Leasing a car

>leasing a car

>buying somebody's used bodily fluid containment vessel to save money that you'll wind up dumping back into it on maintenance and repairs.

What if I'm only living here for 2 years? Should U buy a car then?

>buying a used sports car

What's wrong with this

I think I'm going to do it. I can get 10k off a GMC crossover and have my shitboxes I love.

Saving 20% or more because somebody impulsively traded a perfectly fine vehicle to get the newest visual design.

You lease because you cant afford.
Then you drive something thats never yours and you have to bring back year later. All that money went to the seller. Not into the car.

Never lease lads. Always buy.

People abuse the fuck out of them.

If you lease you give the dealer 30% of the value of the car then you give him the car and he sells it certified pre owned for about 5%-10% off. Thus making about 120% of the value of the car.

If you buy the car and drive it for 2 years and sell it yourself for 6% less you leased a vehicle for 6% the cost of the car instead of 30% and you can still 'always have the newest', which btw is a meme. Nobody gives a shit about new cars.

The normies think any car after 2008 that's clean and well kept is new and enthusiasts laugh at people who buy new. Track fags in 2002 911s will laugh hard if they pass you but dismiss you as a $$$ faggot if you pass them.

The only reason to buy new is to satisfy greed. Its literally never justified

retarded autist who never leaves his house

>The only reason to buy new is to satisfy greed. Its literally never justified

>being this poor

It's justified if I'm a multi millionaire and can afford it. I don't like other people. I find strangers disgusting. Most people hoon and abuse their cars. Even if they maintain it properly, most of them still eat, fart, smoke, and have their kids throw up in their cars. No thanks.

I buy new and drive cars a minimum of 15 years with perfect maintenance before I even consider selling. I don't have a problem with people buying used cars, but I'm beyond the financial cutoff where I need to do it. So I don't. I like being under warranty and I like knowing all service history.

If you lease with no intention to buy right after the lease, you're doing it wrong.

If you lease and have the intention to buy it right after, you're also doing it pretty wrong but it is okay.
Okay in the sense that it is basically a very long (9 year) finance plan. Also you're fucked if you crash it.

>PCP

Is there anything worse?

>Massive deposit
>Massive monthly payments
>Option to buy at the end
>Don't go over that mileage limit for 5 years though!!

It really depends on the sports car. I would never buy a higher end sports car because it's guaranteed to be trashed to hell and back.

Same with rent. Never rent.

>I buy new and drive a minimum of 15 years
How old are you? You've done that... Once?

I used to think this. Until I looked at how much money it takes to keep an old car running with good parts. And the time. And the frustration when it breaks.

Leasing has gotten so cheap, it's really the best option. Just an example. A maxima cost $259/month to lease.

That's $9,342 and I get a NEW car.

Or I could buy a used one for $5k. Spend a few grand fixing the shit. Belts, suspension, electronics, possibly new motor, gaskets, bushings etc. And it would constantly be in the shop. Or it would be a likely thing it would break down on me. I would still spend $6-$7k to get it up to snuff. And it would still be old and shitty. Then I could sell it for $4k by the time I put more miles on it and all the "new" parts I bought start to not be new any more.

A control arm with labor can run about $800 each. A new radiator of decent quality with labor another $600. Thermostat another $300. Brakes all the way around is another $400. Leaky head gasket on that 130k mile car, that will be another $2 grand. And you are STILL stuck with O'reillys parts and an old shitty car.

Keeping an old car running has gotten VERY expensive. Sure it's cheaper than buying a $50k car. But leasing is very cheap right now. There's some brand new leases that cost under $150.

You realize most wealthy people lease right? Most S classes, 7 series, Bentley's are all leased.

Nobody here factors in the maintenance and repairs on a used car.

$9,342 over three years**

It's true. Get a Civic hatch with turbo for 3 years. Play your cards right and it's yours for under $200 a month. Ride hard, return, repeat with a new car.

You can also do a buyback with that lease if you liked the car so much, so there's that too.

Hmm? Some people like getting a new car every few years, you know.

I would've laughed at the idea of anyone not driving their cars to the ground before getting a new one. Not making fiscal sense and whatnot.

But know what? If that's what you want, even though if you think rationally and that's not the best way to save money, if you want a new car every few years, it's not so bad. Not something I would do, but I understand it.

>not leasing a Dodge Viper

Only buy luxury sports cars, because their owners can afford the maintenance, and they actually give a shit about them before handing the lease in.

If first owner and not a lease- yes. Otherwise- fuck no.