/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

You're all really bad at making new threads Edition

The Wait Continues Edition Part Deux
>Stormblood Launch Trailer
youtu.be/qBEvWWdKOBA

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5e1a319accdb6ec98b54ef82e35d22338cf55ce7
youtube.com/watch?v=Wn5dm7DJIuc
my.mixtape.moe/fjtvbz.ogg
youtube.com/embed/Zs-VLEKwQwI
youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY
youtube.com/watch?v=U7ForHMX-xs
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Transfer to Mateus.

come to gilgamesh

How do you tell if you have all the updates already? If it says the game is unavailable, does that mean I have everything?

When are servers coming back up?

Does the launch trailer spoil alot of shit?
I have yet to watch it

Join me on Siren!

Its ok!

No.

Yes. Servers come up at 2am PST.
No.

Eyup. It does.

Stay on balmung or transfer to Mateus?

redpill me on samurai

1. Download and install "Blippar"
2. Point Blippar at pic related
3. Load up your email/name or a fake one, it doesnt matter.
4. Get code, save it.

Any time you hit 3/3 codes, uninstall and reinstall Blippar.

Transfer, grab that Twintania mount.

It's your money and account, user. Do what you want. Make an alt on Mateus to see if you like it and go from there.

Monks who found some cool swords and really like flowers. Wooden clogs and ricepicker hats.

not much, just krile getting locked away and y'shtola getting fucking reemed by captain swordgolfbag

Derray BBC

I'm going to do all the sidequests and watch all the cutscenes

Medium single target and high AOE DPS with movement options to and from targets.

Kinda like MNK, but with a cool sword and no positionals. More resources to keep track of.

Who are you?!?

>STILL no barbute helmet with big ass horns that stick up high that is available to all tanks that everyone can use

Be sure you all transfer to Goblin so I can have friends.

They also have a ranged nuke.

Where can I read more about the benefits for the world transfer initiative?

Can't seem to find the news article on the Lodestone.

Odin helm.

Anyone else pre-order Stormblood from the Square Enix store? I ordered just now, was charged, got a confirmation number, and half an hour later still have no e-mail with the digital download code, and my account on the store website says I have no recent orders. Is it supposed to be instant?

Hey me too. I'm not in too big of a rush and I'm gonna take my time to explore the new stuff.

I can't wait for Stormblood to come out so that people can still only care about taking upskirt pictures of their characters and ERPing

BUT WHAT ABOUT GETTING YOUR MAIN TO 70 AND OBTAINING THAT FULL i290 SET?! B-BUT WHAT ABOUT MAKING ENOUGH GIL TO BUY THE CRAFTED i300 SET?! user?!

If you look at Abes reddit account, and Twitch account, you'll see hes not esl at all but can and does type in perfectly normal sentences like the rest of us

So I'm not sure what the act is all about

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

That's alot of work for a shitty food item.

Hot goobbue dick.

Here are the benefits they've noted.

Most interesting ones are at the bottom.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5e1a319accdb6ec98b54ef82e35d22338cf55ce7

someone be my sb friend on
Gilgamesh
we can swim together

Was talking about the site page that detailed incentives for players to switch off of the more popular worlds onto the newer ones, not about transferring in general.

Sorry if I wasn't clear!

Thanks!

im on gilgamesh ill be your friend

>reddit server
lol no

Last chance to get those job story theories in for RDM and SAM.

It's honestly one of a brand new class, seeing the stories and stuff. DRK 30-50 was my favorite and I'm hoping RDM and SAM are super cool.

What do you think they'll encompass? What about the 60-70 job stories for other classes?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wn5dm7DJIuc

I just started playing and I know fuck all about the lore aside from some cookie cutter hero of light bullshit and I am supposed to fight Ifrit. Does it get more interesting?

Soundtrack is dope though

my.mixtape.moe/fjtvbz.ogg
xth for /oursamurai/

So is red mage going to use black mage gear?

Is Dragoon's story good?

yes

The main story up until Heavensward is pretty ass aside from a few key points.

Heavensward story kicked it up a few notches and was pretty engaging, I liked it way more and it made a lot of the characters feel like real brothers in arms.

That one's a girl, silly cutelander.

Hit up sandspic you reddittard.

Yes, or DoM gear.

After you kill garuda.

Yes, they are classified as a caster.

The story's pretty boring for a while, picks up after like Titan or so, slows back down again after the first credits scene, then picks up sometime in between that period and the beginning of Heavensward and doesn't really stop.

OST remains pretty amazing too.

I have to work tomorrow at 5pm PST I'm guessing I can play at 2AM PST for 3hours before work?
Yes I will not get any sleep.

AST 60-70, dumb bitch gets kidnapped again.

That's fine I can deal with standard JRPG story tropes until it gets good during the second half of the game

>Dragoon
The 30-50 for Dragoon was kinda lackluster in ARR, but since Estinien is prominent in HW, it becomes retroactively better.

I think the 50-60 is okay only because you take on a mentorship role to another dragoon, but the overall plot is kinda weak.

However, I'm willing to bet the 60-70 is going it be fucking neat after seeing the Gaze of the First Brood stuff and how Nidhogg-y it is. I was pretty jealous of Estini-hogg in Final Steps of Faith.

Role reversal, she kidnaps a Doman stargazer.

30-50 yes, 50-60 was alright but nothing special. 60-70 evidently deals with dragon blood, possibly of Middy's brood based on the names of new abilities.

