Britfag here with boiracer wheels on first car

Britfag here with boiracer wheels on first car
What should I do? I have aftermarket alloys on my Peugeot 206 and I'm getting black box insurance (first car)
When they come to fit it and see the wheels, they will cancel my quote then I won't be able to drive for the next year at least.
I need to get steel wheels but it's £108 per wheel + tire...
Or is there something I can tell them to get out of them cancelling? (Go for ignorance? etc.)

>tfw minimum £2,000 per year just because under 25
>tfw most companies won't insure at all, so those that do get to ram you up the ass with curfews and crazy premiums
>tfw when high schoolers in america get to drive mustangs while we are stuck with 1.4L shitboxes

p.s, yes I did buy it with these wheels it was the cleanest one in my area and price range. I've had it for about a year - much before I thought about how it would affect insurance

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Branded-Ultra-Peugeot-206-Black-Lexus-Rear-Back-Car-Lights-Lamps-NEW-/351196041580?epid=1788656939&hash=item51c4ea516c:m:mVFq6si8nIug8iy6xxmy5Uw
ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-SPORT-MESH-GRILL-VENT-CAR-RACING-GRILLE-90-X-20CM-VENTS-BUMPER-MODIFY-/191555650175?hash=item2c999b427f:g:JokAAOSwIzNXPYmZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sell those wheels, they do look out of place in that car. The 206 is possibly the car that looks the worst with oversized wheels.
Something around 15" instead would go a long way in those cars' looks.

The min-wage loser that's coming to fit your blackbox isn't going to give a fuck about your wheels.

they don't give a fuck about the sodding wheels
Also, it's not minimum 2 grand a year at all. I pay 1 grand a year for a 1.6 140bhp car with no NCB and 6 months since I passed my test. And with no fucking cuck box

Get used steelies man

it's not like wheels are integral to the car so it won't even matter, people change wheels all the time for winter tyres etc. Your insurance do not fucking care about it, they might care if the geezer opens the bonnet to find you've swapped a supercharged LS in there but stuff like wheels don't even register

>so those that do get to ram you up the ass with curfews and crazy premiums
>curfews
What the fuck, they actually do this?

I'm getting a temp job in November, the money is going back into my car and I agree with you on the 15s, the ride on my car is pretty atrocious right now too because of them. Any cheap you would suggest? :)

Really? I know a couple people who got a deal like this but it was all 'one time thing'

What company are you with? I've checked out everything but maybe I missed some places

My friend is with the same insurance and he got a £45 fine for his tints so yeah, they care :/

Harder to find with tires actually, especially for really cheap (cheapest I found was around £200) and I don't see the point when I can put them into getting nicer alloys

attached is the email they sent me

>What the fuck, they actually do this?
a lot of young drivers in the UK are retarded and don't shop around for insurance, so they take initially cheaper 'telematics' policies where the insurer fits a black box into your car that monitors your driving to set your premium. If you drive at night regularly, speed, accelerate/brake sharply or drive in high risk areas it gets logged and can increase your insurance.

Oh well in that case. Here used steelies don't go above 200€ even with brand new tires and usually go for like 50€ or less.

jesus christ uk is cucked.

>What company are you with?
admiral
but tbf, looks like your insurance are very arsey about it
did the bloke who fitted the black box for your mate report it then?

Yep, people at my school got them but luckily my company (Ingenie) doesn't bother.
One of my friends has the cheapest (so strictest) one. Can't go out past a certain time and also restricts HOW MANY TIMES PER DAY (e.g journeys) which is how many times the car is turned on and off (so home, petrol then home would technically be 2 journeys and impact his score.)

^ Tell me about it

Christ on a fucking bike.

yeah, it's fucking stupid
I'm paying £200 extra a year to not have one basically, they quoted me £1000 for a year without and £800 if I got one fitted
I do a lot of country road blasting though so I'd never have one

Okay mate here's what you do
>Remove all 4 wheels and leave it on stands for when he arrives
When he asks tell him they were in need of fresh rubbers as they were illegal and so you couldn't drive it to a tyre place to get them done
Sorted

Bollocks that's what the guys at my school are on haha. And yeah I don't know the specifics but he pretty much told him that they aren't allowed and he got an email or something. I'm just scared of mine getting cancelled bc of some grumpy bastard then I'm stuck for god knows how long. Not sure if anyone wants to insure a young driver who has been cancelled insurance before.

