After 21 years of 2nd gen, Toyota announced new Toyota Century

After 21 years of 2nd gen, Toyota announced new Toyota Century.

They change the glorious last gen V12 with modern V8 Hybrid along with entire assortment of new modern tech.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/tokyo-motor-show/toyota-century-finally-rolls-century
autoevolution.com/news/2019-lexus-ls-f-expected-to-debut-at-2017-tokyo-motor-show-concept-also-coming-120815.html
carsurvey.org/reviews/toyota/century/
carfromjapan.com/en/used-cars/toyota/century
youtube.com/watch?v=CQzCJfEgVU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks very turdworld.

actually one of my favorite newer interiors

Wow that is fucking gorgeous. Is this real?

Yes. Tokyo Auto Show premiere.
autoweek.com/article/tokyo-motor-show/toyota-century-finally-rolls-century

Why can't Asians design anything high-end without copying something else?

the whole appeal of the century was that it wasn't a tech fest. This will date the car badly and it won't feel as good in 20 years, but the old model will forever be luxurious and classy.

>curtains
Wtf I love Toyota now

Looks like some kind of weird Lincoln

poor man RR

>They change the glorious last gen V12 with modern V8 Hybrid

You'd think so because of the "grey cloth", but the Japs actually consider plush velour the most luxurious, and leather to be too hard and noisy.

Except it's a copy of a car they've been making for like 50 years?

Good enough for the emperor of Japan

looks like the interior of one of those inter-city coaches that you pay equiv. of $2 more to have a foot rest and feel rich while still using the same mode of transportation as crack addicts, teen moms and maids.

Exterior is nicer than a new Rolls Royce. Interior, not so much.

It's wool because leather makes too much noise

>teen moms
Sounds better than this life, desu.

holy moley i love this

the interior looks pretty good too, which is something I never thought I'd hear myself say about any modern car ever again

I like how dignified it is, shame for the V12 though

Oh you've sat inside and been in a Rolls Royce as well as the new Toyota Century for yourself

Amazing, please post the pictures you got of the Century please.

you're completely wrong tho

fender mirrors are sex

I never said I have. Going off pictures.

And this is what happens when 80s aesthetics never stopped.

>80s
Try 60s

looks comfy

Plush velour was considered the most luxurious in the west too. Leather seats were literally meme'd into becoming premium by poorfags.

80's aesthetics started in the 60's anyway.

Auto design has been one continuous climb between the 50's and the 90's

this is what cars would all look like if that trend had never stopped

Gray/brown wood paired with peanut butter mustard wood?
I have to admit that Nips can't into interior design.

you have bad taste lad its ok

nah, your taste must be worst.

American """design"""

>plush fabric seats
>old lady blinds
Fuck yeah, this is what automobiling in the 21st century should be

Can't wait for this. I'm hoping Australia is able to import them within a few years because the price would be just about right by then.

I would pay maybe 50k for this thing.

Why is it considered so cool by OP and Asians?

This.
For like 20,000 less you can get so much more, pic related.

It's the ultimate in comfy.

With the Audi you get so much less in build quality and comfort.

>V8
Annnnndd into the trash with it.

That interior is unique: cloth seats, curtains... it's so different from Bentleys and many other European luxury cars.

Thank you based Toyota. Shame hearing about the V12 going away, though.

>so much less in build quality and comfort.
lol

Is that a footrest? How short would you have to be to actually get any use out of that?

both are hideous

Japanese aren't too tall. But still, you're right.

It seems like the only way to fully stretch your legs there would be to push the front seat all the way, squashing the occupant.

And here I thought Toyota had finally laid the Century to rest in favor of the Lexus LS.

Dropping the V12 is a bit disappointing, but powertrain technology has come a very long way in the last 20 years. Many modern supercars now use hybrid powertrains just because they offer overall better performance and fuel efficiency, just like when electronic fuel injection technology finally matured and became widespread. Now with Toyota fully invested in Hydrogen Fuel Cell technology, we can only wonder where that will ultimately go.

The first gen Century lasted from 1967-1996. The second gen lasted from 1997-2017. Let's see how long the third gen lasts, and if Toyota will even be interested in selling it officially outside Japan (something I highly doubt since the LS is overall a much more appealing car to foreigners).

>removing the v12
literally why. that was the best part about the 2nd gen.

Wait a minute... So you mean to tell me that Toyota gets a V8, but the Lexus flagship gets stuck with a stupid V6???

cadillac + rr looking abortion my man
only toyota jp execs drive this shit anyway

Lc500 use a v8

autoevolution.com/news/2019-lexus-ls-f-expected-to-debut-at-2017-tokyo-motor-show-concept-also-coming-120815.html

Love it but my great granddad swore he'd haunt me if I ever brought a jap car.

I kinda hate/like the interior

It's different, that's for sure

>Lc500 use a v8
...and LX, GS, GX, and RC have a V8, too, but neither of them are the flagship model.

it's fukkken WOOL

boring, ugly, vulgar and fucking vw

>((((leather)))
>nigga wood

The west is very good at making things for pretending to be rich and very bad at making things for actual rich people, who end up having everything customized for their own tastes anyways

You can kick the backrest of the seat open and stick your feet through

So I've heard, the ethos behind purchasing Toyota Century is different to that of an S-class or A8.

You choose a Toyota century because "you've earned it" You've worked hard during your salaryman career and it's a signature item of having made it. And to provide your family with a high-quality car, and you'll probably keep it long into retirement.

