Wheel General /wg/

Post suggestions, questions, and recommendations for good wheels, be it cheap or expensive.

Can someone fill me in on Vision CROSS wheels? They are $514.40 a set with tires included (I'm a lazy fuck), yay or nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-wheel-coating.html
tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=AR17E22SML&wheelMake=ASA&wheelModel=AR1&wheelFinish=Silver w/Machined Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=540i 6-Speed&autoYear=1998&autoModClar=
youtube.com/watch?v=lLBIaMbQQYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Been seriously thinking of getting Rota Recce in 17x8.

>Tfw your wheels arrived today

I got these BBS SR wheels a while ago and they’re breddy gud.

Lit af, nice Golf too.

The answer is always steelies

Anyone know good dial style wheels that come in 114.3x5 bolt pattern?

These are to shiny for my taste. And the chrome is flaking on the back.
any suggestions.

Plastidip 'em black, trust me, you'll love it.

garbage

>Rota

lol fucking idiot.

>plastidipping chrome wheels
thanks. for a second there i thought maybe i was wrong for stereotyping people who plastidip their wheels as complete morons.

Give me a decent set of wheels that are light for a 3.5k shitbox.

Spray paint them silver, thats what I did for my chrome wheels and they look wayyy better

autostrada monzas

spensive
and i'm looking for something with rounder holes
5 holes are good, though

Anyone thinking of getting new wheels should buy this, my wheels have been clean break dust does not sit. Worth it!
adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-wheel-coating.html

>brake dust

Who else rockin work wheels here

Old-school enkei was the best

What are the best make for lightweight track wheels?

It depends on what size wheels you're looking at

aus?

70s cream brick and colourbond fencing screams perth or darwin

>not just putting in some OEMs
r i c e

Why do stock wheels nowadays look SOO DAMN UGLY??
esp when it comes to sporty cars
Its like the manufactures think that throwing on wheels that look like the belong on an SUV will look GREAT on their sport coup'eh
Best example of this was the 1gen GT86
Goddamn I've never seen such an out of place wheel
Looked like it belonged on a Luxury SUV or something

Yet when you look at stock wheels from old BMW's, old sporty Toyota's, Nissans, hell even Honda's had pretty decent to nice looking stock wheels, (the celica supra wheels, and old BBS in particular)
They all looked great and felt like they belonged on said car

>pic related

>Steelies + hubcaps

No thanks.

What? Can't you get some OEM alloys?

Do not buy reps, keep saving for legitimate brands
If you cant afford to pay you cant afford to play

Just got these jdm sti wheels, stock weren't hideous but due for an upgrade anyways. When these supersports go out I'll get wider ones

Sorry sweetie but if your wheels aren't OEM (regardless of if they're the original design for your car or not) you are a fucking retard and you should stop driving

rota is good
japan racing is fantastic

lots of choices but prepare to dish out at least 1k for a set.
it all depends on sizes too. Big size is not that good

I bet you justify driving auto every day

stick shift since 16 sweetie

Nsw my dude

you're still a retarded fag

my car is a sports car
I'm not going to ruin its ability with shitty oem wheels just to appease one retarded wannabe enthusiast on anonymous image board
Aftermarket wheels was the first mod I made and best bang for buck

lol enjoy having your mirror chrome wheels stolen by niggers all so you can look like a cheap spic

>mirror chrome
oh no wonder you're mad at one of the best performance mods because you're an out of touch fag with no connection to reality

I agree with the opinion that OEM wheels are best but I disagree with your opinion because you are a fucking faggot weaboo assburger
Whats it like being the scum of society

they are not since they are often too heavy and prone to rusting
they do get the sizes right tho

Somebody is butthurt they can't afford to keep their shitbox on the road, let alone mod it.

haha this butthurt poorfag weeb cant afford nice wheels, maybe stop spending all your money on dolls

>defending rice
you're hellbent on this whole 'Filipino connection' thing arent you? Is your dignity and your father's respect worth 0.0013 of a lap time?~

>wheels make you go faster
>its rice
thats not how it works you fuckin drug addict

oh please forgive me thats right you're a 'tuna'
reply when you've grown up sweetie~

Veeky Forums is probably the only board on Veeky Forums where you can get away with blatantly shitposting and avatar fagging without immediately getting banned. bravo, japmoot.

