/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Guyver edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM

↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed)
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
-Possibility of seeing something besides the same 4 minutes on loop @ 5:00 EST: twitch.tv
/capcomunity (embed)

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs

↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928 (embed)
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6r15wzp2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm getting it on ps4 and pc

xbox isn't popular here

Gore for World pls

>people putting faith into capcom not fucking up
lol

>The game has farms? What's the point of gathering? It's ruined!
>Holding A to gather faster? What's the point of seeing the animation now? The game's ruined!
>Showing the weapon's true raw? What's the point of extra calculations for the damage formula now? The game's ruined!
>The game tells you the weapon's move list? Where's the discovery and experimentation? The game's ruined!
>The camera refocuses around the monster? What's the point of being able to master the claw? The game's ruined!
>You can use the bottom screen to quickly use items? What's the point of sorting them in order of importance? The game's ruined!
>You can cook multiple steaks at the cook? What's the point of the spit now? The game's ruined!
>The item box is bigger? What's the point of having to judge which parts and items were more important? The game's ruined!
>HOLY SHIT THE GAME LETS YOU AUTOSORT YOUR EQUIPMENT TOO? WHY EVEN GIVE US THE OPTION TO SORT THEM MANUALLY? FUCKING CAPCOM, WHY DO YOU KEEP KILLING YOUR FRANCHISES?

I proclaim this to be /mhst/ - Hanako's Game General.

Less console war and general shitposting.
More huntress sluts.

Let me see those rare huntress sluts.

Flexing is a core gameplay mechanic.

>These are the nu-males that Capcom paid to shill MHWorld

Best starter armor

post yfw you didn't buy a switch

depends on which friends I can convince to play it

>tfw F1 starts you literally naked

Rare Astral suit slut.

Anyone have a proper boomerang prowler in MHgen they're willing to hop online and trade me? Just started a new save file

Jagras is _ _ _ _

God damn everything is perfect about that body and outfit.

Who here /helplessly watching MH be ruined by Capcom and "Wow finally an MH for people like me!" people/?

I guess everything good has to come to an end eventually.

>dude go hunt this monster lmao
>Aw shit dude it's a bigger monster bet you want to hunt it
>Jk you're not supposed to hunt it yet go kill the small fry

If I have to do one more of these shitty quests this shit is dropped.

Hi,

What's the general opinion here about Monster Hunter World ?

*Blocks your path*

Literally the best monster hunter ever and we didn't even see gameplay

P3rd?

You're just angry because you hate new things

This looks like the best in the series

skree

I've seen too many franchises die this way. Honestly though, the more I learn about MHW, the less worried I am about it.

don't worry, im sure when the games doesnt reach capcom's expectations, theyll have to realise alienating the only audience they have left (the nips) is retarded

It's casual shit for western dudebros who previously got destroyed by G. Jaggi's and fap to GRAFIX and TERRAFLOPS all day. MH is ruined and will never recover. Capcom is finished.

wait a sec...

Mhgen

>best in the series
>can kill monsters without directly attacking them once

lol

/v/ fags OUTTA MY GENERAL

its the best thing ever, all the changes made so my bros and i can win without trying are the best ever fag, and if you don't agree you're a nintendbaby

I hope we get new comfy sets of armor in World

You can do that with barrel bombs

You're not making a point anyways.

All strawpolls have been positive

literally who

30 percent excited
10 percent old fans hating new things
10 percent angry because it somehow means we won't get xx
50 percent angry nintendo fans

4 of them, throwbacks to previous generations

MHW is PS4 exclusive in Japan.

I know its sarcasm but capcom didn't show anything new so fuck it
>The game has farms? What's the point of gathering? It's ruined!
its true tho
>Holding A to gather faster? What's the point of seeing the animation now? The game's ruined!
is this from X? didn't buy it
>Showing the weapon's true raw? What's the point of extra calculations for the damage formula now? The game's ruined!
noting wrong
>The game tells you the weapon's move list? Where's the discovery and experimentation? The game's ruined!
anyone actually checked that?
>The camera refocuses around the monster? What's the point of being able to master the claw? The game's ruined!
nothing wrong
>You can use the bottom screen to quickly use items? What's the point of sorting them in order of importance? The game's ruined!
anyone used that?
>You can cook multiple steaks at the cook? What's the point of the spit now? The game's ruined!
nothing wrong
>The item box is bigger? What's the point of having to judge which parts and items were more important? The game's ruined!
nothing wrong
>HOLY SHIT THE GAME LETS YOU AUTOSORT YOUR EQUIPMENT TOO? WHY EVEN GIVE US THE OPTION TO SORT THEM MANUALLY? FUCKING CAPCOM, WHY DO YOU KEEP KILLING YOUR FRANCHISES?
if anything the way it arranges the items its shit, so I still do it manually, and I still put the mats in my inventory before using them

its ONLY coming out on the PS4 in japan

ps4

>bringing a few barrel bombs is the same as every single area in the MHW maps having a pre-designed specific "trap/damage/etc." the monster here locations where you can make them run into a wall, throw a boulder at them, have them hurt themselves on falling logs etc.

