/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 16th of June:
363 – Emperor Julian marches back up the Tigris and burns his fleet of supply ships.
632 – Yazdegerd III ascends to the throne as shah of Persian Empire. He is the last ruler of the Sasanian dynasty.
1487 – Battle of Stoke Field, end of the Wars of the Roses.
1586 – Mary, Queen of Scots, recognizes Philip II of Spain as her heir.
1779 – Spain declares war on Britain.
1836 – The formation of the London Working Men's Association gives rise to the Chartist Movement.
1846 – Pope Pius IX is elected, the longest reigning Pope.
1897 – A treaty annexing the Republic of Hawaii to the United States is signed.
1940 – A Communist government is installed in Lithuania
1948 – Members of the Malayan Communist Party kill three British plantation managers, British Malaya declares a state of emergency.

# News
>CK2 DD 12/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1028629
>EU4 DD 13/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1028783

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=236850&searchtext=warcraft
strawpoll.me/13203491/r
randomcountry.gbasood.net/
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume
pastebin.com/cCdcev76
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder Paradox willingly killed this to make it into 6 seperate HoI4 DLCs for casual gamers.

Really wish the mod had more events, it turns into a pure blobfest 1-2 hours in.

Patrician colour sense. You wouldn't get it

Since when is this mod out? Is it good?

It's really sad because we will never get something like Iron Cross, Darkest Hour, or East Vs. West ever again.

Literally the whole of Europe is custom, btw

The fact that you only noticed like 4 outliers I take as a compliment

Will probably do this one. Theodoro sucks butts

La Plata

Las Malvinas

Looks like a year since it was posted
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=236850&searchtext=warcraft

It's ok.
They worked mostly on having a very large map with all the nations and all of their flags rather than having any new mechanics or anything unique for each individual nation (no matter how important).
There's several unique religions and tech/idea groups.
They also chose to use modern WoW lore which is a shame.

I just opened up CK2 after having not played it for a while, and it looks like it cleared the entirety of my DLC except for the newer 5-year anniversary free pack.

I have the entire downloaded set of DLC still sitting in the folder where it was before, they were previously activated and worked fine, but now they just... don't. Launching both in and out of Steam is giving me nothing.

What changed?

>want to play as a hellenic-orthodoxied persia but anything that isn't victoria is complete shit
what do?just mod it?isn't that cheating

Strange. Did you try verifying game cache?

Proper Thread

Yep, still nothing.

Did Steam change how they check for DLC or something? I'm going off of the pack that used to be in /gsg/'s archive before it got stripped down.

go fuck yourself spammer

It is very possible.
But I really don't know.

retarded & inbred

>no warning
>bombershit
No thanks

Have /gsg/ turned against R&I or something?

>encouraging thread wars

Do we have to go through this routine every single time?

Did HOI4 improve that much even with the latest patch and DLC.

>15th of june
based as fuark retard bro

R&I always makes a new thread if someone makes one before him though, it's so he can get the first post. Everybody usually migrates there, why aren't they today?

no

goy$ is irredeemable nuparadox garbage

will this game ever be good

no

Okay, so I'm playing as Croatia in CKII, I own most of the de jure terrotories of Croatia, Serbia, Hungary and Sicily and I'm about to inherit the duchy of Bavaria, Poland to the north is not a problem at the moment, the problem is I am stuck between the HRE and the Byzantines, currently I have a non agression pact with the HRE and I think it'll the last one because of political concerns. The Byzantines are conquering the last county remaining in Sicily and I'm afraid they are coming for me next, I have probably 10k troops, the HRE has 24K and Byzantines 24K as well, so my question is what should I do next, should I swear fealty to one of the two emperors so I can weaken them from the inside or should I fight them from the outside with intrigue and war? The Byzantines seem to be having a bad time fighting against Persia but they have a truce right now and the HRE is at peace but their next succession line seems to be a mess full of bastards and dumb leaders, so I really don't know what to do, help me out /gsg/.

