/dbg/ Dragon Ball General

Staying alive edition

>DLC 3 included:
– 3 New Playable Characters: Zamasu, Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosè Goku Black), Bojack
– 1 New Master: Bojack
– 3 New Parallel Quests
– 5 New Attacks (4 Bojack mentor skills and Rosè Kamehameha)
– 3 New Costumes (Future Mai's outfit, Black's Gi, Zamasu's outfit)
– 2 New Poses

>Helpful Xenoverse 2 Data/Links
pastebin.com/bRGkSuSh

>Xenoverse 2 Mods
pastebin.com/pDwFPrB3

>No Hud Mod (for beautiful screenshots)
mega.nz/#!ccICVaaB!8hy08k-uVZnn-8656WmjspN72wwaJITF6mo_ZgvMYc8

>Xenoverse 2 changes
pastebin.com/uDAS7TD9

>new 2D 3vs3 fighter by ARCSYS announced
drive.google.com/file/d/0B858vev8ML4NN2dDOElTNjZMdnM/view

>Community
PC: steamcommunity.com/groups/vfightersXenoverse
PS4: Search "Dragon Ball General"
XBone: account.xbox.com/en-GB/clubs/profile?clubid=3379873991575336
/dbg/ players: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ElJpKAB8F9xw-4oqsOuorggP_Hngdvxm7aduvpY1DIg
/dbg/ discord: discord.gg/wtSsdgv

>HOW TO FIND YOUR XENOVERSE 2 SAVE ON STEAM Perfect guide:
steam > userdata > [your steam id] > 323470 > remote > DBXV2
DBXV2.sav should be there, which is your savefile
If you wish to delete it to try reimporting or for other reasons, disable steamcloud on both xenoverse 1 and 2 first.

>Xenoverse Booru: Upload all Drawfaggotry here
xenoverse.booru.org/

Last time on /dbg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm
videosmaller.com
cloudconvert.com
mega.nz/#!BAJQ3Q6a!PPcmJhMSFh1NAJMab1Ofc019VpHtJN9mpbHv4iKVyR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kept ya waitin', huh

Good

Well, what's the next part of your master plan?

Hugs.

What a fucking circlejerk

It's better than insulting each other.

Thanks Cell Senpai for moving us forward.

Are his hugs perfect?

Goku gives the best hugs. Just ask Cell.

So who do you guys think will be the grapple character of DBFZ?

My money is on Android 16 or Nappa.

Broly.

Always bet on Broly.

Does ASW even DO grapplers? Grappling seems to be the antithesis of their type of fast pace combat.

there are no grabs in fighterZ
they replaced it with their dragon rush mechanic

Potemkin and Tager come to mind.

Has that been confirmed?

>Has that been confirmed?
the dev said that in one of the interviews

>No sick DDTs or command grabs
Well fuck me.

Can you further explain what this 640 x -1 resolution and 2 pass encode means? I have never heard of this encode and I'm assuming resolution is like the video size/quality like 480p?

So far I've been using a mixture of websites to make them:

video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm

videosmaller.com

cloudconvert.com

Welcome to every Veeky Forums general. Enjoy the circlejerk.

At least nobody ERPs in fighting games.

Use ffmpeg, or if you need a GUI for it, use the WebM for retards program. 640 x -1 means you change the width to 640 and then adjust the height to maintain aspect ratio. 2 pass encoding means it goes over the file twice to try and optimise the encoding process more.

This is fucking discouraging. We have a ton of other drgaonball games we can discuss even with DBXV2 being out for as long as it has been.

It's baffling that Katawa Shoujo and the other anime generals can stand tall. We got the announcement of a brand new game, we got great games in our library, and people are still as creative as ever. Lets kick it up guys.

Does anyone even still play Fusions? Does anyone here still play Budokai or Budokai Tenkaichi series? Does anyone care about Extreme Butoden? Can anyone even play Heroes? Does Dokkan warrant any discussion?

I haven't played fusion in a bit.
I know folks who play Dokkan.
Budokai is a weird place, I know some folks play it, but not many are vocal.

I can't vouche for the other games unfortunately.

Buu's Fury, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Dokkan battle here

I do play fusions (well, technically, I play attack of the saiyans right now) I'm even doing a save editor for it...

