/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got run down after trying to flee from the arena
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 Patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/weapons
strawpoll.me/13200948
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A shitload of things were changed. Lots of things are easier to access now if you know what you're doing, and several of the areas are more balanced challenge-wise.

poise

Instead of Shit it's Shit with a bit sprinkles now.

Blocks your path*

Yeah I like the new enemy layouts FAR more. It's been a little while since my vanilla ds2 play, just wondering if there's any key stuff of note. Iran jarring to think you know where a ring or something is and then it's a human effigy

Why is everyone but the Unkindled so fucking big?

What is the best build for a Partizan user? SL 120

40/40 str/dex and Refined infusion?

The Ashen One never learned.

Do I betray Argo and my Spearboys to kill Shira y/n

40/40 Refined 2H: 435 AR
18/80 Sharp 2H: 445 AR

It's one of the few spears that isn't noticeably that much better Sharp so go whichever fits your build more.

>Hawkwood is as tall as you
>All other watchers are 9ft tall

412 AR at 40/40 refined one hand, 428 at 66/12 heavy 2hand, 440 at 14/80.

For future reference; mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/weapons

hawkwood is a shield wielding manlet though

>Am I a retarded faggot when I get a guilty conscience for changing a bit of the code?
The answer is Yes

Ashen ones are undeadlets. Even bitchbasic hollows are taller

>The Gutter

why

Thread Question: What secondary or offhand weapon do you like/use most?

a shield doesnt count

neither does two shields

Gameplay purposes, that's it. Miyazaki even stated that back in Darksouls 1 on why Artorias was a roided out tall dude

Sorry to bother guys, but I've been out of the loop for a long time (before the first DLC was even released.)

Is it still stupid to invest into Vitality?

>changing a bit of the code?
I get you for having a guilty conscience, but what do you mean with that

New patch gave me an excuse to update the list and rearrange categories I wanted to change for a while. Also added the shield categories I wanted to do finally since shields are a big deal currently, would like to see how they anons feel about how the sections look with the rest of the list.

He's just a no fun guy that's all. Besides why betray the church? They're perfect to stay in after to playthroughs.

At what sl do you stop getting summons for bossses like alrich, dancer, dragon slayer armor, gundry?
Right now I am 76 and still get instant summons allot for gundry and dragon slayer but the others are dying down.

Shit list + stolen from reddit

I wish 3 had dedicated offhand weapons. Not 100% ambidextrous like the DaS2 PC but a couple of weapons with a complete moveset would have gone a long way.

>stolen from reddit

And yet people will fall for this.....

I like offhand rapier. Not the best parry, but better than a light CS, med shield, or FGS parry. The offhand attack is good too.
LKLS and Onikaka and Ubiduki are a good combo too, both being DEX weapons with a similar STR requirement that cover each other's weaknesses. The poise from the LKLS helps Onislayer poise through UGS. Instead of using both at the same time switch between 2Hing each one with the other in the other slot for the extra poise.

Got invited to the "Git gud casul" group by some pole with 30 hours docked.

Artistic license and because for gameplay reasons you need enemies to:
- Be easy to see and read the animations of, even with 2-3 glowing people standing on them.
- Have long enough reach that their attacks can be slow without also being a joke that you just step away from.
- Be Intimidating and impressive.
- Have it make sense visually when they chunk 80% of your life on a hit.
- Have it make sense visually when they don't get staggered by every hit of your UGS.

I know and it's been pretty fun killing sleep disturbers but I want to get Gael, and Shira mainly
I think I'll keep myself until I'm done with Friede
Why is the Longsword so good? The heavy one is doing great in my 66 str character

The players with the least hours played are usually the ones who keep evading bans for CE.

What changed?

Longsword is simple yet sweet, it's great on 99% of builds and is barely a loss to use if you don't want to invest the Dex for the Lothric Knight Sword.

I like to use the dark sword in my off hand since it's lt move is nice and quick which does good to balance out the ultra great sword/ great axe I have in my left. It's 2 handed move sets are nice too.

I love two-handing so it's pretty much always a simple caestus. The only time I break that pattern is when I'm pairing a straight sword with a shield (that I hardly ever use anyway) or I'm pairing a straight sword with a catalyst of some kind.

Although I've tried out Yhorm offhand and FUGS offhand recently, and they're not bad.

Rearranged some weapon categories like UGS since I've been too hard on FUGS up until now and added the shields, nothing of importance changed in the actual patch itself I've seen after testing. The only real changes are Bloodlust actually has its AR buff on the WA back when using it in the right hand slot and Friede's Great Scythe pierces shields on basic R1s now, two changes that don't practically mean much.

