youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/874728084217487360
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
archiveofourown.org/works/10279478/chapters/22757045
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah but this is Principal Wells we're talking about. He doesn't give a shit, he'd probably leave faster to get away from all that crazy shit and get wasted in economy

i mean they still do when max is declared winner, dunno why they wouldnt in another timeline

or we could just make the logical assumption that when Joyce sees the tornado, she leaves, and Warren goes with her, since he hasnt been told to wait there by Max in that timeline

Max is #1

hmmm

I've had pic related in my images folder for a while now. It's from some talk Michel gave at some point (note that the page still says "What If?", though IIRC the talk was given sometime after the name change), and it's showing, IIRC, one of the dialogue puzzles from Season 1. But I'm not sure we ever worked out which one it could be from. Anyone wanna play the speculation game?

>or we could just make the logical assumption that when Joyce sees the tornado
Except she didn't? Like, we literally saw that she didn't.

>Warren goes with her, since he hasnt been told to wait there by Max in that timeline
Warren's just a lost cause.

this is a game where a girl not dying causes the fucking moon to change orbit and even appear twice in the sky, and you're gonna tell me that random changes cant make a huge seemingly unrelated change down the line? come on, user

Well in that timeline Jefferson was exposed on Monday. It's still ridiculous but not that ridiculously ridiculous I guess.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

Hello young Max, I'm Bob Ros...I mean Samuel. I just love happy little squirrels. I think Rachael may have had a happy accident.

Reminder that Max has autism

>this is a game where a girl not dying causes the fucking moon change orbit and even appear twice in the sky
Yeah, and we still have little proof that these two are linked at all. This game is as vague as it gets with cause-and-effect, and plays fast and loose with the butterfly effect.

That's a totally pointless argument though. "Anything can happen randomly at any time, therefore we're free to assume our headcanon about the events in the town are correct, even though there's no reason to think anything differs from what we're directly shown in-game." I mean, if that's the route you want to take, go for it. But let's not pretend that it's merely wishful thinking. May as well just assume all the Jefferson/Prescott Cthulhu-cult fan theories were also correct, and that all of the main villains just happened to forget to mention any of it.

(For completeness, the Moon never changed orbit in the sky, it was seemingly just a vision/illusion of the Moon in both cases. If the Moon was actually randomly popping out of place, the entire world would be having more problems than just a strange storm in Oregon. The fact that the second Moon in Ep4 seems to shimmer out and vanish seems to support this conclusion too).

>even though there's no reason to think anything differs from what we're directly shown in-game
Well I don't know about you but this does not look anything like a scorched diner.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if the diner is destroyed or not, or how powerful the storm was. That's not why people pick bae > bay in the first place, it's just nitpicking at the devs. There's very few reasons for why bay is a possible option for Max, but many for why bae is.

She's one of ours, isn't?

>does not look anything like a scorched diner.
It's got the burn marks around the windows. These aren't present in the storm scene. And we see how the explosion changes the diner model - it doesn't. And given that the events which lead to the explosion are totally independent of Max, yes, all the available evidence suggests the diner exploded. We can argue as to whether Dontnod did a good job at visually representing this, but it's the only reasonable conclusion to arrive at.

>Honestly, it doesn't matter if the diner is destroyed or not, or how powerful the storm was. That's not why people pick bae > bay in the first place, it's just nitpicking at the devs.
I agree entirely.

>There's very few reasons for why bay is a possible option for Max, but many for why bae is.
I disagree. In fact, I'd argue that the opposite is probably true. But this goes into a more subjective territory which wasn't really the point of the diner discussion.

Reminder that Kate wouldn't approve of Max and Chloe's relationship.

twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/874728084217487360

What did they mean by this

i like how the newspaper guy you see in episode 2 is now laying there dead like he stood there for a week and just stayed there outside during the storm

Well let's agree to disagree, because having another bae v bay argument is stupid at this point, and we should just try to make the thread comfier in lieu of these new shitposters

Anyone else find it worrying how little the dontnod guys are saying about the prequel? Not even hyping it up.

But it wasn't meant to happen.

Has anyone asked them on twitter their thoughts on it?

be the change you want to see in the world

I don't have twitter
or any social media
except snapchat

they're probably mad the company sold out their "art" to cash in on the popularity of the characters they created. I'd guess they were approached about making the prequel but they said no and Square said fine, we don't need you frogs and went and made it on their own.

