youtube.com/watch?v=C4hv78vtBxM
youtu.be/rnktwJ71LBA?t=8m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=FxrWTZjtCXo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times
lmgtfy.com/?q=fwd rally cars
youtube.com/watch?v=l4fWjhNRX8A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not that one

FWD being boring is a meme, most Veeky Forumstists praise RWD but they have never been on a track and if they have RWD they have never took full advantage of it.
Sure RWD is more sporty and all but you can enjoy track and road with a FWD as good as you can in the other options, if you are a professional driver and know where your car limits are you'll be able to spot the difference between both.

It's not like RWD suddenly makes a car good or makes you a better driver. The main differences are RWD tends to have more even weight distribution and has wheel spin instead of wheel hop when accelerating too quickly for your tires. Oversteer vs understeer is more about your suspension than where power is put down but there is a TENDENCY for RWD cars to oversteer and FWD cars to understeer.

>Is FWD as boring as people say?
Only if you don't know how to drive a FWD car.

Depends on the car and more importantly the driver. Some will rotate nicely into a corner, some are pigs. None of it matters if the driver is shit though either way.

When you're going straight for a long time doing 140mph, you don't really feel the difference between RWD and FWD, but it's still fun either way.

if it's a light, small car with a short wheelbase then it's most centrally not boring
but then again, a car with the same characteristics but rwd will be more fun every time

while going sideways is fun, doing grip runs is also fun. Theres a nice balance between the throttle and steering wheel IN FWD, getting it just right is awesome.

FWD is normally alot cheaper as well. Saving money is also fun.

>but then again, a car with the same characteristics but rwd will be more fun every time
Why?

because that gives you more options, and it's basic physics
and it feels nicer to be pushed than to be dragged

>its basically physics
oh boy you sure are fucking stupid. This has nothing to do with "fun factor" and I'm sure you'll attempt to quantify this based on your derivatives you didn't make on "physics" You somehow think its better to oversteer than to understeer like it makes a difference at all.

>Theres a nice balance between the throttle and steering wheel IN FWD
This.

FWD driving is a skillset of it's own, and that makes it fun and interesting.

Maybe because American fwd cars have generally in the past been pigfat with a slush box in large sedan form so they are not enjoyable to drive? They weren't exposed to classic, light high-revving manual hot hatches (Civic Type Rs, Daihatsu gtti, Clio Williams etc) so the cultural boundary is still there.

I enjoy my Civic Si more than I did my 2013 frs

youtube.com/watch?v=C4hv78vtBxM

It depends if you're retarded enough to drive like a 'boi racer' on public roads.

Don't hate because we can't pay for track days every day. What am I supposed to do, Go to the arcade and play Maximum Tune every day and then talk about how I've perfected the art of driving the RWD Toyota AE 86 but not IRL, in a video game?

Usually. There are some FWD that are a hoot, but usually it's only FWD because of Jews and shekels.

front wheel drive, yes

What I don't like about front wheel drive is the torque steer.

>step on gas, steering wheel moves
>step on brakes, steering wheel moves
>fart, steering wheel moves

I shit on FWD for a long time because I'd only ever experienced it in automagic Ameribarges, owned nothing but RWD and 50/50 AWD until I got my '96 Accord 5-speed wagon for a commuter

In the city you don't notice it, but on the touge it's actually a fucking hoot
you can pretty much keep your foot on the gas and left foot brake around corners as long as you don't have to downshift

I always heard "oh this car rotates" in videos and stuff, but never actually experienced it - the car literally feels like its four wheel steering around corners which turns into progressive and manageable oversteer - it's fuckin fun!

my accord is a boat compared to a CRX and understeers like crazy, but managing and controlling that with throttle/brake inputs and weight transfer and all that is a really good skill in itself as he said
that said, I hate not being to able to kick out the rear at a whim especially in the wet, feelscuckedman

>Being able to afford track days
I've gone to one track day. I was dead set on going and I didn't care about the cost.
>Went on a Wednesday, which was just a casual open day
>2.5hour drive South
>Thankfully I had a helmet from when I did oval lead sked racing
>$375 entry fee, unless member
>For the 6 hours I was there I maybe got two hours worth of driving time in

The road course was a blast, sure, but I won't go again.

The thing about FWD cars is you have to drive them differently to have fun. RWD cars, it's all about accleration on corner exit.

With FWD, it's about braking on corner entry and getting the back to rotate.

Sure you can't DORIFTO as easily with a FWD. But I doubt the people with mustangs and such drift all that much anyways.

If you try to drive it like a RWD car, then yes.

Driving a FWD means you have to put more skill into a corner, driving a RWD means you need more skill exiting a corner.

On a mountain pass FWD is great, heavy left foot braking with high entry speed means high exit speed. You carry a lot of momentum through the corner and that's how you drive fast in a FWD.

