cepheiisafag.com

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq (embed) (embed)

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db (embed) (embed)

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/NJ2u2P8D
steamcommunity.com/groups/FormulaTrout
strawpoll.me/13207910
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for I like trains

2nd for Friendly fire

back in dangerous waters
>mission: provide recon and support for sf team that needs to rescue some hostages in liberia
>fly the p3 in, scope out the compounds
>send photos to sf team, they move in
>maneuver to provide overwatch
>suddenly a boghammar (swedish-made military patrol boat) bursts out from the coast and barrels toward the sf team
>theyre in a rubber dinghy and all they have is rifles for defense
>i swoop in, arm a maverick, assign target to the enemy patrol boat
>pickle
>the missile flies off the rail
>shack
>"MISSION FAILED"
>the missile decides to track a rubber inflatable dinghy instead of a metal boat and vaporises the sf team
how many years in leavenworth am i getting

>

wew actually makes sense

why hasn't anyone told me earlier that ets2 is fun

the only thing this game lacks is kebab removal

I find it unspeakably relaxing to fly simply modeled civilian airliners in the background of what I'm doing normally, occasionally checking in for nice views.
i.e. take off manually, engage autopilot, hop via some VORs to destination, take back full manual control for landing most of the time (FS autoland tends to be screwy for me, I use ILS runways for reference but usually fly in VFR conditions even at night.)

Full fidelity is a bit more annoying since you have to do a lot more monitoring of systems instead of just watching videos or something while knowing that's going in the background.

Which DCS module?
I'm looking for something for MP fun, and I have BMS for servicing my autism so more interested in the simpler jets (may cross that line for the Harrier but not much else). Is the Tiger II a no brainer or would just getting Flaming Cliffs 3 be the way forward?

Annual reminder that ancient force feedback joysticks are still miles ahead of modern meme tier HOTAS joysticks.

truck of peace mod when?

probably, wish i had force feedback

Give Blue Flag a shot if you haven't recently. The new guy who's managing it has done a good job fixing it. It runs smooth as fuck and never crashes now.

Man I hate that HUD mod that everybody seems to be running now.
It makes the HUD so blurry and the lines soft and 'weak'

it might be alright for the older aircraft but modern aircraft HUDs are extremely bright and sharp.

if you just want mindless multiplayer """fun""" (read: team deathmatch) get FC3 and / or the mirage

Anyone here played Cold Waters? How is it?

It's missing a lot of very basic, if not flat out fundamental things, your opponents are borderline omniscient and Soviet air power is literally everywhere at the same time, but fuck I can't stop playing it.

Hmm, probably check back around holiday sales.

Planes are cool in all shapes and forms

page 10 at 19 replies is cool in all shapes and forms

Six months actually. Then they'll hang you.

surely you dont get executed for manslaughter in the us?

The military is a different beast. During a war, and through gross negligence killing a whole batch of SF soldiers? Nigga, you dead.

I want to give WWII subs another go. All I have is SH3 on steam, and I've only ever played vanilla (a long time ago)

Should I start a new vanilla campaign to get back into the swing of things or start looking at mods right now? What are the essentials?

something wrong, I hold my head...

What HUD mod is that?

Grey Wolves Expansion.

Ded.

Any mods for IL2:BOS/BOM/BOK?

Is there a good tutorial for SABOW? The in-game tutorial is lel and this is more fiddly than I expected.

I just want to drive a tank and shoot dudes. I think I can probably figure that out if the game stops insisting I play a board game first.

Afaik you don't actually need to control anything on the command map.
The game overall is pretty fiddly so if you're looking to just drive around and shoot stuff you probably should look somewhere else.

does pat wilsons campaign generator count as a mod?

Hnnnnnnnnggggg

q1

ops when

A: host some
Or
B: make some

wtf happened to the cold war servers where are they

WHO WOULD WIN?

>The fastest production submarine ever built

OR

>A 25-year-old piece of junk

Just got done playing almost 5 hours of ops.

When will DCS missiles advance beyond the level of Ace Combat?

/Wgg/ poster here. Any interest in merging?

If you guys are up for it, I made a sample OP to discuss:
pastebin.com/NJ2u2P8D

It's 2400 characters, so some cuts will be needed, the most obvious one to me would be moving lines 40-53 to a "handbooks and literature" pastebin.

Holy shit you guys had a quick run. We're not doing too hot ourselves so I'd like to but I doubt must people here would.

I blame eugen for their insistence on making shit experimental games instead of wargame 4. Anyway, for now the interest in a merge is all positive!

>first 3 missiles eat chaff
>4th missile just came off the launcher, doesn't have enough energy to pull G's
>last missile loses LOS with launcher, and goes stupid at the last second, saving your life (you can literally see the moment it goes stupid)
It's not ED's fault you're a casual.