I mean, even then they'd probably say something like "good luck to deck9" or "we look forward to seeing deck9's work", something neutral but at least respectfully acknowledging the game. This is just complete radio silence.

Michel will be drunk one night again and tweet "DECK NINE SUCKS DECK".

"Thanks redneck poet."

I want to give Chloe a hug.

I want to hold her hand

Finally got the platinum trophy!

>Only took six months

Welp.

Not personally. The game has nothing to do with them so there's no reason I'd expect them to say anything about it.

>The game has nothing to do with them ...

You mean despite the fact that it's based on a franchise, characters, setting, lore, etc, they created; the fact that they were asked to sign off on the concepts near the start of development; the fact they were asked to review a recent build of the first episode; the fact that they kept getting brought up and spoken about in interviews; the fact that its success/failure will have some effect on continued sales of Season 1 and eventually Season 2; etc; etc? Not to mention the fact that we'd expect them to have -some- interest in the project, even if it -did- have nothing to do with them.

Whatcha smokin' over there Saul?

>You mean despite the fact that it's based on a franchise, characters, setting, lore, etc, they created
So is fan fiction.

>the fact that they were asked to sign off on the concepts near the start of development
>the fact they were asked to review a recent build of the first episode
Can you source this? Even then, if I got the writers to read over my fan fiction it wouldn't mean my work had anything to do with them.

>act that they kept getting brought up and spoken about in interviews;
To say the aren't involved.

>the fact that its success/failure will have some effect on continued sales of Season 1 and eventually Season 2
That depends on what season two is about. We don't know that it has any relationship to season one or the prequel. They could be making the franchise an anthology of sorts. If I were them I'd be more conceded about making my own game.

>Not to mention the fact that we'd expect them to have -some- interest in the project, even if it -did- have nothing to do with them.
You've yet to give a reason why.

>Whatcha smokin' over there Saul?
Dank Yharnam nugs. Seeing werewolves in the streets.
>

Max is so adorable

Max is there for Chloe and always will be! Chloe will always be there for Max!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

I think Samuel has a connection to the natives and may have been related to the bloodoath Rachel and Frank took

you're late m8

Post more Chasefield!

That does not look like it had a significant fire.
Looks more like water on the exterior from heavy rainfall and windows and some roofing missing from heavy winds.
If there was a fire from a gasoline spill then the asphalt on the road would be melted leading up to the RV and diner, the RV would be thoroughly burned because its gas tank lit off and the fire spread, windows would have very noticeable scorch marks which only the RV even slightly resembles, and if there was an explosion and fire at the diner then the walls would be bulged outwards at least a little bit and the interior would be torched. You can clearly see the painted walls and undarkened ceilings of the interior of the diner- no fire or smoke damage. Debris and things surrounding the diner would also show signs of damage from heat.

Conclusion: If there was a fire it was extremely minor and it was not an explosion like we saw in the one timeline. Chalk that up to the Butterfly Effect or someone else did what Max originally did and stopped the fire in its infancy.

Apologies. Thread started while I was out doing some stuff.
(Or you can just pretend Max and Chloe were late because they were in the middle of a kissing session that got carried away.)

>tfw my best case scenario for this prequel is it bombs so hard that dontnod realizes that CANT be max and chloe's final appearances, and we get an extended bae ending added to the game, or (ideally) season 3 with them in it

post dorks

While the whole diner fire thing doesn't really matter, it gives proof to the survival of Joyce, Frank, and the others. Some other theories but I don't like the thought of them all dying so I looked for ways to help show they didn't.
While the Bae Ending's central point is about Chloe and Max being together, that doesn't mean Chloe should lose her mother or that her and Max should lose their friends as well.
That's my biggest gripe with the Bae Ending. It doesn't give any closure or hints to anything. Sure we know the girls are alive and together, which is important, but it would be terrible for them to have to deal with losses like that.

Ok, so it's clear you're trolling. But for completeness and procrastination:

>So is fan fiction.
What a weak comparison. We're talking about an official entry into the franchise.

>Can you source this?
Have you not been watching all the E3 livestream interviews, or even casually reading through these very threads? Too lazy to go find a link for the sake of a troll post, but the two main relevant points are (1) they got Dontnod to sign off on their ideas for the game, and (2) they recently showed a build of the game to the folks at Dontnod in Paris.

>To say the aren't involved.
Aside from the above points where they -were- involved on the periphery, at least in a "we want you to sign off on this" capacity.

