Honda Preludes

How do you feel about them?

Ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

Nostalgia made shitmobiles like crx's, Mazda 323's, even neons age like wine, cars that were never good but look better through rose tinted glasses.

Prelude is the opposite, it was remembered like the neon baseball cap and windbreaker track suit... cool at the time, but looking back what the fuck was wrong with us?

Fwd :/

I own a 99 automatic in white with 147k miles. I've had it for three years, and it hasn't given me any major problems. The water pump and timing belt had already been replaced before I bought it. I've just had to do standard maintenance and replace consumables like tires and brake pads. Supposedly the automatics will grenade their transmission eventually, but I don't know if that's true or just a meme. They seem to be growing in popularity lately, probably because they've been cheap.
I think the styling on the 5th gens has aged better than most cars from that time. The 3rd gen looks like ass, but you can't even find those or the 4th gens anymore really. The only real complaint is that it's a fwd sports coupe with no V6 option despite being based on the Accord which had a V6.

It was like a cheap, economical GT car with decent handling. Effectively made obsolete by the Accord coupe

Gen 5 Prelude looks better though. I hate how so many cars post-2000 look like fat shoes.

Its a car for the Guy who wants a BMW but can only afford a Civic.
The Prelude is a perfect "first sports car"

Honda Prelude is reachable for a 20 - 24 dude

they were kind of forgotten but now they are coming back.

only problem is the automatic or the 4WS System

VTEC is a class of his own.

I have one but only cause i couldnt afford/financr an e90 BMW

bought mine (black built in 2000) for about 4000 $

I've always wanted a third gen one simply because I liked the way it looks, Its one of those cars that if I come across a nice one, and I have space and money I would want to pick it up but won't go out of my way for.

What is a fair price for a 3rd gen prelude? They look pretty nice. How reliable are they?

good luck finding one in decent condition

Ok, what would be a fair price for one in okay to poor condition?

3rd gens were great because popups. mechanical 4ws and nostalgia... otherwise meh

Honda really should have made Prelude RWD as they already had a strong FWD line-up with Civics and Accords and Prelude, at least in my eyes, looks and feels like a car that should be RWD.

i'd make room for one in my 20 car garage, but not my 10 or 5 car one.

What do you Hondafags think of the 99 accord seden? I'm looking at the shitbox for my sisters first shitbox but I know fuck all about jap cars and fwd.

I love you.

4th gen is the only one that looks decent. They're also extremely slow.

Basically a poor man's Celica.

You do realize preludes are faster and lighter than celicas..right?

I almost pull the trigger on one but fucking 12-13L in the city is a no-no in my book, especially for 2L engine.
3rd gen looks great
4th is decent looking
5gen looks bad

i had 1998 prelude and it was the best car I had: strong engine, sleek design, never had a problem.

Love my boosted 5th gen. One of the most underrated cars ever made. probably the best overall fwd sport coupe of that era.

kys

>probably the best overall fwd sport coupe of that era.
How is that possible when the ITR exists

because the ITR is barely even a production car. did it even have a radio or power windows? and even then, stock for stock, an SH would probably perform the same if not better.

ITR is the only real argument so i see your point, just my opinion. Ive driven ITRs and they just feel like an integra gsr with 20 more horsepower.

What year are we In? 2003?

yeah it makes me sick they didnt do it. even looks rwd...just has the stance.

heres to hoping a 6th gen comes out someday and they do it right.

They are timemachine. Will kick e36 and e46 ass. Best VTEC with S2000

>How do you feel about them?
Preludes are for people who want a civic, but don't want to be seen in a civic.

Jokes on you, I have a basic civic for everyday duties and I'm currently looking at Preludes as a possible fun car

>tfw gonna buy a 1999 prelude for $2500 in a few weeks and this describes me perfectly

oh jeez thats me

2nd gen best gen?

You mean the greatest car of all time?

$2500 after haggling. Needs minor things, almost entirely unmolested besides the paint
Oh god the paint.
And these shit ass rims

I have a buddy who has a 3rd gen with an H swap and it's pretty sweet. He says they're rare enough to get some good attention at meets too

Yours is rusty shit
How can someone be so wrong?

I see absolutely no reason at all to get this car, I really don't. The accord is far better and it has none of the pros of a civic, plus there are far better options for fwd coupes in that price range. My neighbor has one and it makes the most fucked up sound I have ever heard a car make in my life. Sounds like a fucking lion gasping for it's last breaths or something. I would want to fucking kill myself if I owned one of these cars.

agreed

Not enough bhp.

Pigfat

Prelude is no featherweight, but it isn’t accordfat.

Also, prelude has multilink front and rear. After 05 I think, accord is all McDonald’s

H22’s Love superchargers.

Just sayin

The Accord coupe from the same time only had 15lbs more in curb weight.

Hardly a damn difference.

>fwd
>gt car

>best fwd sports coupe of that era
>best piece of garbage in the garbage can

looks cool
comf interior

surface rust can be fixed my friend