JUST

>$3000 FIRM
>361,000 AMERICAN MILES

>only 361k miles
>only

>Runs better than most Miatas out there with half that mileage!

So... it runs as well as the average Miata with 180k miles? That... doesn't inspire confidence.

>Implying this isn't just a way to hold onto the car that his wife is trying to make him sell

Unironically this.

>YOU BETTER PUT THAT FUCKING CAR UP FOR SALE OTHERWISE I WILL DIVORCE YOU AND TAKE THE KIDS

Ok honey ;) ;) ;)

>tfw I've met this guy before to look at another Miata he was selling
Not a bad guy but wew

Texas' used car market is FUCKED.

Mexicans crash their shit driving drunk then get other mexicans to "fix" it off the books so 8/10 cars have been fucked over by mexicans who then sell their junked garbage off to clueless normies when the their abused crap starts falling apart. So you aren't safe even if you don't buy from mexicans. (you shouldn't, you give them enough money as it is if you pay taxes)

This is even before the hurricane flooded the market with cars with invisible rust and delayed-action electrical gremlins.

Any decent private-sale cars get bought up for way over market value by one lot "dealerships" who jack up the price even higher, (9k+ for a 15+ year old 2wd jeep) and only exist to prey on the poor and the dumb who enter into financing agreements they can't possibly uphold, so their car gets repo'd and sold again. Seriously hate those one lot dealers, true scum.

Any "cheap performance" car is going to have be mexican'd within an inch of it's life, or promptly stolen and stripped for parts(by spics). Only way I'd consider owning a nice Honda (or any import really) here is import one from Japan and live in a gated community with an armed guard and park it in my backyard next to several large, angry attack dogs.

Don't even get me started on trying to find a decent used truck.

Jesus

post the one about the guy that did that with his wrx

Dis

>Trying to find a decent used pick up
>Texas is out
>Florida just get hit by a hurricane and has all the mexican problems of texas
>ditto california BUT prices are also much much higher AND extra smog faggotry to remove
>occasional ad pops up from the Southwest , extremely old, giant dents in all body panels from running over drunk injuns, paint a distant memory, visible rust everywhere
>NAW THAT'S JUST SURFACE RUST BRO, QUICK COAT OF PAINT AND SHE'LL BE GOOD DON'T MAKE EM LIKE THIS NO MORE
>sells in a day or two for nearly as much as a clean california truck
>only other source of used pickups is the rust belt, and they've all been RUSTED

Spics, not even once, man. Niggers at least only care about boring land barges and stay away from fast cars, Spics are the ones destroying any older import, pickup, or really anything with a bowtie badge. They've even started to move onto mustangs.

Miatas are dumb fuck expensive anymore. Can't get a rusted put pile of shit for less than $2500

Kek/10
I would have gone to check the car out while his wife was there to help a brother out

>1990
>28 year old car
>361,000 miles

Let's do some math kids.

361,000 / 28 = ~12893, or in other words, average mileage driven in a year by most.

Man, it's almost like it was a driven and well maintained car in an area that's not the rust belt. It's better to be driven regularly than left to rot, stored improperly, or driven to and from church every weekend.

It's like this entire thread is forgetting that this car is 28 years old, making it older than the average poster. It's a desirable, enjoyable to drive car, and looks to be in good shape.

$3,000 is chump change for a car to people who aren't busriders.

this will never not make me laugh.

Damn. And here I thought I was gonna move to the south west for some comfy Baja driving in my 30s. I thought the market in the north east was bad.

You a denton fag? lets meet up and go for a drive (and fuck ofc).

>one lot dealer
I've never heard that term to describe them, but it's so perfect. Scummy ass "buy-here-pay-here" places. Worst part is the ones here (south Denver) will occasionally get cool cars, go check it out, turns out it's actually a piece of shit they're asking $2k more than would be reasonable even if it was in good condition.

I honestly think they buy cool cars once in a while just to get people in the door. Price them high so no one would really buy them, but it gets your average Joe to stop in and sell them on a Honda Civic for way too much money.

>361,000 AMERICAN MILES
that's fucking nothing, if the owner took care of his car then it might've been 500,000 miles as well and nothing would change

i bought a 91 na6 for 2300 with 120k. socal.

At least that means it was actually driven instead of stagnating in a garage for eight months of the year.

Friend bought 89 Miata for 3500$ and with 95000 miles.

This, that new soft-top makes this an almost reasonable deal. Provided that there are ample maintenance records

>tfw got a clean 97 with 103k for $2800, little to no rust