Anyone here every own an Acura RSX? Thinking about picking up a cheap base model but I don't know anything about it...

Anyone here every own an Acura RSX? Thinking about picking up a cheap base model but I don't know anything about it. Is it worth getting, assuming it's not beat to shit? I've seen some listed around 2-4k, really don't want to spend more than 3k tho. Also, how big of a difference is there between the base and type s? I CAN drive manual but I'm not really interested in one, mainly because 90% of my driving is in heavy to stop and go traffic. I don't feel like I'd really get too many chances to actually enjoy driving a manual. But anyway it seems like a good choice for me. Anything I should know about the car? Is it worth getting?

I had a base manual for 3 years. It is a great first car.

But it doesn't have real vtec (research the k20a3 motor) and is very slow by modern standards. Still, it's a great sport compact that handles fairly well, takes regular gas, and gets over 30mpg. There's a ton of space in the back if you fold the rear seats - I had a non-intercourse threesome w/ 2 chicks in there in high school.

I noticed that after watching some vids, the truck space looks pretty big for a car that small. As far as the speed, how slow is it? I'm still not sure how much of a factor speed is for me right now, as MPG, reliability, handling and comfort seem far more important. I'd easily take all that over a fast car. Did you mod it at all? I'm not really a mod person myself, but I do want to make the ride as comfy as possible so I'm open to modding if it'll help do that

There was a 1/4-mile drag stip within 5 minutes of my house back then. I ran low-mid 16's stock and with a short-ram intake, DC catless race header, solid motor mounts, and OE type-S exhaust I ran 15.4. Not bad considering the header was the only 'real' mod.

I beat a stock mini cooper S in a street race, but the driver seemed shitty. IDK it was pretty fun to me back then... Then I got an STi lol.

The automatic is one of the worst auto transmissions ever made

The manual (especially the 6) is one of the greatest manual transmissions ever made

There is no point in getting an auto integra unless you are a dumb ricer. A civic would be cheaper and get better economy.

Trunk space is huge for what it is. Lift back + front wheel drive

How does one "mod" to make a car more comfortable?

The correct mod order for a dc5 is:
>jutties
>rear subframe brace
>thicker sway bars
>rear strut tower bar
>quaife lsd
>battery in boot
>custom air box where battery was (FUCK dumb hot air intake pod filters)
>full 3 inch exhaust with extractors
>kpro
>k24 bottom end
>injectors
>JDM dc5 type r shift knob

I swer if you put that shift knob on first (or god forbid the wing) I will be very mad

What's wrong with the auto? It's like I said I'm really not interested in a manual because I'm constantly driving in traffic.
Well I dunno, I'm not really a car person myself. I was thinking mostly suspension work, really solid tires, maybe upgrade the sound system?

Bump

>What's wrong with the auto

What isn't wrong with it
>dirty old 4 speed
>long ratios so shit acceleration yet somehow also worse economy
>mid 2000s Honda autos are notoriously unreliable
>tiptronic mode that doesn't care what you tell it to do
>sounds retarded on WOT like all autos do

If you get the manual (especially the 6 in the k20z1 type s)
>first is really low for gridlock crawling
>clutch is super light and low engine torque at low rpms means it wears slowly
>gives you something to do in traffic
>don't have to hold the brake super hard to make it not drive itself foward
>when traffic does open up you can bang gears
>better fuel economy because less drivetrain loss, and you can low gear engine brake or high gear coast depending on the situation
>throws are super short, super mechanical feeling shift, one of the best gearboxes ever made

I dailied an 06 integra type s with the 6 speed manual for 2 years in super heavy Auckland traffic, and my commute was still the most fun part of my day

>mfw I put the type r wing and shift knob on before any other mods

The RSX is meme taxed and overall worse than the 8th gen Civic SI

You are the reason people hate hondas

Get a dc4 instead

Not a bad first car at all. I got mine in July (Base 5 speed) and it’s a good, fun, daily. It may not be the fastest but it’s plenty of fun

The manuals are good cars, the automatics are trash.

The K20A3 in the base isn't anything special, it's fairly reliable but the K20A2 in the Type-S is a MUCH better engine.

You can fit a surprising amount of shit in the back with the rear seats folded.

The front seats are comfortable and look cool IMO, and overall the interior is decent.

That’s a DC2 moron

Fucking legal weed

The auto sucks the life out of the car

The manual in these cars are cake to use. Light and short. It’s hard to get sick of them. I drove a 6MT TSX in Fairfield county / NYC traffic for 5 years.never regretted it

Not gonna lie, I am leaning towards getting the manual instead. Is there a big difference between the type s and the base? My only thing is right now I'm in college and I do delivery jobs here and there for extra cash, I think they'd be pretty hard to do in a manual

Type S will have more rev-happy engine and 6 gear short ratio box. IMO the Type S is the better car to get if you have the choice, otherwise the base will be fine. Just get the manual model, for two reasons.
1. Honda manuals are some of the best built manuals
2. manuals are better for controlling powerband, especially in a Honda where most torque comes up high.

Delivery in a manual should be a piece of cake, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

I owned an RSX today while it tried to race past me.

Sure you did kiddo

Be careful with your mom's van now

My mom was one of the first RSX owners in the US, so I've always considered this a chick car.

Fucking what? You have no clue whether that is a dc2 or dc4, the only difference isn't viewable with the hood down.