/rlg/ - roguelike general

Cursed boots of levitation edition

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed)

DCSS tournament 0.20 results: dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/overview.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

last thread Never give up, ok user?

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Angband/
lparchive.org/Troubles-of-Middle-Earth/
angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=15598
youtube.com/watch?v=3yO1jgryqQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

remember when you could cast swiftness and levitate to get flying

True, but it seems to be working okay so far.
Do I quaff my 2 mut pots to try to get rid of this berzerkitis?

zerkitis is one of the worst muts in the game so yes

forgot image again because I'm literally retarded

>
>that ring mail
>no tele
TAKE
IT
OFF

seriously AE has to be the worst background now when is someone gonna fix it

just give me a spell that removes all the oxygen surrounding an orc priest

holy shit dump that body armour

>monsters have to keep spawning or else players won't know that they should descend
>there has to be a constant threat of starvation or else players won't have a reason to descend
t. roguelike developer

Dare I?

In Shiren all the staircases are one-way

you fight and eat because you will die tomorrow if you do not

I'm finally getting around to reading it, but thanks to the user who recommended the LP Archive for Angband:

lparchive.org/Angband/

I'm right at the part where, IMO, Angband gets really fucky (1750' or dlvl 35) and most enemies get hard as fuck. So, very interested to see how this guy maneuvers it and apparently wins.

Both are in brogue
Why the fuck

Get a second one and make a serum. More than double the fun.

Is there any reason to use a diesel engine in DDA given the choice?

Otherwise the player would stay on level 1 forever and would presumably be too retarded to make progress and try to win the game.

I dropped it in an ice cave, so I won't be tempted to put it on again.
Mut pots did alright.

DC:SS is Yred or Kiku easier? Furthest I've gotten is one rune before.
I'd prefer melee or hybird melee.

Yred gives you undead slaves that can win the game for you.

Its just another fuel source if you need it. Stick with electric/gasoline since they're way more common.

I thought so - I used to be fine starting as a MiDk before it was removed.
So still go MiMo or something?

I don't see the point in monk. Minotaurs have good weapon apts, and a MiFi has no trouble getting to the temple.

the only reason to pick monk is the 4 unarmed skill and i think that was removed (but it may have later been unremoved?)
if you aint a troll just pick Fi or Gl, your better starting skills + equipment are more valuable than a bit of bonus piety down the line

He also did a Tome 2.x Let's Play that was really entertaining/informative, but it's unfortunately lost to the internet.

Wait nvm, here it is.

???

you are probably having trouble finding it because you were searching for "tales of maj'eyal" or "tome' instead

What would the Beor version of Hador 5/1/1/1 be? I feel like playing some Sil and its one of the house I never won

There isn't one. Anyway, Beor's about rushing for Flanking+Dodging faster than other houses.

>d-dont rush me i wanna be comfy in my silk panties and aluminium bedsheets
Stick to non-roguelikes like CDDA, you tool.

AE is alright now that they have a decent offensive spell in airstrike.
They were never worse than AM.

Or wait, Beor gets the grace bonus, right. I guess you could sing your way to the depths with some stealth. Your choice on if you want to sacrifice 2 points of dex for 1115.
angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=15598

1115 + singing/sprinting?

2232 is boring but serviceable.

Riposte rush all evasion i guess.

Hmm. So basically a pacifist but without stealth so you're almost guaranted to die, sounds fun

EDAIN
PRIDE

When I play Sil and splat one Edain after another, I like to imagine that one future guy who will finally reach Morgoth by climbing on the giant pile of corpses of the brave dead Edains

It's interesting because you can streak Edains once you splat them enough.

Your brain switches into some sort of bizarre Edain tunnel vision (one of the guys on the forums called it an "E-hole") where the real world stops making sense and you start being able to predict that a monster will do X if you do Y and then make moves based on this system of autistic precognition. It's also spooky because once you come out the E-hole, you're never quite sure if your worldview has reverted back to normal or if you've entered a second aberrant state resulting from acute brain damage.

I once stayed up for three days ascending Edains and blacked out. All I have to mark the time are the chardumps and sixteen Wendy's receipts.

All I'm saying is that death is NOT a prerequisite for ascension. What you need is a change of perspective - seeing the wheel of dharma on its side, so to speak - which can come from death, but it's never necessary. Death is a purifying process on the path to enlightenment. Some men die tens of thousands of times before they break free, but others make it in one or two attempts. We all go to the same place though.

Never give up, ok user?

