Who cares edition

>>>NEWSRESET INFO

Other urls found in this thread:

bungie.net/en/News/Article/45919/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--05252017
youtu.be/cnq_vrtJ1vc?t=78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for hunter master race

Lol the nightfall is so true. s
Shit took forever trying to carry my friend thru it.

>the controller that came with my ps4 pro I bought in feb has already shit itself after being used just by me to play through a couple games and then just sat for months
>seems to be a common issue with ps4 controllers where the board dies and starts fucking itself up
>the original controller that came with my xbone that I bought in feb 2015 still works despite being beat to hell by my younger brother after I let him have free reign over it after I bought my elite controller and its now held together by two screws because all the other screw mounts have just broken
And yet they cost the same because the ps4 one has a gryo and a touch pad.

Any indication that destiny 2 might be good?

wait until its first 3 expansion packs are finished

Are you staying on console or moving to PC?

It plays exactly like D1 and D1 was fun

>excited for D2
>wanna play D1
>but I've done everything in D1 so it's boring
>have to wait until late July for the beta to drop
>it's 2014 all over again

Can someone explain to me the new weapon system? I'm a retard and can't figure out why both freedom slots get the same frequency of ammo drops, but 1 is better than the other.

I also can't figure out why shotguns are sharing a slot with rockets

D1 was primary, special, heavy. D2 is kinetic, energy and power. The way D2 works is that you can have an AR, PR, SR, HC, SMG or sidearm in your kinetic and energy slot, the difference being that your energy weapons do elemental damage. Power slot is reserved for snipers, rockets, shotguns, fusion rifles, linear fusion rifles, swords and grenade launchers. The reason for the change is that in PvP there won't be as many instances of people being killed by special weapons and it allows them to focus on making the weapon sandbox more balanced while retaining power.

I played a Titan in Destiny but I loved the swords and I always felt like if I was using a sword it was more appropriate for a Warlock to do so, considering the sword's connection to the light and the darkness, and the sword logic.

Now in Destiny 2 Warlocks literally have a sword super (and it's solar too, and solar is always my favorite element). I'm torn between continuing on as a Titan or being a Warlock. I like being a knight, I don't want to be a Harry Potter. But maybe a solar warlock would be like being a space Jedi? That's kinda knightish.

Help my autism.

Just make all 3 and have distinct themes for them all.

Don't have that much time, I'm active duty. Pretty much need to stick to one guy.

Yeah, it was for a few hours until you realize how shallow the game is.

>my opinion is fact
>its "shallow"
If you want dark souls, go play dark souls.
Not every game needs to, or will be, dark souls.

user stop you're going to trigger someone

the three slots are now kinetic energy and power weapons. the main difference between kinetic and energy is that energy weapons burn through shields a lot more effectively I guess.

i have a 391 titan if anyone wants to carry me through a nightfall or maybe even a raid. i only have striker completed since it's a new character

meant to quote

Which is dumb because there are way too many weapons with different playstyles being stuffed into a single slot. A lot of people will fall into getting comfortable with a single type and forgetting the rest exists.

The other slots should have some of those weapon classes but less powerful than the power weapon versions.

>being excited for a slow version of Exalted Blade

Captain America with normal Swords. Make Shaxx and Zavala proud for the price of one. You know this is the right choice. Your job is to protect the people. Don't abandon it.

Whenever it messes up hit the reset button inside the back

Doing a reset with the console didn't fix anything.
Just going to have to replace this 4 month old controller, and try to remember that the life expectancy of a dualshock 4 2.0 is 4 months and just hope the next one lives longer.

>Doing a reset with the console
There is a reset button on the back of the controller

I'm a retard that can't type.
I reset the controller while the console was off.
Not just the console.
So it should be "Doing a reset with the console off didn't fix anything".

Do it with the console on, I am not sure how the pro controllers are bu you might have to get an original DS4. Mine has lasted for two years.

I have the dualshock 4 that came with my ps4 pro.
Which is a 4 2.0 with the better triggers and the touch pad with the slot of light at the top.
And I've done both.
Even disassembled the controller to make sure everything is plugged in correctly.
It appears to be a board issue, and is just a case of bad luck on my part.
I could probably send it to get replaced, but I swapped the sticks with my xbox sticks and can't find my screwdriver kit that has the torx bits I need to swap the sticks back.
And I have my vita for the moment to hold me over till I can replace the controller.
Trying to get it replaced would take longer than it would take to just replace it.

