/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES
>"THE WEATHER UPDATE"
playgwent.com/en/news#6130

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Last thread

value

>round 3
>have three 14 STR Nekkers and two harpies already before anything begins
>opponent scorches my Nekkers first turn
>all it does is summon another three identical ones from my deck
>forfeits right away after
>mfw

Different thread same question:
Everyone on my low rank plays weather dagon. How do I fuck them up the most?

What the hell do you consider low rank? I deliberately lose games to stay around 800-900 so I have an easier time, and I never see Dagon.

witcher machines is extremely satisfying to ping them once or twice and watch their entire board melt

bears do a better job with less set up

SK does well because of bears + healers

I'm at rank 9.. thats like 1,4k or something like that?
how expensive is that first deck? sounds nice

Every deck costs the same amount?

I dont know, the one im using right now certainly doesnt.
Im still using 2 of the starter gold cards.
Why dont you just answer the question instead of a snappy comeback tho?

that's not me, I was actually tallying it up but I guess you can do it yourself

you need shanni, if I had dandelion i'd be playing him as well

there are probably better net decks out there but this one is mine

Why do people like Tides praise CDPR balancing when they're absolutely shit at it?

Around 5k or so to make any deck from scratch. Pretty easy to get from the current mill rates on nerfed premium cards

should i just commit to NG and ride the letho train?

or will it be the new cool thing that everyone plays soon

I'm still new to this, but can't you only have 3 of one card in a deck? I thought summons required the card to be in the deck. Maybe I'm confused

Has Marcin fixed his game yet?

there are cards that add more, like nekker warrior adds 2 copies of a card to the bottom of your deck

What kind of card themes would you like them to add for the current factions?
>Northern Realms: Witch Hunters
>Monsters: Specters
>Nilfgaard: Toussaint
>Skellige: Druids
>Scoia'tael: Halflings

There are effects that allow you to copy units, some cards allow you to replace cards with things not in the deck and the "summon"/"spawn" distinction is important

Just asked in the old thread but it is only letting me play Letho in the opponents first row. Is this a glitch or some hidden condition to him spying?

>run crones + foglets + hounds
>disastrous hands 70% of the time
>get completely shit on by avallac'h
>but when it works, it annihilates the enemy

>run crones + foglets
>decent hands, but zero thinning and way too little weather

>run crones + hounds
>woodland rapetrain is meh without the foglets
>fog is worse than frost in most situations

How do you run your weather cancer /gwt/?

>Neutral: Shrike & her rogue band, the Rats
>Scoia'tael: Sirssa & Fauve, Brokilon Dryads. We have so many fucking Dol Blahlala and Mahakam generics but none Brokilon
>Monster: Nivellen & Vereena, Bruxa/Kikimora generics

Are you playing with a controller/on a console? If yes, here's your answer.
Disloyal shit is currently bugged and CDPR is working on it

Wild Hunt frost barrage with Nithral, Caranthir and Wild Frost + Ancient Spirit for good measure.

Yeah I'm playing on PS4. He was working fine earlier but thanks for clearing it up for me

I've started to notice something as I climb the ranks as a f2pfag. I'll get matched against increasingly higher-level players even in Casual, and am more likely to run up against the p2w crowd.

Should I use this opportunity to make a new GoG account? I don't have anything worthwhile on this one.

>play against axemen
>renews my yencon
>lock it
>unlocks it
>kill it
>resses it
>kill it again
>resses it again
literally kill yourselves skeniggers

>using the term p2w in regards to a card game
Brainlet disregarded

Foglets + hounds (2) is the true patrician choice

And make sure to get out as much as possible in the first round

Turn your moonstone into scraps and craft a deck. Thats what I did as a f2pfag

>guy has the win
>he ropes

fucking faggots

renew is getting nerfed next patch for sure, right?

Should i mill a Priscilla for 200 or is there a chance she might get buffed soon

why?

what would you nerf about it? its only ever as good as either graveyard is and if he's saves his golds for the last round you have nothing of his to fish

if you have something you really need right now, do it, but if its just to craft some brones cards, wait

>sweers sends 5 of my nekkers out of the deck into the graveyard
>still win

>Push round 2
>Don't Consider Caranthir, lose
>Forced out crones though
>Go to round 3 with 0 cards, he has 1
>Top deck well
>He disconnets his Internet

I run foglets, 2 hounds/frosts, and crones. My mulligans are pretty much 100% tossing the above but I've been consistently climbing with it.

Posted this last thread yesterday, but I'll post it again because I see a lot of people have been having trouble with making Scoia'tael work.
This is what I came up with yesterday after trying a whole bunch of ST decks and it performed the best. Yencon is questionable but not sure what I can replace her with. Haven't tried Zoltan: Animal Tamer but it might work better.
Leader is Brouver Hoog, he just provides incredible reliability.
Overall very fun deck to play with.

outskilled

READ RHE BOETF REEEEEEEE

Started playing 4 days ago and I really like the potential reveal gives you in this game.
The golems feel kind of eh though, especially when I draw them with Daerlan.
Any suggestions?
Got about 300 scraps now

You really want Auckes. 3 Daerlans is a must. You don't need the 4 power clear row, you already have 2 clear skies effects. Personally would recommend to swap Triss with Cahir, even if you don't have the perfect cards to reveal it still buffs your scouts by 3 each.