>Everybody usually migrates there, why aren't they today
Do tell, do tell.

That's not R&I. R&I uses the warning and doesn't add discord shit.
Unfortunately, both threads were made by discord shitposters today.

What the fuck is this bomber shit. I leave /gsg/ for a while and it's gone to even more shit.

Is this what happens when PI goes away from its dedicated fan base to pander to mainstream trash in the spirit of ((streamlining)) ?

Stellaris was a joke. HoI4 is the worst trash ever produced. EU4 was the same at launch and barely playable now with all 200$ of DLCs and modded to the death.

Like every hobby, GS was taken over by merchants and women and democratized. Tis truly the end times coming.

I still remember the story of that lead quest designer from Morrowind, who wrote EVERY quest development of the game. Who then for Oblivion opened the field for a multitude of diverse writers to each put a little piece of what they like in quests and he was delegated to overseeing the meshing of putting those ``gems'' together. Well, we all know which of the two games is the more interesting/fleshed out/tight and consistent..

Will there be a messiah ? A new developer to take PI's place ? Does GS need saving ?

R&I has removed HPM in the past though?
Also, how is this a Steamcordplaza thread? Has the warning, no bomber shit, what's wrong with it?

Swear fealtty to the bizzies, then force elective monarchy and become Basileus

No, he never did
You probably made both threads just for the drama, OP. We now you are a shitposter

>causing drama without proper evidence
need more than gossip and "we now you are a shitposter" to convince me, man.
>inb4 spelling argument invalidated meme

I didn't make any of the threads, I'm asking why this one is a Steamcordplaza thread.

We know now YOU are shitposter

^me
what the fuck I don't even know who the steamcord faggots are anymore
HELP

Can we have a full /gsg/ thread just about meta issues, just so we can get to the bottom of stuff?

people don't use your threads because they know you and your group do them just to shitpost lad, the fact you are trying to stir drama and creating duplicate threads yourself proves it
I don't give a fuck if I convince you or not, the fact you are stirring drama and still replying just shows this

*farts*

/qa/ meta thread when

When R&I is gone this always happens, discord make the threads and they keep shitposting.
Just hope R&I come back soon.

Wasn't made by R&I/he didn't get the first post, which to some """people""" around here automatically makes it a shitposting thread

post it on /qa/

t. discord

>Rather, this should be seen as a temporary mod for use until the actual HPM returns and continues his own mod.
>HPM returns
>he gets butthurt HPM in fact returned
can't make this shit up

new thread

Is Transcaucasia playable in HPM or will I just get annexed by event or be put into an unwinnable war?

>HPM
don't play that steaming piece of sh*t lad

But he's not just doing "a little update to spite him", he's back full time,

Are you the same guy in the last thread that asked people to suggest four countries? Anyway, you should really play Manchuria.

talex

I contest that R&I is Steamcordplaza, because his message just encourages Steamcordplaza niggers to act up. "white", "based", "white men", "white and based", "trandi", etcetera. Any rationalmperson would simply stop doing upon the realisation it cause Steamcordplaza to shit up the thread.

Mind telling me why you decided to butcher the OP image even more than R&I did? Do you autists have nothing better to do that force your horseshit everywhere in an attempt to "police" the thread?

yet he believes that, despite writing
>this should be seen as a temporary mod for use until the actual HPM returns and continues his own mod.
what kind of faggot mods just for some fame and gets butthurt when another modder comes back? what kind of retard can't even pretend he isn't a butthurt faggot?

>Manchuria
Get fucked by Qing, get fucked by Russia that get cores on you by event, get fucked by nips that want to steal your coal

So what's the verdict on memes and talex 2.0?

He's a discord shitposter who doesn't like HOI4 and most paradox games, he does threads solely to create drama. Just hope R&I comes back soon.