You buy a luxury german car because it's expected by your peers, to make an impact, which spec you purchase signifies your monetary worth and it HAS to be new. You won't keep it longer than two years at the most.

Keep leasing a new car every 2 years like a good goy

How bad an idea would it be to import a used Century?

I can't imagine parts would be easy to get a hold of, but it's not like it's a car prone to falling apart in the first place

carsurvey.org/reviews/toyota/century/

New mid-term goal car found

It looks like one of those chinese knockoffs of a Rolls Royce. What is Toyota doing?

Never heard of the Toyota Century? They've only been making it for 50 years

Why aren't they making any for the NA market? I bet some Toyota rich fanboys would buy.

because its supposed to be a car middle aged to old japanese business men buy to show off their success.
if you want one in the USA just import a first gen one.

Because North Americans will never buy it, which is why the Lexus LS exists

Because most people would buy some german branded luxury car for the price of what the Century costs. Badgeworshippers mostly
Also the design philosophy of the Century is heavily geared toward the japanese market which is not what most americans want

test

Why isn't Veeky Forums talking about this car more? It's such a breakway from modern car styling, its a breath of fresh air.
>no "le edgy" car styling
>classic slab design
>reminds me a lot of classic land yachts.
>use's traditional 70's hubcaps, none of the edgy alloy car wheels
My only gripe with it is the interior wood trim color. When is it coming out and how can I get the car in burger land?

OP the first mistake you made was posting this in a german worship boiracer forum. Literally all the opinions from “just get an A8” to “is that a footrest?” are proof that this is a busriding forum of the worst degree.

Same shit with the other Toyota concept thread.

ITT poor fags pretending they know shit about high end cars. I bet only one the posters here has actually driven around in a six figure luxury car.

because Veeky Forums has bad taste

cant wait to lease one for $500 a month

Wtf looks like a phantom rip off

You know that nips are not creative. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

you guys have a weird taste. It looks like a grampmobile.
you can buy one for less than 15K. Its depreciation rate is really awful. The new one costs over $100K.

carfromjapan.com/en/used-cars/toyota/century

People are told what to like by big business. There is no definitive rich person taste except what is expensive. As a poor person, you get the styling business dictates you can afford. As a rich person, you get the styling business dictates should only be affordable by you.

If that's a spartan wool interior then yes, you like it, because poor people will never be seen with it, so it distinguishes you as rich.

Is it good as a single man's car?

nips are very creative, pretty much anyone with intelligence will have stellar creativity in at least one field, but their culture strongly discourages pointless displays of individuality. if you're going to make something new it has to be well done and worth doing, not just novel.

the west used to be something like that. and then young people mad at their parents weren't spanked thoroughly enough for just ONE generation and that fucked everything up.

no. it's a chauffer's car.

>nips are very creative, pretty much anyone with intelligence will have stellar creativity in at least one field, but their culture strongly discourages pointless displays of individuality. if you're going to make something new it has to be well done and worth doing, not just novel.
lol look at this delusional weeaboo. My point is that they can't design a better car.
>the west used to be something like that. and then young people mad at their parents weren't spanked thoroughly enough for just ONE generation and that fucked everything up.
>delusional projection
OK whatever.

Now, listen to the designer talk and seeing his sketches shows that he has no clue what he's doing.
picrelated: "Wheels as fireballs"

youtube.com/watch?v=CQzCJfEgVU0

Lexus needs to start hiring some European and American designers.

There are a few core rules to flagship sedan design: horizontal themes, large prestige gap, good wheel to body ratio, muted graphics. This guy is clueless, the LS breaks every single rule, and he's imagining wheels as fireballs.

Filthy gaijin are unworthy

>lol look at this delusional weeaboo. My point is that they can't design a better car.

They seem to have succeeded in that while europeans were too busy making what poor people think wealth looks like: the car.

>$100K shitbox that looks like a grampmobile
yeah no, it will flop badly in USA. see Century for $15K

Yeah, if you have a century that was not bought brand new and is not driven by someone you pay to drive it you're poor and you look poor.

It's not a poser's car you take a loan out for, it's a car for actual rich people.

I'd imagine a big reason it isn't more expensive is because who works on Toyota V12 engines and drivetrains in the US?
I don't have an answer, but my guess is that at 10k Century is like a 10k S600, except parts and training may only be in Japan

I need it

REJOICE GEEZERS!!

It's an abstract kind of feel to see cloth seats in an expensive car in 2017.

I would like to have one.

Emperor of what Empire even lmo

>it's a car for actual rich people.
lol no As Veeky Forumsfag in nip...
You buy a Lexus: Perhaps after a big promotion and being brainwashed by the overt Lexus 'lifestyle' ads and more subliminal elements such as semi-aniline leather branded dog collars.

You earn a Century: Through decades of hard work and success in a quiet, inconspicuous way.

You don't own any other vehicle after a Century. You die. That's it. Your next ride is taken from a choice spot on Mt. Koya with a burial plot and tombstone that costs more that most Japanese families earn in a decade.

Why?
Because you've become a Captain of your industry. Your industry wasn't sexy, flashy or even that attractive - but you owned it.

In my experience, no subordinate is allowed to ride in a Century. Even in a mixed fleet of Toyota and Lexus models.
For example, the CFO of a company is in the Century while the CEO is in a Lexus LS. I have NEVER seen that happen.

Only the top of any particular organization. There is a very clear hierarchy within Japanese corporate culture of who gets the Century.