>That depends on what season two is about.
Not really. We're talking about the franchise as a whole, the performance of this game is going to have some effect on Season 2, regardless of which developers made it, and regardless of how well it reviews/performs.

>They could be making the franchise an anthology of sorts.
We know this is the case. But as above, we're talking about the perception/value of the franchise as a whole. Like it or not, this prequel counts towards that perception, even if the story/characters/setting/etc are totally unrelated.

>If I were them I'd be more conceded about making my own game.
To the point where they shouldn't show -any- interest in the new entry into the franchise they created; using characters, settings, lore, etc, they created; which will have some impact on the perception of a new entry into the franchise which they're actively in the process of developing?

They've had the time and interest to casually tweet about other games which were featured at E3, and they've had time to tweet about random stuff relating to Season 1 since the new game was revealed ... but not even a cursory mention of the prequel? Yeah, sorry, this is suspicious.

>You've yet to give a reason why.
Like I asked, what are you smoking?

If Arcadia Bay were truly 100% wiped out, and Max and Chloe couldnt help, the first place they'd go is Seattle to be with Max's parents.

Max's parents live in Seattle, which is north of Arcadia Bay, and yet in the Bae ending, we see them driving south. Where are they going?

I like to imagine they're driving to the local evacuation center to see who heeded the evacuation call we heard in the diner.

DORRRKZ

If it gets too bad for them to deal with, Max can go back at anytime with the butterfly picture or any other picture she has to go back and warn the people about it and deal with Nathan/Bathroom event. Max has all the time of the world to plan things out better. If she's forced to go back to the bathroom scene, she can break the alarm and save Chloe without ever using rewind to get rid of the storm. Or use a photo from an even earlier time, warn Chloe via text or persuade her not to go to the school that day and arrange a meetup or distract her somehow. She can do that and much more without ever using rewind. Because according to Bay logic, time hopping and having knowledge of past/future events doesn't cause the storm. Rewind does.

Anyways bottom line, Max and Chloe could still prevent the storm at a later time after bae ending and at anytime they choose to after they analyze and really think things through.

The butterfly pic is actually the one pic she cant use, she ripped it up. But yeah, the fact that she can still time travel through pictures, and she has all her pictures with her so you cant even claim the tornado destroyed them or anything, is the biggest reason I'm fine picking bae.

Well second biggest, after me being a hopeless waifufag for chloe

So apparently Deck Nine has announced that they're expecting the gap between episodes to be around the 8-10 week mark. This is similar to the length of time between many of the Season 1 episodes.

Pic related is a calendar with 8 week gaps (green) and 10 week gaps (blue) marked out. That Episode 3's 8-10 week window sits squarely over the top of the holiday period is a bit of a worry. As with Season 1, it's probably best to assume the schedule will stretch towards (or beyond) the longer estimate, so it looks like we have to wait for mid-January (assuming the holiday periods doesn't slow things down further) for the final episode.

The bonus episode is set to release sometime after Episode 3 (from the interviews and what's written up on the product pages, it doesn't sound like it will release concurrently, though this is unclear). So the bonus episode could be longer again.

They drive by the diner but don't see anyone (because they're either in a shelter already or David took them to the Dark Room for safety), trying to make phone calls in the area doesn't work.
I think the first place they go is Max's parents in Seattle (Maybe stopping at a motel if they're really exhausted)
After about two or three days in Seattle then the phone service to Arcadia Bay should be restored and Chloe will get a call from Joyce asking if she's alright.
Chloe says she's with Max and Joyce says she should have figured. They have a nice talk and Chloe tearfully apologizes over the phone for all the shit she did to Joyce and David the past few years. Joyce apologizes for not always listening or thinking Chloe could just move on from everything.

A few days later Max and Chloe go back to Arcadia Bay to see people, get stuff from Chloe's house, and attend Rachel's funeral. They see Frank there and Max runs into Kate, Warren, and her other friends also attending. A good part of Blackwell is there despite the larger disaster that happened, such is the draw of Rachel Amber.
Chloe sees Joyce and David for the first time since everything and they have a nice moment as a family. After that they agree it's best for Chloe to stay in Seattle for a bit while everything is rebuilt, it also leaves Joyce and David with some time alone to reconnect.

During their time in Arcadia Bay after the storm, Max is taking photos of the recovery and rebuilding efforts and her photos win her the next Everyday Heroes Contest.