Yeah just get a new one
>replacing soft comfy sticks with hard plastic xbone sticks
ew

>implying ps4 slime sticks are better than Xbox grip sticks

Its the height thats the problem for me. Its a marginal difference, but its a marginal difference in the right direction for me.
And I prefer the xbox sticks with their grip around the pad. I have big hands and the grips help me be able to control the sticks better as I hold them mostly with my finger tips.
Using the flat of my thumbs is just too uncomfortable for me.

>slime
Take shower you greasy fuck, wash your hands and shit.
I can see that, my hands are small and it is easier for me to aim with a more comfortable feel. Playing on Xbox makes my hands cramp with how boxy the design is, the pro controller isn't as bad and I need to invest in one.

>Go to youtube
>New video by Mesa Sean.

>New enemy classes, Gunsmith/Reset confirmation, DOUBLE SCOUT!???!?!?!?!?!?

I can fucking smell the desperation for clicks. Its been confirmed for months that same type of weapon drops for both kinetic and energy slots, you can literally run double any primary.

For some reason pc just being "august" is amusing to me.
It would almost be better to me if they just said "late summer".
Instead of an entire month.

Well that graphic says august, but they said late august.

Also Really? Better if they said late summer? They couldn't fit the entire word August in there and you think they'd type in "LATE SUMMER"?

>Interview literally hundreds of men.
>Just team logos.
>Intervew a woman.
>She's prominently displayed on the logo.
>Bitches get triggered when you call them attention whores.
"Gurl gaymurs" were a mistake.

They really should have left the dates out until they were cemented.

They are cemented.
PS4 Starts 18th.
xXboxXx joins 19th.
Opens up to public 21st.
Ends 23rd.
PC is definitely going to happen at some point.

Cemented.

it also doesnt say if its an open beta or only an early access beta

>it also doesnt say if its an open beta or only an early access beta
its going to be both. We get both on console, why would you think PC wont?

doing a nightfall, send a message on psn and ill invite you if you want in

cause its almost right before the console release

>cause its almost right before the console release
So? Console and PC versions run on separate tracks.
Besides its late august, and both early access and open beta combined run six days, regardless of whether it has early access or its all open, it'll still end before console release.

stages will still have enemies from every element, so now you have an elemental primary that gets lots of ammo and a kinetic primary that gets lots of ammo. if you're stacking for arc burn but something resistant to arc comes along, you have a kinetic so you don't get penalized. this also means you can balance your kinetic/elemental for range and close quarters and not get stuck without any ammo for one of those cases and be forced to change tactics. (i like that panic and ammo management pressure, but i'm weird.)

but the change is mostly about the heavy/power. shotguns and sniper rifles are going to be OP as shit, the archetype they feel best as, so they will never have to be nerfed to shit. also stops boss DPS phases from being "get the right sniper rifle and everyone just stands together shooting it" because ammo will be more scarce, making boss fights more tense and dynamic.

fact: xbox joysticks feel better for shooters. being stiffer and taller means more resistance to the thumb, making smaller movements take greater force, allowing superior fine control and requiring less frequent repositioning of the thumb against the stick (from slipping across it).

too bad they don't have all the games this time. it's the thing i'm most angry with microsoft about totally fucking up the xbone.

but none of my ps4 controllers has ever broken. maybe it's just getting to the point where there's so damn many and they've been out for years that bad ones are bound to happen. how many millions of those things are out there now?

has there been any discussion about what's happening to D1 once D2 launches? Is it getting shut down? WIll there be exit events?

Its probably getting supported "indefinitely", I mean, even the PS3/360 versions are still playable, but its probably getting the same treatment as the last-gen copies, so no weekly/monthly events any more, Trials and IB are probably going byebye.

It'll be given a skeleton crew and that'll be that

>No Beards for Character Creator (The single most requested thing since the E3 Destiny 1 Alpha)
>No Private Matches at launch
>No Free For All playlist at launch
>No Ranked PVP at launch
>No Dedicated server
>No emote wheel (requested since emotes started getting sold)
>PS4 Exclusive content (almost hated universally even by the PS4 crowd, lots of twitter backlash for this)

Destiny drones still going to buy this shit.

