>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
Last thread:

Thank you for increasing turn time FaerieFen and
and TurtleIsland Admin.

This was not meant to sound sarcastic, although it's a bit ironic considering the thread name.

BreakingTheWheel admin, decrease hosting time for the first turn by 24 hours. If any of two remaining fags stale on the first turn, restart without them. Better have less players than Lukasing the game from the start.

>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

The wheel turns again

Also, restart if they don't do a double turn.

>Last thread
I liked it better when it was "previous pantokrator"

>also, restart
FTFY

Then maybe you can host next time, I don't like to host I only did it because there was no thread and no one made a new one.

Fuck you guys, game started at 10pm, go ahead and unstart, remove Arco, I don't want to play with fags who are too impatient for me to get home and actually put effort into RP, can RP in my other games.

>UW, amphibians, and sailors only.
>Skeletons and the like are fine too, they go UW.
>Ulm
Having an Allfather as pretender doesnt categorize as "sailing nation"

Also, link to map is dead

Are you this sensitive? How can you even deal with normal games?

I handle normal games fine, have 3 pbem wins in fact. I was looking forward to doing some RP this evening, sending my turn in and getting to do a double. Wake up 7 hours after I get the first turn, and I already have resends. Who the fuck wants to play LA w/o ME anyway?

>probably just one guy making a lot of noise
>throw a hissy fit because of them

Dude, c'mon.

This is a dumb policy to suggest if it's not announced before the game starts.

Agreed.

Anything which lowers the time until the next turn is due should only be done with 24 hours of warning so everyone gets a chance to see it.

Put that flesh eater down, son, you're raging a little hard there.

How do you deal with EN giants early game? I'm fomoria, trying out tangle vines to start out, working on getting spamulets.

It's Hinnom, if it matters.

dont you have your own EN giants to fight them with?

What's the appeal of this game
It's literally just card board cut-outs deducting numbers from other cut-outs

Lol I think Yomi just snapped

it's like a tabletop boardgame/wargame with crazy gods and magic and shit that just happens to run on a computer so that a lot of things can be simulated/computed instead of laboriously dice rolled and managed by a person.

What did he do?

what like got mad? or their defenses broke? or all of the above at once...

He's attacking everything indiscriminately

Imagine playing Dominions board game

Well I WOULD like to be able to see the damage for spells and shit the replay doesn't cover even on the most detailed setting. Who the fuck thought only showing melee combat was a good idea?

Kailasa invaded him so he is fighting back, who else did he hit?

>invading the victim of elf takeover
Malakal is so predictable.

press 2 or 3 for increased detail in your log
there are some other useful commands too, press ? on the replay screen (or on any screen) to see the hotkeys available

But he is playing elves so?

Kailasa's Malakal, Agartha's Malakal, Vanheim' Malakal, are there any other Malakals I should know about??

Well probably not Yomi

Yomi can we talk in the steam chat? Been trying to reach you for a few turns, we need to discuss army movement.

That's what Malakal wants you to think.

I'm there.

t. Malakal

Hey your army next to my throne is just there coincidentally, right?

In case you missed my bajillion previous posts I need a passage thru Yomi to help him fight elves.

I see. I will keep at my efforts to build the round-ear alliance.

You should also send one army to fight elves. If we all do we win thru attrition alone.

I love malakals!

I just realized that for all the fantasy races it has dominions doesn't have orcs.

Well, Dominions uses mythological/legendary races rather than fantasy ones, so...

Well, dominions doesn't really have fantasy races (with some exceptions, like Starspawn) but instead is based on various real-world mythologies. Say, the elves aren't "Tolkien elves" but Tuatha de Danann/Vanir (Tolkien himself of course was inspired by these sources as well but a lot of subsequent fantasy media is based on his interpretation or Dungeons or Dragons based on Tolkien's interpretation).

Tell that to R'lyeh.
I'm fairly sure I once read that orcs are based on some Scandinavian monster.

Why did I fall for the earth snake meme? What an awful pretender.

I would rather have a ghost king or some other shitter.

>expanding into ichtyids with a pretender
What an idiot. Ichtyids dont play around, their nets are basically made for fucking up monsters.

If you want to kill ichtyids - or for that matter any thing with a net - it'd be advisable for you to send along some chaff. Just ten mermen would make a world of a difference.

Malakal is Agartha, CoolStory is Vanheim. Kailasa is, uhh, that guy from /v/anheim.

delete this

Machaka is the next best thing.

>Suddenly doubts

What the hell was this about, Yomi? Either AI yourself or don't. It's not like copying AI's play style is gonna help you.

Ayy new turn. Some of these opening messages are kinda spergy, tbqh, more so than I was expecting.

I'm a fantasy writer, my autism knows no bounds

RP games were a mistake

post message screencaps

Sounds like a regular game with multiple Malakal's alts.