>Does Dokkan Battle warrant any discussion
you can discuss way more things about Dokkan Battle than about Xenoverse 2

Okay, cool.
Now, where are you, where are all those things when this general goes silent for hours? Where is it when folks get so bored they start shitposting about Aubah and such?
If you want there to be other kinds of discussion, you need to start it on your own.
Not that I expect it to work, I've seen people try and fail to pick up people's attention about other things. This just isn't a good place for discussion. Or maybe just nobody can start a good conversation.

But you've just nullified your own point by circling back to meta talk about the state of the general rather than just continuing a discussion about any of the games mentioned.

Nobody needs the condescension of being told how to start a discussion, just talk about something if you want to and ignore the shitposting, which I guess this post kinda is.

I tried to but it mostly gets ignored. I asked a couple of times about the Dokkan Battle meta and if unit X is any good to use but it never gets any replies while XV2 roleplay faggotry gets the attention it strives for

Why do people hate Gohan so much

Tired of him jobbing

They hate he became a jobber instead of taking the mantle of main character from goku which was the original plan

The wait for more information is killing me. And everyone else.

Because muh potential
hated when he was kid and always crying
hated how he became stronger than anyone twice through asspulls
popularity always has the flip side of having a lot of people who don't like them
I can see why they would hate him

regardless I like him

So fucking cool.

So I see pic related what would I set the ffmpeg to? What is this webm program, do you have a link? What would you use to do a 2 pass encoding, does this site work: videosmaller.com ?

he's the definition of wasted potential

too many sparks, fucking ruined

Conversely, which Dragon Ball character do you like the most and why? Do they have the coolest battles, are they badass in general, or do you actually associate with them?

There's a reason he's called Cooler, he's the coolest.

Why isn't he called Coolest, then?

Because that'd sound a bit silly as a name

because this way you can say he is cooler than the coolest

thats his older much cooler cousin

Dragon Ball character would have to be Krillin. Cheeky fucker, but a fun guy. Fights despite all the shit that can OHKO him. and in my group of niggas back in high school I was often compared to Krillin

Heck after I finished most of the mentor training back in XV1 he was my main mentor for my XV1 cac.

I'm playing XV2 online quite a lot and I have a few questions:
- One of my ultimate finishers is Supernova Cooler. Since I equipped that move I have seen it quite a lot. Is it that popular?
- I can not only heal myself but everyone close to me. How do I communicate that before the match starts?
- I have Rise to Action and Maximum Charge as skills always. Is there a downside to this?
- As a soul I have the Janemba! Janemba! one because I'm confident that I will perfect block. I have yet to see another player (pve or pvp) to use that soul. Is there a reason for that?

>- One of my ultimate finishers is Supernova Cooler. Since I equipped that move I have seen it quite a lot. Is it that popular?
I mean, it's okay, but for me it tends to whiff on grounded enemy. I prefer something more reliable, though it is one of the better ball ults and it's good to spam in PVE.
>- I can not only heal myself but everyone close to me. How do I communicate that before the match starts?
You mean Energy Zone in 3v3? You gotta have mic I guess, though it would still be a pain for them to move to you and you'd just get broken probably. For PVE you can use Hmm hmmm hmm with better results.
>- I have Rise to Action and Maximum Charge as skills always. Is there a downside to this?
Well, missing out on more offensive skills. For PVP you won't have much opportunity to do both, while you could use some other utilities, such as shockwave or a timeskip skill to deal with blocking, or pose for buffs, or meteor strike/blow for breaks, or as I said before, another reliable attack. You're really just missing out on a lot of good things. In PVE you can just stand on ground for stamina recovery and just keep max charge on.
>- As a soul I have the Janemba! Janemba! one because I'm confident that I will perfect block. I have yet to see another player (pve or pvp) to use that soul. Is there a reason for that?
I don't remember what it does, people typically just use souls which give them good offensive boosts or some utility, like "I'll use all my strength to kill you" for Ki recovery. There are also other good perfect block souls, Turles's one which increases stamina lost by enemy, Whis's which gives you health, or Vados's which gives you more Ki and stamina.

> I prefer something more reliable
For example?
> You mean Energy Zone
Yes. I try to use it in front of portals to inform other players.
> Hmm hmmm hmm
From whom is this soul? And what does it do?
>For PVP you won't have much opportunity to do both
In my experience the best time to do this after a grab and that will happen.
>don't remember what it does
"Boost KI restoration on success. Temporarily boosts strength of Ki Blast skills."

