/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Brick on a Stick 2: Electric Boogaloo Edition

Got hit by the L2 >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

THIS ONE WAS MADE FIRST REEEEEEEEEEEEE

PENIS

PURGE FILTH and this shitass duplicate post nonsense

You still there? I have been here for a while now.

Yo i'm the dude that was farming adept gems in pwmfetc yesterday, if someone (cake and name if you're still here for round 2 i'll be up to it) wants to joint i'll savescum. If i get what i need i'll go to farm isz watchers after.

HEY GUD HUNTER!

sorry for noobing it up, but i did it myself!

thanks for the help, watching you fight explained some stuff to me

heheheh
Cocktower

if you're farming watchers i'll join. pass?

bbgems, give me 5-7 minutes, i didn't really expect someone to answer me at these hours lmao

here
Just one question. Any good early STR weapons, club is alright

/bbg/ is international my dude

There is only one oogabooga club weapon in bloodborne and its in the DLC, which can be accessed pretty early but is intended for level 60-70 characters.
Kirk and steakdiner are great fun though and you get them pretty much at the beginning of the game.

No problem, but if you posted about trying alone before it would be appreciated.

I know that,but most players here are from usa so i dont expect too many eu people here
Ringing

Fucked up a parry and got memelocked sorry, reringing

Every weapon is a good weapon, just take a look at the scaling letters to see if it fits your stats. Don't spoil yourself at leave this general, just play it blind and enjoy the game.

I just had to backstep into a fatty.

can someone help with lower Loran abhorrent beast? pass is beast, glyph (idk if all story chalices have the same glyph) is irhi, will be just outside fog

never mind

oh how rude of me, suppose i got caught up being embarrassed over vidya. thanks for being so chill

your character is beast btw, was fun to watch

Yeah, story glyphs are the same, last thread I asked for help for this boss now I feel silly kek

Literally outplayed by saw dude yet again gg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Memes, you say?

Hey bagel, im feeling a bit lightheaded so ill stop for now
Thanks for staying by

Ok! Get well soon

ahh memes, some say menes...

only some kind of madman would say menes

this seems like an escanor thread

change your trip to mene machine

What happens when servers go down, where are you supposed to get 27% and higher gems?

ded

Is the boon hammer on arc/str?

making your own frcs until you get one with watchers as the l1 boss, then keeping it on the altar whilst remaking it from the glyph from the other altars

already kill

no

Does someone want to do Upper Cathedral Ward? Just a fun run pass bbg

Sure, anything to get me out of story chalices for a bit.

Man, the Burial Blade uses alot of stamina.

meme

For a SKL weapon, yes. Especially the L2.

kek can't believe I missed this

It's pretty good on STR, ARC or both.

A bit better on a 50 Str build but usable on a 25/50 Str/Arc build with Nourishings as long as you keep buffing hits.

Hello friends, I've been laid up for about a week now with a nasty infection but that Call of Cthulhu game trailer made me want to play a proper Lovecraftian game

Does anyone have any co-op going or anything?

Thanks Boss
If you need help, just say so

How important is going from 20 STR to 25 STR on a 25/50 STR/ARC build? How much actual damage does Wheel/HMS gain from that?

If it's negligible I'm thinking about going 20 STR and just getting more VIT on my build.

If I put a Heavy Abyssal on a Bloodletter will the tricked mode scale on STR?

No

idk the exact damage changes but 40/21/20/12/5/50 is optimal.
no, str scaling affects the 3 main physical damage types, not blood damage, its why an offshape HA wont make your gun stronger

I'm about to have another run of this game after a needed souls break. I've used most of the weapons and I want something different. I never got around to sticking out with the firearms because they seemed pointless after a while. Is it worth sticking with the spear rifle for a whole run? Will I be doing decent damage shooting things after upgrading bloodtinge or is it mostly just for staggering opponents?

If bloodtinge is shit I guess I'll just go back to the cain, which is one of my favorite souls weapons ever.

