Come on guys where's the rotary circlejerk thread?

come on guys where's the rotary circlejerk thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

rx7.com/techarticles_displacement.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't it more of a trianglejerk between the three rotards who actually have running cars

Question:
How much horsepower does the 20B make N/A?

A problematic engine only ever possible to be made commercially relevant by turbocharging during the late 90's economic boom.

Horrendous reliability, poor fuel consumption and a myriad of systematic lies by mazda and the press pertaining to the ability of the engine.

No, your RX7 does not rev to 8000 RPM. Divide the number your magic tachometer indicates by three, and thats how quickly your rotors are spinning. Oh, and don't forget that theres three sides to each rotor combusting per revolution. Wow, these engines are remarkably powerful for a 1.3L!

They also weigh more than an LS swap in an FD. Add on all the necessary peripheral components like turbochargers and intercoolers and theres your weight from the beer keg rotary engine. Gets worse fuel economy too.

It appears the only people who support rotaries are people who don't own them and watch youtube videos about rob dahms lol xD 3 Rotor, or play them on forza.

If they were remotely good, they would still be in mainstream production today.

lmao sure benchracer

>ad hominem

you could say all the same things about a two stroke you know

@17980073
>They also weigh more than an LS swap in an FD.

Ignore the shitposter
I might get an FC or RX-8 since they're so fucking cheap
I intend to budget in a rebuild or 2, but I'd really like to port it
How much shittier does a bridgeport or streetport make it on the street?
Is it feasible to slap a 13 or 20b in place of the renesis?

Its a fact. Its been documented numerous times across many builds. The iron 13b + peripherals are heavy. Aluminium LS's are lighter. Yes, you can google and find examples of LS powered RX7's which are heavier, and as can I with the inverse, Its a commonly known fact now that in the RX7 community that the LS can easily be lighter than the 13B equivalent. Rotary apologies always forget to omit the loss of weight from the PPF and other rotary unique driveline components such as air pumps, twin cat converters, huge radiators, AST and the like to defend the rotary powered engine by hiding weight, or cleverly hiding the weights of certain components in discussion.

>shitposter
>owns a 2002 13b FD3S

>has to ask how different ports work on the road

Enjoy your shitbox cuck RX8 or FC. No-one gives a fuck about them. The only reason you would get one is because you can't afford the FD. Enjoy self deluding yourself that "I prefer the looks of the RX8/FC", or some other equitable excuse.

>benchrace
>get your behavior factually labled and categorized
>WTF AD HOMINEM!????

pathedic

>FC and rx8 are shit
>my opinion is the only one that matters because I've read a forum post that I agreed with
>pretends he's not a benchracer
okay senpai

>17980184
>my opinion is right and if you don't agree with me you're deluded
~ B E N C H R A C E R ~

Must suck to own the worse version of a car. Is it like owning a 335i rather than an M3? Or a GTST rather than a GTR Skyline?

Do you always have to give apologies to people? Do they look deflated when you tell them you have an RX7, and then in the next breath have to tell them its not an FD but an FC because bullshit reasons? Feelsgoodmane to not know that feel.

PS nice wantanabe reps on that FC, they look really nice for $800 rims :) !

>17980306
>shitposter-kun doesn't understand the difference between base/performance spec'd versions and completely different generations of a car
>he doesn't even understand the difference between a wheel and a rim
baka user, (You)'ll have to try harder than that to earn one of my (You)s.

>"I cant afford an FD"

Streetport is, well, what it sounds like, a port designed to be used on the street as far as I know, it doesn't make it much shittier at all. The bridgeport is where you start encountering things like the rough idle. There are people who daily a bridgeport, but it is not recommended.

>Inb4 6 million shit posts of one guy spamming posters of Mazda winning some races in the 80s and 90s

bridgeport is how you let everyone know you're driving a car with a rotary engine in it

I doubt I'd keep it much at idle, it would be the fun car that can also haul some bitches
Is there any point in building the renesis? Or is a 13b a drop in
I'd like to keep it NA

If you want to keep it NA, probably best to keep the Renesis. The big thing about bridgeporting is the benefit it provides for turbo applications. The "bridge" and the exhaust are opened at the same time, letting the induction air force out any remaining exhaust. This absolutely destroys gas mileage, which is why people don't recommend doing it on a street car.

you can get a decent 250-280 rwhp from a N/A bridgeport since the porting allows you to rev higher. Whether it's worth it really just depends on how cheap the gas is around you. Also you can always slap a turbo on later and make 800rwhp lmfao

You mean trianglejerking

Not a single v8 can stand the power of rotary ok fucking crackers esto es puerto rico so pendejos jajajajaja puerto rico all the way a lo verdad q estos gringos d puta se creen q la luna es de queso y se come con miel jajajajajajaja puertorriqueño y d fajardo fuck v8s jajaja

You understand the shaft in the middle spins at 8 grand right? Thats what drives the trans.