I phrased that improperly. I was expecting the 'forsooth we are ensouled nevermore' ones, and even the poem isn't too bad, although a bunch of the lines don't rhyme. "Throne, gone, undone"? C'mon.
But Xibalba and Caelum are this weird blend of trying to be fantasy but using casual language patterns and certain word choices which set the tone into this half-comic half-tryhard nightmare.

At least list your nation so we can gangbang you in-character.

Oh boy, this is gonna take a while. Stand by while I compile the multi-messages and all the prophet names, it'll take a dozen posts either way.

It was the shaman casting summon water power into numbness.

Just make one big image, nigga.

Listen, that might exceed Veeky Forums's max filesize ;)))

Plus, it keeps the thread going for a while.

Let's begin with prophet names. C'tis, Gath, and Xibalba did not declare prophets turn 1. Utgard declared a prophet, but sent no turn 1 message.

Moving on, we have Arco's turn 1 message.

This tells me nothing about Arco's situation or pretender, but it sets the mood. Presumably we'll learn more when more direct diplomacy begins.

>Captcha: Select all squares that match the label: Wheel

Lemuria's turn 1 message(s) take the form of a poem, and do get to the point. It shows that Lemuria isn't going for the full chaotic-evil madmen route, certainly.

I appreciate the style Man's going for here, and it nicely brings us down from the cosmic levels Arco was talking about and the poem of Lemuria, reminding us that we're still on Earth (Valanis, technically).

An actual message from the prophet of Ulm. It seems that the Thin White Duke himself has yet to appear.

Caelum's ranting of the Raptor Clan, the lengthiest mesasge sent. Seems a bit like it's rushing through information to me, but so be it.

C'tis. I doubt diplomacy is going to go well with them.

Pangea. Their (last?) hope is here, I think.

Bogarus introduces their pretender. I like it, and it does feel like the Slavic folklore that Bogarus is based on.

Patala's also got a nice one. Might be more befitting of Bandar Log rather than snakeland, but perhaps these snakes have found some enlightenment too.

Last time I participated in an RP house rule game (outside /domg/), I lost very quickly and was never able to properly play my character, this time I wanted to set up the stage for some "outs" depending on how the game proceeds (Raptor Clan nazis vs Prophet turns out to be a fraud as the real god awakens, and a few other options I've planned).

In other words, the author is a fucking sperg. Sorry!

Gath reveals that Kronos is actually just Kronos. I can't object to that.

Xibalba slings out a few plothooks from the perspective of some Muuch, perhaps their prophet.

While this message would play best if any of the mentioned nations were in the game, it does lead to new hooks- Where did mictlan, atlantis, and r'lyeh go?

And that's our last message. Who will the heroes be? The villains? What will Utgard say, if Utgard ever says? What do the prophet names signify? All this and more, in six fucking months probably

Patience. Though time is running short, patience is of great importance.

I'm actually designing a boardgame inspired by Dominions (and Master of Magic, HoMM3, Catan, Civ et al)

Making Dominion-esque mechanics work in that medium is a challenge, they're mush more suited for literal wargames.

Jokes on you, I'm going to just write a 400 page story about Merlin not being around because he's "imprisoned" in sexual confinement by the sorceress Nimue.

I'm Scandinavian, we mostly have trolls, gnomes, giants and Elves.

The original text of Beowulf refers to orcneas in a list of evil creatures, but nobody knows exactly what it's referring to.

Tolkein was a huge beowulf buttboy and I'd be surprised if that weren't a big part of his choice.

P.s. Merlin's story will start probably like this.

>"Now, Merlin, bound as you are I can take my time with you."
>Merlin is bound to a table with anti-magic chains stopping him from casting spells. He is wearing nothing but his underwear and wizard hat.
>*record scratch*'
>"WOAH, STOP THE CLOCK! WHO'S THAT HANDSOME GUY THERE?"
>"YEAH, THAT'S ME. YOU'RE PROBABLY WONDERING HOW I GOT INTO THIS MESS"

t. Merlin "I'm bringing the 'Magical' back into 'Magical Realm'"

I'm not actually going to write 400 pages of Merlin slash fic.

>Magical Realm

How many Veeky Forums regulars are in here, anyway? Or has Gunshow spread farther than I thought?

Used to be on Veeky Forums before it died. Now just
>/domg/
>/gsg/
>/mbg/
>Veeky Forums

Unless Summod changed it, IIRC nets do not work vs size6

I used to be a Veeky Forums regular but these days its just shit and slow.

reporting in

Post your best strats for when you're definitely going to lose and you want to make it as painful as possible for the one doing it.

Bane Venom Charms.

Suicide hellpower squads are, as always, my go-to source of fun.

That being said, there's something genuinely pleasant about the down-to-earth act of pillaging and bloodhunting all your soon-to-be-lost provinces with every army and commander in sight just to spite your enemy and make sure that they won't be getting income or recruitment for a while.

I like modnation games!