Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfyeud94JnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=A7kPwxct1rk
twitter.com/HellPockets/status/875244130258960384
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

friendly reminder to preorder mvci's collector edition twice or you're responsable for the death of the genre

Why does everyone suck USF4's dick when it added the worst characters in sf4

Is ARMs the most Veeky Forums fighting game to ever exist?

Just think about it. Sure, in other fighters you're moving your arms around a little, especially if you're fiddling around on those things you call fightsticks, but ARMs quite literally opens up a new dimension: physical movement. Not only are you pressing traditional buttons, you're also physically exerting yourself each and every match via the incredibly precise punching. You see, with the revolutionary technology in the Joy-Cons ARMs not only detects motion in the X and Y axis, but also on the Z axis allowing for life-like accuracy. Nintendo truly went above and beyond what's expected of a traditional fighting game, it's unbelievable.
Players are going to get so ripped from ARMs they'll immediately standout at tournaments and the like. You could compare it to a squad of attractive NFL players walking around an anime convention. Stacys are going to flock to the ARMs section of every tournament in droves, the rest of the FGC might as well throw in the towel now since it won't even be a competition. Then once normies see how fit ARMs players get just from playing the game, it'll be Game Over for the rest of the FGC.

ARMs is going to be a cultural phenomenon the likes we haven't seen since SF2, perhaps even surpassing it. Because of the incredibly precise mechanics, I wouldn't be surprised to see the game birth a new Manny Pacquiao or Floyd "Money" Mayweather within a generation or two.

My kingdom for a sniff

but it added Juri

t. shigeru miyamoto

Except, no one gives a shit about the genre, just good games. Being a shit game does not get you a free pass just because of its genre.

anyone tryna be about that t7 life? psn east

>Capcom Animators

Gonna make a DBF combo video with this as the music once the game comes out

>psn east
hahahahah get a pc, kid

hmm need some edits, 2/10 not worthy of being a pasta or even a stale one

playblue

Wow guys! Just got done playing a few hours of MvC:I! This is a game that you should purchase. Spend your money on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

>/fgg/ will deny this

S N I F F B O Y S

Oreca Battle fightan when?

Not wrong, pretty much all of them had fucked up hitboxes too.
AE2012 a best, red focus was garbage too.

Killer Instinct needs players

No thanks, i'm good.

Sounds great bro! I'll be sure to preorder the Collectors Edition today!

fuck off kappa

Thanks, I think I'll do just that!
I can't wait until I get to play the game!
#marvelisback

derp post

You.

First.

W/me

Please

young peter looks like a serial killer

no wonder he's always wearing hats lmao

Friendly reminder that DBFZ will breathe new life into the FGC.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not interested in t7 butums?

you dont know shit about animation

Nether Realm are the worst offenders, this actually rocket raccoon follows some of the basic principles of animtion.

t.an actual animator

>An already revealed game that comes out a day after E3 versus a surprise reveal

I agree. SF4 was in its prime around the 2012/AE patch. The Ultra characters were cancer. Even considering that Ultra killed pure Vortex play, AE comes out ahead.

DELETE THIS

Blade Strangers on suicide watch then

>DBFZ already getting this much coverage and they haven't announced Broly and Bardock yet

So thinking about buying HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC off amazon for 166 bucks but I am wondering is it worth it? This is going to be my first arcae stick ever and this seems like a bit much is it worth it? Are they really that much better then a pad watching the injustice 2 tournament at r3today everyone in the finals used pads so I don't know any more. Any suggestions

Broly is always shit in these games though. He was always fast as fuck in the anime, but they make him super slow in the games so he just gets roflstomped.

Most of it is due to me needing to penny pinch until my onee-chan gets work, but I wasn't particularly hype for Tekken 7. Still want it tho

Where are my sniff bros at?

It's just a preference. It won't make you better at the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=xfyeud94JnQ

thread theme

>tfw love the monster hunter team
>tfw hate the fighting game team

>Skyrim that high when it's a 6 year old game and has been released 6 times.

>Metro Exodus almost tied with Minecraft

The true surprise here desu

STOP. STOP. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

filthy slut corrupting purest boy

it doesn't matter if he's viable or not since viability isn't a problem at a casual level
broly is still one of the most recognized character of the series in the US

What the don't tell you is that all the mentions are WE WUZ memes and negative reception because we're tired of Assinass Pleeb.

I have no idea how this is possible when they have an insider of the FGC on their team and multiple high level pros they can get feedback from easily.

I thought everyone was done with assassins creed

>follows some of the basic principles of animtion.

>Jump half a foot off the ground, does 4 backflips upwards to grab something that just falls into his hands from off-screen

How is does this look good, look cool, or even make sense.

It just looks silly and like they wanted to put some unnecessary filler in the original UMVC3 animation that just has the screen get dark as he picks it up from the side offscreen.

And the animation is janky and not fluid at all as it is stop motion levels of freezing the model and rotating it but only at like 12 FPS.

>going to get Skyrim 2 now
Fuck

How do I Zato, /fgg/?