I love how you understand that only one face works per revolution, since you cited rpm/3
But you fail to understand why its a 1.3l engine
Truly incredibly dissonant

bridgeport also makes your fuel evaporate
what, it gets like 5-10 mpg?

What about streetport?
I understand what gives rotaries their sound is overlapping ports, but it also kills empeegees

Also why is bridgeport 2 separate holes? Wouldn't a continuously one be better

>Also why is bridgeport 2 separate holes? Wouldn't a continuously one be better
The bridge is there so the corner seals don't fall out

>If they were remotely good, they would still be in mainstream production today.
Excellent point. Surely that doesn't apply to anything else, and modern cars are objectively superior to old ones in every aspect.

>other rotary unique driveline components such as
>air pumps
There's only one, and its only purpose is to reduce emissions. Many owners delete it.
>twin cat converters
Only in the US, and the vast majority of owners have ditched their pre-cat in favor of a straight downpipe.
>huge radiators
An LS that's going to make any notable amount of power will need this too
>AST
It's a fucking plastic/aluminum tank the size of a soda bottle. How in God's name do you expect to be taken seriously when you're associating weight with a part that accounts for less than 3 pounds (far less with the stock plastic version)?

Did a rotor fuck your waifu user?

i want a rotary so god damn bad
i want an rx7 fc or fd more than anything
there are NO rx7s near me, and if they are theyre fucking parts cars
i hate this god damn state and i want my cute dorito engine that needs me

I'm guessing a rated 240-270hp, but that's optimistic.

PISS SPIN

probably between 200-300hp depending on porting (300 at the high end, race-level porting)

:^)

no the only reason doritos aren't being made is due to emissions regs

spoken like a true rotorican

Gluing your dick to a piston engine misses out on going left to right like gluing your dick to a rotary does. It makes it much harder to circlejerk piston engines that way. Pistonfags just don't know what they're talking about since I've glued mine to both and a rotary is much more satisfying.

The eccentric shaft spins at the indicated number, but certainly not the magic rotors. For some reason people think that the rotors spin that fast.
Its not a 1.3L engine. Its a complete lie and you've gobbled it up. The engine consumed fuel and air like a 3L 6cyl turbo. Seeing as your brain works on easy mode, compare the choices of single turbos for 13bs and RB26/2JZ's and see that they are generally around the same size. There is no true equivalent piston engine capacity for the 13b, people argue its around 2.6/3.6 depending on the level of mental gymnastics you'd like to perform.

If you still feel like being deluded that its a 1.3L because of the volume of both housings on one side of the rotor. Why have there been so many handicaps placed upon rotary engine cars in racing as they are far, far to powerful than the true 1.3L engines. But hey, if you want to play pretend and be amazed at people getting 400hp out of their 1.3L on the regular then hey don't let me ruin that for you.

If the rotary engine was remotely commercially viable it would still be in use today. The fact is they haven't been able to get past some inherent issues of the rotary engine, hence its last iteration in the RX8, which even the 6 port engine was abysmal and required regular checks to be performed on it to keep it alive, which you just don't have to do to your 1993 Honda civic which will go 300k km without an issue. Piston engines are used in far more applications than just cars, but the rotary hardly saw any other implementation than a motorbike, and few aeroplanes where they could get the prop speed low enough, ironically through gearing to the eccentric shaft make it quite practical, albeit unreliable.

>There's only one, and its only purpose is to reduce emissions. Many owners delete it.
Delete it at the expense of failing emissions regulations. I can't speak for where you are from, but in Australia and some parts of the USA it is a requirement to keep it on the car. It’s a necessity due to poor combustion efficiency (even with two spark plugs!) of the rotary engine due to its inherent geometry issues of the path of the rotor.

>Only in the US, and the vast majority of owners have ditched their pre-cat in favor of a straight downpipe.
Not just the US. Should I void your entire argument now and go LOL xD he got something wrong he doesn’t have a clue? The European and Australian markets also have had cars with two cats. My FD only came with a cat in the midpipe with airpump provision.

My stock L98 powered got along fine with a smaller radiator. My 13B powered FD needed a great big Koyo, and the fans running to keep it in check in traffic.

Only an idiot would run the stock AST. I have a knightsports one sitting on my desk, and an RE amemiya in my car. Certainly a lot heavier than the factory one.

