/ovg/ - adfgsadfadf Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Aussie Racing Cars on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hXmJrJr
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?usp=sharing
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bop-class-regulations-dtm-gt1-gt2-gt3-gt500-lmp900.346620/
discord.gg/V7CYNag
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for forgotten Discord link discord.gg/hXmJrJr

>muh crates are bad

>GF
>being a pozzed up shitlib
kill yourself

>We're racing ARCA and Aussie Racing Cars on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.

ARC is still over, please correct the next op to Sega Rally Championship pls

>gf
>poz
lay off the common filth buddy

>admitting to not having a GF
Might as well stop posting lad. You're dumb and ugly.

Setting up a short GT500 series to run on Sunday evenings to see GT6 off. Here's the sheet, some details to be finalised: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?usp=sharing
Here's the BoP (see GT500 section): gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bop-class-regulations-dtm-gt1-gt2-gt3-gt500-lmp900.346620/

Penalty ballasts for each top 4 finish: 40 kg, 20 kg, 10 kg, 5 kg

and you are literally a bluepilled communist.

t. virgin

t. nigger spic

Hm....

Speaking of which, there's one hour left to send your skin to [email protected] to get it in tomorrow's race.

Sounds fun. Are we going to use my club or a different one?

sorry i'm late, i skidded

14th for RR3
>join WAT1

I guess it would make more sense to use yours. I'll change the sheet to reflect that.

HOLEE FUK IS FRICTION ASSIST OP
is it forced off/on online because if its not then thats just daft

>friction assist
does this just make your car actually have grip instead of having tired made of belgian chocolate?

>cars in FM7 don't have grip
Put a wing on it, dumbass
And nah it just makes shit like rain races act like it's dry

It turns curbs, wet surfaces, grass, and gravel into clean dry asphalt.

thats quite easily the dumbest thing ive ever heard of for a racing game. fm7 confirmed yet again to be garbo

>Put a wing on it, dumbass
is that within the regulations :^)

>grass
idk about the other but i touched the grass with it on and it was pretty grippy

Lel, wings lower your performance index and increase your handling on almost every car, there's literally no reason to not use them in online lobbies
Just like how every competitive tune is RWD (adds weight lowers PI) and sits on the heaviest wheels at the highest size the car lets (to lower PI more)
Homog only caps your horsepower and tyre compounds so far, tho you can edit it to accommodate for just about everything

But PI doesn't matter anymore. Only the homo-whatever regulations do now.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

hey the internet said pi is pointless and homologation is gay so it must be true

>night race
>cant find the key to turn the lights on
>lobby is starting to complain about that guy in the dodge charger appearing out of nowhere

s-sorry guys

I'll let you figure it out, though I'll surely regret not spoonfeeding it to you come your next reply.

I know, I know.

and then all the configurable options you have included for custom homog rules, you can also set the race to multi-class and choose two divisions and customize their homogulation rules.
tbf if I was a series organizer this would be my wet dream

>crates are good

>there's literally no reason to not use them in online lobbies
i refuse to use them until they stop looking like jose put it together behind autozone

m8, stop talking about a game that you have no clue about

well, not anymore when I forget the pics.

Veloster is the answer, that one is actually pretty well done.
Tho I will say you don't need them but they sure help on FWD hatches when you need to power out of a sweeper, and staying stable at high speeds.

theyre benign and can be ignored if they bother you

>Veloster is the answer
>1 car
desu i learned to live without downforce and i just dont use it ouside of the older cars that get the ducktail. desu i prefer using the splitter if i have to pick but it usually jacks up the pi

I mean out of the modern hot hatch category it's the car most worth using.
generic forza wings don't look so bad, it's the hatchback wings that get me.

>generic forza wings don't look so bad

They don't, atleast not compared to hatchback ones.
>when user is confronted with a different opinion than his

It looks pretty alright for this car

they do m8. it looks cheap, flimsy and tacky af

woah mama

>compared to the hatchback ones
Did you not finish high school yet or does the rest of the sentence just go over your American head?

>murrican
if only
actually the hatchback one looks stupid but it at least looks like it wouldnt snap in a strong breeze
i would sooner put a wing on a hatch than erect scaffolding on my trunk

>how to spot a ricer with no understanding of aerodynamics in a post
How are birds even able to fly lmao they look like they'd break in a stiff breeze

nigga that bitch ass scaffolding aint holding shit
and birds look proppa solid, sturdy and well built, not made in china unlike that auto zone discount special

does this fucker look like he cant handle some breeze

>implying the wing will ever get enough force to plain come off
This isn't gypsy shit dude

>This isn't gypsy shit dude
sure looks like it

So do birds.

u better take that back m80

>shoot bird wing with .22 round
>shoot Forza wing with .22 round
Gypsy shit still works after being shot
Forza 1 Birds 0

Pls don't shoot birds for fun kids

>implying you could find enough .22 to buy to conduct this test
liar

This is fair but what if I had bought it beforehand because I'm a gun grabber? (and ammo reseller)

I thought the .22 bubble was over?

>ammo reseller
user... you are the gypsy

>.22LR
>ever not being in a bubble
It's a permanent feature which is why Sport shotguns are more popular for a first gun

>gypsys
>buying things to resell
>working
It doesn't add up.

What do I say to support chat person to get Forza refunded? That my kid take my credit card without permission?