I've literally called about 6 companies and filled out countless online forms - it's all I've been doing for the past 2 weeks while waiting for deposit money. Admiral said they wouldn't insure me at all, along with others due to my 'unique circumstances' (???) I said nothing if not perfect, and even stretched the truth to get it cheaper and they still said no..

>Any cheap you would suggest?

Not a britbong, can't tell what's cheap over there. I do like the look of the Cyclones (306 GTi) on it though, you might find them or replicas for cheap I'd reckon.

ikr

>I've literally called about 6 companies and filled out countless online forms - it's all I've been doing for the past 2 weeks while waiting for deposit money. Admiral said they wouldn't insure me at all, along with others due to my 'unique circumstances' (???) I said nothing if not perfect, and even stretched the truth to get it cheaper and they still said no..
really? why? if you don't mind saying

even with how shitty the United States is, I'd still rather live here then any Eurpoean country, especially britbongistan

Ty bro, also thinking about lexus rear lights, what you think?
ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Branded-Ultra-Peugeot-206-Black-Lexus-Rear-Back-Car-Lights-Lamps-NEW-/351196041580?epid=1788656939&hash=item51c4ea516c:m:mVFq6si8nIug8iy6xxmy5Uw

No idea. Literally no clue. Even the guys on the phone were like 'oh.. well nothing has come up.. uhh sorry about that have a nice day.'
Trust me when I say they were surprised, one girl was actually caring and put my stuff through multiple times, even to a comparison type site and got nothing - it really only worked well online. I wanted to call Admiral but when it came down to it we got the £1800 quote after ALOT of attempts and searching and just ran with it desu

>lexus rear lights
Don't, that's one sure-fire way to make yourself look like a total chav.
If you must, 206+ lights might work and don't look as chav-tastic.

Pic very much related.

Haha yeah I just want something... Less red.
There's a guy with a 206 around where I live with a full bodykit - looks like something straight out of NFSU2 and it's all black, all tinted and looks great.
I wanna have at least a few years of awful boiracer mods before I get into tasteful mods.
Haha it's hard to explain but I know what I SHOULD do... But the UK boiracer scene is something I've always loved.

Like this is something I'd do in uni (if I still have the 206) for example. Not like I have much room with UK insurance.

ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-SPORT-MESH-GRILL-VENT-CAR-RACING-GRILLE-90-X-20CM-VENTS-BUMPER-MODIFY-/191555650175?hash=item2c999b427f:g:JokAAOSwIzNXPYmZ
Hahaha

Also pic is from first buying the car. The little node on the right is now inside the car :1

>lexus rear lights
No, listen to If you really want different tail lights from everyone else, something like pic related could go well, but again, you'll look a bit of a chav.

Also good, but personally I prefer the tail lights from the original's facelift

Because I could only attach 1 image per post

I suppose you could go full boyracer, keep the mods reversible and if/when you get tired of that look go for something more mature, if you will.
It's your money after all.

It's a common car, perhaps someone will swap wheels with you for a day?

Also, depending the guy fitting the box he may not give a shit. If you have not had the car long you can try talking shit and saying you didnt know they were modified. If they don't ake that then just say youre looking for stock wheels to swap out

desu should have got a 106/saxo, they are just better cars and cheaper. I'm guessing the steel wheels are new off Peugeot, if they are that pretty cheap. I mean you could get a second hand set for like less than £150 maybe with tyres.

Wow yeah I see what you mean. I just wanted something tinted.

You can see on my pic what the last owner did;
>Cut bumper for bigger exhaust
>He actually had some sort of aftermarket lights, not sure which ones though (Pic)
>Right now I think I have a base spec 206 exhaust (SUPER small) while my model is the Verve which has an oval exhaust? You guys know?

True. If I know I'm gonna regret something I'm not gonna do anything serious. I do love this car though. Happy I got it as a first car

I hope so, I mean the plan is putting on steelies for a day while he comes then putting mine back on... Swapping / borrowing is the best bet.

206 is a car I always liked aesthetics wise and I'm not gonna lie it was a big deciding factor in my choice of car. I had a few choices and seeing as it is the most common car in the UK as well as (in my opinion) one of the best looking in my price range, I was chuffed to find this one. I love the colour too.
Also £150 on literally £0 income budget for a £500 car for one day is pretty much out of the question. My last option is to ask around if I can borrow wheels for a day but I doubt that's something garages hear often or even do.
My plan right now is to pretend like I know nothing and just hope they let me off.