That being said RWD is a lot more fun than FWD because you can do a lot more with it, but don't discount FWD.

FWD delivers 90% of the engine's power directly to the wheels and is lighter than RWD. RWD will add a literal ton to the curb weight and only send 80% of the engine's power to the wheels.

>hold steering wheel
>it doesnt move
am i a magician or are you a faggot?

Interesting.

Second. Just hold the damn steering wheel, shouldn't be all that hard to counter torque steer if you're paying attention and know your car

seat cupra is fwd/fwd based awd but its hoonmobile af
buddy owns one, we live literally next to mountain pass in georgia caucasus, its amazing drive
also objectively best looking hatch there is

What is the point of having less drivetrain loss if the car handles worse? Drag racing?

only boring people say fwd is boring and/or those who dont know how to drive

If you treat FWD like RWD, you won't have as good a time or recognize its beneficial aspects.

>blah blah blah shit everyone already knows

he said absolutely nothing about how to handle each car when you begin losing control

I think most cars can be not boring if you drive them properly.
I drive a skoda estate everyday and manage to make it fun on a good road.

It's not as fun as my old rwd bmw or awd subaru but it can be fun.

Well I skid around corners in my mustang so you can’t just assume there. For what it’s worth I’ve done more than the necessary suspension work.

I've "fishtailed" in a Camry before after turning right over wet leaves. In fwd cars, you have to brake properly going into turns, or your car's momentum will make you lose control of your rear end. In my Prelude, going fast into turns is fun because it's a lightweight car that's low to the ground, so it's easy to apply enough brake to maintain control. The Camry I was in rides higher over the ground, and is designed to give a more "comfortable" ride, so it gives less feedback to the driver through the steering wheel. It was definitely more unnerving for me to drive it on the streets.

>Škoda
>fun
Found the Pepik.

>>blah blah blah shit everyone already knows
Given that everybody rides the bus and watches drifting videos on YouTube, I doubt it.

>tfw I'm a poorfag who lives in a 3rd world shithole and 95% of the cars on the road are FWD, the 5% are all over 100k here, 4WD are almost non-existent.

I mean, I don't have a problem with FWD, but I don't even know what it is to drive a proper car with RWD, I could buy an old VW Beetle or Chevette but these pathetic things are so slow and boring that I don't see the difference in driving those and driving a FWD.

When i was 14 or something i was like "YEY DRIFTING IS KOOL AND IF YOU DRIVE A FWD YOU'RE GAY!!!!! YEY I WATCHED INITIAL D!!!"

As i have matured i have realised that it doesnt really matter if my car is fwd or rwd because you CAN'T drift n shit on the public roads and in the traffic. While drifting is pretty fun and stuff, but because i dont need to drift all the way to work every morning it doesnt matter if my car is fwd or rwd.

what if there is no traffic
like at 3 am

There is more to a car than just the drivetrain layout. It is the overall build, or the sum of it's parts that's important.
youtu.be/rnktwJ71LBA?t=8m45s

Are you 16 now?

Does this look boring?
youtube.com/watch?v=FxrWTZjtCXo

Then you still cant drift because you are only marginally more skilled than the average driver even though you post on an anime driving imageboard

What most people won't tell you is working on FWD vehicles, especially suspension stuff, is a pain in the ass compared to RWD.

I drove my friends mazda 2 for a while. Drove it up a particular way to his house multiple times. Even though it was an auto, the low weight and small size ironically made it the most fun I have had in a car.
I think the true key to fun is lightweight and engine characteristics you like.

Driving a MK3 GTI. Just 116hp but a shitton of fun if you ask me. And its cheap. RWD is fine if not better for casual grip racing but utterly useless for drifts and wheelspins.

Are you saying RWD is useless for drifts and wheelspins?

Oops, not the other way around obviously.
FWD*

I think we should all take a look in the mirror here and decide if we look better smoking out our front tires, or the rear ones.

Drag strips never have front wheel cars unless it's some fag trying to see what his focus can run, time-wise.

Any kind of competitive racing with FWD is dumb yes.

>drag strip
>racing
Wrong. FWD has records of being competitive in mostly amateur racing but also touring car racing.

I know, FWDs exist because theyre more economical and practical in dailys than other solutions. That doesnt apply in racing, so why use it.

Fuck off back to your commuter civic. You know your POS will never ever be in any kind of competitive racing. Any car worth building is RWD because it's the most fun to drive.

Because suspension set-up, engine power and aerodynamics matter more. Some teams prefer FWD, deal with it kid.
Meanwhile in reality, pic related

I can find random ass photos of laptimes too. Doesn't prove anything retard. For all you know, that civic could have been converted to RWD. Now fuck off to bed because Amazon is tired of your searches for ricer decals.

