Do you brake-check tailgaters?

Do you brake-check tailgaters?

nah people in the southern states dont take too kindly to that shit
i just get over

>risking serious injury for the sake of being a beta
no

Ignore e'm. Maybe see if they can maintain that following distance through corners. They never can.

I'm not 16. It's pointless and more dangerous than it needs to be. Pull over if they want to pass.

This.

>onna commute to work
>fuckers doing 35-40 in a 45 that most people do 55-60 on
>not tailgaiting
>give a little flick of the high beams (during daylight) to tell them to move over and let me through
>they fucking slam their brakes on
>this has happened three times
>all had Wisconsin plates in the middle of Illinois

Why the fuck would I risk my car doing something stupid like that?

You brake check me and I will run your ass off the road even if I have to fuck my shit up to do it. You will die for that shit.

Why are you driving slow enough for someone to tailgate you?

Just move over, faggot.

No brake check, but I'll drive obviously slower

Dude tried this once.
Jokes on him. The road was massive and i had a 4secound gap, just swerved around and passed on the shoulder.

I'd hate to drive in the US so much. Half your drivers sound suicidal as fuck, and the other half sound murderous.

Exactly, if I want to do something risky have fun and I'll speed or drift

Seems a bit excessive considering there's reasons people brake suddenly under normal driving conditions

I don't do it suddenly.

I just slow down to about 10 below the speed limit.
They can get fucked; I'm not gonna get a ticket because they feel like being bitchy.
I go fast when I go fast because I have a reason and them being an asshole isn't one.

No, but I do run them off the road and kill them.

By brake-checking do you mean tapping the brakes lightly so the brake lights come on, or slamming the brakes hard enough for your front to dip and scare them shitless into swerving off the road and nearly crashing?
Yes if its the latter.

No. Depends on how long he/she's been tailgating me and judge if he's doing it on purpose (not changing lane to overtake me). I'll slowdown and wait till he tries to pass and do a 2nd gear pull.

Since 99% of my driving experience is in traffic jams in a city automatic is just way more convenient.

Shit, wrong thread

No and fuck everyone who does. If I'm tailgating, you're driving too slow. Keep up or get off the damn freeway. I don't usually get tailgater, because if somehow you are driving faster than, me, I let you pass. If I do end up with someone close behind, I understand that they want to go fast. It's not rocket science.

I slow down so they can get around me, usually I end up beating them in the long run which is satisfying

>having Minnesota plates in Wisconsin
Iv'e literally had cars form two lane blockades and slow down in front of me.

If I'm going at the speed limit you can go fuck yourself.

>Going the speed limit
Those were set in the 70.
grow a pair grandma. 10 over is fine anywhere.

*70s

Also, when everyone is going 10 over, why do you have do be an autistic little faggot and kill traffic flow?

I keep a pintle hitch on the back of my truck, and its painted bright orange for a reason. If i am going at or above the posted speed and you decide to tailgate me, i wont randomly brake check you, but i will stop short at stop signs and slow down so you can get a good look at my hitch right in front of your radiator. What do you think is going to survive? I can repaint the hitch again.

I live in an area that if i do it and they hit me, i very well may have a gun pointed at me

brake check, fuck that i engine brake tailgaters

No, because I don't drive a POS shitbox and am not dumb enough to risk personal injury for the sake of MAYBE making someone spill their coffee.

>Half your drivers sound suicidal as fuck, and the other half sound murderous.
Nah, you got it wrong. Half are too stupid to understand basic laws and rules and the other half don't even know how to drive.

You will get shot

Back when I drove a $1000 shitbox I did, but now I drive a decent car that I like so no.

a quick flash of the rear fog lights usually works, and doesn't risk an accident - best of both worlds if you ask me

You're not going to get a ticket for moving over, ever.
On the other hand, you can actually get a ticket for slowing down below the speed limit with someone on your ass.

>be you, going through a door
>you have established yourself as a slow walker at this point
>someone is following close behind so they can walk past you without breaking into a sprint and continue at a less painful pace
>start walking extra slow through the door
>"oh sorry you deserve this for walking like an asshole!"

Road ragers literally do not make sense.

