Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VIyrSkbwhX8
youtube.com/watch?v=jx2MnKZNmwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/thread

>worst things that happened to nissan
renault

This is more like it

Emissions regulations, introduction of tablets to cars, and the computerization craze (throttle/brake/steering by wire, et cetera)

Suvs
Stupid laws
Computer and ior electric fuckin everything
Biodegradable parts (lol bmw water pumps etc)
Daytime running lights (attributed to lack of common sense on part of inattentive drivers)
Nissan Langley: designed by alfa, styled by nissan.
EPA (trucking)

I was eagerly awaiting the announcement of a new title in one of my favorite vidya game series Forza (Forza 6) i had heard that not only would one of my Favorite games be revealed but also my favorite super car. i was so damn excited like a child who could barely sleep on Christmas eve. then... i got the reveal
youtube.com/watch?v=VIyrSkbwhX8
>ecoboost
>3.5 L V6
granted i didn't know if info about the car getting this engine was already available but this is where i first got the bad news. It was a cold and grey January that year...

This fucking cheap shit

>lolunderpowered
>put cars in the hands of uneducated plebeians, leading to a sharp rise in car accident deaths that continues to this day
>made car ownership less dignified, turned fine mechanics into morlock-tier gearheads
>permanently shifted cars towards noisy internal combustion engines, which while powerful are dirty and fill the city air full of smog
>is directly responsible for the blight that is intra-city highways
>and on top of everything else, the car isn't even fun to drive, needs to be cranked to start the engine (guess electricity ain't that bad of an idea after all), and will fucking kill you if you crash faster than 25 mph

Fuck Henry Ford for ruining the car industry. The plebs should have stayed on the buses where they belong. Car ownership should be a sign of class and taste, not a sport for rural trash and simpletons.

>Emissions regulations
I too wish we could go back to leaded smog.

Shutup, royal

I see no problem with this, post apocalyptic environments are comfy.

Constant Ford bail outs from the US Gubmint.

ITT: OP is an assmad GM fangirl

0/10 bait

Self driving cars. They're going to take over in the next few decades and I'm fucking scared.

*yawning*

And the gm bailouts. Should’ve let the cunts go under for good.

Keynesianism actually works. i mean somewhat

I think it was a good call.

Chrysler, on the other hand...

The entirety of Michigan would have been destitute.

Of you think Californians migranting everywhere was bad enough...

Guess what?
Nissan would not exist anymore without this happening.

Nissan just went to utter shit and not even Renault can fix it.

i was 12 once too and thought being edgy was cool

Which is a direct result of pic related.

GM Corporate Engine garbage in the early 80s that basically shoved Chevy shit into everything and said fuck you to Pontiac Buick and Olds

Motor Vehicle Safety Compliance Act (fuck you Mercedes)

other than that I dunno not much else was that bad

>Daytime running lights
what's the difference between these and just having your lights on all the time? is there an actual difference?

That almost kills Mercedes Benz because of poor awful reliability, worst quality, etc..thanks to Chrysler/Dodge shitty parts.

Right now, MB has been recovered after the DaimlerChrysler divorce.

Nürburgring

why not? look at other companies like suzuki
you cant tell me nissan would sell LESS cars than suzuki?

Yeah without Renault, No GTR.

the gtr pretty much is a letdown. if it would cost less, like it DID, then it would be more formidable.
but as it is, it seems like its in need of a refresh, and diet

Safety shit. A front airbag and ABS is all that anyone needs or deserves. Plus, a lighter car is less capable of causing fatal damage.

MB was the reason why it went to shit

They wanted their products to only be driven by old money spoiled brats, but they partnered with an American shitbox maker. They didn't want to help Chrysler in the lightest, they didn't really understand how a partnership worked.

Mercedes are as big of cunts as the people who drive their cars.

Being edgy is very cool, my young man. And post-apocalypse isn't edgy at all.

Holy shit this. Nissan's normal cars have been fucking shit for ever since the alliance.

>Plus, a lighter car is less capable of causing fatal damage.