For 5 points HMS gains 41 AR and Wheel gains 58, great gain but since you already have 50 Arc it won't matter too much. As long as you have 40 Vit you should be fine, if it's lower then yeah I'd cut a bit from Str to bring it up to at least 40.

bloodtinge and bowblade gives you the most powerful long range attacks.

Bloodtinge is pretty great, but the limited weapon variety and moveset if you're going Pure may get boring. Rifle Spear is more of a Skill/Quality weapon, the shots will most of the time do shit damage even at 50 Blt. Your options will be Chikage (14 Skl), Bowblade arrows (15 Skl) and Bloodletter (14 Str) with the last two being from the DLC. Military Veteran is optimal for them.

I assume the extra stamina is to use the wheel's full combo? I'm more interested in just having more damage/VIT honestly. You don't often get to use full combos in PvP, although that is an interesting thing to consider.

I have over 40 VIT already. I'm just being greedy and trying to fit in 50. It does seem like a decent gain but how much is that compared to the rest of the damage coming from ARC?

I'm planning to use conversion weapons quite a lot too, so it would be nice in that sense to have less 'wasted' STR when equipping them, though that barely matters. I'm mostly just worried that if I do cut STR, then the damage from HMS/Wheel will take a noticeable dive.

Thanks guys. So nobody really ever stuck with bloodtinge before the DLC? seems like I made the right choice dropping it early on. I always discarded my guns after reposting (sp?) the early troll enemies.

They're called visceral attacks in Bloodborne but riposte is the word you're looking for

do you think ludwig likes memes?

20 END is overkill, I would use 41/15/25/12/5/50 but you can take 5 off STR and put in VIT if you don't mind about untricked or close range HMLB.

Most people complained about Chikage being OP in PvP (some still do) which was the staple Bloodtinge weapon before the DLC hit. That and Evelyn being spammable for good damage at safe distances.

The cut will be a bit noticeable but won't have any affect on beams. Logi Wheel is mostly Arc than Blunt when tricked so it won't matter too much especially during revving. Those 5 points won't be wasted in Str, but it's doable without em.

Does Bloodborne have dragonsis?

no, smeagol

Go back to /dsg/ right now

I likely won't be using HMS outside of shooting beams at stuff, I will probably also keep END at base but we'll see about that.

Yeah, I figure the damage would be noticeable when I'm using untricked HMS/Wheel, but I don't really intend to be doing that very often. Does being in the tricked mode reduce the physical scaling/damage at all? Or does it just add the ARC scaling/damage on top?

I'm mainly tossing up between 50/12/20/12/5/50 and 46/12/25/12/5/50. Leaning towards the latter at the moment, though the first build has nice round stats. I don't care about being 98 but I want to cap as close to 100 as possible without going over for this build.

Once my character is almost done I'll probably savescum and experiment with different stat spreads. I could be massively undervaluing END here so that's something I'll just have to fiddle with later.

why do you have this image saved user

FUCK I FUCKING MISSED THIS REEEEEE

I save a lot of stuff when I'm drunk.

what's the difference between a 20/50 wheel with nourishings, and a 20/20 wheel with (i assume) phys+flat arc?

Scaling for HMS tricked remains the same, the blade gets better Arc modifiers but the blade will still mostly be Phys. Str scaling for tricked Wheel remains the same but the Phys damage itself takes a 30% reduction while gaining multiple Arc buffs (including better Arc scaling). I'd personally do the latter as well, 50 Vit is great and all but not a necessity.

ded gaem

The save editor has been out for almost two months and we have yet to see anything interesting come from it. Who pays 50 fucking dollars for a save editor and is somehow so fucking inept they literally cannot work a hex editor. fuck off

>this town's finished
Kek

ded ma

what were you expecting? they got guidance, a 3600 AR cannon and infinite health, what more is there to do?

Anybody farming Watchers at 5pw? Radials at kkvk against Pthum Elder ? I can host or take turns to host

I didn't know the Phys damage was reduced. That kind of pushes me towards just getting 20 STR since I think the main weapon for this build will be the transformed wheel and various converted weapons. The HMS will just be for fun beam shenanigans so making it work isn't a huge priority.

