What are some things to look out for at a dealership...

What are some things to look out for at a dealership? I've been eyeballing this 2004 Celica and id rather not put too much money into it and then have to replace things like brake pads, oil, or even an entire engine because of 2XXk miles or some shit

Fuck off newfag and take your FWD cancer with you

So you're going to a dealership to look at an 04 Celica with over 200,000 miles on it? Assuming it's not a turd, be prepared to do a complete nose to tail service, because the dealership will have washed it, and that's it

>"LOLOL FWD BTFO"
>Implying im the newfag because you need RWD to even have fun in a car
>Can't even answer the question I asked in the OP

Why is tokyo drift your favorite movie?

Im assuming around 2XXk, im just wondering about things I could point out to not pay around 7k for this car, and more like 3-4k

Look out for them trying to sell you old ass beat to shit celicas

Im looking more for a project, I couldn't care less if it was beat to shit I just need things to help talk down the price

Here is the thing...

Old cars at small, buy here, pay here style dealerships usually don't have that much room for negotiation unless the dealer really just wants rid of it, because they are looking to finance you, not sell it outright

You can obviously use physical condition, lack of any service records, and any obvious mechanical defects to negotiate price, but most of these places are looking to finance this type of car to a broke motherfucker who they will then repo it from in a few months

Hence, most will/can be obnoxiously stubborn about price.

thanks Longpost, but its either around 7-8k for this or 27k (around 1k monthly payment) for a 2017 86 from a toyota dealer, so I dont know at this point

>7-8k for this
Holy shit.

I have a 2005 Celica with 120k miles and its in great condition, but its not even worth 3k. That's one hell of a mark up.

>around 1k monthly payment
Are you trying to finance for 24 months, or just have a catastrophically bad credit score/interest rate?

Also, why a 2017 86?

I Don't make very much money Longpost, i'd maybe do 2k per month but that could put me out of dinner for a few days

I'm kind of a "Purist" when it comes to cars, Brands are important to me, its either Chevy or Toyota until I die

dude he's asking you why the fuck you would want to make a 1 or 2 thousand dollar car payment a month

I answered dumb fuck, Im poor

Now I am confused...

The average car payment is like...400-450 a month my man.

The only reason you'd pay 1,000 is because you are trying to pay the loan off in a super short amount of time, or you have an epically high interest rate pushing the payment.

I don’t get how 1k a month payment on old car has anything to do with being poor. Btw, being royal to brand is dumb thing. I worked at new Toyota dealership before, compare to other cars, I will not just blindly buy any Toyota.

>When I buy a car I usually pay the ammount upfront because I save my money
>Haven't saved 27k, more around 23k
>plan is to make the rest during payments

does no one else try to save their money for their cars? Poor was a bad choice of words on my part, I meant that I just didnt have 27k to just pay upfront

You are an absolute fucking moron if you pay anywhere near 7k for a fucking 04 celica

Jesus christ this has to be bait

Ehhhh....

It's generally considered bad financial practice to pay straight out for a car that's more than 10 grand man, even if you have the funds to do so.

Now it can be a different story if you have no/bad credit, but if you have the means to finance at a reasonable rate, it's usually going to be the smarter decision

It’s really weird why lot of people here don’t like loan. I was in sales for long time and I helped my family member buy lots of cars before that.
If you have 23k saved up, why the fuck are you going to spend it on item that will lose value over time ? If credit allows just take loan on it and spend that cash other places. Tier 1 rate is 1.9% and mid tier is about 3 to 5%. Now you going to spend that money and pay 1k a month. Poor keeps getting poorer.

The 2zz Celica is a great car , very reliable . I've had mine for 6 years never has it caused me any issues. I just maintain it regularly when required. Got it with 65k miles for $5.5 k from some guy selling it to buy parts for his NSX. Now it has 178k miles on it. Two years ago I bought a GT with 1zz and hated it... Burned oil and slow as hell compared to the 2zz which isn't fast either but fun enough to drive on the daily

>owns piece of shit riced out s13
>I drift bro

>7k
Holy shit senpai, i paid 2.5k for an 02 from craigslist.
Check celica forums for common ptoblems. Only one i can think of is to see if the lift kicks in, but that requires pushing to 6k rpm

look up lift bolt TSB

OP is a retard

>Burned oil and slow as hell
1zz owner, can confirm.
Car was basically given to me for free so I can't really complain. It's also automatic and has almost no acceleration.

>I'd rather not then have to replace things like brake pads, oil, etc.
You should do this whenever you get a new car.
Also the 7th Celica is terrible - not a single ounce of sportiness at all.

I see you, Pajeet.

No shit you're poor, you're considering buying an 04 Celica for $7000 or a $1000/month payment when you're *fucking poor*

If it's less than say 150k then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Obviously check the oil as soon as you buy it though.

Too expensive
Woman car

Why

>not sporty
>7 sec 0-60 with small high revving engine
Sure.
Ill agree it doesnt look very sporty, but it looks better than civics, accords, etc. for the same price.

If your "only" options are an overpriced Celica with 200k miles or a brand new GT86 financed I think you need your head read.

1/10 I replied.

Honda Prelude