I'm moving to canada from ireland, which is a trade up in a lot of ways...

I'm moving to canada from ireland, which is a trade up in a lot of ways. I'm 20 and it's effectively prohibited for me to drive a full size normal car, let alone a fun car. rn I have a nissan micra.

what fun cars are accessible/good bang for buck in in canada? must be RWD and aethetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

trademe.co.nz/Browse/CategoryAttributeSearchResults.aspx?search=1&cid=268&sidebar=1&5=Coupe&14=Subaru&15=&18=0&18=0&24=0&24=2000&54=&searchRegion=100&sidebarSearch_keypresses=0&sidebarSearch_suggested=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nissan Micra driven backwards

But really buy a cheap IROC or Foxbody if you want, or get your hands on a Lexus SC400 if you can, they're pretty cheap here.

If you want to go ultra-utilitarian though, there's Mazda3/6s and Civics. but those are FWD, unless you can get a Mazdaspeed6, which is AWD. Tons of cheap FC RX-7s and some FDs if you're up for rotard action

Mustangs are cheap and you should buy one.

Pontiac 6000 STE

yeah just checked out, people are giving away FC's in ontario. also some cheap 2.5RS 2door scoobies.

i'm in love

Also, DO NOT MOVE TO ONTARIO. DO NOT MOVE TO ONTARIO. DO NOT MOVE TO ONTARIO. Don't go to Quebec either.

uh oh, im already going lmao. whats bad about it compared to the rest?

Most of the A-bodies down here in Burgerland are Oldsmobiles. The 6000 is a lot more common up there if I'm not mistaken.

Worst place to be a car enthusiast.
>stupid high taxes
>acidic road salts that eat cars alive
>inspections makes buying disposable winter beaters impossible
>buying/selling used cars is a pain in the ass (taxes on private sale for some reason, inspection, emission test, a bunch of other bureacratic bullshit)
>boring ass roads full of pot-holes
>french people are here
I miss Alberta. At least there is 94 octane.

Oh, and higher insurance.

apart from the buying/selling part it's all better than where I currently am, so I'll take it. how strict are the inspections there? over here they are arbitrarily strict to intentionally put used cars off the road.

you could also move to the states,specifically one with no inspection, so you can mod the fuck outta your car or not meet emission requirements and it wont matter.

Still better than any completely cucked yuroshithole

actually every european country has different rules, and many are chill as fuck. UK/Ireland are the most cucked though, especially because of insurance.

Poortugal and Spain require the manufacturer's approval for any non-OEM change you make to the car, to the point of larger wheels being illegal
Germany has strict as fuck inspections and regulations on mods (TÜV homologated parts only)
Nordic countries have ridiculous taxes on everything and deadly road salt
Most of them don't even allow engine swaps at all

Emission inspection at time of purchase and every two years, plugs into obd2 and will fail if there's an exhaust leak, faulty 02 sensor or the car has been reset recently.

Safety inspection at time of purchase and usually a condition brought up when selling, excessive rust from salty roads, and having a single dash light on or burnt out bulb is a fail.

Used to work at an auto repair that did certs and e-tests, had to constantly explain that I know their car is fine and typical for this area, but it still wouldn't pass a government inspection

Also, love the bricklin, too bad it was built like a fiberglass lada by lazy canucks.

The UK where you can build literally anything you want as long as you don't cut the chassis and no more questions are asked? And even if you cut the chassis it just needs a test to make sure it still has acceptable suspension geometry? It's almost like you have no idea about modifying cars at all

>Cheap 2door scoobies.
I hate you.

trademe.co.nz/Browse/CategoryAttributeSearchResults.aspx?search=1&cid=268&sidebar=1&5=Coupe&14=Subaru&15=&18=0&18=0&24=0&24=2000&54=&searchRegion=100&sidebarSearch_keypresses=0&sidebarSearch_suggested=0

Oh, and modding is accepted but it's an invitation for police to hassle you.

Ricer crap like super low, clambered, shit can exhausts will get you pulled over pretty quick

Pic not related? Bricklin SV-1 was a porky piece of shit!

I'm living in Ireland too, fucking NCT man.

Lmao you fucked up

Nissan gtr

Worse than the NCT is the motor tax. We pay stupid amounts for anything over 2 litres, and insurance is a nightmare too. People here take shit care if their cars. It's like as if the concept of a full service history is utterly alien. Ireland could possibly be the worst country in Western Europe in which to be a car enthusiast.

Were you posting in /pol/ about this a few weeks ago? You fucked up not moving to Alberta or BC you goddamn queer.

Except that 2000-2014 models look like soapboxes for my shitty hairy ass.

Are you dumb?

There is 94 Octane at like 3/4 of the Petro stations in almost every city larger than 50k people.

Just FYI guys... as of this year... Ontario no longer requires emissions testing when you transfer ownership till the next time it needs it.

So my 1996 V3 STI doesn't need an E-Test till 2019.

Also, if you find a decent mechanic, you can get anything saftied. Just don't be a prick and bring him something with no floors... that's just fucking dumb.

You missed the golden age of cheap muscle, my drunken friend. Most Camaros/Foxbodys/firebirds are boomer trash.
Fieros are a dime a dozen, and I hope they stay that way.

Where in Canada are you moving, anyways?

Meh its easy enough to get a fake safety, and as for the e test; theres still a few places in Ontario that you dont need to get a etest done for when you register your shit.

I guess the upside of this is that old luxury barges can be had very cheap here. They're worth feck all due to the high motor tax.