I always liked Trunks because he was a good guy but with a mission. It's never about just wanting to be stronger to fight the tough guys for fun, he does everything he can to fight for other people even if he's not strong enough to win on his own.

I guess there are just some things about him that struck a cord when with me I was a kid.

Also swords are cool sometimes

>For example?
Beams in general. Makankosappo and Super Kamehameha come to mind, they're great for stam break punishes, or even gard knockdowns. If you can get a heavy break in, Meteor Burst is probably the best option though.
>From whom is this soul? And what does it do?
It is acquired from buu kids, it regenerates your and your allies health if you have either transformation or a buff active. It is actually broken right now, as it should require both to be active, do not use this in PVP, it's cheap as hell.

As for charges, in PVP if you really need, it's best to keep just one charge skill, out of which rise to action is really better. You can attack without ki, but you can't survive without stamina. Ki is generally easier to come by in PVP.

but which sword Super is coolest?

Tough call because they both look pretty cool and have their uses, but just because we don't have the option of using swords in regular strings i gotta give it to burning slash

So what do you expect from DFZ (Or what ever we call Dragon Ball Fighter Z). Hopefully we get some pallet swaps referencing other characters.

Special Beam Cannon < Makankosappo < Demonic Piercing Light Murder Gun

>Not Makanko Cannon
Look a this filthy monkey

Arcsys does good palette swaps, I'd be severely let down if they didn't have any for this.

>not Special Needs Cannon

Surely there has to be a a way to get this headband as an accessory.

I like Shining for also being a teleport

Shit character

One more thing:
I tend to host pq's with two players instead of three to make them more interesting.
Is this off-putting?

I experimented with it a bit last year, the problem is that it doesn't really fit properly on any hairstyle other than the one it was designed for (in this case, I based the accessory model on the bandana from the SSJ1-2 hair). On most hairstyles it looks either comically oversized/undersized or just has clipping issues out the ass. I decided it wasn't really worth pursuing further.

How about with Kogu's bandanna?

Same story most likely based on looking at the model, it'll clip or otherwise just look out-of-place on any different hairstyles. It's probably why we didn't get any actual headband accessories in the base game.

Streaming the first ep of the Buu saga

Weebcrew.moe

Gohan has and always will be my favorite character. Watching him grow while seeing the series and growing alongside him was a true treat.

Latley I've been becoming a huge Frieza mark though.

Hey fart you haven't uploaded that anywhere have you? I'd like to mess around with it if possible

Sure, this is what I have
mega.nz/#!BAJQ3Q6a!PPcmJhMSFh1NAJMab1Ofc019VpHtJN9mpbHv4iKVyR8

I want Leo to beat me up, tell me I'm shit a at Xenoverse then have his way with me and fill me with his shitter monkey seed

>ywn beat Leo up and have him demand a rematch while you tell him your ip don't want him no more

Neat

I love seeing comparisons between the games and anime/manga, it's real nice

they were talking about physical throws being replaced with dragon rush (which is just a throw that leads into a dust type launcher, it can be teched but not blocked like throws)

Have a good night ded thred

But it's morning.

aubah pls

>LR broly with lvl 2 super attack

Why won't Leonidas love me back?

thanks fart, it actually doesn't look too bad from the front

Uuuuh
do you think you can really handle Leo's 3rd arm crash?

So AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMS is fun.

I don't think I can but I still want it. I want you to split me in two, I want you Leo.

Why can't we have a 3D DBZ that looks like that instead of 2Dshit?

2D>3D

Who are you?

Just a literally who monkey who wants to repopulate the saiyan race with you

It is morning, though.

best space lizard

B-but what about Leo's partner and Shalot?

I wanna meet you little monkey

You don't need any partner but me, and Shalot is stinky!

I wanna meet you
inb4 db pedestal

I'm waiting at the pedestal

N-not so rough next time senpai

I-I didn't know that was you. I'm sorry ;_;

I'm just not good enough to satisfy you Leo-senpai

>General is so dead it's resorted to praising and flirting with fucking Leo

I had fun playing you

I'll leave you with some lewd, ily

Better than that piece of trash Aubah.

It's better than the smileposting /dbg/ 1.0 had to resort to in order to stay alive after its DLC 3.