/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Rusemaster edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
-Possibility of seeing something besides the same 4 minutes on loop @ 5:00 EST: twitch.tv
/capcomunity

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/capcom-bringing-monster-hunter-xx-double-cross-switch-ver-to-the-west
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monster Hunter World is going to be fun!

btw Monster Hunter Stories sold better than XX, which is why Stories is being localized and XX isn't. Let that sink in for a moment before you complain about Worlds ruining the series.

Fun!

Too bad it doesn't look like it will, dear Capcom shill who also spammed the leaks on /v/ for weeks.

>tfw no insect glaive prop on wall

Reminder that X was a failure even by monster hunter standards and is no surprise XX won't be localized.

Gameplay in 1 hour.

>tfw MHW killed MH
The community went to hell thanks to Twitch and Youtube kiddies wtf

It will be casual, westernized flashy shit that will bomb.

No sales in japan cause no handheld.
No sales in the west cause ps4/xboners just don't buy anything but uncharted/fifa/cod/gta

And PC will pirate it or buy it for 10 bucks on g2a

Capcom is finished and will regret their decisions so hard.

I can't wait to use Tonfas!

Are we going to actually see combat, or will it be a gone fishing for 30 minutes episode?

Why the fuck would you post that one instead of the qt

20th

I'm so glad that they went back to having more grounded monster designs. Its going to be so easy to spot the Tri, 4U and Genbabies when they're all crying that the new monsters look "bland" because they don't look like they're straight out of an anime.

World is shit, it seems... Damn.

>damage numbers so Skyrim audience doesn't have to study monster anymore
>cliffs everywhere now
>potions mid-run
>no telegraphing anymore (and apparently not needed anymore), monster animations are random realistic shit now
>focus lies on luring monster into traps and other monsters who cause 500 times your damage

>FLEXING GONE
And you know what it goes hand in hand with? Telegraphing. In old MHs you have to wait for the right moment to take potions, i.e. look out for telegraphing and openings. And, apparently that telegraphing is gone, and so is flexing.

Another shit game that often barely has any telegraphing or shit telegraphing and lets you take potions while walking? Dark Souls.

What and when. CapcomTV?

>cliffs everywhere now

I'm fine with this.

Post yfw MHW has an IMMERSIVE FISHING MINIGAME

Now that it's pretty much confirmed World is made for dudebro tards who die to G. Jaggis in real MH, what do we do?

In MH1 all the monsters were grounded yet could pass the silhouette test. These new ones are just lame and actually generic. Putting little baby wings on a T_Rex's ass and giving it a block nose doesn't really make it all that interesting.

source

So they basicly asked some "clearification" questions from the quest producers of the game and that was it and now they moved to Megaman. K. Nothing new was revealed.

skyrim didn't have damage numbers, if anything you needed a mod for that

Don't play it

I don't think MH stuff was even scheduled for this early in the day anyway. Better luck later maybe.

Guess what? Their money is worth more than yours, because if they like the game their friends will buy it and play it with them.
You on the other hand don't have any friends and will probably buy it discounted on PC months after launch (or pirate it and be a non-sale)

Salt is the absolute worst Twitch meme.
>Can't be excited for World AND want XX localized
XX is important because it shows that Capcom isn't just going to drop handhelds altogether, especially here in the West.

It's litterally a deviljho/great jaggi brute

It's ridiculous. Did Generations really sell that badly?

>making the bet that there will be enough people in the west buying MH Worlds to make up for losing millions of sales in Japan due to it not being on any handheld

Ballsy.

>all the monsters were grounded yet could pass the silhouette test.
What did this senile grandpa meant by this?

Guess what did well in Japan but wasn't on a handheld?
Persona 5.

Yeah, because you are shit at the games anyway and don't get handicapped by cliffs too much. It's like an ugly retard not caring the lights are out.

Shut up, Capcom shill. You can't just ruin my favourite franchise to cater to casuals and don't expect criticism.

>omg, hurr, so epic, le cinematic monster fights monster and does let 8,000 damage

>Like that FFXV VR game

>it shows that Capcom isn't just going to drop handhelds altogether,
They are dropping handhelds altogether in the west, enjoy your Twitch meme garbage game now with Youtube e-celeb collab items.

>Gather 5 goldenfish

What's the silhouette test?

Are you saying you can't tell the difference between a Plesioth and a Kut-Ku?

Wow I didn't know Monster Hunter was Persona.
All this time I thought it was its own franchise with a huge group of Japanese people wanting to play it on a handheld and on the go.

Which one?

Probably not as much as they expected. It went on sale multiple times too.

>yfw they introduce spearfishing in MHW and catching specific fish is now entirely skill-based rather than relying on bait/RNG

>capcom
>the company with 0(ZERO) respect for their fanbase
>localizing the handheld games when there's a westernized console version
LOL

marry left
kill middle
fuck right

>it shows that Capcom isn't just going to drop handhelds altogether

Why do you even care if its on a handheld though? I don't understand you people.

That's the future of gaming old man, idiots take bribes to tell other idiots to buy shit. The actual shit being bought is becoming less and less important.

>neglected palicoes up to that point
>do it without skills to get trade cart

This post is actually legit and no one can deny it.

Played MH for like 10,000 hours since MH1.

