/eog/ EVE Online General

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

eve-offline.net/
zkillboard.com/kill/61780787/
zkillboard.com/kill/62851107/
zkillboard.com/kill/60917087/
zkillboard.com/kill/62373364/
zkillboard.com/kill/61978368/
zkillboard.com/kill/56878205/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how rare are these lucrative contracts? i've been thinking about becoming a space trucker but everyone tells me that it's a bad idea and i'll never make real isk

Super size buff when?

I find lucrative ones like that every day or two just by hanging out in Jita and the Haulers Channel. And between doing those you can typically make 1m/jump doing others which, considering you can average around a minute per jump, rivals VNI ratting in null.

If you can fly a JF and have a cyno alt, you could probably make a lot of money price gouging renter corps

So it's similar to my fit.

[Impel, asdfgh]
Corpus X-Type Armor EM Hardener
Damage Control II
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Imperial Navy 800mm Steel Plates
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Corpum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Nanite Repair Paste x309

Yep, almost exactly.

>Afterburner but no MWD
You realize you can cut your align time in half by single-cycling an MWD, right?

I thought an AB did that as well?

Which t3d, /dog/?

hecate

Confessor

So who got or is getting the new frigate book?

What's the differences between the empires? I just started playing the game because of a /v/ thread and I'm having a whole lot of fun.

Jackdaw

There are both lore and gameplay differences.

Lore:
Amarr: Biggest empire, slave-owners and highly religious.
Minmatarr: Former slaves of the Amarr. Made their own empire after escaping.
Gallente: Democratic libertarians with a huge entertainment industry and lots of debauchery.
Caldari: Formerly part of the Gallente empire, broke off in a civil war, their society is very militaristic and ruled by corporations.

Gameplay:
Amarr: Mainly use lasers and tank (increasing your ship's defensive capabilities) via armor, some of their ships use missiles or drones. Typically the slowest ships but the tankiest.
Minmatarr: Typically the fastest ships but also the squishiest, they mostly use projectile turrets which don't use capacitor to fire and have a good range of damage types to exploit weaknesses in your opponents' tank. Can be shield or armor tanked but typically lean toward shield. A few of their ships use missiles as well.
Gallente: Typically armor-tanked and specialize in drones and hybrid turrets. Drones are small ships you can launch up to 5 of at a time and give commands to (think pet classes in other MMOs) and hybrid turrets use capacitor to fire and are either very short range but high damage (blasters) or very long range but low damage and tracking (railguns)
Caldari: Typically shield-tanked, they specialize in missiles and hybrid turrets. Missiles don't require capacitor to fire and can't miss but do less damage to smaller/faster targets.

svipul

Thanks man

I'm interested, what faction do you prefer? I just did Caldari because I liked the megacorp idea but I'd like to hear other people's motivations.

I picked Gallente when I started playing as I'm not a big fan of authoritarianism and enjoyed the idea of drone ships as I enjoyed pet classes in other MMOs such as the Necromancer classes in Diablo 2 and Guild Wars 1. However now that I've played the game a while and have trained into every faction's ships and weapons I fly ships from every faction.

I just got my first killmark after a month of welping ships.

lol

Post killmail.

[03:20:27] Athena Jin > so i meant to warp my ceptor the gate and accidently warped the bus

>"ANOOON! YOU'VE BEEN IN THIS CORP FOR TWO MONTHS NOW BUT YOU HAVEN'T JOINED A SINGLE FLEET AND ARE NEVER ON COMMS!"
>"I'm sorry, I'm always busy with my newborn twins and I can only spare 5 minutes here and there to play EVE."
>"O-oh ok, real life comes first of course. I remember when my kids blah blah blah"
>tfw your twins are two rorqs

Jokes on you. You can't talk to me if I'm never on comms.

>Real life comes first
>tfw no NEET corp where everyone's on 24/7

>"NO. YOU CANNOT PAY YOUR PAPSTRAPS WITH ORE"

So is CCP killing the game or is it reddit being whiny?

It's panfam/darkness whining about no ''''content''' because they bullied everyone away when the south has 1 huge battle every week and 23/7 smallscale action in catch

>440 plex (+60 FREE!)

CCP are really nice, they've been giving away FREE PLEX for a while now.

Are servers down for anyone else?

eve-offline.net/

Nope

I'm mining right now

What's the best nullsec ore to mine?

