Need to make existing V8 smaller to fit in more cars

>need to make existing V8 smaller to fit in more cars
>place timing components at the back of the engine as a last-ditch effort
>end result still ends up longer, wider, taller and heavier than a truck motor cast in aluminum that displaces 1.5 times as much
Was it audism?

>need to make existing v8 smaller to fit in more cars
>uses 1930s technology instead of just using a turbo on a smaller engine

>german "engineering"

How about not making LS shitposting threads? Could we do that? Is it that hard for your attention-starved brain?
>assmad Audi fangirl detected
I drive pushrod Fords.

I just think it's hilarious that a tiny 4.2 liter making barely 340hp is larger and heavier than a fucking truck engine.

Because hp is more than just displacement. It's cams, compression, CFM, injectors, valve springs, etc, all that shit. Stop being silly on purpose.

That's the best part, this thing was supposed to be a "performance" engine.

For an early 2000s or whatever engine that's not bad at all, especially N/A.

40 valves, 4 cams, 4 chains, all aluminum block and heads, only to barely make as much power as a fucking stock, 2 valve per cylinder, pushrod, truck engine.
And the 4.2 is bigger and heavier than the pushrod 6.2, too.

they are dead serious about that spring

My friend has a beautiful b6 s4 with a boat anchor motor. He has been searching for months for a donor motor but every single person with that s4 has a fuckin 100k mile shell and a blown motor. I'd say dozens actively looking

Any genuine GM swaps are not fucking doable. If you could throw in an LS motor like in a BMW then the s4 shell would be great. He was given the car free and now he is starting to see why lol.

I hate the power per displacement meme. Why do European insurance companies have to penalize cars for having high displacement, when power would be a much better measure?

engines like the 3800 would still be relevant if they were made out of aluminum.

Is that the engines oil pan?

you need to understand that;
volkswagen is the father of the family, basic but still pretty tough since he was a nazi.
porsche is the son that was to young for action in ww2 but is hitlers ayran ubermensch, also secretly into th SS.
audi was all the retarded cousins that took too much shrapnel and needed grandpa to help them out, grandpa didn't realize the cousins were all fucking each other, the result being the autist untermensch that is modern audi.
seat are the descendants of Franco, and skoda is the remnants of the Sudetenland

Eeyup.

What the fuck???

>porsche is the son that was to young for action in ww2
Fucking retard.
The retardry of Porsche's wartime designs eclipses anything modern Audi ever got up to.

Holy shit nigga i mean i guess that probably works well enough but it looks funny af.

so this is the beauty of germen enginerring i keep hearing? lmaoing

>drive shaft going through the spring