World is trash if the trailer is anything to go by. Trailer makes it look like the whole focus of this game is on environments (which people already criticize about 4 and X) and luring the monster into a precast trap (a tree for a pitfall-esque trap, under a rock to shoot the rock and have it crushed, clumps of branches in the water to make it slip).

You can always just jump onto the monster, even when it's in a trap. He did not stand in front of it and try to time his attacks properly to hit the wobbling head, no, he just jumps onto it and mashes buttons. Almost everything in the trailer seemed scripted, like a long corridor the monster is chasing you through.

It's not Monster Hunter. It could be a fun casual game but it shouldn't even be called Monster Hunter. There is no winner here. Quit the console warrior shit.

Also machine guns while being able to move, waypoint tracker, open world with emptiness and long ways instead of shortcuts because shortcuts are not epic.

women age like milk

>"MH was an accident" guy was right all along

Persona 5 and Monster Hunter are entirely different games. This a poor comparison.

>tells someone to not play a game
>a shill for that game

Don't play it

>Why do people that game on handhelds care about handhelds
Read what you wrote and realize how stupid you sound

>skill-based
>MHW

This doesn't add up..

Immediately recognizable just from the silhouette.

If you can recognize a character by only using it's silhouette that usually means you've got a good design.

The one who played Metroid on 3ds

You have chronic autism if you think those Ku-ku reskins are distinctive from each other

link

Don't play it

who is top right beside road runner

Spot on.

Have you been living under a rock?

Morgana from Persona 5

kids these days..

Felix the Cat

Well, I agree with the first half of your post.

I think MH World might be an alright game, but it'll probably be a bad MH game because of its focus on being "visually impressive" and flashy. Sacrificing good combat and gameplay for the sake of cool grapple hooks, premade environmental traps, monsters eating each other and so on.

I mean yeah no doubt the game will draw in more "normal" people who never got into MH before, but how does that help me as a vet who loves proper MH?

This one?

>*Capcom thought about giving the monsters health bars due to a majority of people. Globally, fans requested for a way to see how much damage they were dealing, so Capcom decided to add damage numbers to the this game.
Hahahaha. The casualization begins.

You literally don't have to actually find out what's the monster's weakspot, look for blood splatters, bouncing off, stagger caps etc. You just see fucking MMORPG numbers.

>Lots of vertical combat, more than MH4. Seems all hunters have a grappling hook.
Yeah, because hardcore fans LOVED that verticality about 4 and not only the utterly braindead scrubs.

>The monsters interactions with each other was very cool, they encountered 3 different large monsters during demo.
Love muh cinematics.

>can drink potions mid-run (since monsters don't have telegraphing anymore and animations are wobbly shit now)
>t-there is no casualization

Don't shill it. You are not fooling anyone.

What kind of argument is this?

>o-omg, by now we have accepted the game is shit, why haven't you?

I know kids are never upset more than two minutes but I'm not upset, I'm disappointed and worried.

how is capcom going to make this game sell
i hope it flopping doesnt make capcom give up on the west

>3 threads up
>edition faggotry
>consolewars
/v/ fuck off

This is why men become high school teachers and rail the constant supply of fresh tight pussy.

What Nutshack character is this?

>People now miss this garbage

Would waif

>I agree with a strawmanning copypasta making fun of you retards
fucking lol of course you do

The rigid, "robotic" animations are one of the most important parts of MH, and it's incredible that Capcom doesn't understand this.

The girl from Popeye.

That's kind of silly.

I can't think of anything that might fail the silhouette test.

>the game is good because you need to have your smartphone next to you on Kiranico for each hunt so you can look up data the game doesn't provide

Are classic animations really confirmed gone?

Can anyone please destroy this post with actual, comepelling ARGUMENTS so I don't have to worry anymore?

Please.

how do I become the auntie who works at nintendo

popeye's girl, kiddo

change.org/p/capcom-bringing-monster-hunter-xx-double-cross-switch-ver-to-the-west

Save MH you cucks

I want my portable MH I travel alot, I've only played on mh on portables from MHFU up to XX, I'm going to mad if they drop handhelds.

Are half of AC posts about the we wuz meme?

>the game is bad because I have to think and pay attention to visual cues and consider when to use my potion so I don't get hit again, ugh

>Jet dragon is unnacceptable
>Lightning monkay is fine

>change.org

Worked every time

Keep crying I'm close

Looks like some lanky kid in harem pants, hoody, and backwards cap.

>247/500
Had a hearty laugh. The utter state of XX cucks.
Come back when you have 50,000+ siggies, kiddo.

>strawmanning

How can you people not know what a strawman argument is? It's like the most easy to understand logical fallacy there is...

>lol

Oh, well.

>Tailspin
>Instant Charge
>Fireball
>Bite
>All three copypasted twelve fucking times for the first generation
Wow, how MHcore

>encouraging a sense of community is bad

Have you fought it or do you just meme on its design?

So let's see what we have so far:

>people insist they're removing the timer
>confirmed they're not
>people insist they're removing lobbies
>confirmed there's still lobbies
>people insist they're removing weapons
>confirmed they're not
>people insist it's a spin-off
>confirmed it's not
>people insist the rapid fire bowgun isn't a specific timed ability
>confirmed it is
>people insist the cooking music is gone
>confirmed from people at E3 that it isn't
>people insist attacks are going to be removed from weapons
>confirmed they're not

Why do people keep trying so hard to misinform ?

>monkey is based on mythology and played off as a joke
>the jet is jrpg shit played straight
literal jets