/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM

↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed)
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs

↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928 (embed)
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U-7nSlD-2wY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When are we getting the new batch of big news?

POST SLUTS

this afternoon, hopefully

*posts ur mom*

>It took MH almost a decade to become closer to its brother series, DD

Really upset about no plans to localize XX for the Switch, but I'm trying not to let it taint my optimism of World too much, though I was pessimistic before.
How are you guys dealing?

[[[[this is what delusional DDfags actually believe]]]

What's a good weapon to use against clickclack in 3U? I feel like this fucker shouldn't be taking 15 minutes every time.

This is the MHworld general. Please stop being offtopic.

DD2 never should I just kms?

Can I buy this somewhere?

is this the new "tfw no MH on vita" shitpost?

>Capcom pretending like they were held back by Nintendo
Please, you guys are lazy as shit. You went out of your way to re-use assets whenever possible and put minimal effort into the games.

Makes even less sense now that the Switch exists. For those who don't know, Capcom actually provided critical feedback during the Switch development, almost co-creating it together with Nintendo to make the perfect Monster Hunter machine.

Because that's what the Switch is. The ideal MH machine. It's a single device with much more power than the 3DS and a way more beautiful screen that caters to both the handheld audience in japan as well as the western type of gamer that prefers playing on the TV with a classic controller. Putting a game on it means you cover all your bases at once, easy as pie.

So really, shitpost all you want and keep mentioning how Capcom wants to become big in the west with MH - we know. But what sense does it make for them to not put MHW (aka MH5) on ANY handheld at all? Do they really think Japan will be okay with it only being on the PS4? Do they think the game will become SO popular in the west that it makes up for losing 90% of your previous MH fanbase?

It's silly, dumb and downright suicidal of Capcom.

Keep dreaming about Valfalk

Royal Ludroth LBG, don't bother trying to blademaster his ass since it's too much of a pain

i can't wait to explore the maps of MHW!
the incredible detail found in the maps is one of my favorite things about MH.
i hope the binoculars still exist...

reposting

some comments from the magazine:
>nips in the comment section are having a console war
lmao

>Guest 40 minutes ago # 162
>It seems that Nintendo believers are diffusing the hoax called the monthly system. Capcom should sue.

># 159 PS4 This user is such a bald, do
not you think it is annoying

>Guest 13 hours ago # 93 Oh no Masaru Sony for Nintendo blogging fighting battle nice
shit down
kek, whatever the fuck that means

>Guest 15 hours ago # 64 There is a fight between monsters
want to observe interesting ecosystem
my man

>Guest 15 hours ago # 22 Original cockroach buying Korean-made monhan

even if this is ironic falseflagging, you put way too much time into this post that nobody cares about

>people are actually mad they won't get to play "Infinite iframes hunter: animu jutsus ichinose edition" on switch in english
>when everyone who gave half a fuck about XX has already played it

I don't understand you niggers sometimes.

>Guest 15 hours ago # 22 Original cockroach buying Korean-made monhan
What did they mean by this?

i actually love everything about valfalk and am upset ill never get to fight it. i hope they bring it to MH:W

>you will never be this mad or autistic
feels good
>90% of your fanbase
it was 100% when they went for nintendo that they """""lost"""""

No need for iframes in MHW don't worry, you can kill the monster by running away from it the entire time now.

Is there a guide that tells me which skills suck dick and which ones don't?

Most of the op content is about 3u and 4u and I'm playing gen. I've got a shitty set with atk l right now

>Zinogre U

I love that armor so much, I think it's time to start a new 3U save.

Roach = Sonyfag iirc

You mean Vita right?

>Switch is the perfect platform for Monster Hunter
>We're not getting any new Monster Hunter games on it for who knows how long

>Literally right as Nintendo releases a home console/handheld hybrid, Monster Hunter goes back to the other consoles

But that's Zinogre Z

>>It seems that Nintendo believers are diffusing the hoax called the monthly system. Capcom should sue.

I don't get it.

As long as Vita didn't get MH for being the perfect handheld console hybrid 6 years ago.

I want to play classic style MH on my TV with two analog sticks and an assload if monsters, not Arkham Souls of the Wild featuring Environmental Damage™.

>it's a GK
Fuck.

I don't like the Vita sticks, and the PS4 to Vita streaming thing was legitimately bad.

I don't disagree. I wish MH had gone on the Vita instead of the 3DS.

Either way, at least both are handhelds. Now MHW won't be on any handheld whatsoever. Fat chance of that going over well in Japan.

>Capcom helped supervise the development of the PSVita
>Immediately backstab Sony afterwards
>Years later, tons of hunting clones show up to patch the wounds

>Later, Capcom helped supervise the development of the Switch
>Immediately backstan Nintendo afterwards
>Nintendo will consider turning Zelda into a hunting clonse along with their other 1st-party titles

How about you wait until we get to see actual gameplay and more information until you bust out the kneejerk reactions? If the main team developed it, and it is MH5 in all but name to them, you can assume they won't alienate their core fanbase by straying from the established formula too much.

Assuming they aren't bumbling retards of course.

>being shocked that some people prefer to play their video games in a language they understand

>thinking worlds won't be animu hunter or feature a billion different red flags of a shitty empty open world
>not wanting to play XX in HD
I would have preferred if they had just put a traditional MH or even XX on ps4, xbone, pc

Would have knocked out most of my problems with this

>critzing Worlds

Gasp, I literally can't believe what I read in this thread sometimes.

Don't you know that Worlds is what Monster Hunter should'Ve been from the start?

Less focus on the stupid and way to hard fighting and more focus on actually hunting, like rummaging through dung, following fireflys, looking at footprints, grapple hooking through the jungle, and using the environment for epic cinematic setpieces.

