/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Needed Pure Bladestone
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 Patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13204969
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's settle this.

Doies /dsg/ prefer STR or DEX builds?

strawpoll.me/13204969
strawpoll.me/13204969
strawpoll.me/13204969

STR

*backflips*

Howdy, could someone drop me a pale shade set on PC?

That first black knight, and havel as well. I guess I only knew about havel because i picked thief first playthrough.
Also, dropping into that pit of giant skellies in ToTG for the divine coal if that counts

>dexfags BTFO

Best boss intro in the series imo

I expected most people to vote STR.

I feel like I'm the only DEXfag here sometimes.

>Start out DS3 as a pyromancer
>/dsg/ tells me to invest in VIT/VGR/END/FTH/INT
This is a fuckton of stats to manage. I know I have to get the magic stats up to 40, and I need 26 END, but I'm still worried about what I level up when. The calculator showed that I would be at Bloodborne-endgame levels without even investing into VIT/VGR

You don't need to invest in VIT as a pyromancer

You already have to invest 40/40 in INT/FAI then VIG/ATT/END.

You won't have any points to spare for VIG. This is assuming you're SL 120 and not some overlevelled faggot.

This is how I build my Pyro.

Why are Sabers so underpresented in DArk Souls?

first softcap vig at 27 then focus on your damage stats, dont bother with end till you're finishing your build

If anyone on PC needs any help with co-op, bosses, muling gear, or dropping shit; I'm free for the next two hours.

@179899398
everi time

Is this the only build you use Lucy?

Don't you get bored after a while?

Also

>45 VIG

Alternatively,
>STRfags BTFO
A classic Dark Souls (TM) moment right there, for sure.

I also have a quality build, but I more or less stopped playing it in favor of the Pyro. Nope, Pyro is the most fun I have had in DaS3.

Love him.

Hate the absolute clusterfuck of knights that happens before him.

>WILLINGLY playing DS2
you have no room for complaints, you knew what you were getting yourseld into

warped sword and washing pole? why?

The best game in the series?

>which game did the
>Strong enemy you're not supposed to fight but get rewarded if you do
better?

I think that DS1 did it the best out of all of the games including DeS and Bloodborne.

Tomb of the Giants is balanced to be an endgame area though.

whatever you say my dude lmao

help with Midir? SL 102

The weapons considered good by good players, are good when used by good players. Just because PKCS is considered to be one of the best weapons in the game, doesn't mean you'll do better with PKCS than another build, because you have to be able to make use of the aspects which make it strong.
If you're bad at the game, you're probably going to get a lot more wins with PUGS L1s, Farron L1s, Ledos or stomping with FUGS, than you will with a weapon that's actually good.
You just won't... I mean you won't learn anything, or really get any better.

Midir gets hard to deal with when you have phantoms, but I'll give it a shot. Password?

summoning for midir only makes him stronger

Could someone explain this 2kat meme to me? Why would one possessing two katanas cause to laugh their ass off?

cheeseca

2KAT!!!
it originates in dwarf fortress. Cats reproduce ridiculously fast, so having a pair meant a fuckton of problems on the long run

Warped Sword + Katana powerstance is pretty great.

>aspects which make it strong
doesn't take a genius to abuse the best 2hr1s in the game

Got you senpai, sign is down

The dual katana wielding skeletons were some of the toughest enemies in Demon's Souls.

Looked like something out of Elder Scrolls. I didn't like it, didn't seem very Soulslike at all.

>Message right in front of an illusory wall
>Says that it's an illusory wall
Fucking cunts

They're good because they can reaction roll catch. That requires you to be in the right position and the right mindset to be looking for the roll, so you can reaction roll catch. If you're just going to whack R1s at random you'd be better off with a greatsword.

Tell me what's objectively better: offensive miracles or DS greataxe/lightning buffed lothric GS

I know I can just respec later but I want to build towards either pure faith or str/faith for my pve run

Got kidnapped for a bit there, sign is down again.

>Put sign down for Midir
>Get summoned as a Spear
>Kill lone host in 2 hits
Wat.

you start getting decent offensive miracles like 80% through the game. you're gonna rely on melee whether you like it or not

>see enemy attack coming
>press roll
>get hit before rolling
>physically stagger
>roll gets buffered and i automatically roll once recovered
>get caught by the enemy's second attack which has an animation length of rolling iframes + 1

The only decent offensive miracle is Lightning Arrow.

Does that answer your question?

Can I join too or did you already beat him?

Where should we put signs?

always disgusted when i see this Sega Genesis graphics of that game

be right there, crahsed and reloaded

am I a madman for putting my Moundmaker sign near Grand Archives?
What am I in for?

Stake is great though, and spear starts scaling gud around like 40 faith

what are
>sunlight spear
>lightning storm
>lightning stake

>what are
>>sunlight spear
>>lightning storm
>>lightning stake

Trash spells.

