The thing about apps like tinder and OKC are that they primarily help people who would otherwise have no trouble going...

The thing about apps like tinder and OKC are that they primarily help people who would otherwise have no trouble going to a bar and picking people up face-to-face. To them, its a convenience, since their picture and bio can successfully do all the talking for them.

For everyone else, its just another source or rejection and yes, the people in this category are almost entirely male.

So suppose there was a dating app that let men in on the big data side of online dating? Who's getting laid, how are their pictures taken, and how do you measure up? Are their bio's intricate and details regarding their interests and personal philosophies or are they two lines stating their intentions in a funny quip? This does both the jobs of coaching non-optimal men in becoming, or at the very least presenting themselves as, optimal, while creating a track to having a large userbase of optimal men, meaning there's incentive for both men and women to start using the app.

Other than feminist whining, is there anything I'm missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/pdf/1607.01952
theblog.okcupid.com/tagged/data
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ugly fat socially retarded fucks still won't get laid. You don't need data to tell you that.

>I'm unattractive. How do I monetize this?
Different day, same thread

Hey user, want to go into business together?

Actually he's someone else and this is a legit problem that a lot of people are concerned about. There's even a few studies documenting how bad it is, to the point where social scientists are predicting it to compromise the integrity of the gene pool.

arxiv.org/pdf/1607.01952

You don't think men would change their behavior if they were given as statistically close as possible to objective milestones to work for?

Great idea OP, but terrible business since all of those customers who "don't measure up" will quit. Why would they stay?

OKC and Tinder work by keeping them in the dark.

Ugly men will do what they always have done to get laid, pay for it with cuckbucks. You can land a desperate moderately attractive woman with 2 kids if you have a good job.

>thinking people are rational

It's no secret that getting more attractive is going to help you get laid. What's funny is that it's literally the only thing that matters and yet people still fantasize that what they write in their profile matters.

FPFP.

Also OP there is a TON of research on attraction and dating on both men and women of all types. Pick up a book some time.

Check out Sperm Wars or The Game.

In my opinion men seek the following (in order):
>looks
>brains
>emotional stability

Women seek the following (in order):
>looks
>power(typically but not always expressed as $)
>personality(ability to please the woman emotionally)

Besides what you are talking about already exists. There are dating coaches, PUA courses, and most paid dating sites have regular articles and seminars on dating.

>So suppose there was a dating app that let men in on the big data side of online dating? Who's getting laid, how are their pictures taken, and how do you measure up? Are their bio's intricate and details regarding their interests and personal philosophies or are they two lines stating their intentions in a funny quip? This does both the jobs of coaching non-optimal men in becoming, or at the very least presenting themselves as, optimal, while creating a track to having a large userbase of optimal men, meaning there's incentive for both men and women to start using the app.

Already done.

theblog.okcupid.com/tagged/data

The older posts from 2009 cover much of what you are talking about.

Okay, I guess can see the market for 'dating app coach'. Seems like a natural extension of the non-app version.

That study also reinforces what I thought: getting matches doesn't always correlate with success, because men and women use the app differently. Men shotgun, women snipe, and ugly people miss every time.

Wait isn't the graph saying that if you get a high looks score then you are more likely to get a high persnality score AND if you get a high personality score then you are more likely to get a high looks score?

Why people pretend that this graph says "you need to be physically attractive otherwise your personality never helps"?

Not even a coach. Someone needs to make something to level the dating playing field between men and women. There was this other paper that found the availability of so many choices to women caused their mate selection instincts to go haywire, so instead of selecting the very best from a pool of 10-20 people, they all selected the very best from a pool of thousands, which happened to be a small handful of the same guys. The authors were so shocked that their conclusion was some kind of human evolutionary pressure needs to occur in order to restore healthy mating patterns to humans otherwise there's going to be serious problems.

>is there anything I'm missing?

