/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #65

School's out edition.

Last Thread: Latest News
>A new legendary duelist will be arriving on the 19/20th. Will it be Solomon Muto? Mokuba? Johnny Steps?
>The duelist level cap is being raised from 35 to 40 in the same update as the above
>Ranked Duels are going to be changed in July. There will be additional tiers, new rewards, and display changes. Check the in-game notifications tab for more information
>New box Crimson Kingdom is out. Lots of Zombie, Fire, and Red Eyes support, as well as good generic beaters
>The "Duel-A-Thon" event is here until the 18/19th. Get extra rewards for grinding every day and throughout the event
>Yami Bakura will return with a gate based event at the end of June
>The first update to the limit/ban list is likely coming soon

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc.
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/
yugidecks.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>What is this game? It's mobile Yu-Gi-Oh! using the speed duel format and a smaller card pool. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it, and not too difficult to learn if you're completely new
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're really unsure about what to buy, Crimson Kingdom has high attack 4-star monsters at low rarities
>Some people recommend not leveling your stage past 35, but if you're not having trouble with the standard duelists advancing stages nets you some gems and jewels
>Level up Mai and Keith quickly to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13202757
youtu.be/4vsFLk3LUh4
imgur.com/a/qTRnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>its a you get 1 SR and 0 URs in 10 packs episode
I have no idea what I'll do when I max level all my characters

>kinda new to the game
>has rogue dolls, sphere kuriboh
magical marionette is better than DMG by herself and I'd personally remove a rogue doll for another spell/trap

I want an anime follow the charmers in the monster world

Here's my plant deck.

Imo one of food chains should probably be replaced with another tornado or dgate.

At what time?

Here's my regular bluff trap deck. Waiting for a freed to replace the scorpion but against 3SD if you can get a kill with the scorpion it snowballs pretty quick.

Here are my 3 bluff trap decks. I enjoy the jowls one the most probably.

How are you finding having only 2 amarylease?

One more time

strawpoll.me/13202757

YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SURVIVE THIS KIND OF FIREPOWER

Why did they not give UR/SR/R cards a shiny effect? All cards look like common cards.

Three seems like too many. Swapping one for a crystal seer increases consistency. There are many ways to get your big monster out and I've never used amarylease's effect more than twice in a duel.

>tfw they'll never add my waifu

>mission to summon 3 red eyes in one duel
>konami only provides you with 2 by default
nice
how can i do this without buying third red eyes from card trader?

youtu.be/4vsFLk3LUh4

red eyes spirit

Is getting a third ryrioku too much? im so tempted to get it but I also want to buy more of those level 8 fairy's do a fairy deck with Freya and court of justice

When the time is right, user.

motorcycles

i think most people carry two for farming
idk what kind of deck you're trying to build that you think 3 riryoku is needed

Is there any question he was cheating still?

3 would've been good like months ago, but nowadays isn't really worth it. Like, I had gotten to KOG with 3 Riryoku piloting Rex back in like Feb/March but nowadays there are so many other options than just brute force. Riryoku was the out to Mirror Wall since that was the main defensive play to expect.

I just played a ranked duel and forgot to switch over from my farming deck...I won....This is Plat 3....

there was apparently a fairy's smile court of justice with joans ranked high in the WC

imo yes 3rd riryoku is overkill. I use 2 for my victory viper deck and it's a centerpiece to the deck.

Kek what was the matchup?

>that Dimension Gate into Dust Tornado play
>that jab at Tea burn players
Alright, I kinda like this guy, but man I'm jealous of his skills and card pool. Next tournament I really want to have a deck and enough practice so that I can compete at this level.

Will a Spellcaster spell counter deck ever be top tier, or at least good?

Also, I currently have an Endymion and two Marionettes, should I replace a Marionette with a Chaos Command Magician?

Kaiba with his mountain skill. He just put some monster face down. Luckily I got Cerberus in my opening hand. Once I had 5000ATK I put Ceal down and that was it. Not sure wtf he was doing.