I've been practicing him because he feels so different to me in neutral. Half the time I'm playing keep-away waiting for Eddy meter, and the rest of the time I'm trying to make an opening for buzz-saw themed corner rape.

and its still going to sell over a million copies.

Hammer Space

You're welcome.

Better view of the awards

>It just looks silly
>The conversation is about a bipedal talking raccoon that doesn't even know it's a raccoon.
not the user you're responding to by the way. It's pretty ugly. To many flips.

It's about time.

sniiiif

U WUZ PRUDY RYHT

Why is the gay furry unbeatable in NRS?

This is my wife.

REMEMBER TO BUY KOF14 ON STEAM AND SUPPORT FIGHTING GAMES ON PC

Hey, new to GG:

Which version do I pick so I don't have to buy another new patch or useless dlc? I'm confused with the prices....

>Guilty Gear Xrd Deluxe -REVELATOR- Deluxe + Rev 2 (All DLC included) All-in-One
>Guilty Gear Xrd Deluxe Complete (Deluxe)

Also, what is the -SIGN- version?

Jwong doing damage control on stream

You are a lucky man, user. This is my wife.

well the thing is, they are trying with this design and his weapons to make him seem like cartoony and more "uniquely weird cool" like he is in MCU. And his "realistic" design echos that.

They changed his spring to a big space bomb, all of his "trap" moves to being groot, his level 3 from a looney toons level air strike to a dramatic cutsscene combo with groot.

And yet in contrast to that they have him for no reason float in the air half a foot above the ground doing a fuckton of flips to grab something that looks like he just summoned out of thin air without any camera tricks or anything.

maybe thats true but you do realize no one can tell if its the gif you made or the animation itself.

assuming its the gif thats giving it the shit frame rate, its a good animation. its not supposed to be realisitic its a fucking raccoon, hes intentionally silly and cartoonish

What makes you think playing skill will translate into giving good feedback or designing good games?

No competition

>buying fighting games on PC without cross platform

I'd rather not have a pool of 10 players

Who is the highest IQ Goober?!

meeeeeee

But it doesn't come out of him, it just falls into his hands from above him, so trying to make the flipping look like he was concealing it is pointless.

Rev2 is the newest entry

SIGN is the first one

Just get the one that has Rev 2.
Sign is the first rendition of Xrd. Super outdated.

Do not buy SIGN

see for yourself at 2:20.

Its glaringly obvious

youtube.com/watch?v=A7kPwxct1rk

One of these depending on if you want the extra colors and shit from rev2 deluxe.
In my opinion the deluxe version is not worth it.

Stop thinking 4 chan is bigger then it really is.

youre nitpicking seriously

im not defending capcom for their shit game either

Thanks, guys.

This is the one you want, which is $45:
>Buy GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- (+DLC Characters) + REV 2 All-in-One (does not include optional DLCs)

The $60 Deluxe one only contains some colors and system voices, which are definitely not worth 15 bucks... unless you're really into annoying color palettes.

-Sign- was the first version of Guilty Gear Xrd. -Revelator- was the newer version of Xrd. Rev2 is the DLC update to -Revelator-. Hopefully they do DLC updates from now on, but there's no guarantee.

The DLC characters for -Revelator- are Kum and Dizzy, with Raven being unlockable in-game easily. Rev2 added Baiken and Answer.

Good luck fellow goober.

That shit is $145-150 on Amazon, don't get the Tekken edition. If you're going to practice and play then a stick is definitely worth it if you think you can't get any more out of a pad. Injustice and NRS games though people do just fine on pads. If you want a stick get one, the RAP4 is my first too and wish I would have gotten one sooner.

Get the

>Buy GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- (+DLC Characters) + REV 2 All-in-One (does not include optional DLCs)

The deluxe includes ugly colours and extra system voices. I don't think it's worth it.

Congrats user. She's a keeper.

twitter.com/HellPockets/status/875244130258960384

did players at e3 try to experiment more with dbfz snapback
it seems like the only way so far to have a new character enter without the transition that resets to neutral and you can do so out of a throw with no meter loss
are there some things that balance that out because it seems a particularly strong option

my scrub friend that's never played fighting games accused me of "mashing combos" when we played Tekken. How can someone even come up with bullshit like this?

NRS is pretty decent in IJ2.

you can switch in characters.
t.lolidontactuallyknow

Would that low key make the game better? Not being able to switch out the main? KoF Mechanics with Assist?

just buy the cheapest stick if you want to get a feel, I used the basic poverty version in sf4's release and had no problem

Don't you want this general to have a machine god, /fgg/? Aren't you tired of only speaking with meatbags?

I have that stick and I love it, but I also waited for it to go on sale and got it for ~110 bucks.

Is it "better" than pad? It all comes down to preference. There's one top North American Zato player who still plays on pad, and I don't think he'd get any better switching to stick. (Zato is a high execution character with lots of holding buttons and shit.) It all comes down to what you're used to. I sincerely think stick is more fun, though. It has a loose-yet-precise feeling to it that makes fightan more fun to play.

Lies.

please, tell us more

Because he does not know what is going on, and why its happening to him.