Ever owned a rare car?

Ever owned a rare car?

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d227&radius=100&zip=27606&transmission=M&trimNames=NONE_NONE&trimLevelNames=NONE_NONE&colors=NONE_NONE&utm_term=2017-10-05&utm_campaign=2-1_BUTTONED_UP_NEW_WC_control&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dealfinderSubscription&utm_content=bodyPriceChangesViewDetailsCTA#listing=185033145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I owned a non-trashed neon str4 for about 5 years.

A 97 GTP

I'd be too worried that one texting cunt in her suv would tbone it, quickly ending the dream.

that's a rare car? there are like 30 used sonatas here for sale starting from 1200 euro monies.

Platinum Edition
Just try to look for one, I have found maybe 3 for sale and I really looked

>highest trim on economyman car is rare
Op...... It's nit like it gives you 200 hp

5 mt zr2

yeah, the grand national isnt rare either, its just a regal

A stock Prelude

Ford ZX2 S/R
2000 made, only 500 of them were black

manual 1989 volvo 740 gl tation wagon. it had a manual sunroof and heated seats

Very nice

Volvo C30 R-Design 2013
1969 240z

1 of 2402

I had a ST165 for a while

The rarest car I've had was an 89 BMW 325iX. That thing was a monster in snow and mud.

Have a Toyota Chaser JZX in the United States

Bought it a little over 3 years ago and at the time I owned it there were maybe 4-5 in the entire US. Now theres probably closer to 20. The car isn't rare globally but up until recently I had never even seen another one in the states.

Also had this 97 R33 GTST which was the same deal as the chaser.

How did you manage to bring it in? Same way the 34 snuck in?

Canada, drive it over in a trailer and then title it in Florida using the BC title. Has the same number of digits in the assigned vin as the US so it's pretty easy that way.

R33 I bought from some dude in Miami

so anyone can import an "illegal" import by doing what you say? i'm guessing it's not street legal and only for track use?

Yes, I own a completely stock Civic Si.

It's not really "rare" but it's not common at all here. I've only seen two others in the past few years

94 Acura Legend Coupe LS 6 Speed

03 Acura CL Type S 6 Speed with Navi (1 of 820)

Mitsubishi Evo 1 GSR... one of onky a handful in Canada as far as I know. Only 2000 built not sure how man were the GSR

It's also a piece of shit.

pic pls i love these things

true

I currently do. Only 2200 PTGTs were sold with a 5-speed in 2002, and mine is fully loaded and has a bunch of OEM stuff like roof rack, winter wheels+tires, And Subwoofer that were installed at the dealer. According to records I could find, it’s one of only 4 that were sold with every single option that they had available and the only one that was ordered with all the accessories.

2003***

Well i have a common car but my car has an option that only less than 3k of them got it in the whole usa

>an especially shitty version of a shitty korean car
Yeah, you really are a collector!

Manual VZ Commodore

From what I can tell, there aren't many manual commonwhores in general.

do classics count?
mine's getting increasingly rare but so are the mechanics that know where to put their hands on it

Currently at work but I'll dig it out of the snow drift lol get you some decent pics

WTF A STOCK CIVIC?????

If he's Canadian then they'll let him bring it over and register it as a personal vehicle, he just can't sell it for something like 5 years.

Also, Canada has a 15 year import exception compared to the 25 of the US.

>become dual citizenship
>import 15 year old Nippon steel
>bring to USA
>???
>profit

I've had a zx2 and a t-bird

yeah

Yeah, but no one really cares about options.

SW20 Rev 5 with a 3SGE BEAMS engine. About 1000 made apparently and they were all JDM.

No one really cares about pt cruisers either

I wonder if there's anyone on Veeky Forums who's ever owned one.
they were pretty rare, 211 were made

E21 323is
>In America

I own a 2000 Saturn LS1. In 01, the naming scheme was change to Lx00. The entire series sold around 430k over 5 years.

used to do parts delivery in one of these, worked at a ford garage obvs. most of the floor pan, boot floor and outside had rusted through but they're nice to drive. colour fads like fuck tho

Somewhat rare I guess. 2011 RX-8 R3.

Golf Country, bought it off the farmer i worked for since he was getting a pickuck truck
this was back in 92, sold it in 03, its probably scrap by now
or its gathering dust in a garage because some fuck thinks its gonna be worth a million one day despite having 300K's on it when i sold it

i miss it

Guess its getting there

A Ford Ranger is far from rare, but is is an FX4 Level 2, and there were less than 18,000 made.

>2013 C30 R-Design
Is it really? I found 10 for sale in my shitty 3rd world country

Used to have an early 80's Cordoba. That thing was a huge pile of shit.

I have a W204 C300 with a 6MT. That's pretty rare, as far as North America goes.