Was meant for

I can't see it being competitive right now, but maybe sometime down the road with more support. It's too slow and 1700 is too small before Crimson Kingdom, let alone after. It's nowhere near memey or gimmicky enough.

Why are these chinks still awake. I want to get to KoG already.

Esperbro back again, I'm still unsure about psychic monsters, I love them but I need some advice, I need another borg for certain but how do I enter my deck around the specifically as I need probably more bright futures and more cards to get them too and from the grave yard but I'm doing so I need to get rid of monsters or go past 20 cards to fit in more defensive cards/psychic support cards.

What do?

God the typos sorry guys should have read it again.

soon

Did that with Elements Unite during the WC in Gold 5. Man I wish I'd saved that game.

I'm bored of DL now. Anybody want an account with HHG, 2 Mirror Walls, 1 E-Con, 1 S Kuriboh, etc etc. for $30?

Here's the URs/SRs
imgur.com/a/qTRnQ

Obviously decent Rs like Windstorm are there too.

Does anyone else get connection errors all the time? Whenever I or the opponent deals the finishing blow I get that message. It only happens since yesterday or so.

Oh yeah, I was wondering if anyone was getting this as well. I've gotten DCed right as I was about to lose and it seemed like more people were rage quitting than usual.

Wow, what a value!

Yeah I get that, and it's not even just the finishing turns, sometimes it happens in the middle of a duel when it's anyone's game, and it's annoying because that's how I end up losing to 3SD and Weevil players most of the time. My internet connection is fine, I check it constantly and take screenshots whenever the game freezes for a bit since that's the sign the message might show up.

this has to be a scam. if that didn't take $100+ then it took as much in time

Guess it's Konamis fault then.

It took 2 months and some good luck, but not $100.

I had it up for sale for more but no one wanted it.

It's not that impressive. Especially considering that the guy could just be scamming people. Like after 2 months of playing most people could have 1 box of UR, 1 box of NI, and 1 1/2 boxes of VR which is what it looks like.

I knew I should've chose CV as my WCQ reward

FUCK

sum1 post the new modded apk update pl0x
>runs 3 craniums but no psychic reactors
nigga u dum

This is exactly why I'm putting off making my pick until the very last day. I don't want to regret my choice if I happen to pull something I get while farming/dueling.

no scam. better places to scam people than the chinese cartoons imageboard I've been visiting for 10 years.

I bet you hoard 9999 jimmies too.

iktf, I should have chosen electro

i farmed 3 priestesses, 3 recruiters, and one stele (unfortunately no luck with chiefs tho). How close am i to creating a decent gravekeeper deck? Also how many oracles from card trader do i need?

also try running multiple psi stations and using kaiba's beatdown skill to get telekinetic and genetic woman to 2300 attack

Going to cook now.

zorc @ teknik.io if any of thou wants it.

Nah, I'm down to 2 since I had been saving them for the new pack. Although I did have what's considered to be good luck judging by troubled pack-puller anons' posts -- pulled 5 URs and 3 SRs in 28 packs. The only people left I really want cards from as far as LDs go are Kaiba (1 Econ, 1 CV) and Ishizu (1 Chief).

Chiefs are mandatory, as are Oracles, and I think you want at least 2 of both, maybe 3 Chiefs.

when

If I did I would lose out on borgs boost as banishes them I use him as a deck sifter to pull a borg and be able to supremacy berry

Fuck. Looks like i will have to start buying those yellow keys from trader. Getting those oracles shouldn't be an issue tho.
Also which one is better for this deck - soul exchange or double summon?

>zorc

Double Summon has priority. Soul Exchange is really just for Chief or Econ.

double summon but you can pull off some bluffs with SE against 3ds

Really though, I am Zorc. A Zorc who wants $30.

got your double summons/soul exchanges/legion too?

my loaner deck today was gravekeepers so it was nice testdriving it

>Level 40 Mai reward

>Level 40 Joey Reward

Anyone have an example BLS deck? Besides both rituals, Gateway to Chaos and a Swift Gaia im blanking on what else to run in it.

that card at 2 is borked in a 4000 LP game.