Was it a bad idea de-badging mine? I think it looks cleaner, and I don't have a HDi or GTi badge to show off so I thought it looked cooler

>I just wanted something tinted.

You know what? What I suggested in could work if smoked JUST THE TINIEST BIT. Just so the indicators and reverse light won't look crystal clear, akin to what you see in the mk1 Clio's for instance.

No one likes a 206 why are you here

>be 22 year old male
>have previous traffic conviction
>have 4 speeding tickets
>have 2 not at fault collisions
>have pic related
>twin turbo manual
>modified
>360 per year
>full cover
>can drive it anywhere anytime (except race tracks)

and guess what? I told them it has aftermarket wheels and they didn't give a flying fuck. They covered my shitty bbs for an extra 10 bucks ahahahaha

Fuck England New Zealand a best

You did great on that one. Drop the 206 lettering, but keep the Peugeot badge in chrome so the rear doesn't look too empty.

Because yes, I hate when people paint the badges with the car's colour.

Here, have an example on a Boxster.

A bit too much tint on that one, but yeah this is the type of work i mean.

That's more like it! I really like the idea of the black accenting with the grey on my car. The idea was something like this + tints on windows for a cleaner, darker look (pic related but not 100%) this is still what I consider 'doable' on strict insurance

Started off about insurance
I like other cars too :1

Ty, I put the 206 Logo on the dash with double sided tape, I'll see if I have a pic hold on

:0 wow nice z user

You want to join Brit/o/ lad

>I put the 206 Logo on the dash with double sided tape

I'll wait for the pictures, but I'm not having much hope. Sticking badges in the interior almost always ends up looking tacky.

what is

I like it, but don't have a pic
you know what i'm gonna go out and get one real quick

I think it could look pretty decent in that gap on the passenger side.

Post an email address (even if it's a temp one) and I'll send you an invite to our gay regional car group.

here? this is it :)

This is Veeky Forums, I'd strongly suggest a temp one.

and flash

>almost 11pm

Yeah, personally I'd take it off, but hey, it's YOUR car, not mine

op here
and I'd love to
[email protected]

Looks better in person but yeah it's just strong tape. I can take it off if I get bored of it. It's just a nice little personal touch :)

£2K a year for a shitbox

Why though? What job did you put in the form? And how many miles?

I was quoted £1K on a fiat 500 1.2 2013 for 10K miles 15 days after my driving test age 22

I'd put it on the other surface (facing in rather than out) but yeah, that gap above the passenger side airbag cover is what I meant..

You've been invited

17 years old, cheapest is insurance specifically for students, more expensive with cheaper jobs like nurse, hairdresser etc. so cheapest is 'school student'
6k miles, more increases the cost and less increases the cost
added my dad and my grandma as second drivers. Tried every family member and combination of them and that was the cheapest.
My £1865 quote is the botom barrel, cheapest and '''most lenient'''
And now I'm looking at it being cancelled just because of some racerboi wheels the previous owner put on. He took the exhaust backbox, tails, spoiler and engine tidbits but left me with the one thing they care about the most. I'm not mad but young insurance is a pisstake

Could look better, like I said nothing is stopping me from just sticking it somewhere else :) ty

Oke cheers

>equivalent of 60 burger bux for some shitty bogan tint job

r-rule britannia!

Your mistake is simple

You want your Dad as the primary driver, and you s the secondary. Stupid you has been putting it as you as the primary and him as the secondary.

I need that No Claims Bonus my guy

YOU DESERVE ALL THE WORST IF YOU SPEND EVEN A SINGLE FUCKING CENT ON COSMETIC MODS FOR THAT TOTAL SHITBOX GROCERY GETTER

Grocery getter is all I can get at 17 my dude
Anything not cosmetic is not allowed on my insurance in uk for a long time yet (until Im like 20+)

>tfw finally 25
I'm paying £149 for the year on my Volvo 340. hang in there OP it does get better. If I were you I'd keep shopping around until you can get a quote without black box.

Why don't you just add the wheels to the quote?
I (24) paid £2400 insurance last year for my 2.0tdi golf and i've been banned for a year so your prices are wrong

How about you dont fucking crash and not pay a million for insurance
Its a fucking pegout it wont coat that much to change the plastic bumper

holy fuck bongistan is awful. 80% of canada is better than this.

>stereo

>Be british
>Car looks too fast to insure

>Be american
>"keep in mind i didn't insure the LS swap"
>"that's cool man we'll pay you 3k for your civic"