>male
>19 (i think)
>from india
>live in Ontario, Canada
>working at jobs like Wendy's/Tim Horton's
>own's a 2014 V6 Challenger
>no driving school history
>pays $250 CAD ($200 USD) for insurance a month

what is this fucking sorcery, how is this even fucking possible? He's a a 19 year old male with a 40 grand ish sports car and he's paying dirt cheap for insurance. I know people who drive normie cars that are half as cheap who have gone to driving school (that brings your insurance down) and they pay at least $100 CAD more than him.

the insurance company didnt want to be rude to a poc

>250 CAD
>Cheap
Meanwhile in weedland a golf 3 costs me 20 yuros (23.5 USD) to insure at 20 years despite it being the official boiracer car here. The only thing exorbitantly expensive is buying a brand new car

That car's worth 700 yurobucks at most though.

>what is this fucking sorcery, how is this even fucking possible?

maybe told a few lies to his insurance company?

>V6
>3800 lbs+

Sports car

" "

I'm sure the insurance company would consider it one,

4000 in my country because of boiracers adding memetax to gti's. Newer cars are cheaper to insure often due to having safety systems and black boxes.
But yes it's barely worth to take full insurance here, only legal responsibility

>4000 in my country because of boiracers adding memetax to gti's
Hilariously, you can find Passats with the same drivetrain for sub-1k all day long.

Correct, but the only cars acceptable as an ff is a hatch. If you're going for a 1k sedan you might as well get an opel omega b or a volvo 740/940 and have an fr, and also don't deal with VAG

I'll have you know a 2.slow B4 Passat is a pretty damn godlike shitbox. Dead simple, decent fuel economy, tons of room inside (especially the wagon).

Probably insured it in Caledon or his parents are registered as the primary drivers

I don't doubt that, and the I'm guessing the parts are cheaper than the ones I mentioned.
For the volvos, their 2.3 8v turbo engines are lacking for their size, but they're torque as fuck, no noticeable turbo lag or gap and don't give a crap about being gunned. They're also pretty lightweight and have decent enough handling if you replace the springs and shocks with stiffer ones.
The opel omega b with the right engine are surprisingly reliable, 2.0 16v n/a is good as far as I know. My father has a diamond edition which is basically both luxury as sport package in one. The handling is exactly that, you can go much faster than other cars over a bump, but also faster through a corner. It has a bit of a tendency for oversteer, but that's half the fun and not noticeable during normal driving.
Both run perfectly fine on lpg too, so they're cheaper to drive than my golf if you make enough miles.

I had a Charger SRT8 from 2010 and that was $150 a month with full coverage.

I'm paying 313$ for Memebaru

torontofag here, how does one shop around for insurance
>03 rsx 267$/mth
>02 impreza wagon 237$/mth

Easiest wat to get cheap insurance is to not be a young male in Toronto

It's Asian privilege.

not really, they know v6 challengers are slow

God I've been wanting to buy a car for a long time and I've even been saving up and I recently got my license, however I've never bothered actually checking insurance rates for myself and oh my god I am horrified. Not buying a car until I'm fucking 30 and financially secure.

Its because the insurance rates are typically based on how many accidents that particular car/trim have been in. Theres gotta be what like 3 people in NA that bought a v6 challenger so its hard to imagine that a lot of them got into accidents; so the insurance company deems it a fairly low risk investment.

The insurance on my Charger goes up $30/month if i upgrade from a v6 to a hellcat. Shits retarded anyway you look at it.

i live in ontario also
06 ninja650 is 75 a month
08 klr is 65
10 caravan is 110
07 accord is 110
99 accord is 75

a good driving record and cheap to insure cars = cheap insurance

mine didn't.
$170 with a second car and only 21
its a coupe and thats why its worth a little more on insurance
also he mentions the guy is foreign so that probably plays a role.

he's got that shitskin hookup

Auto agent here.
the reason its so cheap is because its the v6 platform.
when we see that is the v6 challenger we treat it like a charger with two doors.
now if you were to bump up the trim level from the v6 then that's when it goes sky high.
surprising though the hellcat charger is worth more than the hellcat challenger haha

Ontario
>mandatory inspection
>expensive insurance

Quebec
>no inspection unless its obvious that your car has any suspension mods
>cheap liability insurance because of "no fault" and the government taking care of wounds and deaths
>cant sued or get sued if you are involved in an accident
>suspension mods and kit cars are virtually illegal
>displacement taxes for engine with more than 3.9l of displacement
>shitty roads
>cant sue or get sued if you involved in a road accident
>25 year import law for RHD
>"extreme baby killing assault" liter bikes cost like $1k a year to register.

Just gas people who commit insurance fraud.

You're getting a massive discount because you or your daddy's company has a deal with the insurance company, it's the same way you get cheap health insurance. Consider yourself VERY lucky. I know someone that paid less than 30 weedtokens to insure TWO cars (1.4L and 1.8L). He lives in the randstad just like me, and I pay 114 euro's for a 1.6L

>just got motorcycle learners
>Buy CB400 (sits right the the top of LAMS Power/weight)
>Have lost licence before for speeding
>Pay $380/year for full comprehensive plus gear coverage
Feels good

insurance doesnt cost mutch is the car is a worthless crap.

I just checked and it's 978€ for a twingo wtf

Based on statistics. Most young kids can't afford or are priveledged enough to drive "sports" cars, meaning the get into less crash and therefore the rates stay lower

>UK
>Golf 1.4 *crying*
>19 years old
>1 year no claims
>1.1k a year 100 poounds month
XD

Fuck this country not only that police harasses me all the time driving behind me and shit because It's all blacked out on coilovers

>If you're going for a 1k sedan you might as well get an opel omega b or a volvo 740/940

Or like W202 or W124