No cherrypicking!

>get killed in a scanner astero with a skin in the hold
>-4B killmail

well their goes any dreams I had of ever having a positive killboard

[email protected]
someone refer me

>not using your rorqs for hot-dropping brave newbies

Doomchinchilla would be spinning in his shallow grave.

That's what you get for being a solo-playing cuck

>implying

>stop playing just after blood raider sotiyo introduced
>come back
>apparently everything is ruined
I've gotten the super negative rundown on what I missed. Someone give me the positive, upbeat version that makes me want to play this game again.

>blood raider soityo NPCs buffed
>no more ceptor loot fest because it drops a lockbox so you actually need to hold the grid to get the loot
>ghost training exploit bannable
>carrier PVE got a slight nerf
>anoms will get adjusted to make super ratting riskier
>pirate faction BPC drop rate lowered
>10/10 escalation rate from anoms lowered
>incoming t3c balance will shake up doctrines
>slight rorq nerf but they're still good
>rorqs will move around now instead of sitting in one system all day

My goal has been to make a plex + a couple hundred million a month from T3 manufacturing on one account. Is this still doable?

>Someone give me the positive, upbeat version that makes me want to play this game again.

Nothing really changed and the amazing moments of this game are still there.

Just to be clear, my primary interests are the industry/economy side of things. PvP is nice, but I treat it as pretty much a fancy way to throw away T1 frigates.

No idea what margins are like now, you might not want to stockpile Tengus because a thousand nullbears might sell their DED running boats.

sorry stunt i didnt know your vagina was bleeding

>'do something to make it riskier to rat in carriers'
What did they mean by this? Are anoms gonna be cyno-jammed?

Anyone care to explain the 500mn MWD on caps? What exactly makes it align faster with that and how is it achieved?

What's the best way to make PI bux? Lotsa t2 or setting up t5 shit like wetware?

Is there any point to force recons beside decloak, scram + web and cyno?

p4 and buying inputs or getting suckers to produce them for you by running a buyback

Protip: 39 / 75-150 votes criticizing your progression system *in a sandbox* is a problem.

it's the same as doing it on a battleship but less effective. you turn it on and your max speed goes up and you start accelerating faster. if you leave it on you won't align faster, but when it turns off your max speed returns to normal, and you are more aligned than you would be without using the mwd. on caps it's broken desu ccp needs to fix

Omen
800mm Steel Plates II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Focused Medium Beam Laser II

I should probably sleep

Why is armour tanking a thing? It makes your align time horrible.

Back when everyone but PL was bad at EVE they stomped some shitty alliances with armor Zealots. It only worked because scorch was op but people still think armor tanking is good when it's just a meme. Smaller sig does nothing if you bring a Vigil and even BS guns track armor cruisers just fine.

Fuck off its not broken any ship can do it

You're really fucking retarded

Armor tanking is significantly better than shield tanking. Make me a shield tank ship that gets more tank than an armor. A pimp fit meta machariel can get 400k ehp and a rattlesnake can barely get above 200k. Hell a fucking raven or roll can't come anywhere near an abaddon tank

no, most ships cannot half their align time with a ~0 fitting propulsion mod

you're both retarded

>no, most ships cannot half their align time with a ~0 fitting propulsion mod
All the battleships can reduce their align from 12+ seconds to as low as 8

It only works on capitals that have an inertial stabilizer and supers that have 3 inertial stabilizers

But please tell me about the capital ships that got away because you couldn't lock it and point it in 8-10 seconds

>prioritizing EHP over speed and DPS to the point where you can barely even move
>when kiting, shield-tanking missile ships are the meta and wreck everything slower than them

>you're both retarded
Not an argument faggot

You can't bring active hardener shield tanks to a fortizar bash. You'll get neuted out and die.

Armor tanking will give you significantly more tank. Large shield extenders are shit compared to 1600mm

No one uses shield battleships in fights. Rattlesnakes are still slow as fuck and will just get alphad by arty machariels that have literally double their tank

Yeah, but have fun hitting Caracals and Orthruses with that artillery and its terrible tracking.

TRI, TC, Red Alliance/Dream Fleet, TEST, Proviblock, Space Violence have recently used shield BS doctrines.
Machs are used because citadels are fucking broken,because bombs are gay and because shield slaves aren't ingame yet but that's about it.