>the absolute state of idiots
Microsoft should offer a no questions asked refund if you're smart enough to find it

can this meme die already?
So far the discord has only bred shitty drivers with even worse attitude

name 69

every new guy who has come through discord to the races + all the greeks

well ban them off the series then, what are you waiting for?

You're missing the point, discord breeds shit drivers with an even shittier attitude and as long as it exists it will continue to do so

Is this the pinnacle of racing games?

>they got smart and made it so you can't hide the Forza logo in photo mode like you could in FH3

Also the game is really lacking in meme decals right now, someone should bring back all the shit that's on the FH3 decal market.

I've been playing it a lot lately. It's the best (most fun) racing game I've played so far. The car selection is decent, and the same goes for the tracks.

But they are missing one simple thing; the freedom to drive any track in reverse. Something they removed from the first game.

wut gaem?

And just to add, rallycross against AI is completely meaningless. They just follow the racing line as if it was dry tarmac.

Hi James

I dunno after the first one flopped so hard on my pre order I decided I wouldn't take the chance again

its ok at best, worth a tenner

do you guys know a game that lets me do nice things to my carfu? i've been dreaming of changing her apex seals

Remember to join for the 50 laps of Mugello on Friday, October 13th!
Homologation can suck it. Bring any car you want, just build it to s class. The only requirement is the car must have slicks and a cage. Prizes will be given to the series winner (25 dollars guaranteed right now).
Discord: discord.gg/V7CYNag
Signups: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit?usp=sharing

I pushed the race back a week since I made some people confused with my last minute changes.

Rotary?

RX-7 having Eco-Boost. What a fucking joke.

no mobile games pls

Idk what the fuck your talking about.

Rotary engines have apex seals.

the midnight inspired wat stickers are back up

>tfw you zone out after 10 mins
i cant handle 50 laps of anything

The race will be like an hour and a half I believe

Mugello is a cracking track.

So wait hold on, I've been out of town and away from my computer, what happened with the formula meme? Was it just one big shitpost?

>3 people signed up.

Okay let me explain what you did wrong because you seem to be incompetent at running a series.

The average /ovg/ race has either been two 20 minute races, or a 40 minute sprint race.

50 laps at Mugello (2+ hours) isn't reasonable for anyone here to partake in because we as a group are not that good enough to justify a race of that length. Lap counts are determined by guesstimating how long it will take for the race to establish a clear winner. Will our band of retards still be neck and neck on lap 48 of 50? The answer is no. It'll be one guy driving by himself on lap 6.

Forza is not very popular around here because of the $60-$120 entry fee. You are drawing from a limited pool of players.

Some of which don't even like the game because I don't know if you've noticed, but Turn 10 really fucked people with Forza 7 both thanks to loot crates and the shitty VIP preorder.

You are also asking them to build cars when Forza 7 isn't really about building cars anymore so nobody really knows what they're doing in regards to what will be a competitive setup.

>he put up a $25 prize

Ok so winner makes $12/hour for playing vidya. Nigga it's actually more economical to just skip the Forza race and go to work for a shift because you'll make more money putting up with less bullshit.

How accurate is gran turismo for general car performance? For example 0-100 times and the like.

Has anyone here with a phd in car tuning been able to decipher the differential tuning in Pcars2?

>settings for 3 different kinds of lsd’s
>more than one is usually enabled

The first part of your post is alright but
>loot crates meme
>VIP meme
Honestly m8 stop listening to Jim Sterling and go read the nice announcement on the forums.
>Forza isn't about building cars
Homog just focused it a bit more, see

>tfw no more forza races

i dont disagree with much of what you said but you dont have to be a dick when someone is trying to get a series going

Give it some time. Some people that would be interested in such races haven't bought the game yet.

t. one of these people

worst race of all /ovgt6/ time

Last year without /ovg/ I had a 10 race series where all races were 50 laps and every race had 6+ players in them, the biggest race had 13. Though I totally get endurance isn't everyone's thing.

The race will be less than an 1 hour and 40 minutes considering I set the test time with a completely stock viper, and all of the cars we'll be driving will be faster than that.

I know I'm drawing from a limited amount of players, but I'm just putting the offer out there for the people that want it.

I doubt it's that hard to put some parts on a car until it's 800pi, if anyone needs help I'd be happy to help them or they can just google it and find tons of post.

Also the 25 dollars is for the end of series, not for the race. Fuck giving people money every race, I'm a poorfag. The money is just there for a really small bonus at the end, though it will be added upon as the season goes on.

this

excuse me, I'm going to ask you to kindly delete this, please?

Also I'd be happy to have races be 25 laps if that would satisfy more people

Rip but it was kinda to be expected desu.

>Forza 7 won't launch on xbone right now if Xbox is connected to the internet
>Quick Google search shows others are having the same problem
>my save game is stored on the cloud

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Forza 7 won't launch on xbone right now if Xbox is connected to the internet
>my save game is stored on the cloud
consider it a blessing that it wont launch instead of doing some shit like resetting you savegame

how?

Oh man I would be so pissed. Even more so than I am right now BECAUSE I CAN'T ACCESS THE GAME I SPENT FUCKING $100 ON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. shit like this makes me so fucking eager for GT sport to come out and reminds me of why I switched over to PlayStation to begin with.

>i changed to PS because my game wouldn't work for a day

Please respond