I drove one of your beloved Hachiroku today

I drove one of your beloved Hachiroku today.

It was uninspiring, poorly built, slow, ugly, sad, boring, dismal, and wasteful.

The interior was of a palette of silver and black plastic, while the seats were worthless and the driving feel wasn’t just forgetful, it was remarkably blow average. It felt like I was driving a large house made of plastic and sadness.

Unpopular carpinion: If you want a truck or fullsize SUV, buy a Ford. If you want a car, buy a Civic. If you want a glorified Corolla, eat a dick.

>I drove one of your beloved Hachiroku today.
Were you doing Hectic Skidz on the Local Touge?
If not, you weren't doing it right.

Hachiroku thread?

Putting this engine in mine soon.

I concur.

Engine bay already painted and ready, just waiting on engine mounts to arrive

I’ve seen 86s parked at car meets, but I’ve only ever seen one 86s while driving on the road. It was a bright blue color, had a small exhaust/muffler but was extremely loud, and it was really fast. Like, I tried to catch up to it when the light turned green but it sped off too fast for me to be able to catch up.

if you're the same guy, don't chop the core support like everyone says you need to do

you can get it in there, trust me

just bash the fuck out of the tranny tunnel and drop it in near vertical, then pivot it in

Thats the plan...jack up the rear as high as i can and wedge that bitch in there.

>but it sped off too fast for me to be able to catch up.

hold on that can't be right

i mean i own one and it'd be pretty slow unless you had about 400hp

It's a fucking corolla what did you expect?
They were and always will be built cheep with reasonable quality for the price and reliable.

Nah this guy had definitely done something to the engine or completely replaced it with something else, because as soon as he hits the throttle he bolts off. It’s probably one of the faster cars I’ve seen on the road with my own eyes.

GT86 makes about 200hp bone stock. They're slow cars.

I’m not talking about a GT86, I’m talking about the AE86. It even had “HACHI-6” as the license plate.

Tell me why I should respect your opinion.

Oh. Bone stock those made like 120hp. Unlikely many are stock now though.

This is some next level bait, hell, you even got me.
No shit, is a car that was suppoused to cost 2-5k and be a small, go-from-a-to-b-quick car, and ofc, a fucking corolla but it proved itself as a kingslayer many times. It also got memed a lot, but rarely on Veeky Forums (as a good car)

>TWIN CAM 20
that's a sick replacement sticker for silver/blacktop conversions

AE86's are pretty quick once the engine has been modified. The car is really light, even something like 170-190hp gives it a pretty decent power to weight

Nice pasta

>drive 40 year old Japanese econobox
>surprised that it's shit
Gets your noggin' joggin'

2-5k? What? It was $12k in the US in the 80s for a GTS ($28k today).

>113 hp when new
>30 year old economy car
>interior made out of disposable food trays
>sounds like a leaf blower
>looks like a dust buster
>can't into freeways and modern speed limits
>seat collapses through the rusted undercarriage on the touge
>forces you to interact with cholos and poor asians
>4" speakers
>good luck getting the AC to work
>reverse wiring
>scratch the car and it's totaled
>leakier than your sister during her period
>4 cylinders
>can't tell people you have anything but a Corolla and there's no reasonable explanation for why you bought this piece of shit
>$7000
>starring car in a poorly animated cartoon with outdated Eurovision reject songs driven by a beta protagonist peer pressured into giving up a real future for speedy speed boy by his manipulative dad and idiotic friends

That was cathartic.

year old economy car

This is always a shit argument when the car is designed as a sports car, intentionally keeping the RWD as the generation went FWD otherwise.

A normal Ae86 in Japan costed around 120k yen, around. But that is not the point! It was a economy car!

Oh hey, someone saved my old shitpost. It's all true, but they're still by far my favorite cars to own.

Yeah, it was as economical as an AW11 or FX16 GTS. AE86s with non-4AGE engines were very different. Do you call an STI an economy car because it shares a chassis with the Impreza?

Fact: The AE86 is more of a race car than anything you drive

does it rev to 11k?