I'm glad Monster Hunter is evolving and leaving people like you behind.

Started playing Portable 3rd yesterday and just hit 3* quests in village. Any tips and general knowlege I should know about this game? Liking it so far, having two cats makes it pretty easy though.

>assuming they aren't bumbling retards
Too bad that seems to make up the whole staff of Capcom

Dumb nips that have no idea what their audience wants

>shitty open world
late to the party little guy?
>not wanting to play XX in HD
the effects in high def would give my eyes cancer, no thanks

>what is the fucking english patch for XX
I repeat, anybody who gives a fuck about XX has already played it.

Not everyone here is a filthy pirate.

Does worlds still have cart limits? Having someone join you mid-hunt and then triple cart seems fucking infuriating.

I want to believe it could be great but after seeing Bethesda say everything Capcom has been saying and then shit out Skyrim for a wider audience my expectations are lower than the Marianas Trench.

Nope, infinite retries

good question
quests are still intact so maybe you just fail the quest and lose ???

carting in this is probably getting sent back to bumfuck base camp still, probably feels worse

>What is importing

youtube.com/watch?v=U-7nSlD-2wY

Mounting now no longer shows a gauge, you have to go purely by animations to avoid being shaken off.

>Mounting now no longer shows a gauge, you have to go purely by animations to avoid being shaken off.
good

proves that not everything is casualised, so the goal is not to wholeheartedly casualise the licence.

Yes, but I'm not sure if they'll still be called carts.
Some cats hauling your unconscious ass out of the woodwork with some simple cart seems way too cartoony and unrealistic.

>you have to go purely by animations to avoid being shaken off.
About fucking time.

Evidently, that's not true.

The game will be as "unrealistic" and cartoony as ever.

only good new thing so far

It'll be the Halks dropping your unconscious body way back to the previously-saved base camp

>only good thing so far
It isn't stop being anally ravaged, open world with no load times between zones and actually HUNTING the fucking monster and tracking it is good too.

BUFF GUN LANCE YOU FUCKS

>GS can chain a charge into a front flipping super charge
"Realism"

>timer showed up
SO WHAT ITS IT FAGGOT
THERE IS A TIMER OR NOT
first guy I see that mentions the timers while everyone else says timers are gone
just release a fucking gameplay trailer capcom, and one thats show purely combat inside a quest, this is getting too bullshit and convoluted

I like how is dressed in this situation like he is going to meet a President or something.

>yfw its gonna be "we let you move while healing so now heres 900 ways we made it harder to compensate"

>fully voice acted
>we're going to get american voice acting
oh that could be bad

I'll do the same thing I do in recent fire emblem, disable voices altogether.

my idea is, that it could be free exploration like the island on tri, and you can take quest to hunt monster wich has a time limite, but in the same place
this actualy might be good

its not
and its not open world stop with that shit, the maps are exactly like before, there will be a mountain one, a snow one, etc, but with no loading screen between the areas inside of it

why so angry

I'm not. I'm not the one who has been double crossed and still butt hurt over it.

>light sources innate to the character
ARE WE GOING TO GET DARKNESS?

PLEASE

so me same shit with the free hunting mode as always, is the people giving the info never played fucking monhun or something?
why not say there is a free hunting modelike in tri, instead of going TIMERS ARE NO MORE
FUCK

it's kind of his job, though, so of course he'd dress professionally

>GS has flipping charges
>can cancel a sprint into a slide, and then cancel the slide to do a huge jumping rising slash into a downward slam

And you thought Gen was anime

So MHW looks like fucking trash, but I don't care. I was going to upgrade my PC anyway so I might as well pirate it. Rip the Grapple button from my keyboard and refuse to move while healing.

What kind of graphics card/motherboard/processor are we looking at here? High end or what was midrange 5 years ago?

>but it's ok because you can just hit your X TO GRAPPLE button to get back on an infinite times if you fail

sony obliterated

FUD, my friend

You can't grapple back on if you fail, grappling onto a monster is something you can only do if the monster gets trapped. If the monster just knocks you off normally, you can't hookshot back onto it.

>the ones giving the info are the actual ones that never played MH and creating confusion and rage
make sence now

what the fuuuuuuck. my BABYYYYYYYYYY

>is the people giving the info never played fucking monhun or something

That's the crowd they're aiming for. So it's no real surpise that you get shit like "NO TIMER!"

>somersaulting is more anime than becoming a demon and imbuing your sword with your demon powers
lel, at least they're throwing you fags a bone apparently :^)

i think it's not exactly the same than tri, in tri it's either free hunt or a mission, seem like in MHW both are mixed
wich mean you could go with a mission, and stay on the map after killing your prey

>what is region lock

>GS doing any attacks at all other than unsheathing charges
I am fucking appalled

>tfw gonna pirate MHW on my PC so that Capcom sees 0 sales from me and hopefully makes no more world games, instead goes back to real MH

what makes somebody so asshurt they create the worst possible image of something they can muster

and then continue doing so after their previous delusions have been shattered?

please tell me

Is it true that alchemy style charges HA 50% slower than other styles?

I was thinking on using it on hammer as you only loose the noobspin and charge after the golfswing.

And do alchemy style have the same MVs as guild?

>I saw big numbers popping out when hitting the monster and it feels GOOD! XDDD

>stay on the map after killing your prey
*Warning sirens intensifies*

>what is the switch doesn't have region lock

mfw nobody cares about your le ebin fantasy you cooked up and keep reposting over and over

>can turn the numbers off
Wow this fucking place is biased as fuck

>english patch
>switch