/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
-Luma 8.0 introduces many NTR-like features such as screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
↳This Luma update requires boot9strap 1.2. See guide for details updating new or existing installations. 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
-Recent bans singled out hacked consoles preventing online play, use of the Friend List, YouTube, Hulu Netflix, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. This is easily reversed and not an NNID ban.
↳You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned, but be prepared for Nintendo to ban these from time to time as well. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>Vita
-HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
-Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

www23.zippyshare.com/v/lyKKEgwb/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

Delete this thread, you forgot the dates on the news you stupid faggot.

Stop riding cocks.

Delete yourself you worthless faggot.

Dates are bloat.

Holy shit user it will be okay.

you are

Or we could just you know use the thread that's already up.

What's Sciresm?
Oh shit, maybe I'm still on a9lh. How do I check this? It's been a while since I installed CFW

Maybe we could if it wasn't complete shit, OP. Try to make proper threads instead of being an autistic retard.

What's the difference between the regular and the SciresM version?

>What's Sciresm?
SciresM is a master troll. He posts with the trip !t.3fxzeyWo (filter it).

The SciresM version doesn't randomly crash for no actual reason.

SciresM is our only weapon against Tux and Aurora's misconduct.

>What's the difference between the regular and the SciresM version?
One works and the other is a steaming pile of shit.

>deleted

alright here's enso.

after i installed i had an issue where i couldnt launch any applications at all when my memory card was inserted. cause for that is unknown but i suspect it may be related to some plugins. anyway it works 100%, but the only way i found to fix the problem i had was to format my memory card, however i seem to be the only one who has had this issue

www23.zippyshare.com/v/lyKKEgwb/file.html

I feel like the word projecting is overused these days, but this is textbook stuff user.

>o3ds

>copying an old OP instead of the latest one
Stop posting.

Stop samefagging.

>everyone who disagrees with me is samefagging
Ok pal

So you agree. Fuck off.

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>hack a friend's 3ds and steal his local friend code seed
>unban my 3ds
>decide to get a new 3ds xl
>order a new 3ds xl and 128gb sd card from amazon
>choose same day delivery
>post man throws the package on my porch without knocking
>call up amazon and claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>hack my new 3ds xl using The Guide™ and install luma(best cfw ever btw)
>i donate all the money amazon gave back to plailect since i used the Guide™
>new 3ds xl and regular 3ds sit there and collect dust
FUCK NINTENDO

I agree on what? You don't even make sense anymore, what the fuck

Yeah, 7.0.5 works and everything after is garbage.
>trusting scrotum
>after bs9 and luma 8.0 happening
He's one of (them) out to get (you)

It's also someone else. Woah! Now can we get back to the important stuff at hand. Will magnethax ever for any reason be able to be patched?

>you
Fuck off autist, we know you're samefagging. It's not just one person calling you out.

>le samefag meme

Upload plz

>all these crap additions
>those edits to the original image
Now I'm angery.

Ever oasis first.

That's funny. My "you" referred to the person I replied to, but it doesn't matter, because "you" can be both singular and plural. But you immediately assumed it was a singular you, as if there was no other possibility, as if there was no way another person could have made that post. Another way to interpret it would be that the one post I was replying to was made by more than a single person. It sounds like you are the one samefagging and are trying to project it on other people.
>inb4 y-y-you are the one samefagging and projecting! NOT AN ARGUMENT! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd like to play that too,somebody do it.

Dear god, please stop shitposting.

can I download this anywhere yet? or do we need to wait another 2 weeks

Not an argument.

Oh, sure, this isn't shitposting.
Fuck off.

Ever Oasis is shit anyway

why do you say that

been away from homebrew for a while, is b9s worth upgrading to from al9h?

stop projecting you retard. also not an argument

This is the opposite direction of an argument.

Because I can

your opinion is shit

no you are the samefag

It really isn't, until someone develops some actual good CFW for it.

>nintendo bans my 3ds
no wait they didnt because im not a retard who fell the tranny cfw meme

>no you
This is getting pathetic

THE TRANNY DIDN'T SELL THIS ONE OUT

So im new to this and just added B9S to my 3DS and have HB and Luma going, is there anything that you guys would recommend? I have some of the basics like themes and freeshop going but dont know what else there is, can I upload themes without having to remove my SD card everytime? Any can I update my 3DS to 11.4 safely or do I keep it as is?

When are we getting a new Cakes update?

Stop anytime samefag

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

you can use ftpd and a client on your computer like WinSCP to manage your SD card files over wifi

its safe to update to 11.4

>this guy bragging about driving a hooptie while everyone else sports a ferrari

I didn't even take part in the reply chain up until that post.