Same, I still can't decide between Barrel Dragon/Big Shield Gardna and Red Eyes Spirit/Union Attack

>Summon Red Eyes B Chick
>Summon Red Eyes Black Dragon
>Inferno Fire Blast
>Inferno Fire Blast

lmao ez gg no re

Spoiler alert for the new levels. At 38 each character will get a new skill. You'll love Joey's and Ishizu's.

Yugi when? I want to play with my favourite DM character

He'll be the last DM character playable, right before they move onto GX.

I want to marry Summoned Skull! pic unrelated

Pfff I doubt it

>I'm totally a judge guys, so that means my word is absolute and final :^)
So I guess that means that Hayabusa Knight got misprinted as an effect monster eh? Because monsters are absolutely not allowed to attack twice in the same Battle phase bruh ;))))
[/sarcasm]

The rulebook literally, L I T E R A L L Y says that card effects take precedence over game rules, so Counter Counter would still be able to respond to/negate counter traps, EVEN if it was a normal trap.

How well do you get with these decks? How far up ranked?

>lvl6 monster
>You cannot tribute or normal summon this monster
>b-b-but the rules

>can't get out of gold with my hhg deck
>start tilting
>face a kaibaman
>vanguard pushes my shit in
>400lp/3200lp
>buffed his vanguard with BEWD
>draw econ
>oh boy!
>i play harpie1
>destroy my WT
>picked vanguard
>BEWD comes out
>starts sending emote
>attack his face down (kaibaman)
>econ take his BEWD for game
>"waiting for response"

>what is reading comprehension

Silly user, don't you know that if you beat your enemies, they win?

The thing is, nothing in Counter Counter's effect says it can be chained to a Spell Speed 3 card.

So there's nothing in the card's text that lets it behave differently.

Don't like playing ranked. I know gunsblazing got to one game to KoG with a similar deck as my non plant one, but with freeds. You can definitely get to KoG with bluff trap but 3sd fucks you over a bit.

>Viper is just a family man who wants his son back
I ri erry tim ;_;7

Except it does.

user, it is already in the game

>Demotion DM Turbo goes into maximum overkill

If they do add new skill for lvl 40 what happens to the people who already have 12 skills slots filled are they just SOL

>Negate the activation of a Counter Trap Card, and destroy it.
Where?

>>Negate the activation of a Counter Trap Card, and destroy it.
????

Where does it say you can chain it to a Spell Speed 3 card?
It only says you can negate the activation of one and destroy it. It doesn't say you can chain it to one.

I agree that you can't chain it based on the original wording due to spell speed, but you can hardly blame that user for thinking otherwise. Spell speed is an obtuse subject for most players and the fact that it makes the original Counter Counter useless is retarded.

Does Pot of Greed need a 'you can activate this during your Main Phase' clause?
It does not, so I guess that means you can't activate Pot of Greed :^)

It doesn't have to. The game's rules say you can activate normal spells during your Main Phase 1 or 2.
We're talking about a card's text letting it supersede the rules. Your proposed used of Pot of Greed isn't superseding the rules, so there's no need to any additional text.

Lol CreativTimothy admitting to using a modded apk to farm, what a retard

Why would there be a limit to a character's skillset? You can't delete any of them once you get them, so it's just a collect-a-thon.

DING DONG BANNU

>burned through all 1000 of my yellow keys
>still no fossil excavation
it's like this game doesn't want me to use black tyranno

And Counter Counter specifically states that it negates and destroys counter traps, meaning that it's card effect overrides the normal rules of the game, as stated in the rulebook.

>And Counter Counter specifically states that it negates and destroys counter traps
Yes. It does.
But it does not say it can be activated in response to a Spell Speed 3 card, which is what would be necessary for it to supersede the rules.

In order for the misprinted Normal Trap version of Counter Counter to work, it would need the help of another card that gives it that ability, because no text on it gives it to itself.

The issue and confusion here is coming from you making assumptions. This problem should be resolved by simply reading the card.

Got a link to that deck?