the time (live in NY 24 yrs old look younger), i swear ppl are fucking ignorant and hyper jealous today.
Are you running jb4? Lots of people saying jb4 is what fucked their car, not suprising since AA stage 2 tune caused massive idle problems on the n52.
Good thing i bought the 328i only thing ive done is 2 oil changes tires and front brakes are coming up.
Last question.
Do you dagumi in the hills? And will you ever go to another car without hydraulic steering?

I think i understand, like a mid tier or a upgrade from the base but not full performance like an m class. Not familiar with bwm in all honesty, at the most generic level i narrowed it down to m classes as top, m series as mid grade of the base but extra mods suspension maybe slight power or better engine etc, and the # series as the base bland non performance cars. Anyways nice car i like them but the reliability just scares me, maybe as a second car i would have one .I would go with an m class personally if i have to deal with the issues.

e92- 328i has better reliability Ill say that but,

if you're not the type to do maintenance yourself or have CPO warranty then its probably not for you.

If you want more power but less issues get MHD, if you want even more power you will have more issues with JB4 if you don't record logs or know how to do it yourself. Tuning is better with the turbo charged engines though its just the nature of it. However I know some people with supercharged 328s which are nice.

My friend has an e93 M3- sounds really nice, dct is sharp and handling is sharp.

But for the same amount of money you can make a lot of improvement with the 335i.

The biggest thing I can say is - get brakes (I did brembo rotors and stop tech pads) and suspension before power upgrades. and if you have the run flats they won't perform as nice as a good set of michelins or something of the sort.

>they're just r-rumors right?
Hahaha asshurt toyocuck

I gave up on finding a white one so I got her instead. How long did it take to find your car?

Why does BMW refuse to have the tail lights line up properly? I keep seeing this on several models and it looks bad.

It looks great.

Never thought about that do you have any issues on your car? Im thinking if anyone is going to make an OLED set like the M4 GTS I heard the OEM gts ones are $7-9k a set

Ladies he's back!!!!!!

S U P R E M E

Am I the only one that thinks the E90 looks a lot better than the E92?
I mean, the E92 only looks good under M3 guise, otherwise it just looks lacking from the back and three quarters.

Pic related gets me hard as fuck, especially if it has pre-facelift tail lights.

why don't you wrap it?

e90 looks pretty boring in non-M trim, just a regular german saloon
E90 M3 vs E92 M3 is pretty debatable though

e92 m3 is so well proportioned

>chrome wheels

the e92 is truly a gentleman car

>buy new BMW
>boring soapbox
>put money into it
>value goes down massively

>buy old BMW
>looks great
>put money into it
>value goes up

Hmmmmm

You bought the wrong car, senpai.

value will soon begin shooting up on e46 and e39 era M cars

What year is urs OP? Bought my 2013 335is in april and haven't had any issues other than fuel vapor pump or whatever the fuck.

++the fucking horrible exhaust flapper rattle upon cold start

>red white and blue grille stripes
>popping your hood to show off your stock motor
Nice car but cmon breh

Rather spend the money on wheels/ power mods

Just a typical bimmer owner.

Eh, was just a random snap from when I took it to get the oil changed. Not tryna FLEXXX on anyone senpai.

hey there elliot

Elliot who lol

gtfo my Veeky Forums

That sucks to hear man. I almost pulled the trigger on several N55s that I was considering this past summer. Got a GTI instead which is now faster than any piece of shit N55 BMW puts out so I am not complaining

yeah but you're still driving a fwd cuckmobile

>cheaper
>faster
>more reliable
>more practical
>better lap times
>dual clutch

whatever helps you sleep at night

>Base model BMW
Dude come on

>uglier
>shit interior
better lap times according to what?
memelaps?
remember both cars are tuned so fastestlaps don't really count.

If you had a choice between an E91 and E92, which one would you pick?

How many cocks did you suck before breakfast?

do you need a coupe or a touring?

>aa tune ruined idle
that's because the aa tune is fucking garbage dumbass

bpc is the only company that can tune the n52 without fucking up

sup OP, we got the same car yo.

i love mine personally, even though i rarely drive it these days as i ride my motorcycles most of the time.

and hopefully e34 :(

ayyyyy I had a 335is 2 years ago. I've never seen another one in the US (saw a bunch of them around canada though). One of the best sounding factory exhausts I've ever heard.. I forgot that the vert models got fog lamps instead of the m bumper.

You can fix the cold start exhaust rattle by either doing the golf tee mod or by putting some tension on the valve that rattles in the driver-side exhaust tip. I did the latter by wrapping a spring from a screen door around the pipe so it kept tension on the nut controlling the butterfly valve. The golf tee mod is easier but it makes the car louder.

e34 m5 prices have been going up since like 7 years ago

and don't be coy OP, you can admit you really want the m3 ;^)

BPC is the best, shame they made he turbo kit race only. Though Bob said he can get the ess Supercharger to 475hp with intercooler and AA headers/exhaust.

So BMW unreliability isn't just a meme? It's one thing if a shitbox breaks down because it's built cheaply...but holy fuck it seems like German cars are designed to break

Not designed to break, but they are designed in the sense of being highest profit of all manufactures. Now combine that with the fact they always use fresh tech and materials, and you get unreliability.

So BMW unreliability isn't just a meme? It's one thing if a shitbox breaks down because it's built cheaply...but holy fuck it seems like German cars are designed to break l

They are designed o be maintained. And that maintenance is budgeted according to the car's price when it was new.
Occassionally german engineers still fuck up, but mostly it's designed for you to regularly put money into it. Unless you get a mid-lower end Mercedes. These things go half a million kilometres with minimal maintenance, I've seen them do it.

i've seen a fair number of 335is in the states. i don't like the rear diffuser, looks pretty cheap and ricey.

Agree. They were doing everything they could to justify the cost increase of a tarted up 335.

but I don't have an m5

clean, original e34 prices are going up too.

German cars have great build quality, it's only certain models like the 335i or the 550i that become reliability nightmares

What does "maintained " mean? What kind of maintenance prevents countless electrical gremlins and the issues that OP is experiencing at 10k miles?

I own an E91 myself because I needed to haul cargo and enjoy the drive at the same time.

nice. i just picked up an n54 e93.

what made you choose the n55 over the n54?

Not OP but the N55 seems to be holding up a lot better than the N54.

OP's car is not at 10k miles

Holy fuck do a google search and get btfo

ive never seen a 335is in my life (boston). i cant go a day without seeing a 335i though. maybe youre mixing them up, thinking theyre just talking about 335is like, 335i but plural. thats what i thought at first too. didnt even realize they made a 335is.

No, I’m talking about the 335is which is the hotter trim between the 335i and the m3. It has different bodywork and wheels than a normal 335i, and got a power bump of about 20hp or so.

Here in Seattle I’ve seen probably between five and ten different ones.

>I'm not an idiot

>VAMOS
>Timing belts
>(?)

>Live in Los Angeles
I've seen a handful of other 335is' around, but there are so many BMWs around here that it's hard to say what models are rare vs not.

I bought this lil kit that's supposed to eliminate the rattle... only subdued. Trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if I got a faulty part. (pic related)

Did you have your badge wrapped black or did you buy it like that?

Case in point, saw this one on my commute home today.