Is there any other general shit enough to have wars over the structure of the OP copypasta? It's ridiculous

>use retroarch
>try not to suck dick
>continue to engage in a homosexual orgy
I switched to using VC today, and my testosterone levels increased to Olympic star levels. I could finally go a day without guzzling cum like a crack addict.

Is there a general so full of reddit and newfags that they
>must have dates
>post discords
>use 3ds.guide
>go full autistic over the mention of other sites

this. I don't understand why we can't just have a single one like everyone else, there's always someone trying to introduce a new one or whatever, it's getting annoying

almost nobody uses 3ds.guide here

>complains about reddit, discord and 3ds.guide
>complains about people complaining about other sites in the same post
kek

I got the version of hacked 3ds from 2016. With emuannd and sysnand stuff.
So i updated emunand in april and it gets a blackscreen.
An user told me to replace some boot files from the newer Luma but it didn't work. I'm also using menu hax with ctrmanager. Homebrew channel aldo gives a black screen. And I can't even use my R4 in sysnand.

I looked it up in gbatemp and it said that the best option was to change to boot9strap but I'm lost.

I don't want my system to brick. I was lucky in 2016. And what will happen to my emunand stuff and games saves?

Should i upgrade to boot9strap? Is it safe? Where exactly do I start? My sysnand is downgraded to 9.2.

fuck off tuxsh

seriously, what is wrong with .guide? isn't the one in the op just an exact dupe?

Ah thank you!

Also is there any chance Luma and FBI have any custom splash menus? Might be stupid to ask but Im a sucker for visuals

>almost nobody uses 3ds.guide here
>almost nobody
>almost
I want this general to die now.

all. me.

Fucking bullshit. I better not use inspect element and find any (You)s when I read this post again.

No it's not you retarded newfag, go back if you can't tell the difference

Stop projecting. I want the dates and want all of the reddiscord retards to fuck off

In a show of solidarity, someone forked the guide after Aurora and Failect took this general on a wild drama ride for almost a month straight. They went on a genuine witch hunt, fucking up this kid hacker's life and trying to call the authorities on him. So the guide kept having these gay ass huge announcements at the top of all pages, and /hbg/ had enough. At that point we decided the ads and donation links didn't need to be in there either.

i've been on /hbg/ for like 2 years. I just seriously don't know the difference because i don't look at the OP. attitude.
Oh. Now i remember what you were talking about. Isn't that kinda over now though?

What is this memeing about the guide all about? Back in ~January it was seen as the best thing to do here.

If you're following 3ds.guide you didn't get the link from here and if that's what you're doing you may as well follow the guide you're reading. It clearly tells you to ask your questions on discord, so don't come here and bother us with your plaitard guide.

>Isn't that kinda over now though?

As long as the fork works, there is no reason to hand the reigns back for more drama or circulate his ads for him. This is really basic stuff you don't do in a position like his.

Looks like you don't look at the threads either.
>now I remember
>after someone explains
>about the thing that went on and on and on
>and is still brought up sometimes

>no dates
consider suicide

/hbg/ forked it because failect added a "recent community events" banner in his own version of the guide to bitch about reddit.

Wjy didn't you go and make your own thread?

The general used .guide until like april dude, and before then i used it alot so i kinda got it engraved in my mind, And i do use .b4k.co nowadays, i just thought it was a dupe and i didn't get why it had a different domain.
I know of all the drama and shit about trying to rat that guy out who wanted to fuck whatever but i didn't know it was forked because of that. I go on /hbg/ daily. Sorry for not knowing everything.

It's incredible how a change in the OP caused the entire thread to turn to shit

Probably because he wasn't there? Maybe he hoped people would make a proper thread like they usually do? This retarded OP just got lucky and made it in time

So what you're saying is that people go look at the OP from months ago instead of the current one and then post here? It's more likely that the got it from reddit.

It sounds like you don't even read the threads

oh god the dates

No, I really fucking do.
I'm not saying i look at the op from months ago. I just said .guide was used for some time and it's kinda in my mind now, and i have to consciously add the b4k.co nowadays. Just for asking why it was fucking forked.

You give Todd a run for his money.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about other people
and it got forked because Plailect is a retard

You literally must be autistic that you get so mad that some person does not know literally everything about internet drama.
Thanks for an actual response.

Luma supports custom splash (including animated) but the documentation for it is probably buried in old links

Luma is garbage.

where is acronym user when u need him

TAATO

wut

the autists are taking over

can we please get back on topic?
anyone here using ENSO?

This is the 3ds general.
We don't use bricks here.

maybe it wasn't acronym user
i mean the one who would do

ThAuArTaOv

but for the entire thread

I myself haven't been here since March, haven't touched my 3ds a whole lot besides Blaster Master Zero (great fucking game by the way). Can you give me an explanation of this huge cataclysm I seem to have completely avoided?

are you really that desperate to brick people with your bad vpk?
just fake a dump of some popular 3.61+ game