So that would mean the 50~ AR you gain from the 5 STR for the wheel is worth around 15~ while transformed and in practice that probably equates to very little damage. That doesn't really seem worth it, though I guess the extra damage untransformed could be helpful sometimes.

People are only bothering to give themselves items/gems and max stats/infinite hp, it looks like most of the people who would pay for a save editor are the kind of people who just want to be cheating faggots. Who knew.

It's not like save editing really gives you access to anything really interesting anyway, you can give yourself impossible items or items that don't appear in the game but that's kind of it. I found it interesting seeing how gem information is stored in the save though

They can still die from falls, poison and frenzy.

With the reduction from tricked mode the 5 points end up adding around 40 AR which is still pretty good. Plus the extra Phys damage can be pretty handy with HMS when hitting with the blade+beams.

>leave thread
>come back
>someone made artwork of my gym knee explosion boogaloo
lol holy fuck

oh btw i need to do defiled pooinloo, lower loran and whatever ihyll is so i can get korean gems. Im gonna ring at layer 2, bbg is the pass if anyone wants to spelunk with me.

that cant be changed in a hex editor, they are immune to fall 'damage' but after a certain distance the game sets hp to 0 before you hit the ground, or if you hit a killbox, so regardless of what your hp is you die. frenzy and poison do a set percentage of the players hp in damage, and so regardless of the players hp the total proportional damage will be the same

How do i into Burial Blade?

>i need to do defiled pooinloo, lower loran and whatever ihyll is so i can get korean gems
Yes
>Im gonna ring at layer 2, bbg is the pass if anyone wants to spelunk with me.
Give me a few minutes, don't wait.

Here's the picture for you, though I'm not the artist.

I want to convert my cane to bolt and my axe to fire. What versions of those weapons should I get? And what gems should I farm?

50/25 or 25/50 Str/Skl, latter is better for it. You can settle with just 50 Skl too if you can't fit in the 25 Str. % Phys gems, don't bother with the Arc on it just pretend it doesn't exist. With 50/25 you'll want a Heavy Abyssal to increase Str scaling.

Read the OP

Lost, 2 Cold Abyssals and either 27.2% Fire/Bolt Triangles from Watchers or Fire/Bolt Abyssals from Hotdog/Abhorrent. Glyphs/setups are in the OP.

> +65 Arcane Scaling
> Attack vs Open foes 10%
> HP Gradually Depletes -9

Not even mad anymore

Why is HP depletion even a curse. That shit is over the top and makes any gem that has it completely unusable. Should have just been "Reduces Blood Vial Healing"

Thanks user

Cold Abyssals have halved curses, that should be -4 HP Deplete which a +5 regen gem on a gun can offset.

>anime pic
>lying
seems about right

Do the players who appear to set their HP to '0' still die from rapid poison/frenzy? Their HP bar looks literally empty so I'm not sure how that interacts with those status effects

For bolt and fire you want the Lost variation pretty much always, there's probably a few exceptions here and there though but the differences will be a couple points of damage/AR.

>Radial Cold Abyssal with ATK vs open foes secondary ideally
>Triangle Cold Abyssal with either flat Fire or Bolt damage
>Waning Bolt/Fire Abyssal with flat Fire/Bolt damage

For fire there's also

>Radial Cold Abyssal
>Triangle 27.2% Fire gem
>Waning Cold Abyssal with flat Fire damage

The differences are pretty marginal, like a few points of damage either way. I think the first setup is better for general R1 spam and the second is better for transformed attacks/combos and other high multiplier attacks. Probably varies a bit depending on how much ARC you have. Like the others said check out the OP for more information like glyphs/bosses.

It's okay when it's -4 because you can offset it with a pulsing gem in your gun, but any more than that it is ridiculous. This curse and ATK down shouldn't be in the game

oops lmfao

ringing at lamp again