/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Thursday Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9WM-VWFbdnE
strawpoll.me/13167083/r
youtube.com/watch?v=Qpv_RQSmOa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for The Desolate Hope being the game with the weird robutt face.

second for fast

youtube.com/watch?v=9WM-VWFbdnE

3rd for Cuckout Merchants.

I miss robocraft guys...

I spent a lot of hours...
I miss Kerban Static Prolapse even more

Reminder that cuckout is here to stay and there's nothing you can do about it

strawpoll.me/13167083/r

Tank thread

Sub 1500 HP need not apply

+24h

S H I N Y
H
I
N
Y

Where's that paint from?

post stealthy cars

check out mine

Is there AC34 Rapier auto-canon worth getting? is 50 a good price or would I be getting jewed paying that?

nuclear diamonds when

50 is decent, you'll need more than one

Autocannons are in a bad spot right now.
Until they get buffed use anything else.

dual wasps if you can drive

Is this fucking Beseige?

it looks like it

My dual Rapier build seems fine right now, and it's even 4500PS.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qpv_RQSmOa8

A different breed of autism

Is Cuckout down for anyone else?

nicely done

Dual Wasps seems pretty nasty

uhh?

crosstards?

>Can buy Pathfinder Crates via order for 650 coins
>Most purples sell for 650-900 coins
>Only purple I currently have is the Executioner, the only one that sells for less than the cost of purple crates
>Get two pahtfinder crates
>They both have Executioners in them
Fuck this I'm done

See you tomorrow

born to fly pack, aluminum, like 20 bucks

>chinese chrome

rose by any other name

except if it's chinese

No do it with a TOW missile.

why
what hardware is in that thing

WHY

obviously nvidia

Is this that kid that snapped his GPU in half because he 'was sad'

Never. Radiation fucks up electronics too much

Am I missing something? I finally decided to try Crossout since I'ts been spammed here pretty heavily since the F2P stuff. I go to the steam store page and there is no option to install?

audible jej

Nah m8, he drill pressed through a screw hole because he was being autistic. This minecraft kid is just retarded.

did you not read the thing someone posted last ded which involved making eternal batteries by making synthetic diamonds with a carbon 14 filling

Gaijin is being retarded just use their standalone launcher.

>When you just wanna Storm brawl but you keep getting cut down by the same wall of miniguns that's twice your PS each match

Crossout is really disappointing, at least starting out. Zoom around in a shitty little machine gun buggy, while pricks with special weapons and strictly superior chassis and more parts rape me.

Guess it wouldn't be f2p garbage without forced imbalance, but it's pretty heinous with a 'builder' type of game.

Give it twenty minutes and you won't be in an MG buggy anymore. Yes your first four or five games will be like pulling teeth but the grind isn't very long.

People were asking for Starmade gifs/webms?

Equalizer or Spectres?

>dust is on
>ever

Almost worse than the java stutter.

>but it's pretty heinous with a 'builder' type of game.
You realise if that wasn't there, there'd be even less incentive to advance and develop your tactics and build, right? There always needs to be the bigger bully bounding around, otherwise the player feels like they've hit the ceiling and stop playing. More importantly, they stop paying, and if they're not paying, they're still giving the impression the game has a lively user base, which brings in other paying customers.

It sucks, but there's basic cost of living, power, ethernet, licensing, tax and renting/cost of property. They really do need a healthy chunk of change to get by and recoup the losses of development, never mind profit.

No frustrated players > no paying players > no servers > no players > no crossout. Which might be for the best, really. I just want a simulation level single player madmax-esc game with building desu.

Forget it, friend. It's not coming back.

bls resbond

Equalizers if you want to waste resources, lose and feel bad about your decisions in life in general.
Spectres if you want to actually win a match from time to time.

Holy fuck user, did an equalizer touch you inappropriately?

Is mengies dead

We can only hope. The community manager is even more fucking annoying than Xocliw, which is pretty impressive.

Please look at this picture.
Equalizers require mad amounts of radiators to deal almost as much damage as Spectres (without them, they overheat before the trait can kick in), and that only AFTER 7 seconds of nonstop firing. And once you overheat, whelp, enjoy your 7 seconds of LM-54 Chord damage again.
Spectres fully stack in 4 seconds, and even without any stacks, they deal more damage than the Equalizer ever can. And on top of that you can use the vastly superior weapon coolers over those shitty radiators, I personally use 2 blue coolers and my weapons are overheated for barely a second and a half.

The Equalizer is just complete garbage, go into the factions tab, go to the Nomads and test drive the Archeologist vehicle. It has 3 Equalizers. If my shitposting doesn't convince you how garbage the Equalizer is, testing it out certainly will.

the only thing that bothers me right now are these fucking howitzers.

>Please look at this picture.
Only because you asked nicely. My point was you could have just said "its shit" instead of attempting to give the poor user PTSD. Its okay. I believe you.

I don't play in the ps bracket where purples are relevant anyway. Not nearly as fun as min/maxing shitboxes.

>bunch of dumb idiots running into eachother followed by some juggernaut with a cannon 1-shotting everyone

is this crossout all the time?