Yes. 2010 executives are super rare.

Sexy

Early turd gen with a 4 barrel, 4 speed manual, rear discs, posi, and no t-tops. Almost all of them were misfire injection, auto, iron rear drums, open rear, and t-tops, and then there were a lot of iron doodoos and v6s too.

according to Polestar there were 18 white s60/v60 polestars in total brought to the US in 2016

Split window Corvette.

they built over a million of these fucking pieces of shit

>but muh options
>muh rare stripes

If they made over 10,000 of the fucking things a month in the factory, it isn't fucking rare

wow

so fucking hard to understand

Yes I own the only ditchbaru in tbe world

I like how my car makes people mad just because it exists. Grow up

The car didn't make him mad. Your delusion that it was somehow rare did.

Does a nigger live across the street from you?

Go ahead and show me all the immaculate ones with all the good options then.

Oh wait, you can't. Because they don't exist, other than mine.

>2017
>Being racist
But yeah lol
He's a fat fuck too
And he parks like shit
And he puts his cans right there in that parking spot so no one can park there
But I just move em cuz I don't play that passive aggressive shit
And jokes on him because the ditchbaru has been parked there for almost two weeks now
He also plays loud rap music, always has people over with their big trucks and motorcycles
I'm pretty sure he's a drug dealer
Also he sometimes has loud fights with his white girlfriend in his driveway

Is one of 2400 considered to be rare?
then I guess.

By not attempting to refute my point that if your car was actually mass-produced, it is not rare and thus you have confirmed your car is identical to the other 1.2 million or however fucking many they actually made.

Get fucked.

Get fucked, redneck

mum has owned a mark 7 and two mark 8s

wish she didnt pawn the mark 7, wanted it myself

>a diesel fiat punto

yep
>Years produced:
>2004-2006

>dat shitty modern car design

Not massively rare as a total (over 8000 built worldwide) but only 250 of this silver model in the UK. Sadly long gone - according to DVLA this one was last registered in 1998.

>muh '97 model shitbox was only produced in 1997
>some guy bought a car in some trim and color and some other guys selected other trims and colors of their choice
Snowflakes, fucking snowflakes everywhere
I win because there is no other car with the same VIN number as mine

I drive a 1985 Celica. I've been told that back in the day you would find them everywhere. Well, that's not even close to true today. So I own a rare car in the sense that they are very uncommon to see on the road.

I own a completely stock low miles integra gsr

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS

At least it was rare at the time I owned it.

Car itself - not rare at all
Car with the engine it had - quite rare.
The 2.4 V6 only came to be in the 1998 and 1999 version, and they didn't sell all that well

I'm interested. Do go on

Damn, that interior was way ahead of its time

2000 Honda Prelude BB6 with H22A8 Engine

Only ~ 80 in whole Germany

friend had his destroyed in recent weather events. i feel really bad for him

no, but I want to get a mitsubishi AMG galant. it's one of the rarest cars I know of.
never seen one in real life. never seen one sold in auction.

How often do you see a Focus coupe?

I used to have a 1967 Corvair Corsa, the Turbo model. Only about 3000 made I think. It was way too rusted to keep tho...

Kinda wish I had a rare car, but I don`t want to get raped for spare parts that might not even exist anymore. Also I live in a place with winters and road salt, this would essentially be a slow death for the car.

I thought you had a blue Benz.

>Ford ZX2 S/R
I drive a real clean mk4 fourdoor with a 1.6cvh AND a spoiler at the back, love it.

Its a chrysler 300, not sure how rare that model is or why...

92 dodge spirt rt. that engine had some fucking balls. Dodge gets no respect for the turbo work in the 90's early 90s. Well the SRT4 neon is a known street eater.

Was it like you, a mistake?

I've got a 07 RX-8. You would think by searching thru rx8club that the R3's were more popular, but I've never seen one irl.

They aren't rare. This just came through my email notification.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d227&radius=100&zip=27606&transmission=M&trimNames=NONE_NONE&trimLevelNames=NONE_NONE&colors=NONE_NONE&utm_term=2017-10-05&utm_campaign=2-1_BUTTONED_UP_NEW_WC_control&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dealfinderSubscription&utm_content=bodyPriceChangesViewDetailsCTA#listing=185033145

I owned and Isuzu Impulse at one point. Car was the shit.

And then the engine took a shit. lmfao

1st gen or 2nd?

hardly ever see others

92 RS

Cherry red too.

Nope...

03 Base 350z in factory Brickyard (AX8) paint, apparently there's only 92 for that trim/color/year combo

That thing actually looks pretty cool! Can you post interior pics?

Only about 387 surviving hardtop examples according to the 300 Club International Registry, so yah, fairly rare.