(you)

>No Private Matches at launch
what seriously? what the fuck, people asked for it so much and they provided it and even gave us new options, now it's just gone?

>>(The single most requested thing since the E3 Destiny 1 Alpha)
Actually that was raid matchmaking. And they did it. Only faggots care about character creator because 99% of the time you only see a helmet.
>>No Private Matches at launch
Yeah no shit. "Here's our new crucible, now never use it while you fuck around in private matches". It'll come shortly after.
>>No Free For All playlist at launch
Good, Rumble was garbage, I hope it never comes back.
>>No Ranked PVP at launch
Good, KD faggots are obnoxious enough already, the community is at max toxicity, the longer they hold off the leaderwhore the better.
>>No Dedicated server
But that's fucking wrong.
>>No emote wheel (requested since emotes started getting sold)
Nobody requested this.
>>PS4 Exclusive content (almost hated universally even by the PS4 crowd, lots of twitter backlash for this)
Actually its only hated by a small subset of Xbox users who have some kind of tinhat theory that exclusive content means a company paid for the other platform not to get it, as opposed to the reality which is the company paid extra to get a couple new things. PS4 exclusive content is on Microsoft, not on Sony.

There, I fell for your bait and gave you a high quality (You). Are you going to be okay now?

>Actually that was raid matchmaking. And they did it.
wrong on both counts
tons of changes were more requested, and the new feature isn't matchmaking, it's more like a server lobby, and it's opt-in

>wrong on both counts
[no]
>tons of changes were more requested
Nice [imaginary numbers]

>>>No emote wheel (requested since emotes started getting sold)
>Nobody requested this.
people have been requesting emote wheels and emote trees and more options in general to use emotes on the fly since the fucking alpha

>>(The single most requested thing since the E3 Destiny 1 Alpha)
Yeah but every mmo has customizable shit and you only get 2 options in destiny
>>No Private Matches at launch
>it'll come shortly after
yeah in probably 3 months lmao
>>No Free For All playlist at launch
>Good, Rumble was garbage, I hope it never comes back.
still one less mode that people still played and adds variety
>>No Ranked PVP at launch
>Good, KD faggots are obnoxious enough already, the community is at max toxicity, the longer they hold off the leaderwhore the better.
You got that backwards...since there is no ranked...egos will be based off kd instead of rank.
>>No Dedicated server
>But that's fucking wrong.
Go look at the interview you fucking idiot
>>No emote wheel (requested since emotes started getting sold)
>Nobody requested this.
I bet you bought one of them
>>PS4 Exclusive content (almost hated universally even by the PS4 crowd, lots of twitter backlash for this)
>Actually its only hated by a small subset of Xbox users who have some kind of tinhat theory that exclusive content means a company paid for the other platform not to get it, as opposed to the reality which is the company paid extra to get a couple new things. PS4 exclusive content is on Microsoft, not on Sony.

Destiny will probably sell 1-2 million on battlenet...what are they going to say?

nice job not refuting my other point
also if I did have numbers for what's more requested you'd call me autistic and still disregard my opinion

>Peple have been requesting.

How many? Two? Four? a "ton" I'm sure Bungie knows better than you what's more requested. But by all means, argue me some more, see if that shit magically shows up you fucking retard.

>Yeah but every mmo has customizable shit and you only get 2 options in destiny
Destiny isn't an MMO though you fucking retard. By definition and by system. Its an online game, that's all. at best its a share world shooter, at worst its an instanced based squad shooter. 12 people max. 3 average isn't MMO.
>yeah in probably 3 months lmao
And?
>still one less mode that people still played and adds variety
They're adding new modes so its not "one less mode"
>You got that backwards...since there is no ranked...egos will be based off kd instead of rank.
How is it backwards you fucking moron? I literally just said the game is toxic enough with KD and will just get worse with leaderboards, its not backwards you moron its literally what I said.
>Go look at the interview you fucking idiot
bungie.net/en/News/Article/45919/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--05252017
Scroll down to "why no private servers" and read the explanation how its literally private servers you imbecilic fuck.
>I bet you bought one of them
How could I buy an emote wheel if there were never implemented? Are you retarded?
>Destiny will probably sell 1-2 million on battlenet...what are they going to say?
About what? Where are you getting these numbers? What are your metrics? Oh wait, you're talking out of your ass like the retard you are.