>All I have to mark the time are the chardumps and sixteen Wendy's receipts.
kek

AM is good user

Best race for DCSS Xom runs?

kobold

Monstrous demonspawn

So i got in the hospital from the challenge start, and after fucking up like 20 zombies I can't see shit. I thought it was just blood and it'd go away, but i can't seem to get it to stop, and I kind of need to be able to see, is there some adom bullshit where i have to wipe my eyes or something?

what kind of zombie did you fight i dont play with tiles but when it is pink its like i killed a boomer it eventually will go away

There was a fuckton of zombies, spitters and probably a boomer. I waited for like an hour IG and its just not going, im afraid if i just wait too long ill be hungry and shit and then it wont go away and i wasted time

>When you realise you cant read times
Im retarded it was like 5 minutes
I just hit the wait button more and it eventually went away
T. retard

hehehehe

if you wear eyeprotection like a gasmask it wont happen when they explode

tbqh Mo is literally the worst starting background, it has absolutely no tools that allow survivability in the earlygame.

Even trolls benefit more from Fi and Hu starts, for the free shield or rocks, respectively.

it has the highest EV you retard

train your fucking dodge skill

on SpEn i know i get a buckler but do i actually level shields at all?

What an outstanding post.

TrMo worships Oka and throw ruk tho

If you are an Ogre or troll it's like a shitty hunter yeah.
Starting with a ranged weapon is kind of poor for most characters.

Literally only because it starts off in robes, and backgrounds only matter for the very earlygame.

And in that space of time, you're more likely to not die as a someone with robes and a shield and a potion of might, than someone with just robes and some inconsequential ** piety.

ev doesnt matter, ac+ev+sh matters

>check your spells while wearing the shield
>check your spells while not wearing the shield
There, now you know the actual correct answer, without even having to solve a captcha on 4cham.

Post Brogue wins, faggot.

because it starts with the highest Dex and initial dodge skill user, it's the background that has the least trouble hitting adders in melee.
>ev doesnt matter
shut the fuck up we are not having this discussion again

I only have like 7 and max 6 lumens.

oh wait no that's actually assassin cause of that stupid +2 dagger

+1

what about freeze
or nets
or might

>what about freeze
melee refers to hand to hand combat or a brawl, or otherwise a chaotic close quarters fight between multiple combatants
>or nets
are a consumable ranged maneuver
>or might
does not improve accuracy, only the odds of dealing significant damage

That's trash
Brogue is shit

now if you had said enchanter...

i have never run out of nets before running out of D2 hydras

MiEn is better than MiMo because at least then you can crosstrain into longswords.

thank you based shaft

thats pretty cool usually i get fucked by falling in a shaft

Monk lets you pick your weapon now

every time I see your name I think that it's a shame it isn't Vajrapanties

l-lewd

you could say you get shafted

MIMo is way better than MiEn because you can start with an axe.

I have a zombie mom quest but the target's house has cellar spiders. If I light the door on fire, will it burn down the whole city?

if i have say 4 pips of stealth and am flying does that matter? doesn't flying not make any sound at all in crawl?

No, flying only matters for fighting on water without fumbling your attacks, or going over deep water/lava.

And monsters with airstrike deal extra damage to you, but that's about it.

Depends on how close together the nearest building are, I guess.

Though I don't know if a zombie dying to fire counts as your kill or if that even matters for that quest.

Your stealth is halved when you're in water and you have bad footing. In other words, if you'd normally have "you stumble ...." messages when attacking in shallow water, then your stealth is also halved when in water.

So, flying does have some purpose.

v - the +8 hand axe "Axtufu" (weapon) {drain, rC+ Str+4 SInv Stlth+}

There's also a tank parked outside. Should I try shooting the spiders with it? It doesn't have enough wheels so I can't just steamroll the entire house.

hi...

MY AX-FU??

Wrong, idiot.

AXTUFU, NOOBS!

youtube.com/watch?v=3yO1jgryqQ0

im-fucking-plying

This one goes out to everyone who hates these fuckers

I just spent 2 hours in mspaint to draw you a picture to illustrate my meaning

sigmund is a cuck

i feel like i understand your meaning even less now

I'm not sure what I expected, but beehives sure have a lot of bees, and it hurts when you're trying to start your motorcycle and four bees are eating your face. I want to say I remember them being easy food back in whales cata.

Need a roguelike where bees are endgame.

>playing online

There is another distant roar. More lava overflows!
_You hear a sizzling splash. x7
WOOOOOOOW