/vn/ - Sleeping Edition

Visual Novel General #1496

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/username/fai/
my.mixtape.moe/kbnaxd.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

y'all niggas ever feel foreknowledge

My cockroach.

fpbp

the thumbnail made it look like there's some blood in her boobs

NTRfags get out

Alice in Wonderland VN with 20 hours common route full of plushies and tea parties when?

I love coco!

what mean by this

>you will never have fun adventures with your Jinyou student council friends and bust weirdos having sex with anime blow up dolls

kill me

i just want news on the next WTC tbqh

>Alice route
>Mad Hatter route
>chesire cat route
>True route

Make it happen Japan

kys

^_^

>anti-R07
Fuck off back to your cartel circlejerk, schizo.

Kei best girl

Use an OCR and then translate it with google or something.

I am a lolicon!

It says to insert the original disk

So your crack is fucked up or you didn't apply one in the first place

>/dies/ again
May as well try and stop using this shithole altogether then.

what happened to the other happiest mitcer poster

Reposting here, because I posted it at the end of last thread. Feel free to ignore this post if you can't help and just appreciate this cute Nazi instead.

For the reason of being a gigantic faggot. I am using the cracked version of Dies Irae, not the steam one. It should be all DLC, but it ends at the end of the common route even though the DLC is included.

It's the Darksiders crack.

If anyone has been through this and can help, thank you. If not, ignore my sorry ass while I bawl my eyes out for this shit stopping at the best part after all these years of gruesome waiting.

BULLY KEI

But what does the true route contain? Shouldnt Alice be true route?

All hail Loliconia !

Are you that one fag that absolutely refused to use steam?

The Queen is the true route. You will break through her batshit crazy being to find the true girl chained inside.

This. Dies irae isn't even good compared to what we had before. JOPs lied, we cried.

FSN Stands right up there with the likes of Steins Gate and MuvLuv for some of the most complex writing and worldbuilding and characters, not to mention having downright most complex, developed and interesting VN protagonist ever written. Dies irae is just no match, and once people get over the honeymoon phase they'll realize the cold hard truth

>you can use save files from pirated version and unlock all routes and extras

But what if you make her cry?

Even better

Coockingtard is EOP

That's sweet. Does it include Alice being beheaded?

>erogedownload.com/downloads/hatsukoi-1-1/
>32 parts
welp, this will take a while

Did you not check the torrent sites?

Libra fucking when

He isn't. I speak to him on irc, he has read stuff like CCC and Sukasuka LNs.

Lolis are for loving.

Jun was pretty great.

What are you guys even talking about?

Just finished Dies. I liked it a lot (better than Fate), but I really don't understand why some people were trying to make it look like it was some sort of grand philosophical work on par with Nietzsche. It might have a semblance of philosophy, but it's very clearly a battle-themed story with fights and silly abilities.

Some especially retarded maltard. The less you know the better

>actually wanting to read that kusoge

No, I'm the fag whose steam can't make purchases due to some stupid ass bug on my account that "is being resolved" for a week now.

I would've bought this shit even if it was 500 bucks. My soul is dying. I looked for a crack because I couldn't wait for this shit to be resolved. Found one, and it turns out to not be working properly.

It's like tossing a bone made of Cesium to a puppy. This is despair.

memes dude

You don't understand it on more than a surface level.

In the end we are truly Dies Irae.

Fai/CookingPriest is a guy from MAL that became infamous on /a/ for his long rants about the UBW anime (pic related was made by him). Someone posted a screenshot of him saying Dies looks like shit compared to FSN in the last thread, and this user copypasta'd it

He also tripfagged for some time: boards.fireden.net/a/search/username/fai/

Looks like you only had a surface level understanding of the story and themes. That's okay though not everyone will truly be able to "get" Dies irae. Maybe you should just read moege instead?

b-b-b-but he was evil

You really didn't get it, did you?

You have been visited by a birb: my.mixtape.moe/kbnaxd.webm

You read the English version didn't you? That's what happens when you take a high-browed VN that has lots of amazing ideas and philosophical commentary but then have it translated by a couple of schmucks who are trying to make it more approachable for the average westerner.

Do I have to watch Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens in the original German to understand Libra on more than a surface level?

This is a joke right? Masada is terrible at coming up with interesting plot and tells most of his stories through painfully predictable and trite devices. He does lousy at character development; his best ones are completely static, and even the ones that are supposed to "develop" in essence remain the same anyway; Ren is saying the exact same thing at the end of the game as he was at the beginning. His romance is pretty bad; everyone is either already in love or fall for each other inexplicably. His characters are also so out there it's almost impossible to connect to them on an emotional level, and so most of his drama falls flat (not like there's that much to begin with).