That shit happens to me so much in my area.

>two lanes either way
>50 mph zone, but everyone does 55-60
>someone going fucking 40 in the left lane
>flicker highs to signal to them to move over
>they slam the brakes

At that point I just try to squeeze around them. They're usually the same people who post on Nextdoor that "people need to slow down!!!!1!!1!!111!!!!"

I am the tailgater. Fucking hate when you drive 10 under the limit on the left lane, get out of my way.

I usually don't get tailgated because I actually move the fuck out of the passing lane when I'm not overtaking. But if I'm already moving a good clip faster than others to where I need to stay in the passing lane, then I just try to move over when I can. My car is decently powerful, so getting up to speed again is no issue.

I just let off the gas and coast. Fuck em, I'm in no hurry.

You can move right and use the correct lane

Lol no???

I usually speed up but when there is obviously no room for me to speed up due to other cars in front of me i down shift pretty hard.

>You can move right and use the correct lane
Not every tailgater is doing it on multi-lane roads.

here's what i do:
>slow down, put blinker on to turn somewhere, make sure i'm on a road they can't pass on
>come almost to a complete stop
>put blinker off since i'm not actually turning anywhere
>rev the car
>dump the clutch, exhaust making blam sounds
>zoom zoom away from them knowing they can't catch up to me now

Fuck yeah I do. If they're following literally on my bumper, I'll just left foot brake VERY gently just to set off the lights and not to actually slow down. If they're actually tailgating, they will react bigly.

This. But I'll only brake check if I'm already moving with traffic and passing cars in the travel lane. I'll move over if I'm the only one in the passing lane but if I'm behind someone else I'll light up the brake lights.

If that doesn't work then I just slow down next to a car in the travel lane for a few minutes then catch up to the car in front of me. Sooner of later the tailgater gets the message.

Yes. I usually travel either at or just above the speed limits, and in my country they're heavily enforced unlike what I gather they are in Ameriburger. If you're tailgating me, you're going too fast.
I wasn't always like this Veeky Forums. I've got plates which make people think I'm 16-17, and older drivers always think that means they can bully me. Usually old men or middle aged women. I'm 21; I'm not scared of what some idiot thinks, and their car is almost always a lot more valuable than mine.

When I brake check I only do so to come down to the speed limit. If you run into me, than you're going dangerously fast.

What could they do? Ram you off the road and shoot you? You're a stupid cuck

This is indeed the patrician approach.

There is nothing more satisfying than a tailgater that can't keep up through corners and who is too much of a cuck to actually pass you.

What if he is avoiding a sudden obstacle? Do you even have a drivers licence? Roads aren't sterile. There might be some shit left. A badly loaded truck lost some bricks or a dog runs into the road... Stop being such a dick.

Generally when people tailgate me I'll make the distance between myself and the car in front larger and just slow down a bit. I don't trust the driver behind me to be able to react quick enough if something requires immediate breaking, so I go slower to minimize the risk of them hitting me, also I get to see them rage.

no, i touch the pedal enough that the lights come on but nothing happens, if they don't back off i simply engine brake down 10mph or so until they get the point.

if they STILL don't back off i let it slow down as much as possible, with downshifts, wait for them to try and overtake then floor it back up to speed.

actually brake-checking is a very bad idea.

Nope. I just downshift instead.
Not as easy to document in case the fucknut have a dashcam, and if they predicted it, then at least I'm ready to floor it when they attempt to overtake (I only do that depending on how obnoxiously they tailgated me).

Follow the laws and proper road etiquette and no one will tailgate you.

I do follow the laws and I always drive above the limit and if there is still someone who wants to sit on my ass and not overtake me they better be paying attention.

>no one
This statement is simply not true.

>I follow the laws
>Always above the limit

Pick one retard

Drive above the limit but not enough to get a ticket. How is that not following the law?

They can if they want. The fine and chances of it being thrown out makes it not worth it to cops.

They can't. This in not America. Cops can just enforce the law, not give you tickets for what ever they want.

I'm not sure if it's because english isn't my native language, but when you refer to "moving over", do you then mean switch to the slow lane, or actually pull over to the side of the road like a little good cuck?