Yes. Dual cannon builds will beat any other build pretty much every time.

cannons aren't even that strong at higher PS

>Dual cannon builds will beat any other build pretty much every time.
*drives around you with a machine gun, laughing hysterically*

>Dual cannon builds will beat any other build pretty much every time.
>mfw dodging cannonfags while my friends destroy them

>shotguns externally

Good night /egg/

>enemy team has 4 players from a clan
>keep running into them
>they win every time
>my team is just total random shitters every time
>they are sneaking high tier guns and parts into low tiers
>my guys all have shitty white shotguns and machine guns

This is how you kill a game, and any chance of new players staying.

Post low ps cuties

>machine gun drone

Those and the small machine gun turrets are OP as fuck.

You can shoot them down yes, but when some dude just zooms by, dumps off 2-4 turrets and drives away to hide and reload, they are stupidly strong. They also auto target your cab, drilling right through all your armor in perfect lines to kill your cab.

I have issues with the timing on them in low ps, since I only have the one, it lasts for 30 seconds, then fucks off for another 30 leaving me basically defenseless.

What do you think we spent all of /rcg/ doing

>robocuck had an update
>nanoguns now work like those protoseekers and shoot little healing cross signs at people from medium range

gay

>tfw still mad they removed the HEALBEAM lasers

Those were fun.

Walker Legs update was the start of the end. Let it die in peace, user.

>play defense raid in crossout
>retard that's faster than me keeps shoving into my back until i spin around instead of just going around
>when we're driving to the next defense point I push him off the bridge
>he doesn't even flip over but he stays down there typing russian cursewords for several minutes
>keeps direct messaging me russian shit after we won the raid without him

>we've added a new weapon; plasma cannons!
>To avoid abuse, we've made it so that they can only be placed on top.

>/rcg/ immediately distributes links to AHK to reverse their controls and builds plasma bombers upside down

20 seconds of use, 20 seconds of reload. I have a stopwatch.

Ah thank you. Feels longer when you're being shot at.

>They then realize it doesn't fucking matter and let you stick them on the bottom of vehicles
Old, but gold.

Poor little white guy

>poor
fucker is gonna get free wins out the ass

The other team were all 5000 too
Also winning is completely pointless in Crossout thanks to the retarded XP decisions. One of the biggest flaws of the game in my opinion.

>winning is completely pointless
Aren't you tired? Wouldn't it be great to be free of all of this? Don't you want it all to end?

The biggest flaw is that they give you long range weaponry and fast cars, and then shove you into tiny maps with 3 min matches.

>no hyuge maps
>no 5-8min matches
>no racing across deserts at breakneck speeds popping your nitro to try and catch some faggot that captured your flag

why is crossout so damn laggy at times when trying to turn? even with a starter vehicle i find me vehicle jerking around while turning even with low ping.

>5-8 minute matches
>xX69sl4vicf4gL0rD69Xx oneshots you with his double executioner he got sponsored by his daddy's credit card right at the start of the match
>if you have shotguns or melee, you're obsolete
great design

All they need to do is multiply your earned XP by 1.5 if you win and 0.5 if you lose. Problem solved.

I'm fine with the scale and pace actually. The game is too casual and shallow for long range plinking to be fun.

Blane dogfight when?

If you're getting one shotted you're a retard. The powerscore system works really great actually, and removes all P2W.
It's easier to oneshot with double whites than purples.

tl;dr -- mini factories are fun compared to the standard mainbus 1/second science mega thing.

Been experimenting with a mini factory in Factorio recently. It's basically a double-walled box that's remained the same size for the last 10-ish hours of play time, that's under my personal restrictions in order to make the game a bit more fun than the standard "lay down massive main bus, wonder why gold science takes fucking forever, spend ages moduling and beaconing and laying track and whatever else" experience.

The only logistics box allowed outside the core area is a requester chest that receives ores or fuel; roboports are allowed outside the box for construction and personal logistics requests only. Power generation and smelting happen outside the box, as does mining. Oil proc, coal liquefaction, etc. happen inside (and are a real bitch to route). No trains; instead I've been building little mini-forts around ore patches and belting stuff through them.

And it's glorious. I've easily reached the point where solar can provide about 85 MW and accumulators go for 6 GJ and top up every day; this is enough to defend against vanilla biters with mainly lasers even overnight. Funniest thing is, I'm close to launching a rocket while not having really played much more than in a mainbus campaign; but it's a lot more fun than the endless bus-laying exercise.

Modular bases are fun.
>Make a giant Storage Area, basically the few that uses Logistics Robots besides your outer wall for repairs
>Trains ferrying goods to and from storage to your remote facilities for all the various goods you want
>Science zone is just a giant field of Research Labs linked up with Inserters with inputs along the train-side edge of the field
>Solar Panels and Accumulators in blueprinted arrangements along tracks

How retarded do you have to be to do this?

i tried to beat the jewout market but i failed
now im broke and hopeless
i give up
its impossible
this game has defeated me

How can you fail at it?
Use crossout db

i bought the starter pack to get me a base amount of credits to jew with
i swapped faction and bought all the components to make a powerful engine mk2
i did all the calculations and i would in the end earn me some money over the initial investment
then
i realized the purple workbench with nomads requires level 5
by the time i will reach level 5 rent the bench and make the item the price will have dropped so low i will barely make any credits
i give up
i really just wanna give up

are you that user who bought all the scrap for >7?