that totally won't get old

Japanese players will play on PS4 and PC
Xbox only sells 300 units a week in Japan

Tch
Didn't want to find myself agreeing with you... kiddo

Babies are supposed to look cute
I would kill like a quarter of those by crushing them with my bootheel

They'll probably stay separate like how most people did in 3U.

>popo is a llama for some reason

Holy shit! Wait I can play with Japan right?

oh look, exactly what people keep describing
literally "finally an MH that looks good ugh all MHs so far sucked. Glad we're getting MH for people who don't like MH!"

the numbers make it look like they won't be a big deal at all, just like the barrel bombs

we had this discussion already, try killing yourself

PS4 ONRY in Japan, but it's not like they wouldn't be able to get the PC version if they really wanted. I don't think there are that many PC master race folks in Japan though.

>mfw when the people who are "finally interested in playing" realise that the core gameplay loop is going to be the same

never played monster hunter before, but my friend who owns a 3ds likes it so i might try it on my ps4.

>its June 20th
>you wake up ready to see the new MH info
>you open the link
>its this

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6r15wzp2o

That's because you're a big meanie hunter

Then don't do it you fucking retard. And if you think that will get old faster than using barrel bombs you're even dumber than I thought. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Jesus christ. How do you know how much environmental damage will be present in any given map, and what makes you think it will be enough to kill a monster? Even if it is, why the fuck would you do that, unless you were doing a challenge run or something. Your "argument" is a complete and utter non-issue.

>Implying people still wont find a way to bully P3rd even with World around

yea, on the ps4

That just seemed like and alternative to me? You can still just go to a wide area and fight the monster.

MHW is looking great!

ProJared confirmed that environmental traps do massive damage compared to even GS charges.

in a demo
who cares
brave GL was good in the demo

knowing capcom it will be

>This is what /mhg/ has come to
I don't know why I even bother any more

>fixed damage
>scaled damage

pick one

>no lunastra

cool

>won't be a big deal
>already does 3x the damage of a lbb+, with a free knockdown/trap included as well

You're a special kind of stupid bitch, aren't you?

The "same", but better

to a LR monster with a starting weapon
like bombs and GL shells

They do about 400 in the demo. Which is a lot, sure. But there's still no reason to think each map will have an infinite number of environmental traps

In a demo against a shitty low rank monster. Mounting was good against early monsters too, and it fell off quick unless you ran the pogostick with star knight.

of a fucking bone sword, that shit will serve no purpose in H/G rank

>CAPCOM EXPECTS THE GAME TO SELL 10 MILLIONS BECAUSE THEY SAW THE MONEY THINGS LIKE DESTINY IS MAKING
CAPCOM EXPECTS THE GAME TO SELL 10 MILLIONS BECAUSE THEY SAW THE MONEY THINGS LIKE DESTINY IS MAKING
>CAPCOM EXPECTS THE GAME TO SELL 10 MILLIONS BECAUSE THEY SAW THE MONEY THINGS LIKE DESTINY IS MAKING
CAPCOM EXPECTS THE GAME TO SELL 10 MILLIONS BECAUSE THEY SAW THE MONEY THINGS LIKE DESTINY IS MAKING

>PEOPLE THINK THAT IT WILL ACTUALLY DO THOSE NUMBERS
PEOPLE THINK THAT IT WILL ACTUALLY DO THOSE NUMBERS

I can't wait for a PC demo so I can datamine the fuck out of it

>demo
STOP JUDGING META IN A DEMO

of course not infinite
1 in each area more or less
forest has 16 areas in total, let's deduct some and say 10 environmental traps you can lure the dinosaur into on every hunt
always the same traps

All me

source?
i dont think even capcom is this delusional

me on the right
>why did you buy a switch?

>old guard shows up

Hahaha LOSER!

>tfw no urge to buy a shitch now that MHXX confirmed to say jap onry
>just keep playing 3DS ver w/ English patch for free.
>tfw MHW announced for PS4, fuck now I have to buy this turd
>announced for PC too
feels fucking good

pls no subscription fee.

Btw are the japanese players happy or what with this announcement ?

You make the number higher everytime this is posted huh?

What was XX's expected target?

>1 in each area more or less
[citation needed]

Once again, your point is meaningless. It's way more variety than what we have now with shock/pitfall/sleep + barrel bomb