The fucking madmen did it

The fucking madmen did it.

Koenigsegg just set a new record of 36.44 seconds from 0-400-0 km/h (0-249-0 mph).

The Chiron set the previous record in early september, so it got dethroned after less than a month. The Chiron set a time of 42 seconds over 3,1 km, the Agera covered around 600m less distance.

Furthermore the Chiron did it on VWs purpose-built test track whereas the Agera did it on a WW2 airfield with mixed concrete and tarmac.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1g07RpTPFE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02K1CaUpAJA
youtube.com/watch?v=aiz1qwGaD8I
youtube.com/watch?v=wuHS-C2nfvY
youtube.com/watch?v=0tLj91H1y3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neat! I want to see the Regara next, I feel like it's more of a competitor with the Chiron since it's supposedly more comfortable than their other models.

Wow cool another pointless "engineering marvel" that's completely useless in real life and serves no purpose other than making big numbers on paper until the next pointless "car" beats it next year.

Impressive

wow progress really sucks

Fuck yeah, being the best is gay!
Cant wait for my mediocre ass to go into my mediocre grave of mediocrity!

....so this is the power of Koenigsegg Direct Driveā„¢

Literally the same thing as Burgerking records or any other track records so fuck off.

No, it's not a Regera

You must drive a Citroen

How do they get it to brake so fast from that kind of speed? Does the front suspension automatically stiffen up or is it active aero on the rear? I feel like the weight being transferred off the rear wheels would be scary as fuck.

Probably both. They have really trick suspension, when they did the 0-300-0 record with the One:1 their test driver does pretty much the whole run without touching the steering wheel.

youtube.com/watch?v=02K1CaUpAJA

Run with sound (but shit quality because VBox) starts at 2:10.

youtube.com/watch?v=aiz1qwGaD8I

Wtf I hate Bugatti now.

Seriously though is Bugatti pretty much fucked right now?

They will literally never recover, all they had was endorsement from rappers, and this record.

>Where were you when VAG was BTFO

>Seriously though is Bugatti pretty much fucked right now?

Why? They are totally different cars. It's like comparing a Dodge Demon to an M5.

that's pretty cool but holy fuck whoever edited that video should be fucking shot

explain this comparison

This user knows what's up. I fucking hate these big, fag cars that are only good to reach stupid high speeds. It's like fireworks, pretty to look at that's all.

>I've only ever had a ride in, let alone driven, a soccer mom van: the post

he doesn't enjoy nor aspire to achieve stupid high speeds

He's right. It's uninspiring and uninteresting. I'm more interested in a true drivers car. If someone wants to go fast, get into drag racing. If someone wants a sub 7 ring time, buy a dedicated track car.

this desu

What are you, a fucking commie?
Come on Veeky Forums to talk about fucking civics and toyotas, 100% fuck off

And if you aren't a poorfag or an autist like you, buy a car that can do both :^)

t. busrider

Start liking fluid couplings.

E G G B O Y

>Seriously though is Bugatti pretty much fucked right now?

Not really. All Chirons are sold out last several years. They could make another edition of Chiron, so it will do better than Koenigsegg like they reclaimed the Guinness World Records crown from the scammy Hennessey Performance like there's no tomorrow.

is that tape?

not to mention that Koenigsegg did this with only RWD to the Chiron's AWD

Yeah, it's a customer car that had just been delivered.

Why not do it with the one:1?

They didn't have access to a runway of this size with the One:1 I think. They're all sold now so RIP. I hope they get to do something like this with the Regera though

To protect it from rock chips

It has too much downforce so it doesn't like the high speeds as well and as such would've been slower

its suspiciously taped all over the panel gaps
almost as if they tried making it more aerodynamic

What the fuck are you on about?
The panel gaps are still there. This board sometimes, I swear to god...

They did tape along the panel gaps, but none of the tape closed any gaps.