Pictures and bio barely matter. They're step 1, and steps 2 through 10 are just as difficult to get past. If someone struggles with pictures/bio they're going to struggle with holding a text conversation, they're going to struggle with setting up dates, they're going to struggle with being appealing in person, they're going to struggle with physical escalation, they're going to struggle with building a relationship, they're going to struggle to win over her friends and family, they're going to struggle to make her fall in love, they're going to struggle to maintain their dominance, and they're going to get utterly destroyed by real rejection.

There's no "big data" for any of this except the pictures/bio stage (and perhaps the messaging stage), but even so it wouldn't really matter. The people who are successful in this area didn't need big data to learn how, they just had the necessary formative experiences when they were younger that set them up for long term success.

kek is this paper from sluthate?

I'm not from usa, I don't know the situation there but makes no sense to me. For example you select the best of a 3k pool. This guy is 500 km away from the woman. Second best is 320 km and it goes like this. In the end of the day the woman may talk with these guys but will end up dating a man from college or work. Literally 100% of people I know date people from the college time then marry or meet a cowork and marry. A few outliners meet people throught common friends.
No matter if the girl is 11/10 I wouldn't invest in traveling to meet her in another state neither risk keeping a distant relationship.

I have the perfect idea for hooking up, but ill only start my e-design education next year, so yeah im not talking about it

I'm busy right now, but I'll try to find it in the next few hours. This is a real phenomenon.

So you people have teleportation in USA? How the a couple survives the logistics of being 500 km apart? How it endangers population? A few guys are impregnating all the women? Do they have 1k wives or just let a bunch of single mothers behind?

Yeah, keep it old way without involving technology.

How about "Tinder Tuneup" available only to male users. Male users pay a flat fee like $10 and someone interviews them and writes their bio, critiques and edits all their photos.

I could actually see Tinder implementing this feature.

this model doesn't seem like it would scale well

why are all you turbovirgins so obsessed with women?
They're boring, and nothing but drains on your capital gains.

If you want to be rich ignore women, you wont get rich paying for two.

biology

money taps into the human instinct for survival.

Do you want to survive or do you want a fuck?

what lind of turbo autist completely ignores the impulse to have sex? Also nice false dichotomy btw

Its seriously not that great. If you can find real companionship with someone you truly care about you'll definitely find some fulfillment...but the difference between a Tinder hooker and just jerking off is all in your ego.

Meaningless sex isn't that great. I derived very little pleasure from it after the fact. It wasn't just a "getting older" things. Just a realization that grew with and more evidence. Since then I've rejected the media/social pressures to became a slave to an ultimately fruitless impulse. Not saying I dont occasionally get all worked up and horny, but I'm surely not going to buy these girls so much as a $5 drink to flatter them. Just not interested.

This is a great thread which is surprising that it's on Veeky Forums.
I cannot agree with the guy who said it's all about looks, people be selling horse shit saying dating or getting laid is not about looks.

It's all about looks women fall for looks more than anything. Good looking people have it easy just admit it and be happy you moronic faggots

You can make all the arguments and excuses you want.
Pairing up and breeding is a proven pathway to being financially poorer.

You think the only impulse or lens to see the world through is sexual? What a shitty set of values you have.

Making money is way better than riding the town bike

You just changed the argument again, pairing up and breeding? I just mentioned sex.

Again you accuse me of being absolutist in my view but I never once claimed or implied that. You are engaging in a very obvious strawman.

Nothing is for free.
In some way somehow sex costs you something.

>"you need to be physically attractive otherwise your personality never helps"?

Personality was a shitty excuse back when women were forced to either pick the next door neighbor or the deep pockets guy.

They don't have to anymore, they can sit and measure with a tape the length of the cock the want to shove up their ass and by instinct the believe another app will find them the cuck the will race the ass hole's kids.

Maybe that's the app you're actually looking to make, call it cuck nest, dating app where the fat and ugly find bitches bumped out the cock carrusel

Best idea ITT

Unfortunately the app already exist, is called eHarmony

god I need to get laid