What would be the smoothest/comfiest car handling wise for 3k or less...

What would be the smoothest/comfiest car handling wise for 3k or less? Assuming I replace the wheels/tires and do suspension work. And what components and factors go into handling performance? Any good websites that explain this stuff, or anyone here know their shit? I really don't care about HP I just want the smoothest car possible at this point. Would a civic SI be a good option? If not what? What do I look at spec wise to determine what I want? I know it's a lot of questions but I'm confused as to how to pick a car that'll make me happy

I'm also not sure whether to get a manual or auto. I know with manual you have far more control over the car's behavior but I'm not so sure if I'm sold on the idea of owning one. What would be better for what I want, manual or auto?

e39 530i
e39 525i
good handling, comfy, silky smooth inline 6.

I'd rather not own a BMW I've heard a lot of horror stories about their maintenance requirements

the older ones are cheap to maintain.
if you bring it to dealerships for every little maintenance it will be costly though.

these are shitboxes don't listen to this advice OP

>smoothest car possible for

I'd get a g6 for around that price.

3k gets you a first gen LS which is a literal shitbox

What makes them so good?
At this point I'll get any suggestions
I probably should've mentioned this in the OP but MPG is a big factor for me, which is why I looked at civic ex. I really do not want to deal with another car that gets shit MPG again. If I had the money I'd get a lexus is350, but I'm poor so that's not an option.

g6 base model gets around 29 i think, thats not too bad.

if you want higher mpg a pontiac g5 has a 4cyl that get an extra 5-10mpg.

2013 Hyundai Elantra

>the older ones are cheap to maintain.

lmao no, ignore this person

dude. the junkyards are full of 15-20 year old bmw's, parts are dirt cheap.
simple to work on too.
>what makes them so good
E39 M5 is widely considered as the best saloon ever produced.
the non M models are not as fast/sporty but still have excellent handling and balance while still being solid, comfortable daily drivers.

Fuck off nigger.

Not everybody has time to work on their car 10 hours a week when something inevitably breaks because it's a cheaply made European piece of dogshit. Those cars are designed to fail.

e39 is built rock solid though.
you're obviously clueless, it's the newer gen BMWs that are "built to fail".
E39 drivetrains are literally made for a million miles with basic maintenance.

Two words:

Swaybar

Bushing

So you spend less than $100 in parts, replace them at home it's an easy job and drive.
If the roads are not utter shit where you live they will last at least 100k miles.

actually i just looked it up they cost $9.50 a piece.
remember OP is asking about cars in $3k range not $300.

Just a tip, girl is Cassandra Calogera. Vid of her swallowing 30 loads is pretty good.

Hilarious, bro

And not to be a dick here, but is there any actual way to know what car I should get here? Like what do I look at for ride quality and handling? Weight? Torque? Height? Like what specs?

just drive the cars you are interested in and buy the one you prefer the most

But I feel like there's gonna be too many variables, especially in this price range. I feel that different, even two cars of the same year and model, aren't going to feel the same because of tires, mods, maintenance and upkeep, etc etc.

>e39 530i's
>ever being expensive to maintain
>naturally aspirated straight sixes
>ever having problems
Spotted the clueless busrider

So basically that's why I'm asking this stuff so I can know what has the best potential or at least have some kind of guide to narrow down the search.

if you want a car that is well built, handles well, has a good engine and good ergonomics an e39 with a 6 cyl engine is probably the best choice in the price range.
I have extensive experience with cheaper end German cars and that's what i'd actually recommend.

I'm seconding this, I had an e39 and it was bulletproof, never had an issue and it was a joy to drive. Now I have an e60, again it is bulletproof but parts cost a little more than the e39. OP should definitely look into an e39 525/530, bmw I6's last literally forever.

>never had an issue, but somehow had to buy parts fairly often

Something isn't right here..

i want to put my face between her boobs

I had an e39 530i before

Worst car I've ever owned, it left me stranded 3 times. was horrible on gas too

>Smooth and comfy car for cheap

Buick Park Avenue

No, seriously. Not kidding. The 3.8 is bulletproof, too.

Boat cars like or crown vic / grand marquis w/ high mileage

boat as in heavy?

The only part I had to buy was a water pump, but it should be common sense that the newer cars have more expensive parts

Bought mine at 60k miles from an old white couple, I guess mine was fine because they weren't niggers who beat the shit out of it

Something big, heavy, and American.
Look at old Cadillacs, Lincoln Town Cars and Continentals, etc.
Trust me OP.

Mercedes 190e. Comfy Mercedes interior, buttery Mercedes suspension, comes in manual, gets decent mpg, but gutless as all hell. If all you care about is handling, mpgs and comfy interior, I'd say that's the way to go.
>mfw op's tactic of posting titties to bring in replies actually worked

I want to smoothly & comfortably ride my sway bar along her sternum

Yeah. I have a Grand Marquis that's top tier comfy.
>Fucking huuuuge
>Bench seat up front that can fit 3 if you want.
>Super smooth suspension, haul ass on shitty roads with no issue
>Enough trunk space for 3 dead adult human bodies
>loose as fuck steering

Great car. Def love it.

Cassandra Calogera is fatter. That not her.

3k civic

stop lying on the internet.
530i gets around 30-34 mpg on average, that's good gas mileage.
you've never owned a bmw have you?