I try my hardest for you user :3 ~

17 inches

Also looking for this

im planning on buying a C220 and some CLK63 rims, it just looks right

tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=AR17E22SML&wheelMake=ASA&wheelModel=AR1&wheelFinish=Silver w/Machined Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=540i 6-Speed&autoYear=1998&autoModClar=

gg those are 17s but wrong link lol

i think those would work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i like them at least

i have 17 inches for you, bby ;-)

C A L I F O R N I A

Nice site, thanks

>tfw tempted with red wheels for my track set

MUST...NOT...

steel wheels are best wheel

>he hasn't heard of tire rack
you're in a for a treat, my man

Tomason TN1

My niglet, I like your style.

I'm looking at some Rays/Volk wheels in the future. I'm probably gonna go for some bronze 17" TE37s for my R33, or something similar that'll fit the bolt spacing. I don't know why, but Japanese cars don't look right unless they have even numbered spokes. I dunno, maybe it's just my flaming autism.

>universal
Absolutely disgusting

Oem

>I dunno, maybe it's just my flaming autism.

nope its well known TE37's look great on almost any car, especially if they are japanese

Anyone got experience with Schmidt wheels? They've got a few nice designs at decent prices and seem to have quite a good motorsports history, mainly in rally.

Yeah as far as quality I'd say they are second only to Volk, they use Radinox lips which are ridiculously tough.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLBIaMbQQYA

had them, sold them first chance I got

overweight pieces of shit.
Well built but overweight pieces of shit.
Got some JR12's to replace them, lost 15kg rotational mass off the car.

>Oem
>light
kek

Who cares about wheel weight? I'm not a racecar driver and you aren't either

>i am legit retarded
kek
And I daily the car I take to time attack 1-3 times a month

Got eem

I've got steelies but my car's OEM is supposed to be aluminium alloys. Is it even worth bothering to change the wheels? I don't do Auto Cross or anything like that.

Getting a nice set of wheels for your shitbox lets you take more pride in it and is a good way to change it visually. So, no, there's not a worthwhile reason.

> 17981279
>So, no, there's not a worthwhile reason.
okay boomer

> 17981279+34
>going this far to deny a (You)
>namecalling

stay mad

lightest 5x120 wheel under 1200ish butts

That's a sweet MR2.

> 0x1125F95
>being so retarded you educate others with your misinformation
at least I don't go around thinking I'm qualified to educate other people

kys benchracing piece of shit

My friend did the same thing as you...

Except it was a E90 328i with M3 rims, it looks sick.

Are you trypophobic?

universal lug patterns make the hub weaker.
also they look like fucking garbage and it's the first thing I see when I look at a nice set of wheels.

>Veeky Forums is probably the only board on Veeky Forums

Nice, I guess I know what I'm saving up for.

how do I prevent this from happening again? What are the best wheel locks on the market?

nigger how are you this assmad over a simple joke kek

Get a garage before you get vehicles

I dont care if they are a bit heavy.

you had one of these too? What was your experience with them? Are they worth the money?

>Doesn't care about wheel weight
>but automatically thinks rota is shit
If wheel weight doesn't mean anything to you, then the quality of impact a Rota can take doesn't mean shit to you either.

So Rota it is, since you don't have a valid reason besides "muh shitposting". fag.

Try and find a Chrysler type wheel lock. They have a sleeve that spins around the outside so they're a lot harder to get past compared to regular wheel locks. Still possible to get past but it will take a thief more time.

Only other thing you can do is store it in a garage and don't park in sketchy areas. I realize that's not possible for everyone but it's all you can do. Maybe check and see if you can insure your wheels?

I mean, I know it's definitely my autism acting up, since any wheels that aren't even-spoked look like shit on Jap cars IMO. Even something like some nice smooth 5 spoke wheels just look wrong on them. Also too many spokes. 10 is the most I'd want to go on a Jap car for some reason and beyond that it's gotta be on a European car.

TE37 don't look great on almost any car.

They look great on ANY car, period.

>Too poor to afford lightweight wheels so you shouldn't get them either.

You are the epitome of faggotry.

You're like those bus riding faggots that complain about people ricing their cars.

its quite a generic look

generic =/= bad

the new cliche oem wheel looks like pure shit though.