That's not brake checking then retard, that's just braking.

Nope. I change lanes to the right because that's where slower traffic is supposed to go. Don't be a cunt thinking you own the road to go slow, that's just as cuntish as thinking you own the road to go fast.

>Letting people from Wisconsin behind the controls of a 1 ton rolling piece of metal and plastic.

If you flash your lights at people like that, all that achieves is telling the guy in front you want to "play". And thus begins a spirited game of "keepinfront".
The only exemption from this shittery is having blue lights on your roof.

This. Driving the limit is far more entertaining than you'd ever expect.

Switch to slow lane. If it's a two lane road the faster guy can just pass you on the left if he wants.

I just move over. If there isn't another lane to move over to, I just go slower the closer they get.

Illinois drivers are impulsive aggressive assholes who don't know how to use mirrors or signals.

You've made people late for work you filthy NEET.
Just because you're not in a hurry, doesn't mean others are not.

>Do you brake-check tailgaters?
No, everyone's just trying to get somewhere. I only get tailgated is on motorways anyway.

How is it entertaining in any way to go 25 down a twisty road

Not our problem you're shit at managing your time. Try leave sooner.

Packed schedule. You think as if I sit on my ass at home all day.

If they end up hitting me, whatever. I'm not gonna purposely try to get them to hit me and fuck my day up. I just wanna get where I wanna go.

Nah but I'll go the speed limit and not a bit over if you're acting like an ass

If you're going at the speed limit on the highway you can go fuck yourself in the lane farthest to the right.

Again. It's not our problem that you're biting off more than you can chew.

nah, I'm white and I don't have a microbenis.

>implying that justifies tailgating

What's the point of tailgating? Couldn't you just follow a few meters back?

Nah, I just adjust cruise control down 1mph at a time until get the hint and fuck off. I have an auto-dimming mirror so they can use high beams all they want.

Think of it as trying to communicate to the driver ahead that they're going slower than you approve of. In fact, you disapprove of it so much you're willing to jeopardise each other's safety like a stupid little cunt.

Why does everyone get so emotional when cars are involved?
Veeky Forums may be fairly split but we have more of a bias towards fastfags on here but the two camps seem to be the
>I wanna go fast everyone else get the fuck out of the way no matter whether that's possible or not
Or the
>the lAw iS tHe LaW slowfags who either block the outside lane for fun or out of irrational hatred
There is the third smaller group of hypermilers who just want to do a constant speed but nobody cares about them

But why does this only happen in cars
>morning walk to primary school
>hear someone jogging behind me
>that's dangerous better just keep walking in the middle of the footpath
>"excuse me could I get past pls trying to jog"
>scream "YOU TOO" and come to a complete stop to punish him for trying to get me to move
>he has to awkwardly go round me on the road so he doesn't crash into me
>this behaviour is normal

>bunch of people queued to get coffee
>it's not illegal for me to walk in the space next to the queue
>therefore I'll walk in that space
>oh that's where I need to get coffee
>I'll just push my way into the queue here sorry guys that's where I need to be
>this is normal behaviour

>going up an escalator
>standing next to senpai having a yarn
>some guy in a high viz is walking up the escalator
>he's in a high viz and he's walking on an escalator so he's probably in a hurry
>sign says keep left on escalators
>nah fuck that guy I'm just going to stand here he can wait why does he need to walk anyway
>this is normal behaviour

I could go on but my toast has popped

>There is the third smaller group of hypermilers who just want to do a constant speed but nobody cares about them

Oh. :(

Yeah I said that because I'm in that group too. I feel you bro

>tfw pump and glide

Some people will tail you no matter how fast you're going. They have some innate need to "pass" and demonstrate their manliness. I'll be going 90 in a 70 and some retard will tail me within inches and then go 85 as soon as i let him pass

Any car can get that by resetting the average while moving.

Yeah boi

There's plenty of video's of people getting that while under load. It's a light and aerodynamic car with high gears and the engine is basically idling. Have fun screaming down the highway at 4000rpm.