So, are skeletons in the Dark Souls universe the remains of humans that died before Gwyn linked The Fire/ in between subsequent linkings before the curse re-manifested itself?

Manikin claws for parries
Canvas talisman to knock scrubs of cliffs

How best to paladin in das3?

No yorlin.

yeah either that or people burned to bones by dragons

>Sacred Bloom Shield in Low Tier
what the fuck is this shit tier list
DO IT OVER

I feel like right now it's Blessed LKUGS with 60 Faith. Make sure to use all your spell slots for lightning and shit, and maybe stack on some other regen if you can.

Although the most effective 60 faith build is Dark Blade/Lightning Arrow Crucifix, it doesn't quite have that paladin flavor.

strawpoll.me/13200948

strawpoll.me/13200948

strawpoll.me/13200948

>Iron Tarkus cosplayer phantom
>points down after ganking
can someone be a bigger faggot than that

Hey, you have the Lothric Knight Greatshield as the pic for the Black Iron Greatshield. That, and the Lothric Greatshield isn't in the list on its own.
Not that they're that mechanically different or anything, but still

If they called themselves Iron Tarkus and didn't use his gear, yes they could be a bigger faggot. It's always possible to be a bigger faggot.

I did this exactly about 30 minutes ago as an aldritch. The host was a faggot ganker that I kept invading and his buttbuddy was dead or missing or something. 2v1d him and pointed down hard.

You Niggers meme with Dark Sword + Greatshield combo, but most peoe get destroyed by it.
Add Fallen Knight Set mixed with Watcher Leggings and, attacking when they buff or bow and healing will secure you a maximum of salt

Oh thanks for pointing that out, for some reason the Lothric Knight Greatshield was labeled as the Black Iron GS in my icons folder and I didn't think twice about it. Those two are basically variants of each other like you said though so I just forgot to overlap them, here's a quick fix.

now that's something I learn again everyday
Well you were damn right there. I was the invader though
change ur sword user

>change ur sword user
I THINK NOT

The greatsword looks nothing like the greatsword from DaS1 anyway.

fresh from the presses

>mfw i realize that Black Iron Tarkus is a JoJo reference of Tarkus and Black Knight Bruford

o shit. That looks great.
Its just bigger so it can be a Greatsword (Ultra)

>Iron Tarkus is a reference to a manga character that's a reference to a shitty prog album from the 70s

It's actually exactly, the same, just not chipped and with different proportions

Why do people say the hornet ring is OP? I feel like im missing something, can you crit without riposteing or backstabbing? If not then who cares? That means a majority of the time the ring is providing no benefit. I personally rarely am successfully parried and even more rarely backstabbed.

Plus everytime youd face off against a mage or someone using a weapon with an unparryable attack half of its functionality is useless. The times I do get parried or backstabbed im already like "oh fuck im screwed" and an extra 100 damage probably isnt gonna change that. I doubt id even be able to tell if someone had the ring on.

Executioner's GS looks much more similar if you were actually trying to be accurate.

No tip and no stabs

Just started DS3 as a pyromancer. What can I expect?

I typically go for STR and SKL//DEX builds but after using LHB in Bloodborne I realized I actually kind of like Strength, and have always wanted to try out magic.

Easiest way to play through the game as a caster. Get Great Chaos Fireball and Vestiges early and nuke the rest of the game to death. You can also get the Onyx Blade from Vilhelm really early if you run through Ariandel.

Where my spearbros at

I'd always rather use something with Stance desu. No idea how Dark Sword people can stand not having that.

you can expect an easy game. later on bosses will be less about trying to strategically attack and more about equipping every ring that buffs your spells and rushing chaos fireballs.

I found that spending longer than 5 minutes on a fight pretty much meant I was going to lose. After playing a pyro for two NGs I would get impatient at that point and try to sneak in fireballs where I couldnt. It also made trying to kill bosses with a weapon near unplayable because chaos fireball would do a quarter of their health bar while a weapon would do about 1/20th which felt way too slow.

Doeant the DaS3 GS have no stabs either though? Cathedral GS has a stabbing r2.

I thought he's a berserk reference just like everything else in the game.

Well shit. I didn't think it'd be easy, but I'll take it. Where should I be dumping my levels into? I imaging VIT/END/FTH/STR/ATN isn't the way to go

How do I belfry tower? I'm just getting stomped. Is this supposed to be more of a twink-out-and-come-back-later deal? I just wanted my covenant rewards

Holy fuck why is SOTFS so fucking easy? I can't remember the last time I died to anything other than a shitty mob in this game.