Both could be had for less than the price of a new minivan so I don't know what you think you're bragging about.

dumper destroyed chiron driver detected

yeaaaah wasting over a million on a car that would get smoked by a dedicated drag/track car that costs much less isnt something i aspire for.
t. rwd manual lightweight car driver. all that matters for a true drivers car.

M8 that's exactly what koenigseggs are. Lightweight, rwd, and high horsepower. They apparently handle well too so I'm not sure what else you need to qualify as a driver's car

the agera? whatever happened to the 1:1?

Do they still have the top speed record or no? That's really the only thing anyone cares about.

This is just fucking weird. What a machine.

The Agera RS doesn't have all the downforce-y (and draggy) bits that the One:1 has, so it probably has a higher top speed.

Yeah bro your miata is way better than a koenigsegg

relevant

Fucking kek

Yes user. Yes it is. If you don't realize why, you shouldn't be posting on Veeky Forums in the first place.

Impressive.

I will say that the magic behind the Bugatti is that it can do a 0-400-0 run and then drive around on city streets operating no differently than an R8, Continental GT, or even a Golf R for that matter. Not only that, its AWD system can handle all of the same weather environments as those cars while having an interior that is floor to roof in leather and aluminum.

Two different ways to tackle going extremely fast.

>0-250-0
they made up an imaginary record to "beat" while still having a lower top speed than pic related.

how cute.

Agreed, I'd love to see what the Regara can do since it's supposedly more luxurious and comfortable than the Agera

They didn't make up a record, Bugatti did. Koenigsegg set out to beat Bugatti. Nobody cares about the stretched, boosted Lotus because
>not a production car
>single pass with tail wind
>no record

Nice try though.

>Regara
Thank you for reminding me of that. What happened to it? Where is the production of that? It has been revealed since 2013. Technical difficulties?

I know there are a couple in the US that are starting to appear on "spotting videos", no clue about Europe/middle east.

Christian von Koenigsegg has been driving around in his (which I assume is like a demonstrator/show car) for a long time now.

guinness>you

Hennessey sure are taking a long time for their return run.

>I know there are a couple in the US that are starting to appear on "spotting videos"
I would love to see that. Link?

That's a paper for 0-300 which it did in 13.6 seconds, the Koenigsegg One:1 has since done it in 11.9 seconds.

Again, nice try and real neat trick having a picture in such low resolution that people can't read what it says.

Coverage starts at 9:30, apparently that one is going to Newport Beach, CA.
youtube.com/watch?v=wuHS-C2nfvY

This one also starts at 9:30, dunno where this is but in/near LA.
youtube.com/watch?v=0tLj91H1y3A

According to their site, Koenigsegg have sold all 80 Regeras they're going to make. There's a light blue one that was the first car/test car, and then there's a candy apple red-looking one which is the one Christian drives around in. I think the blue one is in Europe and the red one is in the US, at least it seems that way.

Or anyone's returns quite frankly

surprised anyone would deal with him after the fiasco with the vipers

Interestingly this run was done with a turbo 5l V8. It wasn't using their Free Valve technology, but was DOHC.

Was Koenigsegg able to BTFO Bugati so fucking hard that he actually held back?

The Free Valve stuff hasn't been implemented on this generation of their engine. Maybe we'll see a new engine in the replacement for the Agera that will have the Free Valve tech.

On one hand I'd like there to be a christian is love christian is life meme but at the same time I like how he's a more low-key visionary as opposed to elon's musk

>being a commie in 2017
Don't you have an antifa rally to go to and get teargassed?

It's the factory tape that are removed with the final inspection. As this was a customer car, they needed to not remove it.

You are so good at humor.

kek2

only shitskins and video game playing nerds obsess over million+ dollar cars. the faster you redpill yourself on true driving enjoyment, the better youll feel

>an egg from sweden

oh fuk that got me good lmaoing

That's explains why we don;t see a lot of Regara due to CEO being busy fucking cunts and boipussies, not producing cars.