Somewhat related, you just reminded me of something that majorly pisses me off
>Daily commute is on interstate
>Area where highway grows from 3 lanes to 5 near my home exit
>Arranged such that the other two lanes appear on right from another exit but are consistent enough no one is fighting to get in
>Trucks frequently come up this entrance, in addition to those already in the initial 2 right lanes.
>Without fail, 75% of these trucks manage to find themselves in the second to leftmost lane within 30 seconds of hitting the widening
>Their speed remains consistent through all of this
Only they could turn what should be an open thoroughfare in 4 lanes of sub70, one lane for those that want to at least go the speed limit, and the smattering of cars pulling wangan midnight shit trying to get through the mess

>be me, a few years ago
>live in WI
>some faggot in front of me doing 35 in a 45
>just barely tailgate him, flash the brights a few times
>this fucker SLAMS on the brakes, and so do I
>continue on
>takes the same left turn I need to take
>ohgreat.sys
>he pulls over to the side and I floor it and pass, middle finger raised high
>pulls right up behind me, brights on, inches from my bumper
>this continues for the next 3 miles, middle finger out of the window, until I reach my house
>make my left turn
>look in mirror and see its some 40+ year old furious obese man
>laugh my ass off
pretty sure I won
>

Until you realize ur in moms 4banger and all you achieve is showing everyone who is in your line of site that you have autism. Truly a pioneer of modern times.

Then just go the speed limit and keep to the side where they can pass, or if you're that terrified just pull over

why do people slam on their brakes when someone flashes them with their brights? I did this literally once in my life and the guy almost came to an instant stop in front of me going 80 on the highway. never again

>Second passage

Well man, you see, roads aren't a line. When someone gets in front of you, your service isn't being delayed. Roads are a shared transport system. Shit like zipper merging is just part of the game. The idea is to cram as many people onto the road as possible and still get them through, so you can't have unused space. People have to travel as fast as possible, cut in line, and let other people cut in line for it to work efficiently.

Ideally.

In reality these people accelerate slowly "to save gas" and start braking early "to save muh brake pads" so everything gets backed up. And then you have early mergers and those faggots who pile into one lane because their exit is five miles away and they can't get over otherwise because everyone fucking tailgates "cuz i aint lettin nobody cut in line!"

This, or when I'm overtaking traffic going below the speed limit in the left lanes.

It happened one time actually, on a 3 lane ring road a tailgater wanted me to go faster so I brake checked him lightly, which prompted him to angrily change lanes to try and get in front of me...only for him to get stuck because hey we already were in the fastest moving lane.

Front/rear dashcam.

I sit at 5 under for tailgating, 10 under if they get aggressive, then I write a formal complaint against their registration if they do an edgelord overtake.

>hey, waste more of your finite life
>achieve less in a day, sit in traffic more
>why?
>because I want to sit in traffic more. that's fucking why.

i don't tailgate. i indicate to pass, make hand gestures, and eventually end up passing on the right through traffic because lolliterbiek (it's funny when people get mad and start trying to match my speed when i do this. it's green and says ninja, but it's not a ninja 250 dude. guess i'll have to use fifth gear instead of sixth so you can get the point. seeya!). but still, people like you are selfish scum.

>inb4 why not lane split? bikes can fit.
if every road rager is as retarded and self centered as you, i'm not going to try and match and challenge that retardation. filtering is for slow traffic only.

>Zipper merging
Well yeah that is the ideal however what I'm referring to is

>speed limit 100
>truck doing 80
>asshole overtaking truck at 90
>3 cars behind him want to do 100
>I'm at the back wanting to do 105
>this makes a small queue in the outside lane behind the slowfag
>child minded retard catches up doing 100
>sees the line of cars in the outside lane
>flies up the inside lane instead because lol these guys all doing 90 I'm way faster I'm going to undertake them all
>realises there is now a truck in the way
>slams on his brakes and cuts in front of me
>we clear the truck
>now I'm stuck behind someone doing 100 still wanting to do 105

Aside from that situation I agree with the rest of your post. People are generally too stupid to tell the difference between over taking and queue jumping, one has to do with cars that don't want to go faster, the other has to do with cars that cannot go faster but want to

Undertaking should be banned on all roads above 80km/h

inb4 die die barneyfag etc