Getting ganked, mainly. Nobody who's that far into the game is going to fall for a purple sign.

rate my fashion

I just invaded and could barely fucking lock on, what the hell was that?

you look like a mexican gardener

thanks for that guys - afraid i didnt do much during the fight

Surprised we did that in one go.

It's fine. For future reference you need to try and stay in front of the head so it doesn't turn. The fight is all about lining yourself up to get a proper punish after each attack, so if the host is running in circles the boss will just rotate during its recovery and the head can end up anywhere.
You don't have to be in its nostrils, just at that angle. You can be a good distance away.

Is arrow any good at 40 faith or does it get all its scaling after that point like the spears do?

oh, my bad. i assumed he was like kalameet where you just shin him to death

Head takes double damage, and the front of the head is the best spot to both see and avoid each attack. It's a well designed dragon compared to the previous attempts. It might seem that you can get away with hugging the ankles for a while, but you'll struggle to see things like the lunge forward, and you'll prevent any summons from getting maximum head damage.

BloodB/10

arrow is more about utility than damage, so it should be fine at 40fth

even at 60 with both rings and yorshkas you only get like high 200s/low 300s out of it

is SL 80 to late for Moundmaking?

the more you know

now i only have nameless k*ng left

It's never too late for moundmaking

No, invade dlc castle or archives. And you can get shekels from dueling, so you can't really miss the items

Damage will be a lot lower, but it's a good spell anyway in PvP because it's good at catching people. It still has utility even without max damage.
(This is 40)

>armored spider boss in des

I don't know how anyone can play on a map that isn't Round Plaza. i get instantly triggered the moment I see people trying to hide behind the environment to cheese you when you go after them, or to make the fight end in a draw.

Grand Roof is cancer in this regard.

I'll probably just go for it and take faith to 60. Feels wasteful not to use them miracles to their fullest potential, and it still leaves enough room for 20 str so I can use Jesus on a stick

is bident gud now?

>invade
>a Dorkmoon is summoned
>he has unlimited iframes on
cmon blueberries, as an ex-cop this just puts a bad taste in my mouth when fun police resort to hacks for the guaranteed ear

been lowkey good for a while. good fth scaling, synergizes well with buffs

New Souls game at TGS, just got a text from my dad Miyazaki.

are you sure it wasnt lag? why would someone stand around all day for a ce invasion when they could just spawn 30 ears and be done with it?

go back to bed, tanimura

Definitely hacks, I swing down and hit the Host yet the blueberry somehow was unscathed.

Name was "A Fidget Spinner" probably some meme character on a Family Share account..

For the griefing factor, perhaps. I've had multiple invaders who turn on i-frames and completely ignore blueberries while gunning for the host. They almost certainly don't need the tongues if they're doing that though.

It's been the best spear ever since GFS was nerfed, Bident faith scaling was buffed, Sharp was buffed, Faith buffed with Proj and Arrow and chain added. All of those changes push it ahead, now it would be good even if it weren't also the longest fucking spear.

Why is proj so good? I hear people bitch about it all the time and demand a nerf, but isn't it just a heal that isn't centered on the caster? What's the big deal?

It has a stupidly short casting time, so people in arena would make some distance, target it on the ground and effectively get a free unpunishable Estus. The spell as a whole was nerfed as a result, instead of making it heal the caster for less, because we can't have nice things.

there's no Sage Ring +3?

+2 already makes so you dont have to level dex at all

even +0 caps out at 15 dex

It started in Dwarf Fortress. A common newbie mistake was to let the game default to the basic loadout, which contained two cats. Having two cats would, at the time, eventually cause an exponential explosion of felines which you couldn't get rid of without making your dwarves suicidally depressed. So it sort of became a meme where a regular player will see 2 cat and not notice anything wrong, while a true neckbeard of the sort who will actually learn to play Dwarf Fortress will see it and heartily chuckle to themselves.

Hence, lmao 2cat

It was then applied to other vidya. Dark Souls gets it a lot, though, but 2kat in particular was because the dual katana wielding black phantom in Demon's Souls was an absolute asshole and the only enemy which dropped Pure Bladestone, and only at a tiny droprate after a long trek from the nearest shortcut.

>meta weapons hidden with hacked rings
you deserved the fuck out of it

additionally,
2cat refers to the dual tiger like bosses in frigid outskirts (Crown of the Ivory King).

I fucking wish there was a +3 ring in TRC, just so you don't have to NG+ two times over just to fucking max your cast speed.

Also 2ring to refer to any build that uses two spellboost rings.

Luckily it's 99% safe to CE in Sage Ring +2

So is that Dark Souls tabletop system still in the translation works?

Because I was pretty hyped for that

the boardgame? it's been out. unless there's another i haven't heard of

isn't life painful with 20END?

>hacked
git gud

Not if you know how to manage your stamina.