DS1 and DS3 actually made me struggle and learn new tactics, but I'm playing DS2 with no fucking skill at all and nothing can kill me.

Thou has becomst a spear of the princess!, please carry on thy knightly duty and blessing of gwyn upon thee.

Get Vig up to 27 at least for PvE and Endurance to 20-30 since spells cost a lot of stamina. Your main focus right away is getting your INT+FAI up to 40/40 each for pyro scaling. ATT should go 18-30 depending on how many pyros you want to have on you at once. Stop STR and DEX depending on whichever weapon you want to use, 14 STR for Onyx Blade and 15 for Pyromancer's Parting Flame, for DEX stop at 16 if you want Demon's Scar and 17-18 depending on what best infusable weapons you want.

While I don't think it's OP, I do think that parry fishing is one of the most boring and irritating things to fight against.
The thing encourages people to spam parries all day in the hopes of shaving off 75% to 100% of your health if they manage to land one, and it's the most obnoxious, boring shit in the world outside of the worst of the passive/reactive fights where no one's willing to do anything but circle around each other for minutes on end.
Maybe it's not OP, but it's definitely hated and I think it's for a good reason.

>tfw had no idea this NPC existed until I came here

Now I don't have the motivation to replay the entire game just to complete her questline.

Because anyone who parries can quickly hard-swap a ring out for Hornet and get the benefit of it for the few seconds that you actually need it.

Pyro is one of the more flexible casting classes, be sure to get Crystal Chime and Izalith Staff so that you can use other schools of casting as necessary.

If you want to stay in the "meta" then you can't afford to splurge on physical stats, your main goal is to get Int/Fai to 40/40, and Att for FP and slots (24 is usually a good stopping point, 30 if you're going pure caster). Beyond that, every class needs Vigor, you can get away with around 26 Endurance as needed.

Yes, I prefer that one too. Although if one wants to be typical, AGS is the closest in terms of moveset and shape, but looks too elegant and shiny

DaS2 in general is more about planning ahead and modifying your weapon/spell loadout to meet the coming threats, than it is about twitch reflexes. Most of the bosses are much easier than those in any of the other games, but you're also punished harder for not planning ahead.

Just done the twin princes, it was kind of easy but a really enjoyable fight nonetheless. No crazy bullshit either. Probably second favorite boss in the game after Champion Gundyr.

I've used the regular rapier and Ricard's rapier for the entire game so far and I've never encountered a single enemy that doesn't get absolutely destroyed by it. I could use other weapons but I just have no motivation.

Twin princes is a great fight, not easy but the difficulty don't make you feel like the game is fucking with you. Also the music is amazing

>its so fucking easy
>never played it blind
B A K A
A
K
A

40/40 refined with a greatshield

Try Espada Ropera. Highly stylish, and a strict upgrade to the rapier.

What, still here?

Hand over that thing. Your pisspants shield of want.

For m'ladys painting.

do you like poise?
>Y: invest in vit
>N: do not invest in vit

I'm playing SOTFS for the first time after having beaten DS2 twice when it first came out. Back then I found it hard. Now it honest to god feels like SOTFS is easier than vanilla DS2.

resonant weapon leo ring chaos rapier on a hexer is probably the best early game damage output you can have

I love the pisspants meme. It warms my heart that the best set in the game is getting the recognition it deserves.

You just played this series long enough that a game like DS2 cannot be a challenge.
I literally am not going to play any souls clone because they will be piss easy unfun for that

Maybe it just really suits your playstyle. Of the three games I was by far the best at DS1 and suck at DS3. Hard to say why beyond that. In DS1 I'd breeze through bosses that were considered very hard the first time through; meanwhile in DS3 I get the shit stomped out of me by scrubs. Hell, I even died to Wolnir.

It happens sometimes.

So this is what the inside of a Cathedral K***ht looks like...

I'm the same, I got fucked up by Wolnir too at some point.

what is pisspant of want in your language?
In German it is:
Pisshose des Verlangens
Or Pisshose der Gier

Can you get banned/softbanned if you invade a hacker and he does some crazy shit to you?

>SOTFS is easier than vanilla DS2.

It is. That's the point. A lot of the hardest quirks of DS2 were unintentional, like allowing players to wander too far into areas that you're supposed to actually come back and beat later, like enforcing branches and adding more NPC invaders.

SOTFS invaders aren't that difficult, and all the other changes made the game easier by moving harder miniboss enemies to NG+.

>inverts into an internal abyss of the Deep
this fucking lore is so deep my mind is going to explode