Steel Division is fun.

I find the '68 scenario stupid and unfun. Mk37s are horrible to use and Soviets get torpedos what weren't in active service in 1968.

That's a lot of dead generals.

Why'd they stop making them?

MS decided to consolidate around software. shame because their turn-of-the-century hardware accessories were generally excellent

Yeah they really need to balance and fix some shit. I'd like an option to draw a pattern on map and just let the sub follow it.
Also, playing Soviet boats would be amazing. Some of them like Alfa class offer for a really interesting play.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Where is proximity fusing. It should be dead dead dead and dead instead of these retarded maneuvers saving his life

pay $60 for a prerelease build of proximity fuzing, amerikanski bitc- i mean my dear customer

lock on 1 has better missile modeling

I miss comfy ops

ops will never come back

I'm aware senpai

>Battle Of Midway starts in half a year
fuck

i just hate deck posting.

>Jap cargo ship hit by USN fire

lol

this is the USS John Burke, an ammunition ship, blown up by a kamikaze. Dumbass

mate if you want midway so bad just load up 1946 with DCG and play that for the time being

>Lying on the Internet

>Playing that garbage

>be retarded
>post about it in Veeky Forums

woah buddy.

>IL2 1946 is a sim
>War Thunder isn't a sim

?!?!??!?!

The company who came up with the force feedback tech sued Microsoft for patent infringement and MS had to pay them tens of millions of dollars.

Have you played it?

They didn't come up with it, they're just own a far reaching patent. They're patent trolls.

European based racing league that currently race within Assetto Corsa, looking for drivers who can help fill a few empty seats that are available tomorrow night (Saturday - June 17th, 8PM BST).

We've just had a successful race at Brands Hatch and we're now moving onto the sandy dunes of Zandvoort.

We're currently racing the F3 car (RSR F3 mod) with custom teams/liveries.

30 minute practice session
10 minute qualifying session
100km race distance (one mandatory pit stop required)

200% tyre wear, 150% fuel consumption, simple adjustable setup (everything locked besides front wing, brake bias, tyre pressures and fuel).

We also have a 2 race dropped points system, meaning if you can't attend every race you wont be penalised for it as two of your lowest scoring points will be dropped from your total.

We currently host our races every Saturday @ 8PM BST.

steamcommunity.com/groups/FormulaTrout

are lap 1 turn 1 crashes encouraged

Only if you enjoy being penalised for your stupidity.

ill give it a pass then

Thanks for the shitpost

no problem. you sound like a pro virtual racecar man : what do u think of pcars and the f1 games

F1, as much as I love it, trying to host an F1 league in F1 2016 was a horror show, and will forever leave a bad image in my mind. Pcars was day one buyers remorse and should avoid. Rfactor and Assetto Corsa are where it's at, unless you've got unlimited expenditure then go turbo nerd with iracing.

i got f1 and pcars. im not very good at race driving with other guys on the track and prefer dirt rally, which im not really good at either :(

how do i improve racing other than practice

Practice each track you want to excel at, remember its better to go in slow and get a better exit.

Feather the throttle until you're in a straight line then go full beans.

If 1946 is garbage when why do you want BoM, you sack of shit.

>ace combat looks good
rip /aceg/

goy water and sand buy

wew

>So Trakojvich, you think gun need gimbal limit?
>Njet comrade, pilot will feel when fire too far, is genius.

>

yeah and that's probably some shitty old Russian jet and is also a picture taken from a camera.
I can't speak for Ruskie stuff but I have experience with European aircraft HUD (specifically the Typhoon) and it's nothing like that. It's super bright, crisp and easy to read.

Like I said in my original post, the mod is fine for some of the older aircraft but when I see it on shit like the Mirage or F-15 and it's made by some armchair pilot who is touting it as 'realistic' it's pure cringe.

Do you really think aircraft HUD would be so soft and easily washed out by the sky?

>probably some shitty old Russian jet
So every dcs module then.

except the one in the webm I was replying to was the Mirage and I specifically said how it only mattered with modern aircraft such as the Mirage and F-15.

>modern
No.

Is that wood?

I don't know what you are trying to show with that webm as it's exactly what I'm talking about.

who /narwhalclass/ here?

Fibreglass.

bump

strawpoll maybe?

Good idea.
strawpoll.me/13207910

Why not make it /msg/ - MilSim General.
Yes I know we have civ/non-military simulation here too but they can still post.

You can find out why it isn't milsim general from the games that shouldn't be here. It invites outright cancer.

What's the sexiest plane?

The yak is a slut, I look at the curves of that fuselage and I just want to rake cannon shots across the side of it.