A little bit. My current 2002 FD is still rotary powered. The RX7 is a great car, but for some reason clueless people seem to think that it being a great car hinges upon it having a rotary engine which is untrue. It looks timeless and is one of the best handling RWD cars of all time.
Completely false. A lot more is related.

yet nothing comes close to its power to size ratio

(((so long as we cleverly forget the size of turbochargers, intercoolers and huge radiators)))

even NA it has incredible power to size ratio

keep melting down, meltdown man

I own both. The FD and FC are equally fun. Literally no one but benchracers baiting online care.

>beat to shit series 6/7 on cheap jap cr kai wheels
>attempts to speak with authority

there's literally nothing wrong with having an FC

>If the rotary engine was remotely commercially viable it would still be in use today.
Normally yes, but it doesn't count when government regulation is the cause. Try to sell a v8 in Europe, it's the same problem, only performance cars like amgs can pull it off, doesn't make the v8 bad tho. It also isn't good for sales when everybody spreads the meme that they are unreliable, when in reality it's a high maintenance racing engine that isn't meant to be in a low maintenance low mpg grocery getter.

I dunno why he's sperging, but while I can't deny the FD's sexyness my heart belongs with the FC
Because sometimes the ugly girl wins

rx7.com/techarticles_displacement.html

It's always the pompous ones who have it the most wrong

wrong and gay f.am, wrong and gay

When you actually drive an FD or FC let me know.

melt more

>when everybody spreads the meme that they are unreliable,
except its true, their maintenance requirements are significantly higher than regular engines

Especially in this day and age there are tons of regular consumer sporty cars that are as powerful with significantly less disadvantages

Yes that's what I said...that doesn't necessarily make the unreliable tho. They just have a different purpose, they aren't very consumer friendly, that's all. At least that's my opinion.

>that doesn't necessarily make the unreliable tho.
Well that more or less does, that excessive maintenance just means more effort and money goes into keeping problems away such as engine rebuilds, apex seal replacement, fuel mixing so your seals stay lubed, oil burning, etc

LOL. Im not larping buddy. I really wish I could drive your totally rad, beater first iteration of the FD! I bet it drives like a dream!!! Hows the single airbag, crappy sequential turbo system treating you? The cluster cowl crack on you? You going to buy one of those fully sick vented headlight covers to match your adam c intake mod? Did you miss the memo where I told you I own one? Stay mad pal rotaries are rubbish

Thanks for posting that. Literally outlines what I said about them being referred to as a 2.6L engine. They dont consume air or fuel like a 1.3L piston engine. You can argue your feelings all day, but the mathematics doesn't lie.

I like that you use genuine reasoning in your replies. If the rotary was truly a 1.3L it would be an incredibly efficient engine for the power it produces. Mazda had a very hard time with the RX8's. The tried making them more simplistic and efficient with the renesis, but still morons who failed to stay on top of services managed to pop them. They aren't idiot proof enough, and sadly thats a big problem. Not to mention warming them up and cooling them down. To say that a rotary is inherently a racing engine is a bit of a mental stretch.

>rotaries are shit
>thats why i own one, i love the taste of shit
did you mean to embarass yourself?

Great car, rubbish engine.

i unironically do not understand rotaries

what is the point of them, what makes them better, why a spinning dorito instead of a piston, literally what is the difference that makes rotaries A Thing

can burn fuel fast which makes them somewhat powerful for their size

why not go whole hog and use a turbine

why do you own a car with a rotary if you don't like it?

They're popular with enthusiasts because of their high power/weight ratio and small physical size compared to piston engines.

Rotaries aren't so ideal for street cars but have seen success in all sorts of motorsports which has given them a cult following.

>high power/weight ratio
why is this an aspect of them. spoon feed me baby physics please

also why not

Power/weight simply has to do with how condensed and mechanically simple the whole Wankel rotary design is.

Essentially everything is accomplished with two spinning rotors and an eccentric shaft which makes them really light weight.

>what is the point of them
its just a different kind of engine
>what makes them better
one of their primary advantages is being light weight
>why a spinning dorito instead of a piston,
because thats part of the design.
>literally what is the difference that makes rotaries A Thing
The hipster of ICE

It's not just their weight. They take up so little space in the engine bay, and all piston engines except boxers are taller than a rotary.

Delish bait desu~~

>jews fear the samurai engine
>the thread

A race level ported 20B (peripheral port) can make much more than that, however peripheral ports do a huge number on reliability.

>stay mad pal
The only one mad about rotaries is you, everyone else is out driving and enjoying their cars