He's in the other thread, I just wish he'd use the actual OP instead of ALSO forcing his bullshit in the OP and utterly refusing to use the updated OP.

Breddi Gud / 10
It's unironically faster than before, if that's what you're asking. A month on speed 4 is 13 seconds for me, 1.9 was 28. Speed 5 made my computer kind of freeze up and jitter on 1.9 but it's 10 seconds on 2.0.

Do MEIOU already released the full version in Steam?

We should just stop using the OP.

>He's a discord shitposter who doesn't like HOI4
WTF, I love discord now

Who knows, just download it directly from the forums.

HoI IV is shit but it should still be in the OP for the sole reason that it is, in fact, part of the HoI IV series and part of the general's discussion.

I used your OP for a while, laddo, but everyone complained about MotE being in it, so I removed it.

Reminder that Distant worlds is /gsg/

Real Thread

see

see

see

Remember to sage politely when posting in the /qa/ thread.

most of the discord shitters don't know how to use sage properly

To stimulate conversation that isn't arse foolery and meta-thread:

Realistic vs Fantasy setting for a /gsg/ ?
strawpoll.me/13203491/r
strawpoll.me/13203491/r
strawpoll.me/13203491/r

Discuss!

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 16th of June:
363 – Emperor Julian marches back up the Tigris and burns his fleet of supply ships.
632 – Yazdegerd III ascends to the throne as shah of Persian Empire. He is the last ruler of the Sasanian dynasty.
1487 – Battle of Stoke Field, end of the Wars of the Roses.
1586 – Mary, Queen of Scots, recognizes Philip II of Spain as her heir.
1779 – Spain declares war on Britain.
1836 – The formation of the London Working Men's Association gives rise to the Chartist Movement.
1846 – Pope Pius IX is elected, the longest reigning Pope.
1897 – A treaty annexing the Republic of Hawaii to the United States is signed.
1940 – A Communist government is installed in Lithuania
1948 – Members of the Malayan Communist Party kill three British plantation managers, British Malaya declares a state of emergency.

# News
East vs. West has been cancelled.

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End

Old Thread: →

Just from your posting style and the times you're active I've always assumed you're PRCanon.

Did I get it

fuck off racist

PRCanon made the OP
PRCanon avatarfags with kiyohime
Ergo yeah that's me

Is there an strategy to break the HRE into it's de jure kinngdoms and/or duchies in CKII? It's kinda easy to break France, but I don't know how it would be with the HRE and I really hate that white blob all over central Europe, any ideas?

Listen senpai I don't know anime well, and I didn't know you made the OP. I'm just glad I got it off posting style.

>a strategy
You could uh
Demolish it?

anyone playing russia after immersion pack?

>Be vikings
>Invade Egypt
>The dead Caliph's son decides to prepare an adventure against me
>Nifty! Free shit
>Somehow the dead Caliph's son has converted to Nestorian in his adventures
>He's in my jail and I am his liege, he has a weak claim on Arabian Empire
>Matrillineally marry him to my daughter
>New caliph dies, heir is underaged, install dead caliph's son as claimant

>>Nestorian arab empire neighbor who owes me a hell of a lot of favors and is having kids of my dynasty
>on accident

R E A L I S M

>playing pre-1066 start
>playing with ahistoric de jure empires
Leave

die retard

>>>r/paradoxplaza

fucking die

Ded games, ded thread

BR's will be up in a bit.

Let's merge with /wgg/ and rename the thread /pdxg/ Then I'll be finally able to post steel division here like I intended all along.

>mfw this isn't even the worst community on Veeky Forums let alone Veeky Forums as a whole.

no if we merge with you to create /pdxg/ then we have to let the /4xg/ aspies back in

/gsg/ is fucking small time, we don't even have a guy who doxxes people, prints out their image, ejaculates onto it, and then posts it in the thread.

Is that a challenge?

Isn't that just /sp/?

someone jizzing on reed and robbies face