Also extremely possible and likely. Max going back to some point earlier, saving Chloe another way that stops the storm entirely, or just warning more people.
If she saved Chloe prior to that moment in the bathroom then it may stop the storm entirely. If not, then she knows when its coming and knows she and Chloe have to warn more people.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>We're talking about an official entry into the franchise
So? It still has as much to do with them as the average fan fiction.

>they got Dontnod to sign off on their ideas for the game
What does "signing off" really amount to. Being content with the games existence doesn't mean it has anything to do with them.

>they recently showed a build of the game to the folks at Dontnod in Paris
That doesn't mean they have anything to do with it.

>the performance of this game is going to have some effect on Season 2, regardless of which developers made it, and regardless of how well it reviews/performs.
If nothing they do will affects how it performs then why would they care to talk about it?

>this prequel counts towards that perception
That doesn't mean they have anything to do with the game.

>which will have some impact on the perception of a new entry into the franchise which they're actively in the process of developing?
You're conflating "the game affects them" with "they care about the game". They have no control over it so there's no reason for them to even acknowledge it.

If the prequel hints that Rachel may be connected to the appearance of the storm, then going back and finding a way to save her could also help things. It also keeps Chloe's friend alive, helps Frank, and makes sure Jefferson and Nathan are busted before ever hurting Kate and possibly others.

I'm not even going to bother.

>You're conflating "the game affects them" with "they care about the game"
"the game affects them" with "the game has anything to do with them" rather.

If you can't beat an apparently stoned guy in an argument I'm not sure you should.

Is this a video game or an interactive TV show? I'm so confused

yes

>If you can't beat an apparently stoned guy in an argument ...

I did though. Sorry, but there's just no argument here. Like I said, you're either trolling, or you're a moron.

Thank you kindly for saving me the intellectual hellfire you would surely rain down, if only I was worthy.

No probs. ;)

I remember when /lesg/ used to have fun trolls.

Nice dorks!

RACHEL'S FAMILY ARE PART OF THE ILLUMINATI

If you're looking for something super fluffy and don't mind total AUs, then this has been an awesome read so far.
archiveofourown.org/works/10279478/chapters/22757045

The Max and Chloe relationship building is adorable and Rachel playing match-maker is pretty funny.

>Then they realized they used salt instead of sugar
Just kidding, the cookies came out great

Woah, I missed this in my playthrough... So all this time, Max was on the spectrum? This could completely change one's interpretation of her character...

how, exactly? max is still max, sperglord or no

THE WORLD!

You consider yourself the winner of an argument despite fundamentally missing the point of it. The game affecting dontnod is completely different from the game having anything to do with them. Work on that Dunning–Kruger effect, it's not going to serve you well,

Still trying, eh?

ZA WOWSER
HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA

Anyone started compiling a list of all the new music so far?

No. There's no point arguing against the Dunning–Kruger effect. Then it wouldn't be the Dunning–Kruger effect. You didn't have a good argument to make so you declared yourself the victor while providing zero evidence. People like that aren't worthy of discourse. You just point out their flawed reasoning and move on before their stupidity infects you. On that note, good day.

Cute. Have your (You).

Wonder how powerful Max could get by mastering her powers.

dyke

"lemme see you LIS folder"

"one sec"

LOVE the Max sorceress and time goddess stuff that shows off her power.

I think she would stop using them for a while but then decide she has to know if they cause problems and if she was responsible for the storm.
she would take a picture before any uses in case she needs to go back and not use them, and then do some small stuff at first. Rewinding and seeing if she has any visions, going into a recent photo or two and then seeing if anything changes, and other little experiments. As she matures and learns more about how they work she may be able to do things like freely freeze time and rewind certain objects.
She gets to a level where she can hold Chloe's hand and rewind the both of them or hold her hand and go into any image as well as instantly exit back to the present. Make for some very interesting dates and vacations.

that's pooh's job

>in the ending where she accepts her powers and doesnt undo everything she's ever done, she winds up in a gay relationship with chloe
>in the other ending she decides an intrinsic part of herself that she cant change is inherently wrong and tries to hide it and never act on it, and ends up super depressed

And I thought xmen was heavy on the 'powers = homosexuality' thing

Was it ever confirmed or hinted at if Max had her cherry popped yet?

judging by her voice, no

Well one of the supposed ideas behind changing time is "the universe always tries to make things right because it's fate" (or some bullshit) so Max will always end up with Chloe.

she says in her diary she never had any luck with boys, so probably not

DELETE THIS

No. And unlike you, she eventually will.

she had luck with warren :^)

..This image deeply unsettles me