Car Covers

Can we talk car covers gentlemen?

I recently lost the ability to keep my 2nd car in my brothers climate control garage, So now I have to park it outside his garage like a fucking caveman.

I need to buy a car cover because he has a ton of trees that drop leaves all over the fucking place.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Was looking at this, Has pretty good reviews.

amazon.com/Resistant-Antiscratch-Seamless-Universal-inches/dp/B01IT55DKO/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1507145479&sr=1-11&keywords=car+cover+waterproof&th=1#Ask

Any car cover protips? I've always had the luxury of having a garage to store my non-shitboxes so I've never used a car cover before.

Other urls found in this thread:

carcovers.com/covers/cars.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjdLOBRCkoYX9vtaFv-UBEiQAWPn4YJqJNltR15WwPyE87uhliSIc6OfQ5x0KSQDOiuGutwgaApOj8P8HAQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My biggest concerns are leaf/small stick paint damage, bird shit, snow, ice, and possibly grass from lawnmowers going by his garage.

It doesn't get much above 75-80F where I live so idc about the sun.

Should I keep some type of blanket in between the car and cover?

OP get one from here, very good customer support. Got a cover for my wrx that didn't fit because of the oem spoiler it has, sent out an email and got a perfect fit replacement shipped out immediately while being able to keep the old one for other car. Get one of the special outdoor ones they're good quality don't waste money on those cheap ones unless it's a literal shitbox
carcovers.com/covers/cars.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjdLOBRCkoYX9vtaFv-UBEiQAWPn4YJqJNltR15WwPyE87uhliSIc6OfQ5x0KSQDOiuGutwgaApOj8P8HAQ

It seems to me that pulling a cover off a car would put scratches in the paint

I'll read the reviews, Do you have any pics of yours?

I've never used a car cover before but I don't think you just pull the cover off, I believe you roll it off slowly

You only put covers on clean cars Only
It's rolled up in my trunk I'll see if I can get a picture shortly but it's good quality. What car OP?

I'm buying it for my 2012 Lancer SE 2.4L AWD

How long will it be sitting from time to time? It's not daily driver right?

Not a daily driver, Uh...I drive it about once a month year round. I drive it more in the summer

Just make sure car is clean/washed when putting on cover and you all good

OK cool. Thanks man

Yeah I read to make sure the car is spotless before covering it and not to cover it again until It's clean again.

Do you keep any type of blanket or anything between the cover and your car?

No the cover and clean car is all

I got one from covercraft that's specifically fitted for my turd gen, it's really nice. Fits perfectly as you'd expect, keeps it clean, is soft on the inside, and blocks water and light from coming in very well. 10/10, especially for only being around $200. It's the "block-it 380" model.

How's the warranty?

Thanks again

Checked, I'll also check that brand out. Thanks!

It's a 3 year limited warranty. Here's the text from their website.
>Covercraft’s warranty coverage protects against defects in material and workmanship, as well as the fabric becoming unserviceable during normal use. After factory inspection, at its option, Covercraft will repair or replace the unit or specific panels or parts judged to be unusable. Warranty does not cover fading, which occurs naturally on all products used outdoors, or weather resistance of fabric.

At 200 dollars I'd expect 5-10 year warranties, here basic ones come with 5 years and the best 170 dollar one is lifetime. The material is nice and soft too, it would seem the material is treated with chemical because it doesn't absorb water/moisture it just slides right off

Good thing for this thread because I've been shopping around for a good car cover. I don't have a garage so I have to park it outside where it is exposed to the elements, falling tree debris, bird droppings, and worst of all UV damage. I found a custom 5 layer cover with a limited lifetime warranty with great reviews, 4.8/5. My only concern is that it costs 150 USD. The cover you posted only costs 36 USD and the better covers that I'll be using everyday are a similar higher price range.

So I can't use the cover daily unless I wash it everyday. That's a bummer.

$200 huh, seems like the good car covers are around this range

Just apply some sealant by hand every 3-6 months, car cover isn't for daily drivers unless you don't mind swirls

Sealant? What do I do about the UV damage and tree debris that falls on my car everyday? I can't wash my car every day.

I can have my car wiped down all nice and clean in about 10 minutes with this and a microfiber towel. It's not as good as a full two bucket wash but it's definitely good enough for putting a cover on.

Sealant is a type of wax that protects from sun,debris,and birdshit. Apply it every 3-6 months and you're car will stay mint

This is a good idea thanks
This is good for protecting the coat but I think the point of a cover is just to keep the car looking clean for longer after a car wash. The sealant will protect the coat but there may still be a lot of dust after a day that would make the car look worse.