Your civic suxs. Get some real data points from at least a consistent driver.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

Same guy with the GTI, what the hell are you trying to tell me. Sure theres always someone doing something, nissan developed a whole new FWD car and subsequently dropped it.
Yes, it works. But not as well as RWD or AWD.

it does though

in a FWD car you can't control oversteer at all. Once your back tires come loose you need to just hope they regain traction. In RWD you can modulate the throttle and get traction again.

or go to a track like an adult and get hektik

>Fuck off back to your commuter civic.
>your POS will never ever be in any kind of competitive racing
Not that user, but I raced a 90s civic on my way home the other day. Smoked it in a station wagon. I like it when commuter cars are willing to have some fun.

>in a FWD car you can't control oversteer at all.
It's called steering, break, and throttle input.

Yeah, there's no reason to develop for FWD if you have unlimited budget or no constraints. But FWD vehicles do find themselves competitive in certain motorsport categories.

No one wants hectic on a track. That's what skid pads are for.

Racing is fun regardless of what you're driving. But when you're tired of losing, it might be time to give up that civic.

Yeah you can, literally just floor it.

Exactly, thats what i meant.

yea
torque steer is disgusting

>what is having your control arms at even lengths

you mean your driveshafts, dunce

What is this left foot braking and how do i make my fwd more fun?

is this bait?
left foot braking is braking with your left foot

Are you literally retarded?

>how do i make my fwd more fun
What are you, 14 years old?

Name any serious sports car (and no, the CTR is not a serious sports car), super car, or top tier race car that's FWD. There's your answer.

Not that guy but having the front wheels steer, do most of the car's braking, and put power down makes for low grip on the front tires and in turn understeer

there are plenty of rally cars that are fwd.

Plenty enough that you didn't even list one.

Kill yourself buddy.

lmgtfy.com/?q=fwd rally cars

Nice to know you consider the Mini Cooper a rally car.

What, couldn't find any? Lol

LOL XDXDXDXDXD

I JUST LITERALLY

PEED

MY

PANTS

JUST A LITTE THOUGH

I MEAN ITS A LITTLE SPOT NOT LIKE IT RUINED MY CHAIR R NYTHING LOL BUT FOR REAL EPIC LULZ HIGH FIVES XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

U FRUSTRATED U FRUSTRATED BRO U SO MAD WHY ARE YOU SO MAAAAD I CAN POST ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS HOW IT SAYS IN THE RULES I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FAGGOTRY RULES Y SO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL THIS IS A SHIT XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XXXXXXDDDD CONGRATS MAN XD U FRUSTRATED U FRUSTRATED BRO U SO MAD WHY ARE YOU SO MAAAAD I CAN POST ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS HOW IT SAYS IN THE RULES I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FAGGOTRY RULES Y SO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL THIS IS A SHIT hgXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XXXXXXDDDD CONGRATS MAN XD

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh

xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY SHIT

whatr the HELL

WHATA FUCK MAN xD

i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh

xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

OMGOSH

DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

THIS IS A SHIT

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

A BlG ONE

XDDDDDDDD

A GRAT ONE

XXXXXXDDDD

Fuck off unless you're actually contributing to the discussion.

Jesus fucking christ all that screen real estate.

Civics absolutely DESTROY at my local autocross.

Also, >what is rally

why did we never get this frontend

it's literally one of the best of the 90's, if not the best

not in my experience

Only people that are boring drivers who expect the car to do everything for them to cover up their complete lack of skill.

>Also, >what is rally
>what is greentexting

The Integra was selling well with the bugeyes in the US so Honda saw no reason to change it. There was a huge uproar in Japan though and that's why they rushed to make it look like the previous gen.

the fact that the model was never offered and I have to spend 2000$ for an OEM front end is gay as hell though, fuck the past for not knowing about the future

*blocks your path*
seriously, show me a better 80s or 90s hatch than the 205gti/306gti. Anyone who disagrees simply doesn't know a thing about hot hatches.

They ran with the bugeyes for 8 years, they could've at least given the JDM front-end in 98.

probably a 92 or a civic

>They ran with the bugeyes for 8 years
In the US, yeah. In Japan they only ran for 1 year.
>they could've at least given the JDM front-end in 98.
I'd assume it had something to do with recouping tooling costs for the lamps or some bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4fWjhNRX8A

retard

This. Although it is easier for the general public to have fun in RWD cars. Fun being the generic term, and for me, it's controlled drifting, spin outs, and spinning tires. But for fucks sake, building a fun car is all about what you want the car to do.

i think the whole FWD sucks, RWD best is probably a somewhat american affection.
Just taking into consideration the utter SHIT fwd's the americans pumped out in the 80s and 90s compared to their glorious rwds of the 60s.
and of course any commonly held opinion in america spreads throughout the world until it becomes cultural fact.