I'm far from being an amazing player though, so take it as you will

you are using your leader 1st turn right? how can you draw golems?
I would add NilfKnight instead of alchemist and another silver.
Also one fire scorpion is bad for your mulligans so replace it with special or foot soldier or whatever.
Mangos are fun at low level play enjoy while it lasts

Does shuffling a card back into your deck shuffle your entire deck?

only Stefan shuffles your entire deck.

So, what new viable decks have merged so far in the new patch?
>NR machines
>MO consume
>...?

>He disconnets his Internet
you know you were just lucky that he was disconnected

Weird because I stole a Gehels with Johnny, used it to draw a gold and put a silver on top of my deck and it wasn't there anymore next round.
It's a discard deck so lot of card movement but I don't recall shuffling or anything.

NR machines is not quite there yet. It needs 1 or 2 good cards to make it work. Also NR cards being inferior in general doesn't help.

went 13-2 with this yesterday but anything I should change or replace? loving shani, she's great since everyone loves to snipe the siege support at the start of games.

Finally struggled through to rank 15 with my shitty frost spam.

>he does it again

not sure about Vernon

I'd say replace Roche with Philippa.

>write literally anything in lifecoaches chat
>his loyal guard dog moderator or the nightbot immediately times you out

>watching shitty attentionwhores

I've been swapping those two in and out. roche did better since he can trigger eggs to set up combos. if I stop running into monster decks 90% of the time I'll ditch him.

don't ballistas just auto-win you monster matchups anyway?

yeah you're right

I'll try philippa again

>opponent plays kambi
>shackle it
>he unshackles it
Why is this shit even allowed?

Never played NR in my life, how do you operate this deck? What do you mulligan, what do you usually start with after playing Foltest, how do you fare against bears? Also
>no Dethmold

>not Letho it

out fucking skilled

Don't think so, he was on his last card and needed to get like 12 more power, then the game just disconnected.

>Turn on Lifecoach
>He sounds like an orc from Mordor, most of the time I don't even know if he's talking in English

He's german, are you just pretending to be retarded?

I know he's German but he does stream in English.

Also it doesn't even sound like German to me, just like some kind of alien language. Maybe it has to do with the German dialects, I've heard they have a lot of those.

He doesn't speak with dialect but it makes him harder to understand with that room they're in. It's really not optimal for streaming. I wish they would do something about it but I guess they don't care.

Why does Skellige both have by far the best bronzes and the ability to bring them back from the graveyard like half a dozen fucking times?
How can any game designer with intact brain cells give a green light to the current patch?

cuz' we big bad vikings

It's literally just a bear that is the problem right now.

Obviously they're gonna nerf SK as a whole and make it unplayable because why the fuck not, let's force people to craft another faction.

So which is better, consume or weather? I am tired of getting shat on, the post 3400 meta is pure cancer so I will fight cancer with cancer.

>by far the best bronzes
>skellige
Funny how imbeciles like you were whining about Nilfgaard's bronzes ans silvers being BY FAR THE BEST whereas the faction as a whole is now in a dumpster despite only novices and Golds getting nerfed.
Just say it how it is, you lost to bears and you're mad

Hey there is precedence with them making a faction unplayable, so why not do it again?

How much scrap does it take to craft an entire collection having only the starting cards and all the leaders?

>Whenever this unit is discarded or destroyed, resurrect it after 2 turns and weaken it by 3
There I FUCKING fixed it

I don't even play SK, but Morkvarg is fine as it is

No it fucking isn't
It provides like 40 strength over 3 rounds

Morkvarg is not broken though, there's nothing to fix

t. Skellitard

Coach is a rich man, but he never bothered to buy a working headset or microphone

Gwent is a nice game but it really needs some quality of life improvements

why is the screen black during card selection or when the enemy discards/mulligens/calceits a card? not seeing my hand because of this bullshit is annoying at best

why does the game dont give me vital information when the enemy consums a unit from the graveyard or sends unit there
you always have to rightclick this shit and search for yourself

>last legendary drop was John Natalis
now this
about to kill myself desu

He has a 200 bucks mic. The acoustics of the room is the problem.

Change bear to hit first like alway, but make it only be able to dmg cards, not kill them
STR1 card wont disappear and mirror matches and monster shitter can still shit out their consume gameplay

>already has boar
kill yourself skellishit

Menno is not THAT terrible desu

wow, its nothing
not even free scraps

Yeah there's no way a mic like this should sound the way it does on stream

alright gwt, i have about 5k scraps, Sk and weather monster cards already and i want to know what to make

Ng will cost me 4.5k
consume 2.7k
NR 2.5k
St 3.2k

skellige was the first faction that I played and loved back in beta.
I also play my baron meme deck on ladder, since /gwt/ is forbidding people from playing good decks.

It's fine when they're solo streaming since they can get close to the mic, but when it's the two of them you can't hear shit

Just give it Effort
It accomplishes the same thing but doesn't represent unlimited value

6 effort 1 or 5 effort 1? Or just put it back to 4?

>...and the bear killed a whole consume deck on its own, no GG was seen after battle. The End.

ST is trash right now so stay away from them. Go for NR since it is the cheapest and save scraps for NG if you want to try them out.

>NR since it is the cheapest

all decks cost roughly the same dumb fuck

5 is fine with Effort, since Skellige can resurrect them easily anyway

Just saw that exact deck shit the bed against lifecoaches axemen