>big car
>smallest engine
>being a eurocuck

why not 530i?

i can understand avoiding the v8s but surely you'd want a higher specced 6cyl

Good car if you want the best balance of cheapness/gas mileage/comfort

if it's the facelift 520i it's okay.
pre facelift 520i is painfully slow

I live in Austria mate, we have HP tax thanks to the Green/Red Jews.

So nope to the big engines.

just get a twingo

best car ever

get car
chip car
profit

fucking love this car but I have the 530d

Not the fastest, but decent
Somewhat high fuel consumption due to small engine and large car.
Much more reliable than the diesel counterparts.

You more on gas but far less on maintainance. The diesel is more economical but much more expensive to maintain.

Just get the facelift model.

if for me the 530d prefacelift does 7.4l/100 how would I do on the 530 facelift?

would flooring it be super wasteful on the gasoline model?

my facelift 525d touring automatic does 5.8l/100km on highways and 7.8l/100km in city

flooring it usually explodes the fuel consumption on NA petrol models.

How would you rate cost of maintenance of E39 530i vs E90 330i, Veeky Forums?

E39 is a lot older and E90s are coming down in price.

E9x parts will probably cost a little more but either way it won't be a big deal, NA bmw I6's are bulletproof. The e39 probably has less electrical bullshit and sensors that could fail though.

Wrong. I own an e39 and this is very wrong. Every single 20 year old piece of plastic is going to break, the steering wheel is probably peeling, the window regulators are going to shit the bed without w doubt, and you are going to replace suspension and cooling system parts. However, they're incredibly reliable and comfortable. I have a 98 528i that I've driven 20k miles in the last year all with my left rear sway bar end link broken off because the bracket sheared off. Oh, the seats will twist and fail at some point, your sunroof probably leaks and it is incredibly slow. The 520i is going to be dogshit slow, even when flooring it

I drove an 02 530i for years and never encountered any of these issues. Bad luck I guess? That's pretty strange. But yeah the 520i is way too weak for how heavy it is, 525i is much better.

delet dis

buy a big engine and just get good insurance without any useless shit. dont get cucked by the green faggots, they are done for anyways now. and so are the red pieces of shit.

stop letting your government cuck you. buy at least the 530i.

Thanks for the meme, but paying HP tax is something you have to pay, it's tax mate.
It's a law, if you don't pay you go to jail!

Welcome to the (((EU)))

dude i am from Austria, i drove a 4 liter engine untile recently. the HP part is small. if you want an old car anyways, go back one or two generations and get something you can register as an oldtimer.

Dude the oldtimer thing doesn't exist here anymore, go check it.

Also the only way you could get a 4l engine car would be, if you would buy a oil crisis v8 with less than 170 HP.

either buy a good car with a good engine or just buy a shitty economy car with a small engine and live with it since you can't afford better.

>HP tax
>So nope to the big engines
it can't be that bad user we have displacement based tax in germany as well and no one really cares
>checks austrian tax calculator
>520i (110kW) 649.44€/yr
>530i (170kW) 1189.44€/yr
holy fuck you truly are being cucked and jewed out of your money
guess that's what happens when you have zero domestic auto industry lobbying your parliament
for reference german tax rates are
>520i (1991cm3) 135€/yr
>530i (2979cm3) 202€/yr

202 euros per year for 530i?
fuck, we are paying 174 euros per year here and the average wage is like 500 euros per month
at least the insurance is kinda cheap, about 200€ per year.

>at least the insurance is kinda cheap, about 200€ per year.
That'd be about 800 per year here if you are young and haven't been driving since WW2 or something. But yes, as far as car ownership goes Germany is less bad than most EU countries.

well in romania the system's even more retarded
2 l engines cost about 180 lei which is roughly 40 euros, while 3 l engines cost about 400 euros.

i think than engine volume wankery is obsolete in this day and age but it pisses me off that politician new auto taxes each month cause muh enviorment when we literally have not heard of it around here and they steal from the public budget to build escobar-tier palaces

Zuverlässiger Wagen
Einziges Problem was kommen könnte ist der Rost und Elektronik
Jedoch langsam weil schweres Auto und kleiner Motor
Verbrauch etwas hoch
Wenn ich du wäre, würde ich mir lieber einen BMW E46 oder Ford Mondeo kaufen

E39 hat aber durchaus Stil

und LoL
das ist ja nicht normal wie viel Geld die in Österreich von euch wollen.

Ich hab ein 200 PS Coupe und zahl 180 € im Jahr Steuer

Unser system ist Kommunismus light.
Ich mein sie dir inser wappen an, was erkennst du dort?

Okay....ich hab AfD gewählt. Wie steht's in Österreich mit der FPÖ?

In Deutschland herrscht auch Kommunismus light.

die nennen das dann soziale Marktwirtschaft. SPD "soziale Gerechtigkeit"

jeder der was leistet kann ja auch was abgeben und wer mehr leistet kann ja auch mehr abgeben...

je mehr Lohn du hast je mehr musst du prozentual davon abgeben