>nice job not refuting my other point
Which other point? You just saying "wrong" isn't a point. You only made one point which is that "tons of changes more requested" and I simply said nice imaginary numbers, to which your response is that you have no basis for your argument because you imagine I would call you an autist? And you don't think the shit you just said sounds autistic? Back up your claim or fuck off.

Either way I'm done feeding you (You)s since cearly your only source is the tin hat you have inserted in your ass.

PS4 content is only on ps4, xbots won't be the only ones complaining

By that shit logc only WoW is an mmo

Casual Rift, anyone?

>Which other point? You only made one point which is that "tons of changes more requested"
holy shit you didn't even read the entire post
>the new feature isn't matchmaking, it's more like a server lobby, and it's opt-in
either you can deny it or you can fuck off

youtu.be/cnq_vrtJ1vc?t=78

>Dodge still cancels tracking grenades etc
>you get unlimited Dodge during Arc Staff

UNF

XBONE TRIALS

Daily reminder that Apple is a pedo

if you're up for taking a 400 level Hunter that's kind of shitty, yeah, xbone trials

gimme that dank GT

>yoo must be dirty if you don't like my sticks!!
Casual detected. Never played a game where your palms get sweaty? Guess how I know you never beat a raid on day 1?

hurry up before i invite some lfger

Don't do it. You're about to play with Sidhe "MLGproRageQuit" pock.

>
I have done every raid in Destiny on day 1, sweaty palms do not affect a DS4 unless you haven't showered in days.

ugh weebin out in a new monarchy edgy cosplay

oh shit I forgot all about this
anyone still up for this?

man, I ain't that bad anymore

Nope, you're wrong. You just can't handle the idea that ps4 sticks are shitty.

I stuck with the New Monarchy the whole time too, so that's a decent point. Still, I suppose it'll mainly depend on how the revamped Sunbreaker subclass looks. I'm just too much of an autist for pyro, I have no interest in the Sentinel and only a little in the new Striker. If Sunbreaker doesn't look sexy I may switch over to Dawnblade.

It also depends too on how armor works in this game, how greatly it factors into gameplay, and how well each class can gain it. And the end of the day, I love tanks. Beta needs to get here soon.

>being this bonedcore
cry more

i suspect we'll see a lot of that "+2 jumping" or "removes sprint cooldown" or "reduces cooldown of ability" on regular blue and purple gear that we currently see on "artifacts" paired with weapon and gear mods that will let you choose which weapon type you get reload and ammo capacity bonuses to and such.

if this is still up, GT: Gnrl Vagueness

So?

we already flawless

>my opinion trumps your opinion >:c
Stick preference is stick preference, grow up.

looks like i'm stuck in for the night. anyone want to grind strikes or whatever, i'm down to help

Sure.

>No Beards for Character Creator (The single most requested thing since the E3 Destiny 1 Alpha)
confirmed?

lars tweeted it out

well shit
will there actually be new fucking options even?

What a fucking joke

Probably, but beards are a dank leddit maymay anyways.

>dank leddit maymay
fuck off
humans (and awoken) would have been 10 times better
all the D1 options looked either pretty boi or plastic hollywood bullshit

its fucking all exo again

>every neet numale self inserts with bushy beard and glasses combo
Beards are acancer that needs to be left out, Bungie is smart.

Sounds to me like someone has bad genes and has either no facial hair, or shitty facial hair.

>Kinda gaming on a budged for the last two years or so.
>TV on its last leg
>Have to play with backlight, brightness, and saturation set to nearly zero or else burnin starts within second.
>Get up today Its my birthday so no plans for anything because literally nobody outside of my immediate family gives a fuck that I even exist.
>Doorbell rings
>UPS with a giant box
>Brother and parents pitched in and got me a 43" 4k tv.

>TFW for the first time since HOW inspecting my character and inventory on a display that isn't breaking down.

(you)

Really? Because all it sounds to me like is a properly groomed non-mudslime that cares about their appearance.

Happy birthday user.

Or maybe I don't want to enter a social space and see everyone rocking the same look.

Thanks Deej!

Knowing reddit they will probably have some stupid meetup with helms off.
#destinybeardfest2017