>machariels vs rattlesnakes

>hurricane enjoy tracking orthruses

*webs and neuts you with huginn and shit*

Do you have some fits to post? I'm curious about which ships are used besides the nightmare.

>armour tanking
>takes forever to burn to anything, takes forever to align
>lower DPS
>actually more vulnerable to bombs than shield tankers, because they don't have the speed to clear the blast zone
>still defended by "muh EHP' fags
Caldari Master Race. Missiles and ECM FTW.

The actual benefit of armor is the sig radius.
Shield mods give you sig radius penalties and when you're going around heavily shield buffer tanked, those things stack up.

Also, fagdari ships are slow as shit. Shield tanking doesn't make them any less slow.

zkillboard.com/kill/61780787/
zkillboard.com/kill/62851107/
zkillboard.com/kill/60917087/
zkillboard.com/kill/62373364/
zkillboard.com/kill/61978368/
zkillboard.com/kill/56878205/

Lower base speed? Yes
Slower when properly tanked compared to almost any armour tanking ship? No.
And the Caracal + a few other Caldari missile ships are quite fast for their size.

Ah the days of triple plate Abaddons

You mean quad plate.
It's still a thing.

Armor stronger when facing nuets

Why does noone use arty abaddons vs citadels? aren't they basically like shittier, cheaper machs?

With none of the advantages of the mach? Sure.

>cheaper
>more EHP
>capless guns
>damage doesn't matter because damage cap
>almost bomb immune

>almost bomb immune
Wut? all bs are vulnerable to bombs, just a bit less than shield fleets

Because machs are better and cheap as shit.

Moros buff when

>All the battleships can reduce their align from 12+ seconds to as low as 8

using mwd on a battleship for warping will reduce its align time to maybe 11-12s. down from I think the slowest battleship align times are probably 13-14s. relatively it's a very small improvement, and on many battleships it's not even a thing. it's only useful for being a faggot with a cloak, which should be fixed pls ccp

>But please tell me about the capital ships that got away because you couldn't lock it and point it in 8-10 seconds

please tell me about how substantially reduced travel time on the most powerful and "slow" ships in the game doesn't break anything

>all fights involve fortizars

not an argument kys

>damage doesn't matter

Heavy assault Battleship when

>Paladin

>using mwd on a battleship for warping will reduce its align time to maybe 11-12s.
No it reduces it to 8

A mwd cycle is as low as 8 seconds you always get into warp in that time if you do a mwd trick.

The only time you align faster it's with a faster aligning ship like a machariel

>pleaae tell me how having some gimped fit carrier is able to travel ever so slightly faster isn't broke

It's not a fucking problem you mongoloid. If you really have a hard time pinning a traveling carrier because you're whining about a 500mn mwd trick you're fucking delusional

Now tell me about that carrier you couldn't tackle because it jumped a gate and got away because it did an 8 second mwd trick between gates. Man you must be so thirsty for content because of all those dreads getting away from you

mwd cycle time is 10s retard, I added 1-2s to that because your computer is not tranquility

>It's not a fucking problem you mongoloid

yes it is. they are supposed to have a particular align time. you can't just reduce it massively and then say it's all fine. they already shit all over battleships in every other way

>Man you must be so thirsty for content because of all those dreads getting away from you

you must be "thirsty" (?) for good arguments

>WH living
>HS hole opens up
>Only a few jumps from jita
>Sit on hole with stealth bomber
>Already have 2b in dropped loot from industrial ships trying to haul shit

It's like ratting with considerably less effort.

>2b in dropped loot

You don't have to pretend those skins are worth something, we know they aren't.

No you're fucking retarded. I can do it on a battleship I can do it on a carrier.

If not for the mwd trick then I can just use a web alt that desu is significantly faster than a mwd trick

Then again you seem to be so short sighted and you whine about literal non issues

>you can't just reduce it massively and then say it's all fine
Yea it is fine I do it all the time moving my jump freighter through highsec

By our powers combined, we are a massive faggot?

>decide to try some FW
>Realize I have a week+ more skills to train just to fly an alpha frigate
I didn't want to play anyways.

>mfw my rhea has a sub 4s align because of my triple web hyena

Go mine or do something to fund the frigs you're going to be losing in generous amounts.