On the other hand, Kinoko Nasu's ability to create a strong plot around the setting that builds from small details and individual points into powerful climaxes that thematically pay off the events of his story is top tier. Characterization is Nasu's greatest strength and the reason his works are so popular too. FSN is better than Dies irae, no question in my mind about it.

It does develop some pretty interesting ideas, the theme of determinism and how it's compared to a play directly prepared by God with the actors finally breaking out of their setting in the last route/etc...

Simply calling it a battle themed story is kinda unfair considering all the care given to the characters too, they all get far more development than you'd expect at first glance, except for like Spinne.

Comparing it to Fate that is the story of Shirou for Shirou by Shirou it felt a lot more balanced.

>evil
He just valued his friends and decided he would stand by their side no matter what.

>That image
Is he butthurt that the right side is a shorter version of what happens in FSN?

>when you're so insecure about your own taste that you copypaste other people's opinions to try to prove others wrong

the fuck

He'd be butthurt no matter what because even a perfect adaptation would force him to face the fact that fate isn't the masterpiece he believes it is

Ren's "development" was barely on par with the average moege MC. Maybe Shirou from FSN set too high of a standard, but everyone hyped Dies irae up so you can't blame me for having those expectations.

Have you tried making a throw-away steam account, downloading the free common route, and using the crack that an user made the first few days it came out?
If that's what you've already done then I'm just a retard that's spouting nonsense.
I hope you find a solution, it's a really fun read.

Ren is a better MC than Shirou though

If the high standard is "character had character development", I guess.

Or just use erogedownload as last resource. If literally everything else failed there is no reason not to

>responding to pasta and bait
yare yare

I wish DI looked better

>find out about a DIRECT line to SERN
>"Oh I must'n lose heart XD XD

Dropped it here.

It was doing so well too. But Okabe is just retarded and this also makes Daru completely unbelievable now. There's no way he's going to be able to hide his activity through a direct line.

>He isn't.
Try harder. Coockingtard is EOP.

Does it have some ini file that isn't named malie.ini? If so you need to make sure under the DLC section of the file something like
645770 = Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~ Act I: Omnia Vincit Amor (Kasumi & Marie scenario)
645771 = Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~ Act II: Nihil Difficile Amanti (Kei & Rea scenario)
is there.

>everything that criticizes my precious cartelcore VN is bait

Ren's characterization is great.
Dies Irae whole stitch is about these characters having such strong inner world that they influence the outer world so of course Ren doesn't "develop" in the "change"-way as remarkably as Shirou, he was created to be the protagonist of the story by God himself

The final with him literally stepping down from the place of protagonist letting the 2 antagonists fuck each other was a great way to end things though.

And unlike Fate Ren isn't the only character who get "development", yjust take any other character not named Spinne and compare them to any character in FSN not named Shirou
Who will you have left except for maybe Rin?

Inteeresting captcha

I don't think that aspect is really important anyway. The story's just staring to get good so keep going

I can't tell if this is satire or not

I want to stop reading this profile, I really do.
I just can't though, it's just so fucking bad..

>pasta
>"criticism"

please kill me

Sukasuka is getting translated and CCC can be text hooked if you didn't know
I assume he is desperate enough to use a machine translation

Does that thing even work?

I-is that you cro-user?
How ya doin' buddy, it's been awhile hasn't it?

Did this. Didn't work unfortunately, but thank you very much.

I guess I'll go with this, since I haven't tried it yet. Thank you.

Have some more Hexe Reichgunjin.

Except DI's quips about determinism are utter juvenilia and it constantly undermines itself with its (lack of) characterization and shitty narrative devices. This is literally the first real conversation in the story, and it's a Hot Topic-tier "broooo but likeeee what if we were inside a story??? #woke" cringefest.

>Who will you have left
Kirei.

>here's no way he's going to be able to hide his activity through a direct line.
Depends, as how often would you check your internal traffic? And when it is being used (for timeleaps) then it doesn't matter as the person using it gets their mind sent to the past meaning it never happened.

Looks like a screenshot of a moege opening.

i want to _________ rusalka.

Yes this is literally the first conversation in the story

>dies irae had a lack of characterization
What? The characterization in DI is leagues better than anything that Fate did.

Riding in a straight line should be fine, turning however would be much harder sue to lacking the curvature of an actual tyre.

No one quite knows why he's so butthurt about the UBW anime.
But his rants about the episodes were so incredibly contrarian that it's funny

Will check. Thanks.

>ywn hold her tight and tell her you love her

Truly the pinnacle of human taste

i love CC art

A lot of people are butthurt about the UBW anime. It wasn't that good

F/SN seems really hard to adapt. But I hope the HF movies will be good