What's the most enjoyable "performance" car in the $35k segment 2014-2017

What's the most enjoyable "performance" car in the $35k segment 2014-2017.

Doesn't have to be pic related or anything in that class. I'm no boyracer but I do want to be able to press that gas pedal and get moving.

Lightly used m235i

Mazda 3

Good luck finding one that's MT.

3k civic with 32k worth of mods

fuck your year restriction, just IMAGINE 32k worth of mods in a civic

Civic meme is cancer.

>american problems

The dual clutch is pretty great, though I've heard the new MT is the best one bmw has ever put in a car. Not a problem to find in an M2 but that's too high for OP's range.

Not that fast
pajeet car ever
dumb
yea

>2015 Dodge challenger Scat Pack/SRT 392 (6.4L V8) - 485 hp
>2014 Dodge challenger SRT8 (6.4L V8) - 470 hp
>2015-2016 Ford mustang GT (5.0L V8) - 435 hp
>2014 Ford mustang GT (5.0L V8-420 hp
>2016 Chevy camaro SS (6.2L V8) - 455 hp
>2014-2015 Chevy camaro SS (6.2L V8) - 426 hp
>2014-2015 Mercedes C63 AMG (6.2L V8) - 451-487 hp
>2014-2016 Nissan 370z (3.7L V6) - 330-350 hp
>2015 Lexus RC-F (5.0L V8) - 471 hp
>2014-2015 335/435i (3.0 turbo I6) 300-320 hp

Thats all I could think of. Everything above can be had with a 6 speed manual except the RC-F and C63.

ALSO

everything there should be below $40k used except the RC-F...thats still in the low-mid 40s

I mean, honestly? I'd suggest a used 392 Challenger. They have great performance in terms of raw power, but are also surprisingly nimble for their size. They're comfortable cruisers for daily driving as well.

If you're looking for a good all around performance car, I don't think you can beat them.

I know I've enjoyed the hell out of mine for the last five years and have no intention of getting rid of it.

Isn't the new ecoboost mustang faster?

try a Ford GT Fastback 2015, 400hp for $30,000

Than a 392? No. They're also smaller and less practical. Plus, the Ecoboost engine has significantly more problems than the 392 so it's less reliable.

M3

Also the 392 can take a shit ton of power. You can get hellcats level of hp and only pay a fraction of the cost.

370z???

Wat.
Modern day m3s are trash mate. Not even the most diehard bmw fan boys would defend the current m3.

The current m3 isn't 35k either, I think he was suggesting the e92 m3 which can be had easily with low miles for around that price.

>32k worth of mods in a Civic
>still gets BTFO by $2,000 CBR600 Craigslist special

You have to get forged internals and a camshaft, but otherise, yes.

2014 c63 especially if you can find one of those 507 ones W E W

you do realize that "ecoboost" just means that there are turbos on it...
>pressing X to doubt

350 looks better in my opinion, but putting that aside it does perform better

Golf R if you're into no bullshit

Focus RS if you're into having fun

WRX if you're into personal vaporizers

Civic Type-R if you're into another man having sex with your significant other

Or you buy a Challenger and piss off liberals and earn the respect of your fellow Americans.

>earn the respect of my fellow Americans
>by buying the flagship nigger-spic-white trash car

Nigger for that kind of cash you could buy a nice S2000 and either build and turbo the included F22 motor or swap something even more powerful in and turbo that. I guarantee you will be able to outrun just about anything on the road, especially stock "muscle" cars.

V6 Camaro 1LE

The Challenger's largest demographic is white men between 30-55...?

Honda Civic Si or the upcoming 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6spd M/T

>comfy muscle car with plenty of power for street use/cruising/racing
>high strung, stiff riding rice rocket with 30 second turbo delay to catch up/pass muscle car that is already 2 miles ahead
Not everything in a car is about its peak hp, benchracer.

Miata ND club around 30 k, use remaining 5 k for supercharger kit

Chad Car

An MX-5 or a 370z

that's worse than boyracer
that is dragracer
boyracers at least attempt to corner boomers just think being able to slam gas in their automatic benchracing machine makes them a driving god

For 35k and enjoyability being target I'd spend maybe 10k on a car and 25 on modding it to be what you want.

>fun = horsepower
you're not a car enthusiast you're just a little benchracing faglet with 0 experience

Fully loaded WRX or base STI, Type R if you can find it for MSRP, Challenger R/T if you like boats, Camaro SS, Mustang, and a fully loaded GTI
That's all I can think of my dude

>muh tork
>muh floaty suspension
>muh 6,000-7,000 rpm Rev limit

Enjoy getting cucked by your gas consumption and having to slow down near corners.

>30 second turbo delay
Nigger go watch some actual street races, at best the muscle car lurches forward ~20 feet before being passed effortlessly, it's not all about torque. If you keep the F22 that came with the S2000 and put in ~10k in simple mods into it you will cuck pretty much all available stock muscle cars including >muh hellcat

>m235i
>dual clutch

Qeq

Best answer is Golf r if you can find one at a reasonable price. If not, go with the GTI and use the leftover money for a tune and some tires