This. The fucking vicious cycle of developing SUVs for stupid women so they can crash safely and they always need a bigger car to be safer and cause more damage to others and thus others needing bigger cars. Fuck

>everyone drives around 1500-2000 lb tube frame steel sheeted cars/trucks
>no need for 3+ liter engines because even just 150hp makes you accelerate like a dragster, so less pollution and gas usage
>head on 90 mph collisions dont even set off the airbags and barely cause whiplash as long as youre wearing your seatbelt

I'd add abhorrent visibility in the name of style and """safety"""
>Maybe I wouldn't need these fuckhuge pillars and face-high sills if I could see out of the car to not crash in the first place

>Almost single-handedly destroy the entire British automotive industry
Classic

R.I.P Albion

>MB was the reason why it went to shit
Maybe, but MB helped Chrysler to make 300C with their old RWD platform. However, this doesn't save them because Chrysler didn't offer anything to MB, but just something much worse. Components sharing.

>MB helped Chrysler to make 300C with their old RWD platform
True. In 2004, Chrysler launched the 300C saloon. The interesting thing about the 300C is that it was largely based on the W210-generation Mercedes E-Class built between 1995 and 2003 (though parts of the 300C are arguably more closely-related to the earlier W124-generation E-Class built between 1984 and 1996). This concept – that most Americans would be happy enough with a fifteen-year-old Mercedes clothed in Chrysler sheetmetal – was brilliant and led to a few other cars (including the Dodge Magnum estate, loosely based on the 1997 W210 Mercedes estate and confusingly sold as a Chrysler in England).

It is not the car, but the idea, that is innovative and important – that less-demanding customers (in this case, Americans) – can be satisfied with older, second-hand technology. As the world becomes more economically-intertwined, it does not necessarily become more uniform in consumer preferences.

Cont. from By exporting the W210 tooling (from robots to stamping dies to special hand tools and welding jigs) from Stuttgart, Germany to Detroit, USA, Mercedes got an additional nearly-ten-years of life out of tooling that would have been otherwise warehoused or scrapped. The revisions to the car were negligible compared to the cost of designing a model from the ground-up, and the fact that the model’s heavy tooling costs had already been amortised meant that the Chrysler product was very quickly profitable. Seeing a demand for an estate variant (American: “station wagon”) in addition to the saloon car (American: “sedan”), Mercedes even briefly revived the tooling for the W210 Mercedes E-class estate and began building the cars at Steyr in Graz, Austria (where old tooling is often warehoused by Mercedes, including the tools and dies needed to make every spare part for Mercedes’s military vehicles). The car was a financial success, and attracted some celebrity attention with a few famous owners (including Professor Barack Obama during his political ascent to Senator and, later, President).

In 2006, that business model no longer works because of crossfire, which is based off a decade old SLK. MB felt that Chrysler is no longer profitable, so they just decided to sell it in 2007.

FCA is going to be putting the 300/Charger/Challenger on the Maserati Ghibli platform, which is a modified platform of the current 300/Charger/Challenger.

It's not going to lose any weight or size, but the handling should be better.

At this point, that platform is it's own thing. It's the vehicular equivalent of Frankenstein.

>At this point, that platform is it's own thing. It's the vehicular equivalent of Frankenstein.

Yeah, MB won't let Chrysler to use their new sophisticated, advanced platform because this will lead the product-overlap and dilute MB. Remember Chrysler ME412? It rides on the SLR platform and has the new AMG V12.

>Mercedesfags are this delusional

Lol the ME412 was definitely not on an SLR platform. It was a bespoke platform developed by Metalcrafters and it was faster than the pigfat SLR in every regard.

Also I don't know why this fake news about the 300 = E Class is still around, it basically only used a few suspension components. The LX platform was a RWD evolution of the LH cars and was in development before Daimler took over.

Worst alliance ever. Fucking Renault spoiling the fun. No Silvia, no Pulsar, etc. We get a bunch of SUVs instead.

There's nothing in Nissan's line-up that isn't a 2000kg FWD CVT 1.6 shitbox with ancient suspension and Fisher Price interior.