SAM is gonna be more generic wacky anime doman shit just like NIN. I'm fully expecting Rurouni Kenshin vibes and inspiration.

RDM has infinite possibilities honestly, difficult to tell whether it'll be good or bad, let alone what it could even be about.

RDM is shaping up to be really interesting given their lore about the refugee mages from those ancient magical kingdoms that were destroyed by the ancestors of today's Ul'dah leadership.

I wonder how they're going to allow the practice of red magic in the city since the UD council outlawed it's use centuries ago. The RDM story line will begin in UD, so it's going to be interesting to read about what happened to those old mages.

Scratch that I meant 5AM not PM.

It'll always be about you being a hero of light so if you don't like that just quit.

I got to ilevel 170 in Heavensward then quit. Should I come back for Stormblood?

I play alone

youtube.com/embed/Zs-VLEKwQwI

Is Lakshmi our girl?

Why do you play the game?

Not a meme question, it's just whether or not you should come back really depends on what parts of the game you enjoy.

PLEASE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME SOMEHOW!
I am simply in love with how Cyan inspired this incarnation of Samurai! We get Cyan, Auron, and FFXI SAM in one!

tfw no more items from Mug

this post tells nothing about what you enjoy, why you play the game, nothing. End all be all is basically: If you enjoy the game, play it. I don't know what you expect as an answer here

You'll have to pretend to be a traveling WHM by casting Vercure / Veraero / Verstone / Verholy and praying that people don't know the difference.

I'm more excited for RDM from a lore standpoint than SAM, even though I plan to play SAM.

I'm hoping SAM has some degree of nuance and stuff, but I'm not betting on it.

Nothing's confirm. It's just one song that has his theme incorporated in it.

Sounds meh then

Maybe Red Mage will be better

Doubt it, buddy. The servers will no doubt be a shit fest for possibly days after launch.

Anons
Give me 10 (you)s as reasons to get Stormblood.

I play a MCH with around 3mil gil, and an apartment in Mists.

GO GO GO

Not that guy, but there's a corner store a block from my house that sells these. I typically go there in the morning anyway to get juice or coffee. No reason not to for me

Did they say ANYTHING about the FC transfers other than that they'd have the option for it? Any additional information at all?

>unsubbed 2 years ago
>come back
>mogstation says my account is steam
>I have never played the game through steam in my life, only the square launcher
>presumably cant redeem my GMG code for Stormblood because of it

uhh?

what's your name

how do i edit my files so this is on every samurai skill

youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

Well when is the servers suppose to come back online?

Its time for lewd ffxiv cats again

I'm hoping SAM questline can deliver on the protecting the weak and all that cliche stuff in even a half decent way because PLD sure as hell didn't.

I also hope MNK's 60-70 quest can stay more consistently good. 30-50 was boring up until a rad final fight. 50-60 had a cheesy kung fu movie vibe which I liked but it felt even more rushed than most 50-60 quests and while the final battle was also pretty cool it also involved you doing everything by yourself more or less which was especially bad since it directly conflicted with the 'muh friends and brothers' theme that the questline was trying to utilize. I already have MSQ to masturbate the WoL.

I hate all the songs with vocals in this game. So fucking bland.

Isn't it just a whole 1% more EXP boost over normal food? I don't really care for sugary breakfast things most of the time.

Do you have your sound effect macros ready for SAM?

So, what are the best job/class quests in the game?

Details are still being worked out, which makes sense, since transferring an entire FC has likely never been on SE's radar of things they needed to make possible.
Only reason they're doing it is because of how much congestion there is, it's basically an emergency at this point, and likely the only way to get a lot of people out of the high pop servers.

My idea is that you end up training under a master, learning the art of Bushido until you find out your master's actually evil or some horseshit so you go ronin and beat his ass in the level 80 job quest.

The world would honestly be a better place if you were dead.

The only lewd cats I want to see are catboys trying to seduce cute hyurs.

I almost hope it goes the opposite route and you're reminded that whatever you want to protect, in the end, you have to remember that your blade is for killing.

Spot the hero!

WHERE'S THE PATCH NOTES YOSHI

It's just a colossal pain in the ass being a leader wanting to move the whole group and having to deal with absolutely no information and having EVERYTHING last minute.

So MGR?

youtube.com/watch?v=U7ForHMX-xs

Is there a better theme in the game?

I thought there was supposed to be a job patch notes reading today at 7pm EDT?

If it's not till tomorrow that's fucking retarded when people will already be playing by then...

DRK 30-50 is universally heralded as the best in the game, and very few would argue with that. It's actually pretty genius.

Everything else is more or less generic. I enjoyed the NIN questline a bit because it felt like a giant episode of old Naruto. CNJ, ACN and SCH had their moments too.

Hello everyone! If you didn't hear already Soft and Silk have merged. Serys will be leading while Moni has accepted to back down as just an honorary officer. We're super excited to finally make this happen and we're happy to let everyone know that we are open for anyone that lacks an fc for SB.

We have several group assignment to people who volunteered to be gatherers, crafters and many other roles to help with people getting into SB and having fun as a group! I know many people also are talking about making groups to run content so you'll find no hardship in finding help along the way in SB's msq and other content.

If you wish to join just hit up Serys or Moni.

>some retard fucked up my OP setup

Fucking shitcocks need to not touch things if they're not going to do it right.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac
here

Spot the ERPer

Will Tri-Bind srill have no use? Even in AoE you wanna use Ruin III to proc IV.

tri bind has always been great in pvp