So that faggots who never put thier lights on ever will have at least something lit when they do it at night.

Related, and worse:
>permanently lit dash
>enabling the bullshit above

COME BACK

banning petrol and diesel powered engines in our life time

5 mph bumpers, manditory sealed beam headlights and side markers

>sealed beam headlights

So what? You change the entire cluster in case a bulb goes out?

wut?
Shitssan is garbage because boring ass sendans, muh GTR (which renault helped fix its laughable DCT gearbox in the first models) and the godawful FUCKING JUKE.

Meanwhile, Renault has made tremendous effort to improve their reliability, sells actually affordable and fun to drive hatchback, is heavily invested in motorsport and is trying to revive Alpine.
Renault is known for taking risk and release odd ball wonders.
Shitssan is just stuck somewhere in secluded Japan wanking in the corner. A clueless manufacturer who was saved by Renault. Just look at the 2015 Le Mans proto, what a fucking farce...
-Should we build a GT spec GTR?
-nope, let's build the worst lmp1 ever. And let's make it FWD!
shows how moronic shitssan is.

I'm aware that Renault is doing fine on its own. The problem is Nissan, or Renault's influence on Nissan. It's too much of a coincidence that many of their models became crap when the alliance started.

Globalism.

It was mostly due to the fact that Renault pulled Nissan out of financial ruin, but to do that they had to scrap most of the low profit/volume cars (anything sporty, really) and focus on whatever happened to be selling well.

Unfortunately, Nissan hasn't gotten its shit together since then. They're basically the new Mitsubishi, except with the GT-R instead of the Evo.

>being this autistic about a shitty parts bin land barge

/thread

When exactly did Toyota go to shit? When they stopped making the Celica?

They operate as separate companies, but they share car bases; the Clio is just a Micra with a different body shell, for example. Renault haven't made them stop making things like the Silvia, that was a Nissan decision because the Silvia line just wasn't sustainable in a changing market. If they reworked the Silvia into an MX-5 competitor I think they might have a chance to do well, since that's one area of the market that Nissan are really lacking in.

The Juke, even if you hate the look or crossovers in general, is actually a fantastically built car and is good all-around. I can't say much, but the 2nd Gen Juke is being designed by Nissan UK and will look a lot better than the Jap-designed 1st Gen. Just look at the 1st Gen Jap-designed Leaf in comparison to the 2nd Gen Brit-designed Leaf.

Also, Renault's factories are so garbage and inefficient because of their lazy workforce that they have to hire Nissan employees from the UK to go to France and try to salvage their operations on a regular basis.

When they started making all Corollas front wheel drive.

i wasnt aware Mitsubishi was making a loss
are they?

>They're basically the new Mitsubishi, except with the GT-R instead of the Evo.

GT-R Crossover when?

You really aren't old enough to be playing Fallout 4, kiddo.

>GT-R Crossover
It's called the Juke-R
youtube.com/watch?v=jx2MnKZNmwM

joke-r

whats wrong with the juke?

NOW INTRODUCING THE NEW GT-R PACKAGE FOR OUR ENTIRE LINEUP

FOR JUST $2300 YOU GET A SPECIAL BODYKIT, BIG WING, BLUE TRIM SEATS AND A GT-R EMBLEM ON THE BACK OF WHATEVER NEW NISSAN YOU CHOOSE

ORDER YOURS TODAY!

They got financially fucked in the ass over some fuel economy scandal a while back, I think Nissan bought them up recently. That's how fucked they are.

Nissan has always and forever been shit. Nissan and Renault are a perfect pair.

The beginning of the end for the British auto industry.

Wow, didnt know this.

So the new lancia thema which is a 300c rebrand is basically and old Mercedes?

it's a shitty crossover?

reddit cocksucker spotted

Press f to pay respects

Entire braindead history of GM

the funny thing is that they used these old parts and made a much worse vehicle. 300's as well as everything else mad eon that platform is a gigantic piece of shit.

Short answer; 1973 oil crisis

no, the mr2 died